Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

Comments

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    I don't know, they promised less CC's and that the VF would replace some of them, yet there will the first VF with a CC running at the same time?  Doesn't sound like GGS has kept their promise in that respect.  I mean really, the CC's are enough, and now a brand new VF to run at the same time  Doesn't yet sound like a game changer for me regarding being in a coop permanently.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    The next CC is scheduled for the 18th and if the VF starts on the 15th then they have already made room for it to replace a CC.
  • Jillaroo (US1)Jillaroo (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    The coops don't HAVE to do the CC's. They can elect to only do the VF's.
    edited 13.08.2018
    I would also like to add this statement to the above post.

With GG having control over when the village fair will start makes it much better for us in the long run if you think about it.

In the past we have gotten a village league challenge by other coops even during the CC. With the VF set as an event with start and end dates it will be scheduled just as the CC and we may choose if we want to do it or not.
    The coops don't HAVE to do the CC's. They can elect to only do the VF's.
    I would think it would be the other way around.  The coops want to defend their ranking and stay as close to where they are or higher than they are now.  If they choose to not play a CC it is automatic drop.  So, I can see the VF being a choose to do, or choose not to do event instead.  Either way, less CC's were promised by GGS, let's see if they keep it.
    The next CC is scheduled for the 18th and if the VF starts on the 15th then they have already made room for it to replace a CC.
    That is really weird, I swear I saw a CC on the calendar for Wednesday.
    I checked WascallyWabbit's calendar first, lol now the CC is set to start on the 23rd.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/181501/bigfarm-events-august-2018
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    I would also like to add this statement to the above post.

With GG having control over when the village fair will start makes it much better for us in the long run if you think about it.

In the past we have gotten a village league challenge by other coops even during the CC. With the VF set as an event with start and end dates it will be scheduled just as the CC and we may choose if we want to do it or not.
    Last para of ur msg I need to highlight a bit 
    They said the coop starts it not the gg if I am correct it's basically like vl or cc I just want to confirm that if it reduce cc it means cc is most likely but what's the change of vl? 
    I checked WascallyWabbit's calendar first, lol now the CC is set to start on the 23rd.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/181501/bigfarm-events-august-2018
    Okay, so I wasn't seeing things, lol?
    In the post (peek) on the Village fair...

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/180837/teaser-village-fair-lifting-the-lid-for-a-peek

It was stated that...

"There are a lot of great features, like all-new reward lines (including rewards for the most active co-op members) and individual hard work reward lines for every single challenge! So there’s even more chances to get some great stuff for yourself. The event will also be a time limited one - while the Village League was active constantly, this new Village Fair event will be planned in and is designed to replace some the CCs to give you a little more variety in the events you take part in."
    edited 13.08.2018
    Okay, thanks CBF.

So the question remains.  I wonder how many CC's will be on the calendar now @WascallyWabbit .   Hopefully far less than there is now.

I see now that the VF is set up for just your own coop to participate in, so good news for everyone, me thinks anyway.
    :p:p:p

It was said,

"There are some similarities and differences between the old and new event, but the core of the Village League still remains. Together with your fellow farmers you will be able to pick a challenge that you wish to complete and you will work together to complete that challenge. The main difference is that you will no longer directly challenge another co-op in a head-to-head battle, instead each challenge will be named after another co-op in your league and based on their strengths and weaknesses. There will be a score table for all the co-ops in your league (a slightly faster moving one this time around!) so you can see where you stack up."

Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    edited 13.08.2018
    Fat chance...CCs will never decrease....the only way to get GGS' attention is for every coop on all servers to stop playing CCs.  And that will never happen!
    Less CC's was GGS's promise when VF came into play, let's see if they hold to it.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    edited 14.08.2018
    Personally I am looking forward to the Village Fair, and hopefully far less CC's. It will be a game changer for me and will make being in a coop much more attractive.
    Fat chance!  The CCs will never decrease.  People in coops in all servers are far too competitive to stop playing CCs.  When players cease to play is when GGS will take notice and make changes.  
    GGS promised there would be less CC's, we are just waiting to find out if they hold to it.  :p
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 14.08.2018
    Maybe, but you can bet your bottom dollar it will be designed so that the gold throwers will want to spend money on it. LOL!
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
    edited 14.08.2018
    Right, but would it really matter that way though?  If it's a challenge to yourself to play the VF and you get goodies for it, would it really matter as much as a CC would?  I wonder about that. 

