Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

" Bigfarm of Gold "

I know you have heard all this over and over but, You are turning this game into "BuyGold" game. I started playing this game Janurary of 2013. So I am a long time Player. I got hooked immediately.  As the years passed you have done great by making it a better game but in the now, its more a disappointment than anything. I buy a little gold the first of the month, as I am on a fixed income. We use to get all types of seaweed in Coopcha and Hwe plus tokens for WOF. Today you dont do that much maybe a 30 seaweed here  and there. So in order to have what use to be given we now have to buy.  And hardly ever are the hot deals or prime boxes les than 50,000 gold.  Thats $50.00 dollars to me, and thats for 1 deal. It hasnt been as much fun because now its hard to  do what I could before.  Its a shame because sooner or later this game with ONLY be for the Big Spenders on GOLD. Making all us others not be able to play, Or just get on to collect our farms and be done. It is just really getting to me, cause I always want to give all I can but you are making it impossible for me.  I am sure I am not alone in this.  Heart Broken

Comments

• Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    This also includes Super humus, super feed.  I have to get them from the boats personal boxes :(
     :'(  >:):(
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    50k gold is the new minimum up from 30k for most items - everything about this game is marketing to new players and not players who have been around

the rewards have been shown be targeting low level players 40 wet pig feed? for 1.7 million points in the HWE? you and i make 1000s of this per day. 

new players are apt to by more gold and spend recklessly - they haven't caught on to the glitches, the delays, the false promises, the lost gold, etc. nor learned effective strategies to play yet but the competition will keep them gold buying for a while.  

I would say the bean counters can judge very accurately how much a new player vs an experienced player will purchase in gold.  The gold an experienced player buys probably levels out to similar purchase $$ in xx # of months so that $$ has already been factored in. Same with average length of time a player stays with the game. 

Taking away rewards like the seaweed, treasure boxes, occasional gold and GMLs that let us play based on learned strategies is similar to a grocery store that changes all the accustomed aisles around actually makes people spend more.Do remain as competitive as you were (ie: purchase to supplement what is now gold only purchase) or find a new way to play? 

for all of CM_Hunter's protestations a "new automatic vs manual reward randomizer" has been put into place the proof is in the pudding and we all know where the pudding man is going these days....
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    i have to buy 180k gold.  it is ridiculous i agree. 
  • rdjtmj (US1)rdjtmj (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    The prizes have changed so much in every single event....somehow I do not understand that.  I had to leave for over 3 months... and when I finally got my farm back after numerous attempts... nothing was the same.  I spend some to play this game.. (I am a breast cancer survivor twice over.. and hoping it does not move to my liver...) my husband who pays to let me play wants me to just be happy and have fun.. so as one who does pay a bit... the game is just well darn it.. getting ugly.... GGS is giving less and less.... the real dollar per gold option that we spend has gotten so ridiculous...I so agree with Kennetha...somehow GGS is not doing right by long time players....  and I am one of them....
  • I feel like a donkey who's been happily pulling the cart, trying to get that carrot on the stick that's just within reach. But now, the farmer, (GGS) has started slapping the reins to go faster and faster, (more frequent events), AND has decreased the size of the carrot to a nub (prizes), AND wants me to do fancy tricks to even get a taste of it! (Buy gold) Everyone has their breaking point - I would prefer to continue playing, but GGS - you need to ease up on the reins, give me back my full size carrots, and quit squeezing me for more and more gold.

I am a housewife. I used to have time to do things like grocery shop, go have lunch somewhere, etc. Now, I feel pressured to plan grocery shops in the thin sliver of time between CHWE and Cooperative Championship.
    Geeze will I make it home in time?! :|
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Any response from @WascallyWabbit @PicklePaws @CM_Hunter @CuddlyFoxes
     :D  :D:D:D:D:D  
    I don't think there is one 
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Funny, I just had this conversation, with my DH, last night.  I played for a couple years, then quit, now started again and the changes are out of this world.  Sad, really.
  • I have to agree that the game has become more of a gold requirement rather a gold option.  I really feel squeezed, too...
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 28.04.2018
    I wouldn't mind a gold requirement so much if the game were fun to play, if things worked, if customer service were responsive, if GGS listened to us, if events didn't run 6-deep 24/7, and if events were achievable without killing ourselves -- or achievable at all, for that matter.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 28.04.2018
    I wouldn't mind a gold requirement so much if the game were fun to play, if things worked, if customer service were responsive, if GGS listened to us, if events didn't run 6-deep 24/7, and if events were achievable without killing ourselves -- or achievable at all, for that matter.
    Oh c'mon. I know you broke your back to get those 35 million points for that 7 happiness reindeer crossing deco in this inane version of the HWE. Or 18 million points to get 750 goldfish pellets that one could otherwise make in 10 minutes his mill. It is beyond stupid. Kenna is right.

Oh, and 35 MILLION points and zero GML's??? 
    Oh c'mon. I know you broke your back to get those 35 million points for that 7 happiness reindeer crossing deco in this inane version of the HWE. Or 18 million points to get 750 goldfish pellets that one could otherwise make in 10 minutes his mill. It is beyond stupid. Kenna is right.

Oh, and 35 MILLION points and zero GML's??? 
    Not me. Most events are on my ignore list. LOL!
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    xcusion  no I have not heard a word   :s
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

Any response from @WascallyWabbit @PicklePaws reply this needy person 
  • xcusion  no I have not heard a word   :s

What kind of response do you guys expect? The game is targeted at the payers. Why do you expect it to be free?

