Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Teaser - Give us a Boost - Booster Skins!

Howdy Farmers,

You may have seen a sneaky little reporter from the Racing Farmer has got the inside scoop on some future content, booster skins! We’re sure you have plenty of questions so here’s a little overview of what you can expect:

• We know how you love your boosters, they’re helpful for events, co-op activities, and your general farming. With this feature we want to give you the opportunity to get more of a boost and look great while doing it!

• Booster skins will be available to be bought for your buildings, once applied they will add a boost to a specific production from that building, field or whichever skin you have gotten. For a time you will get a bonus to that production, and the skin being on it makes a clear indication of whether or not a facility has a boost on it.

• Skins come with various effects, from boosting the production amount of an item to reducing the total production time. Depending on the rarity of the skin you receive, you could get up to three effects at the same time!

• Booster skins are temporary, giving you flexibility with the boosts you have active on your farm. They can last anywhere from an hour to a day!

• At first, the skins will be available for purchase outright, but we will further develop this feature to include some fun mechanics in how you gain the skins and also a booster skin ‘vending machine’.

• We will first begin with some of the existing skins already appearing in the game, we will also add more looks and boosts in future depending on how you guys like the new feature!

• Regular skins will still be available, as well as the new temporary booster skins.

• Last but not least, we got a little sneak peak, a so-called teaser graphic for you, how it might look later in the game. Keep in mind, this is still Work in Progress and can change:

We’ll have more for you on this feature next month!
Stay tuned, Farmers!

Comments

• durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    Another ploy to rob gold.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 28.09.2018
    ...and after the boost is over does the skin just disappear? I assume you have to wait til your field or shed is free (not in production) to utilize the skin. Does the timer start when the skin is applied or when you win/buy it? (It just says once applied you get the boost, but being GG is developing this, the timer starts when won on other boosters...).
    Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    edited 28.09.2018
    After the skin stops working can you remove it and then reapply it so that it works again ?????
       Or is it a one time thing and then garbage.

:o 

• 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    A message to GGS (not the moderators- we know your doing a great job).

Please, please, pretty please, stop giving us new content until you fix up the game to a satisfactory working situation. Everyday is a surprise not knowing which bug will get you.

Fixing the game up properly = players will spend more gold naturally without you having to set so many "gold traps". Happy players will make you a bucket load more money than dissatisfied ones. I personally am not a huge gold buyer due to financial restrictions but just reading the forum tells me there are a lot of players who would spend more if they were happy with the game.

You keep sending out surveys. Why? You obviously don't listen to people.

Here's a challenge to you. Set up a special forum discussion where people can make suggestions and then other players can vote on those suggestions. After say one month, collate all the information and then start working on the problems that get the most votes. To be fair on you, you could break it into 2 sections:
    1. What the customers want
    2. What is easiest for your programmers to fix.
      As someone who has done a bit of programming in the past I know full well there are jobs that can be fixed in just minutes and others where it is nigh on impossible to track down the problem.
    You could then work on both lists and when an item is fixed put a strikethrough to show that it is done and everybody can see what's happening.
  • Hey wow, this is great! And it appears that we can use our farm dollars to buy them! This is truly great news! 
    thats the regular skin that u can buy with $$
    GGS only wants your gold...
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    There are three months remaining for the new owners to keep their promise to make a gold lock. I don't expect to see that happen now, but I hope I am wrong.

Why would they expect us to buy more gold for this or any other feature without a gold lock in place?

The mind set behind this nasty pay to win feature is yet another sign that the long term future of the game is not going to happen.
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    I hope they don't require gold or a lot of dollars to buy. Otherwise again a useless thing for the players like me ;).

Stop giving appearances for gold and better give them to buy through dollars so that everyone can buy

As gold appearances can't be bought by everyone and dollars can be bought by most of the players. So better GGS provide these appearances to buy with dollar instead of gold. Otherwise only few will buy and enjoy them.  :(

You guys already in process to add usless gold taking stuffs in the game that takes small amount of gold daily and make the farmers poor. :o:o
    Like : Turbo harvester and Repeat harvester. >:)
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    Such a crap.
    One more big crap to attract
    the players who don't
    know about the fishes much
    and would buy them
    thinking that they are good and
    don't know what are they actually.

I am talking about the offer given by GGS that is this :

Don't you think this is a net from GGS for the players who don't check what is it or don't think much and buy these fishes.

So I advice not to buy these fish and be rich ;);)

And GGS stop providing such offers>:) 
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    Booster skins:  appearances *skins* with one-time-use abilites.  hmmmm.

Questions:
    1. Can we keep the skin after the booster has been used? ( just to use as an appearance )

2. What does the mean for existing skins that have been earned as prizes in events?
    Now any skin can just be outright purchased with gold or dollars?
    Sort of lowers the "value-quality' of skins that were earned as prizes in events if we can just purchase them.

Basically we're just buying timed-boosters for individual buildings but we're getting the added bonus of an appearance-skin.

I put high value on the skins I've earn through events.

• CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    edited 09.10.2018
    ...and after the boost is over does the skin just disappear? I assume you have to wait til your field or shed is free (not in production) to utilize the skin. Does the timer start when the skin is applied or when you win/buy it? (It just says once applied you get the boost, but being GG is developing this, the timer starts when won on other boosters...).
    The skin does disappear when the effect wears off, freeing up the facility for the next booster skin. You don't have to wait to use it though, it will work on any active production, meaning you can add the skin to the product before it's over to gain the boost. The timer does not start on the boost until it is added to the building you want to use it on and does not begin counting down as soon as it is won.

EDIT: Apologies guys, you cannot add a skin to a building that is busy. You are able to access the appearances menu but not apply the booster skins until the production is over. That's my bad!

1. Can we keep the skin after the booster has been used? ( just to use as an appearance )

2. What does the mean for existing skins that have been earned as prizes in events?
    Now any skin can just be outright purchased with gold or dollars?
    Sort of lowers the "value-quality' of skins that were earned as prizes in events if we can just purchase them.
    1. The appearances and booster skins are 2 separate things. Appearances are bought and used any number of times you like, one skin can be added to one building and when you remove it it returns to your inventory. Booster appearances on the other hand are temporary, the boost lasts a certain amount of time and once the time has expired it cannot be used again. It is removed form the building and inventory to make space for the next booster skin you will add to the building.

2. Nothing at all, your existing skins will still perform the same function and still be in the inventory. There will be 2 sections in the appearance inventory, one for regular skins and one for booster ones. You'll be able to see which is which from this menu and apply them if you so wish. The existing skins won't suddenly all become available for purchase and so the collector's value shouldn't be affected on any of them.

I am talking about the offer given by GGS that is this :

Thanks for the report, but if you could report this in the relevant thread. This thread is about booster skins so this is a little off-topic. Just a friendly reminder for now :) This offer was timed with the Oktoberfest event, you may recall last year there were fish included in the event and people complained these were too challenging to get along with all the other products required for this and other events. It looks like the offer was timed to match that event before the change of not using Deep Sea fish was implemented. No conspiracy here, just an offer that wasn't removed when behaviour changed. I will forward it to the necessary people for you.
    Post edited by CM_Hunter on
  • William Robert (US1)William Robert (US1) US1 Posts: 367
    edited 11.10.2018
    Is the Wabbit blowing smoke and just making up numbers in his example about the order of boosters, handbooks, and humus? Is the edge plant penalty going to be 5% instead of 60%?
    @William Robert (US1). Please don't insult the moderator like that. Wabbit does an absolutely fantastic job, a very much thankless VOLUNTEER task in passing on to the players the information that GGS deal out. More often than not, what they do in the background to help players out goes unseen. More often than not, it is they who get problems solved. Often times, we realise that what's being handed out by GGS is not good (see my post above), but please, pretty please do not shoot the messenger.  If you think you can do a better job, apply for the position.
  • @William Robert (US1). Please don't insult the moderator like that. Wabbit does an absolutely fantastic job, a very much thankless VOLUNTEER task in passing on to the players the information that GGS deal out. More often than not, what they do in the background to help players out goes unseen. More often than not, it is they who get problems solved. Often times, we realise that what's being handed out by GGS is not good (see my post above), but please, pretty please do not shoot the messenger.  If you think you can do a better job, apply for the position.
    I don't know what is insulting by asking if the change in edge crop penalty in his example was smoke or real.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @William Robert (US1). Please don't insult the moderator like that. Wabbit does an absolutely fantastic job, a very much thankless VOLUNTEER task in passing on to the players the information that GGS deal out. More often than not, what they do in the background to help players out goes unseen. More often than not, it is they who get problems solved. Often times, we realise that what's being handed out by GGS is not good (see my post above), but please, pretty please do not shoot the messenger.  If you think you can do a better job, apply for the position.
    I don't know what is insulting by asking if the change in edge crop penalty in his example was smoke or real.
    The 5% figure was just to make the examples easier to understand. The edge crop penalty will remain at 60%.

It's in the way you asked the question. "Is the Wabbit" implies the Wabbit as moderator is directly to blame and as I said in my response, "don't shoot the messenger". Telling someone or implying that they are blowing smoke is a direct insult unless you are 100% certain they are. In this case, you were unaware of the facts, hence your question "Is the edge plant penalty going to be 5% instead of 60%?"

A more civilised question may have been "I'm having trouble understanding the mathematics of the edge plant penalties. Is it going to be 5% instead of 60%?" I guarantee you would get a much better response rate.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Is the Wabbit blowing smoke and just making up numbers in his example about the order of boosters, handbooks, and humus? Is the edge plant penalty going to be 5% instead of 60%?
    Sorry all! The confusion was my fault, I used smaller and more manageable percentages just to give an example of the order. The important thing is not the numbers themselves but the order in which things happen. should have made it more clear that the numbers had been pulled from the nether and my apologies for that!
  • Thank you for the clarification. Real numbers from game mechanics are always simpler in my mind.
Sign In to comment.