Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

How can we play the CHWE and Golden week at the same time ?

Hello 

I saw in the calendar that golden week as well as cooperative hardworker event starts on the same day.
But they both dont go hand in hand with each other .

For golden week we put down event seeds and keep collecting them and get lucky coins used to buy hundreds of tokens :)
Irrespective of level of players this is one of the best events for anyone . So noone will obviously want to miss out on it .

But for cooperative hardworker event we need to put down special corn and etc etc and some players also have some of their gardens filled with barley+edge plants or special lettuce+edge plants etc used to finish boxes fast at 1 pps  making it extremely hard to perform in the golden week :( . So we will have to ignore the field boxes in CHWE or spend seaweed humus which by no means most players are not ready to do after the current set of useless rewards.

So this is just my suggestion . Other friends are requested to post their opinion over the same .

Suggestion : The golden week event can be shifted by 4 days after the end of cooperative hardworker event so we can play both peacefully .

So @Mods if possible try to ask if this can be done if many players are ok with this idea .

Comments

• @Rocky123 (IN1)

I have asked if this is possible.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    @Rocky123 (IN1)

I have asked if this is possible.
    Thanks Pickle :)
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Yes, I don't think it is a good idea to run both events at the same time because the one requires you to harvest your fields, gardens and meadows as frequently as possible while the other one requires you to hold items on your fields, gardens and meadows for hours at times. I think it is a good idea to delay the start of the golden week event until the cooperative hard worker event has ended.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We've asked in the past and were told no. Maybe this time will be the charm! :)

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    We've asked in the past and were told no. Maybe this time will be the charm! :)

O H ...N O ... we didn't,.. did we? :'(

...this means that they have re-balanced the whole damn thing, and now Golden Week will also never, ever be the same....

And all per request from us the players...

Guess only time will tell   B)

yes yes, irony, sarcasm and all that, in this post.  o:)

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    why not just postpone CHWE while the other event is running  It has become a frequent event 

• The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    edited 24.04.2018
    If they postpone golden week, then it will be running at same time as next hwe. Just trying to cram too much in not enough time
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    If they postpone golden week, then it will be running at same time as next hwe. Just trying to cram too much in not enough time
    That is the whole problem.  Piling one event on top of another continuously.  
    But HWE is not as competitive as CHWE 
    We need to score till GML reward in HWE whereas CHWE has extra too many (currently useless ) rewards and we need to score more for the coop too .

So better this event can mess up with HWE rather than CHWE is what i think

So @Pickle was anything decided about this ?
    That is the whole problem.  Piling one event on top of another continuously.  
    I agree. It's not likely to change, though. :(
  • But HWE is not as competitive as CHWE 
    We need to score till GML reward in HWE whereas CHWE has extra too many (currently useless ) rewards and we need to score more for the coop too .

@Rock@"Rocky123 (IN1)"

They are not able to change it at this stage, I did try, sorry :(.

Pickle

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526

@Rock@"Rocky123 (IN1)"

Pickle

It's ok, thank you for letting us know and for trying your best. We can just try our best with the two events at the same time.
    But HWE is not as competitive as CHWE 

@Rock@"Rocky123 (IN1)"

Pickle

Ok np thanks Pickle for letting us know :)
    as ninja said we will try our best n both :)
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    When does Golden Week begin?
  • What is the point in worrying about the CHWE when for 1.7 million points you get a "prize" of wet pig feed?
    Please tell me how that is a prize.  Anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller?
    Once again the so called prizes aren't worth the effort.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    As was explained in their first video a while ago, we are advised not to participate in all events but pick and choose. Clearly it appears it would be better to participate in golden week as this is quite infrequent compared to CHWE which will come around again relatively quickly.
    What is the point in worrying about the CHWE when for 1.7 million points you get a "prize" of wet pig feed?
    Of course, we don't know if Golden Week's rewards also have been "rebalanced." LOL!
    What is the point in worrying about the CHWE when for 1.7 million points you get a "prize" of wet pig feed?
    Its not about rewards . 
    Many feel bad if they dont play along and help the coop in coop events and so do I :).

That was only reason i was worried about chwe .
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    As was explained in their first video a while ago, we are advised not to participate in all events but pick and choose. Clearly it appears it would be better to participate in golden week as this is quite infrequent compared to CHWE which will come around again relatively quickly.
    That sounds good in theory yet from the moment you farm during an event like snowball event and piggles you are automatically stuck playing that event. The snowball and herb drops then make the game lag even worse making other events unplayable. These two events are just an example, there are other events that make us participate.....only way to avoid them is not to log in at all for the duration of the events.
  • What is the point in worrying about the CHWE when for 1.7 million points you get a "prize" of wet pig feed?
    Of course, we don't know if Golden Week's rewards also have been "rebalanced." LOL!

The Prizes look pretty crappy to me, but I dont know if they have always been like that or they have been "rebalanced"
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    And again: try to remind me, why we NEED good rewards ALL THE TIME?

We CANT have the best rewards all the time because its getting so often. End of story.

The Prizes look pretty crappy to me, but I dont know if they have always been like that or they have been "rebalanced"
    I remember some better ones. I certainly wouldn't mind if they brought back WoF tokens to most of the events. And, of course, GMLs! LOL!

This event is the most awesome event .
    10 days and u end up getting more tokens than what u can buy from temp farm trader after playing it one whole month superhard.

Just keep planting event seeds and collect coins and buy tokens from trader.

