Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

Comments

• I notice GGS have been in and done another raid on certain items - speed fertiliser being one of them - quite right, I had been given too much - again.  (had 20k+ yesterday and now its back to around 7k and I hadn't used any at all)

I am concerned though that as we had no warning of you doing this for the second time that you have taken stuff that you shouldn't have - items that we earned fairly and squarely.  I now have just 2 gml's left - although I didn't take any screen shots because no warning was given, I swear before you did this I had 5 - and likely had used one.  I hadn't earned any in the VF this time, not long enough, but did get some in gold mystery boxes - so where have they gone please?  

I also notice my ordinary fertiliser levels are low - too low and my humus is suddenly much lower than I expected to see.  I cant say exactly how much by - see comment above regarding no warning being given, but I know they are not anywhere near right.

If you are going to do raids on our stocks - at least tell us before hand so that we can see and screen shot what we had.  Secondly please provide an explanation as to why other, fairly earned rewards are being taken - without warning or excuse.

It has been said so many times before on here, but either the message does not get taken seriously or you are deliberately treating your customers like rubbish - and laughing at us behind our back when we purchase gold .  Ha ha ha they've spent real money on gold to play the game and we'll take away what they earn fairly, so then they buy more!  Well, sorry, but it doesn't work that way - you treat customers like rubbish they wont stay customers for long.  People are leaving this game - fact.  High level, long term players - fact.  Players that used to buy gold - fact.  Why?  Because you treat them so very badly.

Simple final question - and I would like an answer - when are you going to stop treating your customer base like dirt?
  • TY Southern - I did not see that on here - I cant see why they dont send the warnings out like they do the wwc results - then we wouldn't miss them as I did with this one.  I'm not making excuses for not seeing it, but I, like a lot of others probably, dont look at the forum every day - I dont have time to be honest.  I know lots of players that dont look at the forum at all - its not 'their thing' so a global message would be a lot better way of them communicating take-backs/raids/whatever one wants to call them.  They obviously can do it that way - they do with the wwc results, so why not.

I also still think its wrong for them to take stuff that wasn't given in error, but earned fairly and will wait for the response as to why they did that.

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995

Next time, please do not start cooperative events straight after you cancel another cooperative event. It creates a lot of confusion among the cooperative and makes the event more luck based, since players do not know when it will start and they do not have time to prepare for it.
    They should not start any event immediately after the previous event. And why not create a countdown timer for (C)HWE, FHWE and VF as is done for the CC? 
    Since the recent shift in starting times for the (C)HWE from 00.00 CEST to 02.00 CEST, at least with a countdown timer we know for sure whether to stay up or go to bed.
  • Hi Guys, 

@William Robert (US1) @janflipflo (GB1) We put you both on the list for further investigation.

Curious if the team ever got well enough in the past 2 weeks to look further into my lost construction tokens.

I'm not sure what they could do about it at this point anyhow, I have received more than enough to use the extra slot at least twice. Maybe they will upgrade the Farm Laboratory on my Main Farm 10 more times. I could work with that.
    I think I hear crickets.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

GGS seems to have managed a step forward in the completion of the Village fair, no major bugs forcing to end the event ahead of time

Maybe now GGS could focus on the content of the Village fair and make it more enjoyable and less frustrating. Is this in the plans ?

A few suggestions:

1 - don't launch the Village Fair while another coop event is still active
    2 - avoid to have more than 1 product from flower farm in each challenge
    3 - slash the amount we need to collect by at least a factor of 10. Both points 2 and 3 would give low level players a chance to participate 
    4 - improve personal and coop rewards, this would greatly increase interest and participation 

More in general, for all events, stop messing up with your player base and show some respect for your customers.

I don't know what type of statistics GGS looks at, but the fact that on our server there are less than 4000 active players (approx 6000 last year), and of these only approx 2500 (including the multiple accounts lol) active on a weekly basis, should be taken as a serious warning that the game is evolving in the wrong direction 

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes, @PCA (GB1) , running this at same time as Oktoberfest is an appalling idea.

There are 44 co-ops in Diamond league and 15 of them are on zero
    We started 1 task by accident, made no attempt to complete it, and we are now 9th  !!!!!!