Of course the game used to "give more" when it was at the beginning. That's called marketing. The game needed a player base so it offered more to attract one. It's like opening a new business... you have to give some stuff for free so that people try it.

I really don't understand all of these complaints... It's like you wanna have your cake and eat it too. And if you let a game dictate your life (e.g. when to do groceries or have lunch out), then maybe it's time you log off a little. It's an online game, it's not the real world. You don't gate fairness in the real world and you expect it in an online game... All of this reminds me of my 87 year old neighbor from across the street who complains non stop that her lawn is not green enough. 
  • That's pretty much any of GGS' games. 
    It's going to give the advantage to paying customers, yet it seems the perks
    for non-paying or small-time gold buyers, is getting a smaller and smaller margin. 

You can't blame a free-to-start game to do such things, and keeping yourself at a level 
    that you're comfortable playing at - is at a cost, change your ideals for the game. 

I used to blow 100 bucks a month, without breathing hard, on GG Empire. 
    To me, the game demanded the extra in-game currency to keep up. 
    This game, though it has it competitive side to is, is so far more low-key. 

Maybe taking a step back might be a decent idea. I cut off the other game, 
    for my own sake and the sake of my bank account. 
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266

GGS require non-paying players for the pay to win players to flog. 

They need to be very careful to judge how to not drive the cannon fodder away. Seems to me that in the last few months they have already fatally misjudged it .

The forums are full of players, even paying ones, questioning their willingness to stay.

• aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 30.04.2018

GGS require non-paying players for the pay to win players to flog. 

They need to be very careful to judge how to not drive the cannon fodder away. Seems to me that in the last few months they have already fatally misjudged it .

The forums are full of players, even paying ones, questioning their willingness to stay.

You raise and extremely good point and 1 I've being wondering about for a while now.

The game has to be fun/entertaining, not a chore.

For the gold spenders, their fun is winning.

For the cannon fodder, they are unlikely to win, but they can be rewarded, take away rewards and what is left to play for?

If they drive away the cannon fodder, the gold spenders wont need to spend as much if anything at all to win. If the gold spenders don't spend, where will the income come from?

Mark
    Post edited by aussie_mark (AU1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    TOO many "events" at the same time…. as usual here.    Bad enough GG does NOT listen to the players who overwhelmingly asked that the coop championship NOT be every other week.  Once a month and even that gets old.

SO here the dumb thing is AGAIN. I don't enjoy it like I once did.
    To top it off, all three of my farms keep getting the SAME MISSION BACK TO BACK!
    I can't do Milk twice in a row.   Even the dumb goats aren't restocked that fast.

Tossing in the towel.  I got some points on the board so coop leaders won't think I'm just not playing,
    but I simply don't care about this over and over and over and over and over zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    TOO many "events" at the same time…. as usual here.    Bad enough GG does NOT listen to the players who overwhelmingly asked that the coop championship NOT be every other week.  Once a month and even that gets old.

SO here the dumb thing is AGAIN. I don't enjoy it like I once did.
    To top it off, all three of my farms keep getting the SAME MISSION BACK TO BACK!
    I can't do Milk twice in a row.   Even the dumb goats aren't restocked that fast.

Tossing in the towel.  I got some points on the board so coop leaders won't think I'm just not playing,
    but I simply don't care about this over and over and over and over and over zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Come join us -- no one does missions unless they want to. The frequency of the thing all but killed our enthusiasm.  The horrible rewards took care of the rest! :)

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324

What kind of response do you guys expect? The game is targeted at the payers. Why do you expect it to be free?

Of course the game used to "give more" when it was at the beginning. That's called marketing. The game needed a player base so it offered more to attract one. It's like opening a new business... you have to give some stuff for free so that people try it.

I really don't understand all of these complaints... It's like you wanna have your cake and eat it too. And if you let a game dictate your life (e.g. when to do groceries or have lunch out), then maybe it's time you log off a little. It's an online game, it's not the real world. You don't gate fairness in the real world and you expect it in an online game... All of this reminds me of my 87 year old neighbor from across the street who complains non stop that her lawn is not green enough. 
    I expect the game to be free because it is advertised as a free game.
    GGS acts like the stuff in this game is REAL and that they are being put out by giving a few bags of seaweed weed, a couple GMLs, or paying us a bit more for our deepsea fish.  While I understand there are server costs and employees cost, etc - I have also seen the newsletters showing how much they are making off Bigfarm and Empire and I know they are making a killing.  They think if they take away all the perks that the players will spend more gold; this could not be farther from the truth.  They are making the players work much harder and spend much more time on the game and in turn are upsetting players as well as burning players out.  

Our reward for being dedicated players - wet pig feed.  
  • xcusion  no I have not heard a word   :s
    @Kennetha (US1) Hi Kennetha, Your post has been passed on the CM to give to the team, but I doubt it has got much further than him yet, because you posted on Friday & its a public holiday today (Tuesday) and there was only a skeleton in the office yesterday, who was trying to fix everyone;s breakages from the weekend.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    @Kennetha (US1) Hi Kennetha, Your post has been passed on the CM to give to the team, but I doubt it has got much further than him yet, because you posted on Friday & its a public holiday today (Tuesday) and there was only a skeleton in the office yesterday, who was trying to fix everyone;s breakages from the weekend.
    Constant daily breakage is not normal - constant breakage of repetitive events is not normal

Maybe GGS needs to  shut the game down for a month or so and go back to the drawing board to re-build from the ground up  - both the loss of revenue and players are a given but maybe GGS would have a product worth peddling.

Players just want a working game - this is not that hard to accomplish There literally thousands of online games to attest to an ability to function consistently. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file