20 tokens for 6k coins offer , 5 for 2k coins is all available . 
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
     The one that these two events put together,
    has never played a CHWE or a Golden Week.
    Really absurd.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    And again: try to remind me, why we NEED good rewards ALL THE TIME?

We CANT have the best rewards all the time because its getting so often. End of story.

@T@"Tinzen (SKN1)"
    Reminder of why we NEED good rewards ALL THE TIME:

We need good rewards all the time because we need to use resources to play these events that they keep putting out so often.  They also keep raising the points needed to reach the final rewards which means we need to use more resources and cash for boosters. 

Do you spend all your money and give all you have (resources) to win the lottery when the prize is a roll of toilet paper and a bag of flour??
    Of course not.  You would not waste what you have on such silly rewards. 
    So why would we not want decent rewards for events that we must use our cash for boosters, use our resources, and put much more effort into to try and get the hard work rewards?

GGS is the one that turned Bigfarm into a game of competition, they should provide decent rewards to match the efforts and resources required.  
    I dont need good rewards ALL THE TIME - I barely got the good rewards ALL THE TIME anyways before the changed it.

I play with whatever I got - and can get. Nothing more. Nothing less.

As of now I have 31 thounds something in gold as I dont do anything about. I seldom use gold anyways.
    And I would guess that I do have about 600 HOUNDERS - if not MORE - to the WoF. In both cases because I seldom uses it.

I do know that not everyone plays as I do. But I really dont see the need to be the best every time.

So again: The need for the best prizes are at any costs are....?
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 27.04.2018
    I dont need good rewards ALL THE TIME - I barely got the good rewards ALL THE TIME anyways before the changed it.

As of now I have 31 thounds something in gold as I dont do anything about. I seldom use gold anyways.
    And I would guess that I do have about 600 HOUNDERS - if not MORE - to the WoF. In both cases because I seldom uses it.

I do know that not everyone plays as I do. But I really dont see the need to be the best every time.

Some players do. I got all good rewards (aka gold mining licenses) all the time. Now I barely play (if I happen to harvest whatever comes next good, otherwise whatever, I'm not even bothering). I always try to play more and plan (which keeps the challenge and even interest up) when things are appealing and attainable (if they are appealing but not attainable not point either). Good attainable rewards such as the GML allow me to improve my farm and move it towards the goal I have in mind of what I would like my farm to look like, inclusive the aesthetic aspect.

In my case, if they do not put good rewards all time (or almost all the time) then the interest is lost. No good rewards = no incentive -> I do not bother playing the events (whatever attitude) -> play less in general and goals start looking more and more unattainable (without too much real money or too much time or both) -> less interest in the game -> less money invested -> might quit game if things continue like this and for sure I would not recommend the game to others due to the disappointment I feel towards the game.

Once GGS stated that if goals are too easy the game becomes boring. Well, IMO, the same effect if goals are unattainable or way too hard: it might be a long term game where goals are supposed to be attained with time and effort, but when goals become a too long term goal (what it feels like a life long goal) that is very discouraging and unappealing. And without good rewards for the events they become more and more unattainable.

I invested some money in the game when they brought the first WWC and the deep sea fishing. Why? because things became attainable with a little extra push and I imagined myself playing long term and I saw a future with the game. The WWC brought to every player the opportunity to own buildings and other special items that were only reserved to a very few before, even though attaining them takes time. The deep sea fishing brought a so much needed money flow to a game that had become to slow to achieve anything. For example, I saw possible to complete the expansions, it rekindle my interest in the dusty lab and it revived my interest in the temp farms, for which I started also spending some gold to see until where I could arrive. To me the better the rewards (the more I can potentially get) the more interested that I'm in the game, the more I play and the more likely I'm to support the game, monetarily and recommending it to others. It doesn't seem however that GGS sees it this way. At least, since the deep sea fishing "nerfing", things are just becoming, if not just plainly worse, what it looks like worse and worse. Now it seems to be the turn of the laughable and completely useless rewards for most events: no point in spending resources that are more valuable than what you get in exchange. It is a progress backwards and not towards any goal.

Maybe I take the game too seriously, but without a goal (even self made as the idea of my ideal farm) the game would become to me a mindless and boring clicking game with no purpose and destined to doom.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720

Its really not that difficult a concept........reward should match effort! You wouldn't work a 40 hour week if the reward at the end was a piece of string and a flag.

Sure this is a game but GGS have made it like a fulltime job overloading us with events that are now a lot more difficult to play than when they were first introduced. The rewards should be bigger and better......yes more gold, more tokens, more seaweed! Many of us were quite content playing the casual farm game we had years ago.....no one asked for this competition cutthroat crap!

Whether we use the gold or seaweed rewards won is irrelevant but if this is the direction GGS has taken with this game then its their responsibility to give us rewards that are worth the effort. If they want to give us crap then go back to how the game was before, No drama, No competition, No wheels.....just good old fashioned casual farming, it was a lot more enjoyable back then anyway.
    No matter what game I have played over the years (and yes, I DO remeber the "good old times", where it was not so busy in this game), Then it has always started out slowly, but more and more have gotten in, so it was so busy....

Its just something that comes along with the time I guess...
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 28.04.2018
     After the rewards, you do not seem to have played both events. The CHWE and the Golden Week. The scuttled, CHWE is so that each piece of seaweed that you spend, your seaweed is sin. 30 mill points a tassel for your field. How is it possible, such ridiculous rewards all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file