This is a fun event but impossible to do when ones fields are fully committed elsewhere. 
    I find it very frustrating to have to ignore it
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    A coop member has a problem. When she opens a village fair, she gets kicked out of the game (the game starts reloading, if I understad correctly). She plays on an old computer, chorme version  69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (32-bit).

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 28.09.2018
    Yes, @PCA (GB1) , running this at same time as Oktoberfest is an appalling idea.

We started 1 task by accident, made no attempt to complete it, and we are now 9th  !!!!!!

This is a fun event but impossible to do when ones fields are fully committed elsewhere. 
    We have 48 coops in our diamond league and 28 are with a zero as well.  Not very good to me either.  We are barely playing and we are ranked #7.  For a coop such as the one I am playing in right now that shows how little those coops which are playing VF aren't doing much.  There are many low level farmers in the coop I am playing in at this time.  Telling?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    A coop member has a problem. When she opens a village fair, she gets kicked out of the game (the game starts reloading, if I understad correctly). She plays on an old computer, chorme version  69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (32-bit).

I had this when running HTML but I could still get in via the tab at the side instead of the stall in the carpark
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

Only 15?
    On int(1) only 15 are active one coop is above 5mill while other 14 are 2k to 257k points lol this is nothing but  an event we don't have much importance like Vl
  • From the announcement I read:

"The new Village Fair is also intended to replace the occasional Cooperative Championship, so that the overall number of CC will be reduced & we will run the Fair instead, for a bit more variety in the schedule."

Glad there are only 3 CC's on the October calendar. 
    ;);)  
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

SUGGESTION:

It would be nice if the Wheel of Fortune for the Village Fair could be painted a different color than the regular version.

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Now that the Village fair has ended, I've got a question about the mechanics and purpose of this event. (and yes, yes, I know the purpose is for players to spend lots of resources, but that's not what I mean :D)

The coop I'm in was put in the bronze competition, fine, that's where we are with CC's as well, there were another 5 or 6 coops of similar or higher level, the rest were very low level coops with few members.
    Our coop finished 2nd with over a million points (my fellow coop members can be very enthousiastic :) ).

Now exactly what have we achieved, apart from the one bronze mystery box?
    Are we promoted to a higher level competition? Will the different competitions be revised to reflect the amount of points earned? We would have been in the top 10 of all the diamond competitions I saw, and it was baffling to see some coops that were put in those competitions.
    If everything stays the same, we are destined to constantly come second behind the one other active coop, much larger than ours.
    Surely there must be an incentive in the planning to keep playing?
    It's good to do something together as a coop, but if the only result is a depletion of resources I'm afraid even the few coops that took part seriously will soon stop doing so.
  • Now that the Village fair has ended, I've got a question about the mechanics and purpose of this event. (and yes, yes, I know the purpose is for players to spend lots of resources, but that's not what I mean :D)

The coop I'm in was put in the bronze competition, fine, that's where we are with CC's as well, there were another 5 or 6 coops of similar or higher level, the rest were very low level coops with few members.
    Our coop finished 2nd with over a million points (my fellow coop members can be very enthousiastic :) ).

Now exactly what have we achieved, apart from the one bronze mystery box?
    Are we promoted to a higher level competition? Will the different competitions be revised to reflect the amount of points earned? We would have been in the top 10 of all the diamond competitions I saw, and it was baffling to see some coops that were put in those competitions.
    If everything stays the same, we are destined to constantly come second behind the one other active coop, much larger than ours.
    Surely there must be an incentive in the planning to keep playing?
    It's good to do something together as a coop, but if the only result is a depletion of resources I'm afraid even the few coops that took part seriously will soon stop doing so.
    @grrr (NL1) In the Update on the 16th they added some more tweaks to the Village Fair event, one of which was about the leagues and rankings, so things should be a lot clearer next time the event is run. We are also still waiting for this building to appear in the coop village:

Which relates to leagues and Hall of fame, so there is still more to come.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    edited 21.10.2018
    @grrr (NL1) In the Update on the 16th they added some more tweaks to the Village Fair event, one of which was about the leagues and rankings, so things should be a lot clearer next time the event is run. We are also still waiting for this building to appear in the coop village:
    Well, the only difference I can see is that chat shows who started the challenge and a vague note in the description about promotion/degradation, but we're still in a bronze league with two or three other reasonable level coops and a host of small ones, most of which probably aren't active anymore.
    What's the point? Nothing is said about which place in the ranking gets you promoted.

