Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML5 Feedback - SKN1, LT1, HU1, AU1, IN1, INT1, EN1, NL1

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    From my experience with the HTML5  on the AU server, I know I won't be using it on the US server.  The HTML5 was incredibly slow and game play was like trying to run through knee-deep molasses.  Until GGS corrects the slowness issue, I won't be playing on it.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 23.05.2018
    Testing in latest Chrome version, Linux Ubuntu OS, this time in my GB1 account (yay!)

Overall: I can really notice that the things take longer to load (in my case just slightly, luckily). I could not notice any lag on AU1. Probably due to the different amount of things in the farm and so on. On AU I just started the account so I had almost no buildings. Here in GB I have pretty big farms full of buildings.

I really see things slightly blurred/out of focus...

Gourmet farm:
    Ready/producing graphics of the normal peach orchard level 7 at least are swapped: it looks ready when is producing and vice-versa. Same issue for almonds level 2. Almonds level 7 look ok.

Flower farm:
    Ready/producing graphics of the normal olive grove level 7 at least are swapped: it looks ready when is producing and vice-versa.

Horse:
    - When using the slider for setting the horseshoes to train a horse, the numbers are not divisible at all by 20 (they seem to be any number really).

Candy farm:
    - In candy farm the graphics for the almond and cherry orchards (at least level 1) are wrong as they look like they are ready to harvest but they are not (swapped as in other farms). I went back to flash and back to html5 and the graphics were still wrong even though in flash they looked ok.

- Minor detail (not really and issue; I just could notice the difference between html5 and flash here): dialog for producing in the mills and candy factory have quite a lot of blank space below. Same happens in other dialogues like flower farm distillery, gourmet farm bakery
  • Luvim (GB1)Luvim (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6
    edited 24.05.2018
    Windows 10 x64 (with April update)
    Edge - very slow to load and jumpy to use to the point of being unplayable
    Firefox (60.0.1) - a little slower than Flash to load farms but reasonably smooth when 'farming'. Have not had any of the big issues mentioned in the earlier posts (missing buildings etc.)
    have not tried Chrome yet

Overall (with FF) a good effort but still quite a few wrinkles to iron out ;-)

Update:
    The shift button worked when I sent out boats earlier... but not just now (I have logged out and back in inbetween)
    Post edited by Luvim (GB1) on
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 24.05.2018
    Windows 10 (x64)
    Firefox (59.0.3)

Generally slower to load than Flash, I do not usually experience lag, but this was a killer, especially with things involving lots of clicking, such as horse challenges, loading boats etc ...... I actually gave up with the boats because the ability to load using click instead of drag did not work & dragging was a total drag, so I went back to Flash to do it.

I can't believe I am reporting strange lights in the sky (thankfully no probing was involved)  :o - Even after relog they are still there (main farm only)

Text in general is slightly blurred and hard to read, but I am sure that here in the horse league, the text is definitely smaller & less sharp, to the point where some names (like #7) are virtually unreadable to me - The alignment has also been changed from center to left in both columns... Me no likey :p

EDIT: Just found a couple more ....

1. When you pick up or place a building, you cannot rotate it using the left/right arrows on keyboard.

2. The zoom in & out is pretty cool, but the UI does not stay with the farm screen (those aliens are still hovering over my main farm - should I be worried? lol )

Post edited by RunsWivScissors (GB1) on
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 26.05.2018
    Windows 10 1703 build 16299.309
    Chrome 66.0.3359.181 (64 bits)

My first (short impression) was that the text is barely legible in the chat and the sidebar on the right.

< flash    < HTML5
    Post edited by Kimmiecat (NL1) on
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 24.05.2018
    Hi Everyone,

There are/were some issues on HTML5 with the new email button & also the CHWE rankings - A hotfix is being run now (no downtime needed) so if you reload your game (CTRL+F5) after its finished, that should resolve those issues for you. :)
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    edited 24.05.2018

Message removed for being off-topic.

Please keep in mind that this thread has a very specific function as stated in the original post:
    In this thread you can leave feedback about the current HTML5 beta and forward bug reports to our development team. 
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    Having problems with the print on HTML5 - have gone back to flash as can not do fishing on it due to print problems. Will give some time to sort this before I  try it again.
    Also pop up boxes for Shop and Distillery are oversized for information on them, is this for future plan or need correcting.
    Same as rest plays slower - using chrome today.

• MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    I also have issues with graphics, some orchards appear ready when still part way through production:

Also some fields appear to have unusual graphics when ready for harvest:

The co-op list also goes down below the frame of the window, only showing the dots in this picture:

I am using Chrome, version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Linux Ubuntu 16.04
  • Sharkie (GB1)Sharkie (GB1) GB1 Posts: 57
    The HTML5 version is having me see double on my fishing pools. I am using Firefox and windows 7.
  • Sharkie (GB1)Sharkie (GB1) GB1 Posts: 57
    Seeing double with fishing ponds, newest version on Firefox, Win 7
  • Testing html5 on gb1 server.  not sure what is happening but i get a green screen with all buildings blanked out.  this has happened several times. i log out and back in again so that everything shows as normal.  however field workers do not seem embedded onto farm tracks as they go through buildings, walk on roofs etc.  i made a screenshot of green screen should i send it to support?
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    edited 27.05.2018
    @Shadowdancer (GB1)

No, feedback on the testing of HTML5 should not be sent to Support. 

