Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 14th - Do you feel the Football Fever? - Discussion

Hi Guys,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here....

EDIT; Date changed from 13th to 14th  | Wabbit
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    What? I don't understand this update barely at all!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    ?? A gambling site ??  :#  I thought we were farmers and fishermen/women!  :/
     Now we are to bet on soccer teams ? - with odds even. Are there bookie's, like Slim  or Guido ? Are they to show up in our parking lots so we can place bets on which ever soccer team we choose??

I'm sure this new event will be just what us farmers wanted LOL  :D
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 12.06.2018
    This is a nice addition. Surprise events like these keep the fun alive in the game. 

Looking forward to it .

Also, I want GERMANY to win in FIFA 2018. Klose still playing ? or retired ?

Germany should have won in 2002 and 2010 too .... 2006 was Zidane's world cup .. sad France lost :(

When i think of it now , 2002 was 16 yrs ago ... OMG .... time passes so fast ..... I still remember that Brazil vs Germany Finals. I was 12 yrs old.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Now we have another side job. Previously become fisherman, now we become a soccer player?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Actually, it looks like we become gamblers. LOL!
  • groundskeepers

• How about spending that energy and time on fixing the 2X boosters or the side crop issue instead of creating another event that will have bugs that need fixing ??
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Do we bet on real football matches or virtual 1s. if GGS tries selling us pellets to bet on, is that allowed . In UK you have to be 18 I think to gamble  :open_mouth:
  • What? I don't understand this update barely at all!
    @Rusty Farmer (AU1)  CM_Hunter is busy making a tutorial video for the event, which he says should be ready tomorrow. :)
     Now we are to bet on soccer teams ? - with odds even. Are there bookie's, like Slim  or Guido ? Are they to show up in our parking lots so we can place bets on which ever soccer team we choose??

@Data King (US1) Sorry no Slim or Guido, but CM did say something about a Sammy Sixfingers & broken legs... I think he was joking. 
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Since I know nothing about soccer/football, I think I'll just wait until the finals, then bet half of my pellets on each team.  That way I know I'll win something regardless and won't have to worry about anything.
  • Seriously???  A new low in the never ending effort to create new revenue streams. As Rebel Walt commented earlier, why not fix what's still broken before engaging in a new venture that has absolutely nothing to do with farming. I don't want to be a negative guy but a two week sporting event?? it's just not for me but good luck to those that choose to partake in it. FIFA will love it...lol
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Is there nothing else?  No bug fixes sprinkled in?

The summer weekend stuff did not start this last weekend as announced.  The HW was late, even thought the announcement, said that it was supposed to be one time only with the Fish HW.

This is how games die.  Very little development.......equals......losing players over time.

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 12.06.2018
    Big Farm Scramble, the new name for BF. 

WE SCRAMBLE YOUR BRAINS WITH ALL THE WEIRD NON FARM RELATED STUFF WE ADD HERE! 

I am not yelling, I am just making a point.  I won't be joining this weird thing ever.  :(  

Meaning, why can't you fix what is broken GGS?
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

And here I thought we were humans first but the recent activity in the game made all of the players a computer now I don't know what to say or not I don't get a point 
    They just say making pallets is not an easy task so u must use gold 

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Surprise ! - I love it, and I love soccer and can't wait to see loads of fantastic matches :)

How it will be integrated here, I'm also excited  to see :-D
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I'm sure there will be a few sports nuts who love this.  I'm NOT one of them.  Watching grown men play with their assorted balls and being paid insane amounts of money to do it really does nothing for me at all.  I enjoyed PLAYING ball.... not so much watching it.
    Though I will occasionally watch a football game with my husband.... (Da Bears.)  and that brings up another point.  AMERICAN FOOTBALL???? Or rugby? Soccer? NOT football.  Not at all the same.  Heck, no tight ends, no illegal penetration, no encroachment, no pulling of groins.... (lol... gotta wonder who came up with all those terms huh?)

Listen, THIS is usually what I do when hubby is glued to the TV watching football (or nascar, another useless waste of fuel and time.) 