EDIT: My apologies, I just saw the green arrows that indicate that the first 2 in the rankings will be promoted, i'll blame it on the sun shining on my screen  :*
    Post edited by grrr (NL1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    How do you tell which league you're in?  Our page says "Diamond." That can't be right unless no one else is playing much.
    Nobody is getting Coop Challenge Support Rewards, Only personal ones even though it shows the rewards are checked as if they were earned.
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    Nobody is getting Coop Challenge Support Rewards, Only personal ones even though it shows the rewards are checked as if they were earned.
    I think the all awards are being credited ... It looked like our coop wasn't getting them either. So I tried switching to flash and saw that they had been credited and returned back to html and they were still there, so am guessing it may just need a re-log to see them? 
  • @SuzyQ22 (US1) @debj (GB1) Well spotted deb, if yours turns out to be the same issue Suzy, please could one of you make sure that it is posted on the HTML Feedback thread - Thankyou :)
    edited 22.10.2018
    @SuzyQ22 (US1) @debj (GB1) Well spotted deb, if yours turns out to be the same issue Suzy, please could one of you make sure that it is posted on the HTML Feedback thread - Thankyou :)
    I already did that before when it first happened.  It shows we got them but we had not got them.  No drops at all, only personal rewards.  We made sure to check when we started a brand new challenge.  I was the only one who collected.  I 100% collected the Aloe and I got the personal reward for reaching my next milestone.  The rewards for coop showed all four had been credited but nobody got a drop from it.

Edit to add:

We are not doing any challenges right now, we finished that one out with 100% for all four so we took a break and will start again in the early morning when more players are on to take advantage of the boosters we earned.

• jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    edited 22.10.2018
    Why not to add the option of skipping any challenge at village league?
    Its too booring to wait for the ending time of any challenge as some take even too much time. Few people get bored in 30 minutes timing only. 

So i would like to request GGS to put any such type of option (like we have in missions of shelving the mission and go to next) as I think it would help the cooperative in increasing the score and boosters fastly.

Its almost waste to wait for next 25 minutes.
    The challenges often end with time still left on the clock. Really messes up last-minute harvests.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Generally there are additional "personal hard work rewards" that can be gained by continuing to harvest for the challenge til it ends! 

I personally could care less about this event, do short challenges, done early and bored, do long challenges and spend a ton of gold to try to complete them... 
    A few in our coop think the VF is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The vast majority don't like it, or do very little -- like waiting to see if a challenge is on before harvesting.
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    @SuzyQ22 (US1) 

sorry it didn't solve your issue.
    After some more checking, for me it isn't a HTML/flash thing, the game just needs a reload to get the support awards credited. 

What happens is that I get the personal hard work rewards ok, but not the challenge support items. e.g. the next support award was speedy fertiliser but the number stored in my management didn't alter after I got the award even though a green tick appeared against it in the game. However, if I log out of the game and reload and then check the speedy fertiliser in my inventory, it had increased in number by the same amount as the award. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    So now that we have the name of the person who started the challenge listed in the Co-Op Chat window (thank you VERY MUCH for that, by the way!), would it perchance be possible to reduce, or even remove, the 20-minute delay for starting a challenge?

Now that we know WHO is starting the challenges, it's not as important to limit (starting challenges) to deputies as it was at the initial launch, and even in our fair-size Co-Op there's not always a deputy online to start a challenge every 30 minutes (we prefer the shorter ones that are completable, rather than the longer ones that are practically impossible).

Pros? Cons? Thoughts?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Yes, we need to limit it to deputies.....You can make everyone a deputy in a tiny coop, but it is necessary to limit it.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Yes, we need to limit it to deputies.....You can make everyone a deputy in a tiny coop, but it is necessary to limit it.
    Any particular reason? 

It's not like someone can start one now and "hide". Accidents can now be handled on a case-by-case basis, since you know who to point the finger at.

Or how about doing it the way the old Village League was? Someone who's been a member for 30+ days can start them; that would prevent people from joining a Co-Op, starting a 14+ hour challenge, then leaving (if your concern is about troublemakers)..

Just spitballin here. :)
    Now that those members who start the challenges are known, we've had absolutely no trouble. Works out very well for us -- much better than having to appoint a bunch of deputies to keep the game going.
Sign In to comment.