Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Feedback - New WWC Calendar

Hi  Guys,

Please let us know any difficulties you have using the new WWC Calendar , so that we can make improvements  :)

Thankyou
Your BF Team

Comments

• Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    two things i noticed right away -  need to color code the different events  and add the WWC.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    edited 01.05.2018
    @Lylu (INT1)

Unfortunately,  shared calendars appear to revert to a single color when opened.
    However, you can right click on each event to change the color for yourself if it's easier for you to read it that way.
  • john207 (US1)john207 (US1) US1 Posts: 16
    do any of your programmers work for the us government? good god all we need is a calendar that shows accurate start and end dates for events, don't try and redesign the calendar just give us accurate start and stop times, remember kiss?
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    @john207 (US1) you're absolutely right.  The google calendar is a mess of blue lines and the other one won't be updated.  What good is either of them?
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 01.05.2018
    RowdyRac said:
    @Lylu (INT1)

Unfortunately,  shared calendars appear to revert to a single color when opened.
    However, you can right click on each event to change the color for yourself if it's easier for you to read it that way.
    nope - you have to copy each event into your own calendar in order to change the colors. this creates a duplicate of the event thus you need to hide the BF calendar to get rid of the mess.  The duplicates aren't linked to the BF event, so changes/updates won't flow through, and since the original BF calendar has to be hidden, any additions wont be seen.  

Please report to the team  -->  Google calendar idea = Fail, try again please.

maybe check this for an example -- https://teamup.com/ks54bc4943072584c0

• nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    Thank you, thank you and thanks again for the calendar GGS, I for one think its awesome  :)
    I can't change the colours of the events, but that isn't an issue. All I need to see is when an event starts and ends.

• I like the calendar, it appears to be working fine for me at the moment, thanks for sharing this.  :)
  • I don't have and won't create an extra account to view a calendar. That is a huge issue.
  • Jillaroo (US1)Jillaroo (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    No need to create a google account or try to change colors. Crazy Big Farm has already done this:

https://teamup.com/ks54bc4943072584c0
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    No need to create a google account or try to change colors. Crazy Big Farm has already done this:

https://teamup.com/ks54bc4943072584c0
    I did not create that wonderful calendar. @Southern (US1) gets all the credit for creating it and keeping it updated. I just host a link to it for all to use.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Just a simple calendar at the top of our page, linked to correct start/stop times is all that was needed. Simple is best, sometimes.
    Adding: Could the old calendar icon be removed if it's not being used? It would help reduce the clutter on our farms.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Hi  Guys,

Please let us know any difficulties you have using the new WWC Calendar , so that we can make improvements  :)

Thankyou
    Your BF Team

lots of clutter, a page per day ?  plus you have to log into a google account just to see whats next during WWC

you could add the info in the event section of forum and keep it more up-to-date and not as variable as it has been lately and it would be easier to read for everyone 

I definitely don't like the change, time consuming and not user friendly for all those who don't have a google account (not to mention those who have no idea how to open one lol)

edited 01.05.2018
    PCA (GB1) said:
    Hi  Guys,

Thankyou
    Your BF Team

lots of clutter, a page per day ?  plus you have to log into a google account just to see whats next during WWC

you could add the info in the event section of forum and keep it more up-to-date and not as variable as it has been lately and it would be easier to read for everyone 

I definitely don't like the change, time consuming and not user friendly for all those who don't have a google account (not to mention those who have no idea how to open one lol)

Good point. I got rid of my Google account -- too invasive and Big Brothery. We shouldn't have to join something else just to play the game.

Calendars are simple, simple, simple. Link it to the events scheduler at GGS -- as times change for whatever reasons, the calendar would be instantly updated. 
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 01.05.2018
    You're kidding right?  It's bad enough that GG provides no in-game information for the basics and players need to visit the forum for help just to play the game....They really can't provide a basic in-game calendar of events? GG  expects players to go to the forum to find out they need to open a google account to see a calendar to play the event?!  Unbelievable. Oh never mind, it is totally believable from GG.

Thanks  @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) and  @Southern (US1) for a nice calendar
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    What was wrong with the written list that Wascally Wabbit or Cuddly Foxes posted on the Events part of the forum?  That worked if you couldn't manage the in game one.  Seriously.  
    What was wrong with the written list that Wascally Wabbit or Cuddly Foxes posted on the Events part of the forum?  That worked if you couldn't manage the in game one.  Seriously.  
    Agreed.

• Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266

It would be very good if we could be informed the  accurate date and time in hours that the temporary farm ends, please.

Not on any calendar, preferably inside the game, but if necessary, here on the forums. There has been questions asked some weeks ago if the amount of days on the world map is correct?

If the event ends some days before that advertised date we will all lose what we could have demolished to take the farm down. We have not been given an answer. In the past the trader stays longer than when the farm closes so we cannot be guided by that.

How about worrying about basic essentials first?

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    I will never accept a solution with use of a Googlecalendar from:
    a hundreds of million dollar - revenue - company!'

Have you completely lost all common sense, and think you can keep on running your game like this?

Listen:
    Re-hire a numberguy - he/she is urgently needed since 6-7 months now.
    And re-hire some of the 1600 people your company recently let go, you obv. cut back too hard and left a totally incompetent team to sort out, all kind of bugs...I bet the coding lacks documentation and that's why, you can't do anything, but chasing your own tail - one step forward, two back. Seems like everytime you solve one bug, 3 or 4 others pops up.... >:)

No, no & no, NO Google calendar- another bad 'hot-fix' idea...please, don't make this more pathetic, than it already is..

Google calendar...tsk tsk...- what is this place? ;)

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    You're kidding right?  It's bad enough that GG provides no in-game information for the basics and players need to visit the forum for help just to play the game....They really can't provide a basic in-game calendar of events?  GG  expects players to go to the forum to find out they need to open a google account to see a calendar to play the event?!  Unbelievable. Oh never mind, it is totally believable from GG.

Thanks  @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) and  @Southern (US1) for a nice calendar
    Really!  I need to visit a calendar outside of Big Farm because they couldnt get the in-game calendar to work correctly?!?!?!? 

One word:  Incompetence
  • tkayd (US1)tkayd (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    I hate it!  I don't want to go out of the game to find the list and the calendar is awful!!!!!!!
  • DrHardware (US1)DrHardware (US1) Posts: 16
    edited 01.05.2018
    i'll vote with all of the above comments.  WTF GGS?

on a side note, the calendar that Crazy/Southern created doesn't match the GGS calendar...... not sure which to believe - GGS makes the dates, but they screw everything up so maybe the user created one is more reliable......or most likely neither.
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    How funny is this calendar ... they copied Southern's calendar!!
  • Hey guys!

If you don't have a Google account or don't want one you can use the image below to see when the events will be starting.

The image had fallen out of the post but I bought some new glue that's suppose to be super sticky & put it back on there. Please ignore any fur stuck to the wall, things got a lil messy. o:)

• you might also note that apparently we're starting a CAPING Event next week..... (I think it might be a CAMPING Event)
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    you might also note that apparently we're starting a CAPING Event next week..... (I think it might be a CAMPING Event)
    Or maybe we should have a Capping event - invite the Red Queen and go for it!! :Do:)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    i'll vote with all of the above comments.  WTF GGS?

on a side note, the calendar that Crazy/Southern created doesn't match the GGS calendar...... not sure which to believe - GGS makes the dates, but they screw everything up so maybe the user created one is more reliable......or most likely neither.
    I hadn't updated it to the include the WWC events yet, because I didn't have the ingame calendar to work with - Everything should match now though. (If not, please let me know if there's a discrepancy!) :)

How funny is this calendar ... they copied Southern's calendar!!
    Now if they'd keep it updated every month, I could retire! :)
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
     CuddlyFoxes

Due to previous issues with the WWC calendar we will have a calendar outside of the game for this edition of the WWC. Once the event starts tomorrow you will have a link in game to the calendar.  

I am looking for the link in my game, but I do'nt see him. Is that right?
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    In order to make things easier, we go through a google account.
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 02.05.2018
    Talk about making it up as you go along.

1st we start off with the old calender (no mention of it been replaced). Then the old 1 is pulled an we get a obviously untested replacement.

To quote "For those of you who are familiar with it you will also know that it was often incorrect to start with"

The reason it would have been incorrect is that it would have been given incorrect information. How is using a different calendar going to fix that?

How hard can it be? Airlines publish flight calenders 12 or more months in advance yet trying to work out what is going on here next week causes "The Team" to break out in a cold sweat.

Mark

Sign In to comment.