Besides, anyone who has been playing this long enough knows that EVERY SINGLE TIME GG rolls out something new,
    A.  It WILL be buggy.  It WILL break.  It WILL have math errors that would make any first grade teacher cringe.

B.  It WILL be so complicated that no one understands what to do.
    I already caught the note about coming up with a "tutorial video."   SHEES that's your first clue.

Guys, if it NEEDS a tutorial video,   IT IS TOO COMPLICATED FOR THIS GAME!

And what about all the assorted bugs huh?   I'm sure we would ALL be willing to wait in order for you to fix them.
    What about things we have been waiting for FOR YEARS?    Gold lock for one.  YEARS.  
    Please.  It isn't going to happen at all is it?  Cause your whole team is busy coming up with more ways for people to spend money.  

I can pretty much promise, at least the first time out, I won't be investing much.  Of course something new... I'll look it over, see how it works, see what it's worth TO ME to play it, and more than likely?  The next time it rolls around, it will top my ignore list.
    For sure I don't want sports themed cow sheds or anything like that.
    But... I'm sure some will.    Go for it.
  • Is there nothing else?  No bug fixes sprinkled in?

The summer weekend stuff did not start this last weekend as announced.  The HW was late, even thought the announcement, said that it was supposed to be one time only with the Fish HW.

This is how games die.  Very little development.......equals......losing players over time.

@gavinfarms (US1) We sometimes hear about bugfixes when the update is done & ready to go, so we will let you know if they tell us about any. As for the Summer Weekend, it did actually happen, but you can be forgiven for missing it, we did! - We found out yesterday what time things had happened & were not very impressed, the trainer apparently showed up for 1 hour at 8:15am CEST on Sunday & the rest were just as bad :/ CM_Hunter is on the case, to get them improved.

I am not following what you mean about the events, we have not posted any start times, so how can you tell if it is late? We do not even know if they have a regular time anymore, because we have had requests from other timezones to have some variation in the start times, so that they are not always at a bad time for them & we passed that on, so its very possible that the times will vary. We will try asking, but they probably  won`t tell us.
  • Personally speaking not knowing a time something is going to start is much worse then it starting at a weird time and knowing that it will start at that time.  I give  up on events that start when I am not here, you are too late by the time you find out that it started.  When you are already player 2340 there is no catching up at all.  

I could care less about football or soccer or any game, and don't intend to learn anything about them, life is not about watching others live it is about living yourself.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I feel GGS is reaching too far.  This is a farming game, not a sports arena.  

GGS, please think farming when developing new events.  If i want sports I would go play a sports game, I chose farming.  
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    LMAO cmon all the other events have bugs in them 

is this one going to be any different ? :D 
  • Ok, I'm getting confused by all the stuff that has been thrown around the last several months.

Not the right person to fix stuff.
    Development team is suppose to fix their own busted stuff.
    Priority of getting HTML5 version going.
    Shrinking team so response time is slower.

The list goes on. If that is all correct, a lot of the stuff I read is for getting issues fixed and not new one time content. How about a model where the team makes something and fixes the stuff that becomes apparent that they broke before making more new stuff that breaks more things. The bug list should shrink each time there is an update, not grow.

Can't wait to see what is broken that shows up obvious on real servers that their QA team couldn't find on their half baked test environment.
    It's all about the money.  Fixing broken stuff will not make them cash .... putting out new content will, bugs or not. There are sitting there working on a new event while the edge crop problem has persisted for over a month and co-op's adventurer boats are sinking. 

I have fertile fields, spacious barns, water towers, and workshops that need upgrading, however, I refuse to buy gold until they start putting the customers first. 
    I don't know, could be amusing. Those who haven't learned from the past will jump in with both feet, throwing tons of gold, resources, and hours into it before the bugs start going off like grenades. Then they will come here weeping and wailing and demanding compensation. The rest of us can pull up our lawn chairs and enjoy the show. I'll bring snacks. B.Y.O.B. :)
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    What happened to that volcano island that is supposed to be released. Now you have something else in the mix that was not mentioned in the film? Is this another gimmick to gain gold? I would rather see things we can work on and build rather than than sports. Sorry, not everyone is into sports. 
    What happened to that volcano island that is supposed to be released. Now you have something else in the mix that was not mentioned in the film? Is this another gimmick to gain gold? I would rather see things we can work on and build rather than than sports. Sorry, not everyone is into sports. 
    They mentioned lots of other things in the video, too: Not rolling out events with bugs, fixing broken things, better communication with players, a gold lock ....
    I feel GGS is reaching too far.  This is a farming game, not a sports arena.  