This thread is for all types of feedback about problems and issues related specifically to testing HTML5. You are welcome to post screen shots and problem reports here. 
    Thank you helping to test :)
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
    edited 25.05.2018
    More issues (latest Firefox, Linux Ubuntu OS):

Farm machines in garage are in different order (was this on purpose?). In the new account in AU they are in the same order than in flash, but in this account in html5 they are in a complete different order (unfortunately, I didn't realize and I messed up the set ups when I activated them...). I believe this is probably not intended as you have to build them in a particular order (if I remember correctly).

Horse competition: after each competition, instead of staying in the tab of the category you just competed in (as in flash), it goes back to highlight the first tab (show jumping).

General: some times some buildings are missing the zz symbol. Not in a consistent manner though.

Post edited by mia111 (GB1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Trying to run it for AU1, it simply will not load.
    edited 26.05.2018
    More issues (latest Firefox, Linux Ubuntu OS):

Farm machines in garage are in different order (was this on purpose?). In the new account in AU they are in the same order than in flash, but in this account in html5 they are in a complete different order (unfortunately, I didn't realize and I messed up the set ups when I activated them...). I believe this is probably not intended as you have to build them in a particular order (if I remember correctly).

Horse competition: after each competition, instead of staying in the tab of the category you just competed in (as in flash), it goes back to highlight the first tab (show jumping).

General: some times some buildings are missing the zz symbol. Not in a consistent manner though.

I noticed this too Mia, also when there is fuel for competitions with the horses, there is no exclamation mark to let you know. When you click on the results, to check current score on the "notice board" it automatically opens the first tab "season overview." If you open the second tab "tournament news" and then return to the first tab, all the levels appear as complete, with presents lit up, like this:
    Sorry, forgot to say, latest Chrome, Ubuntu Linux
  • here's the screenshot  :/
  • Banner came up on my game today - tried to click on HTM5 version - just get blue screen with circle going round in the middle. 
    Nothing happening here!!!
  • The white border around the text, showing amounts harvested, is not visible on HTML5, making it impossible to see the numbers. Everything is blurry too, which doesn`t help.

• I seem to have lost all of my resources (food, plants, boatsupplies,etc) overnight. They are however still present in the flash version
    edited 27.05.2018
    html has now logged me out and won't let me back in :(

I can get into flash version without a hitch though. Is it just me?

Edit: html has just let me back in after several hours. I haven't done anything different, not sure what happened.
    Post edited by MinionBob (GB1) on
  • Banner came up on my game today - tried to click on HTM5 version - just get blue screen with circle going round in the middle. 
    @SandraStrib (GB1)  Try reloading the game using CTRL+F5, sometimes that's all it takes to get rid of that blue screen.

bla (NL1) said:
    I seem to have lost all of my resources (food, plants, boatsupplies,etc) overnight. They are however still present in the flash version
    @bla (NL1) Thankyou for the report, do you have any screenshots?
  • janajana (GB1)janajana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 34
    Banner came up on my game today - tried to click on HTM5 version - just get blue screen with circle going round in the middle. 

WascallyWabbit  said:
    @SandraStrib (GB1)  Try reloading the game using CTRL+F5, sometimes that's all it takes to get rid of that blue screen.

nope, doesn't work for me
    win7 and win8, both latest chrome

edited 27.05.2018
    html has now logged me out and won't let me back in :(

I can get into flash version without a hitch though. Is it just me?
    It happens to me too. The first time in latest Chrome (Ubuntu) it loads just fine. If for some reason I go to flash and try to go back to html5 or I accidentally log out/go or click back in the browser or the game just crashes, the following attempts to load fail. It seems I have to wait forever to log again in html5, however if I switch to flash I get logged in right away. Going to flash and switching back to html5 will not fix it: it just keep loading (or blue screen or multiple rounds over the green progress bar). Only once worked after I tried reloading 5 times. Never again. I do not have such issues with latest Firefox.

Please, since Chrome is the suggested browser by GGS, address this loading issue. Sometimes, I just give up trying to test html5 in Chrome because of this annoying loading issue...
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Almost 6 hours since the update, and NOTHING from the mods..... I am still curious on how on earth I am going to full up my ship 

But on the positive hand - it seems that i candy farm works again.
    its 360 almonds .....
  • The HTML5 version is having me see double on my fishing pools. I am using Firefox and windows 7.
    @Sharkie (GB1) OK I give up, what am I meant to be seeing there? I don`t see anything "doubled", I don`t see anything wrong at all lol - Can you give us a clue? :)
  • I tried playing in HTML5 (thanks for info "CTRL + F5") all look good only in the letters / posts and the icons become smaller than in Flash. I have minus eyes so it all looks blur , (if the zoom does look very clear). and therefore made my eyes become dizzy.

maybe if fixed, as in flash will be great for HTML5   ;)
  • screen display in Flash  ;)

screen display in HTML5  :(

• Vivienne (AU1)Vivienne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 24
    I cant open the games in HTML5. Even in flash (Chrome browser) my castle tower in candy farm is gone too.

• Mad Bunny (IN1)Mad Bunny (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,585

* Issue - Game is stuck on loading screen (/html5/ directory)
    * Browser you are currently playing with - Google Chrome (For Linux)
    * Actual version of your browser - Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Steps To Reproduce:
    1) Just try to load bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/html5/ from the version mentioned above, the game is not accessible, it's completely stuck on the loading screen!

This discussion has been closed.