This is what I understand about the Villiage League.  The VL just like the CC pit coops against each other to see who could rise in the ranks, right?  But with the new Villiage Fair, I don't see that as the setup anymore.  Now you are challenging yourselves as a coop, and getting rewards as individual players.  And I also get that the coop gets to choose to do the VF or not, and to choose which one they want to do.  So, did I miss something?  Really trying to figure this thing out before the first one.  :p
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 14.08.2018

Thanks for that, I was getting confused here wondering what calendars you were all looking at lol That gap between the 15th-22nd has been there all along & there has always only been 2 CC on there for this month. We don't know if the VF will fill the whole gap, it probably has some space in case the update is delayed, but for now it is planned to start on Wednesday 15th.

Right, but would it really matter that way though?  If it's a challenge to yourself to play the VF and you get goodies for it, would it really matter as much as a CC would?  I wonder about that. 

This is what I understand about the Villiage League.  The VL just like the CC pit coops against each other to see who could rise in the ranks, right?  But with the new Villiage Fair, I don't see that as the setup anymore.  Now you are challenging yourselves as a coop, and getting rewards as individual players.  And I also get that the coop gets to choose to do the VF or not, and to choose which one they want to do.  So, did I miss something?  Really trying to figure this thing out before the first one.  :p

We will be posting more details before the update & I am not 100% sure, but I think there will be a video too. Your description sounds about right, the challenges will be fixed (no swapping of items anymore) & you can choose the ones you want to do based on the items, time limit & points for completing it, to me it sounds a bit like the way we choose which projects to do. As it said in the teaser, the items & amounts in the contracts will be based on the actual strengths of a particular coop, so for example, if your coop was very strong in apples & eggs, there would be a challenge called Suzy's Coop (whatever your coop name is) that asks for lots of apples & eggs & that challenge would be available for other coops to select to do. It is my understanding that there will be one named after each coop, spread between various leagues.
    Nice Wabbit, Thanks for your answers.  Suzy!
    Thank you for the answers Wabbit :)
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    I'm hoping this time that only the leader and deputies can start the Village Fair challenges
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    So let me see if I have this straight, they are doing away with the event people were saving up medals to get kites.... they took away the kites... now they are taking away our medals that we've been trying to save up for years to buy anything good.  But we have one more chance sometime to waste the medals we have on un-worthwhile stuff... have I got this right?
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    So let me see if I have this straight, they are doing away with the event people were saving up medals to get kites.... they took away the kites... now they are taking away our medals that we've been trying to save up for years to buy anything good.  But we have one more chance sometime to waste the medals we have on un-worthwhile stuff... have I got this right?
    You couldn't save up the medals, any medals that you did not spend in the reward shop were converted to village dollars every week.
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    edited 14.08.2018
    I thought the kites came from the WWC coin trader girl. And there were a couple of different kinds. One for medals one for reps and one just an animated deco, I think. But yeah, they got rid of the kites.

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

Sorry guys & gals but I really don't understand all this high hope in the Village Fair, it will be about collecting crazy amounts in a given time, just as the speed runs in weekly events. Speed runs are one of the most ridiculous addition to the game, the best they could think of for single players. Village fair will be its equivalent but in a "coop event" format

If you are looking forward to using gold, special seeds, seaweed feed humus etc to collect crazy amounts the Village fair is the event for you

It will be just like HWE and CC, where you need the extras to be able to compete. It wont be called CC all the time, yes ok less CC, but why does it matter how its called ? In the end is a continuous coop competition, one after the other, no interruption.

The real goal of these game additions is to add more competitive events and pack them together, and the result as we are already seeing will be that people will keep fleeing coops and that the total number of active players in each server keeps decreasing 

Thanks for that, I was getting confused here wondering what calendars you were all looking at lol That gap between the 15th-22nd has been there all along & there has always only been 2 CC on there for this month. We don't know if the VF will fill the whole gap, it probably has some space in case the update is delayed, but for now it is planned to start on Wednesday 15th.

@WascallyWabbit

where is the announcement telling us the date in which the update takes place please ?

Where is the description of how the event unfolds and all the technical data which are usually given in advance ?

• where is the announcement telling us the date in which the update takes place please ?

Where is the description of how the event unfolds and all the technical data which are usually given in advance ?
    Just posted:

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in!

the description of the event is vague to put it mildly

A video will be released AFTER THE UPDATE and AFTER  the event is launched.

Beside all this, GGS trend continues, people are expected to play events to win a deco, another deco .... then we get Greta to dispose of the deco of course 

• PCA (GB1) said:

A video will be released AFTER THE UPDATE and AFTER  the event is launched.

The video will be be before the event starts, it may even be before the update, we don`t have a time for the update yet.
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
     I have to say I like the concept. A large block of time to complete challenges of our choosing. Sounds good. 
    I'll wait for the video before I start with any questions. 
    Thanks for the info Wascally, you're the best.
Sign In to comment.