Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Cat tree question

Finally finished the Cat tree on my main farm a couple of weeks ago.  Have to feed cat twice a day, says you get 400 XP points for training.  I click on hide he jumps in the box and zilch.  What am I doing wrong?  Or, does he just demand food twice and day and there is nothing else?

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    You get the 400XP once a day from clicking "Hide", that's it. That's all he does so far, except for walking around the farm.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    For awhile there a cat walked around the farm anyway.  Even though you didn't really "adopt" one yet.  Guess GG figured it was giving us something for free and "fixed" it.  

I really wish I never built the things.  Oh well.  Some day I'll get a cat.   About a million hearts away yet.
  • I've never gotten the XP points.  I click hide, cat  jumps in the box and that's it, no XP points
    But thanks for the response
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Once a day, the XP icon should show up on the "Hide" button, right after midnight CEST (On US1, that's 5PM Server Time/Central Standard Time).  When you click it, you SHOULD get 400XP.

When I click the button, I definitely get the 400XP - I just tested it and watched the XP get added to my total at the top (it was actually a bit more, since I have Matilda built up a bit).. And the XP indicator went away from the "Hide" icon:

The Cat Tree has always been a bit buggy though. If it's not giving you the XP (especially right after 5PM Server Time), you'll probably need to open a ticket to let them know about it.
  • Have never had an XP icon on my button and still don't
    Therefore, cat pretty worthless
  • As for opening a ticket  I have tickets that are 3 years old that have never been responded to
  • They have a new system, in another post,by Wascally Wabbit IIRC,  any old tickets esp. 3 yrs. will need resubmitted.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 30.06.2018
    Have never had an XP icon on my button and still don't
    @DxrxbillingGame (US1) The cat does the same as a level 1 dog, eats, runs around your farm,  gives happiness when fed (including VH for the cat) & does a trick, for which it gives XP the 1st time each day. Your cat should reset daily at the same time as your dog.
  • Have never had an XP icon on my button and still don't
    @DxrxbillingGame (US1) The cat does the same as a level 1 dog, eats, runs around your farm,  gives happiness when fed (including VH for the cat) & does a trick, for which it gives XP the 1st time each day. Your cat should reset daily at the same time as your dog.

is there any estimate on when the cat tree will be improved?  i only need ~2000 more cat charms to get the cat and plan on immediately destroying it unless there are some major improvements to it very soon. I could have had an 80+ happiness deco in that space that would have saved me a lot (millions?) in reduced production costs over the last 8 months.  Unless i'm missing something, I can't see any reason to keep a 35 happiness cat tree that needs maintenance twice a day and gives very minimal xp.  thank you.
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    the reason to have a cat is: a cat LETS you to have it :D
    worship the kitten, that's all, and maybe it will let you to rub her belly... or maybe such treat will cost you a hand... who knows? cats are mysterious creatures :kissing_heart:

• only reason that i get a cat to get ride of rats theres no rats so need no cats dont want them to steal my eggs
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 24.07.2018
    AngelinaCC (US1) said:
    is there any estimate on when the cat tree will be improved?  i only need ~2000 more cat charms to get the cat and plan on immediately destroying it unless there are some major improvements to it very soon.I could have had an 80+ happiness deco in that space that would have saved me a lot (millions?) in reduced production costs over the last 8 months.  Unless i'm missing something, I can't see any reason to keep a 35 happiness cat tree that needs maintenance twice a day and gives very minimal xp.  thank you.
    @AngelinaCC (US1) True, but would your deco run around your farm looking cute?  ;)

I asked & they don`t have an exact eta on when there will be new levels, but it is unlikely to be this year.
  • AngelinaCC (US1) said:
    is there any estimate on when the cat tree will be improved?  i only need ~2000 more cat charms to get the cat and plan on immediately destroying it unless there are some major improvements to it very soon.I could have had an 80+ happiness deco in that space that would have saved me a lot (millions?) in reduced production costs over the last 8 months.  Unless i'm missing something, I can't see any reason to keep a 35 happiness cat tree that needs maintenance twice a day and gives very minimal xp.  thank you.
    @AngelinaCC (US1) True, but would your deco run around your farm looking cute?  ;)

I asked & they don`t have an exact eta on when there will be new levels, but it is unlikely to be this year.
    Thanks WascallyWabbit.  I appreciate the fast response.
    I do love cats and yes, it's cute, but it's also expensive and doesn't even play with me.  :)  I am going to destroy my cat tree today and hopefully the cat will find it's way to someone else's farm.  Maybe i'll regret it in a couple years when changes have been made to it and it's really cute and worthwhile, but right now it makes me a little angry every time i see it so i'll be glad to have it gone.
  • AngelinaCC (US1) said:
    Thanks WascallyWabbit.  I appreciate the fast response.
    I do love cats and yes, it's cute, but it's also expensive and doesn't even play with me.  :)  I am going to destroy my cat tree today and hopefully the cat will find it's way to someone else's farm.  Maybe i'll regret it in a couple years when changes have been made to it and it's really cute and worthwhile, but right now it makes me a little angry every time i see it so i'll be glad to have it gone.
    @AngelinaCC (US1) Fair enough, you know what works best for your farm :) You mentioned production costs earlier, if you are struggling with them, one of the best ways to reduce them is to use premium (or super) products instead of regular ones, as there are no production costs with them. You can makes premium feed & fertilizer in your lab & you will really notice the difference as you start to get all your stables & orchards on to premium products, they also give XP. 
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    @AngelinaCC (US1) don't forget you can improve the decorations on your farm with parts, and/or farm cash
  • AngelinaCC (US1)AngelinaCC (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 29.07.2018
    Thank you WascallyWabbit and holidayrox for your suggestions.  Actually, i don't have any issues with production costs.  My farm has a high happiness and makes good money. I use premium feed and fertilizer almost exclusively and have used the Landscape Architect to improve the decos on my farm. i just don't like to waste space for something that gives nothing in return nor has the potential in the near future to offer any benefit to my farm.  In my opinion, the cat tree is a waste of space and i have destroyed it.
  • SJM50 (US1)SJM50 (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    I bought three cat trees when they came out for my three main farms.  Recently one of them activated so I went to check the other two.  The one on my bakery farm is gone.  Is there any way to retrieve it or buy another one?
    Please let me know as soon as possible.  Thank you.  SJM50
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 24.11.2018
    I bought three cat trees when they came out for my three main farms.  Recently one of them activated so I went to check the other two.  The one on my bakery farm is gone.  Is there any way to retrieve it or buy another one?
    Please let me know as soon as possible.  Thank you.  SJM50

You can buy another one, they're under the last tab in your build menu. May want to hold off though. Your other one was removed when GGS was trying to fix an error with them they might still not have fixed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file