GGS, please think farming when developing new events.  If i want sports I would go play a sports game, I chose farming.  
    They basically developed a game for things we don't want what we want they don't want to develop let's say just how much time is required to make a gold lock 
    It's all about the money.  Fixing broken stuff will not make them cash .... putting out new content will, bugs or not. There are sitting there working on a new event while the edge crop problem has persisted for over a month and co-op's adventurer boats are sinking. 

I have fertile fields, spacious barns, water towers, and workshops that need upgrading, however, I refuse to buy gold until they start putting the customers first. 
    Then I can write a stomp paper to u u will  never ever buy gold again because the condition u put it on ueself enjoy.
    Nailed it 
    U hit in the head 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Is there nothing else?  No bug fixes sprinkled in?

@gavinfarms (US1) We sometimes hear about bugfixes when the update is done & ready to go, so we will let you know if they tell us about any. As for the Summer Weekend, it did actually happen, but you can be forgiven for missing it, we did! - We found out yesterday what time things had happened & were not very impressed, the trainer apparently showed up for 1 hour at 8:15am CEST on Sunday & the rest were just as bad :/ CM_Hunter is on the case, to get them improved.

I am not following what you mean about the events, we have not posted any start times, so how can you tell if it is late? We do not even know if they have a regular time anymore, because we have had requests from other timezones to have some variation in the start times, so that they are not always at a bad time for them & we passed that on, so its very possible that the times will vary. We will try asking, but they probably  won`t tell us.

First.......
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3896411/#Comment_3896411

The late start time is what made it shorter.   (And please don't pretend as if the vast majority of HWs, don't normally start at the same time.  It is reasonable that an expectation develops.)

Second.............

You and I  have discussed this several times in the past, and you have agreed that the HW's are not fair events when the start time is not announced.  If New York City announces that the New York City Marathon will happen, but they do not tell anybody when or what the length is......no one would think that that is fair.  And yet, every time that I mention this, you act like that you are hearing it for the first time......which I find truly odd.

The rewards take time to get.  It is additionally unfair to change the length.  If the start time changes, then the end time should change to make it still 96 hours.

And the start time must always be announced.  If it is not announced, then I will always  take that to mean that you all want an unfair event and that you are making it unfair on purpose.  This requires no coding.  We are not asking for anything hard.  I have to assign a deputy to do boosters, etc.  Not knowing when it will start is insane.  And for you to act like this is "news" is doubly insane.  I do not mean to sound mad, but you and I have discussed this very issue repeatedly over the years and you have agreed multiple times that you consider the lack of a start time to be unfair.  You have said that you understand this.  And now you seem surprised by my comment.

So, if the answer is that GGS disagrees with us and wants an unfair event, that is fine.....just tell us that.

I do not care about time zones.   Let me be clear about one thing:  I am not looking for an unfair advantage for my time zone.  If you want to start it in the middle of the night for America, that is fine, just announce the start time and adjust the end time, so that the length is always the same.  If you announce the start time is 4 a.m. in America, I will work around that.  As you and I have discussed so many times before, I simply want the start time announced, and the length to be the same every time.  This is the only way that it can be fair.  And you know this, because we have discussed it so many times.   The New York City marathon often changes the routes, but they announce the start time every year, and they length is always the same, and everyone regards it as a fair event.

Then I can write a stomp paper to u u will  never ever buy gold again because the condition u put it on ueself enjoy.
    I am afraid this is true.  I guess I can find something else fun to do with my money, maybe even take a nice vacation since GGS seems to have fallen off the deep end and no hopes of recovery in sight.  Do they have a greedaholics anonymous?  Or some kind of therapy GGS can seek to overcome this need to become billionaires over night?
This discussion has been closed.