Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update April 17th - A new Grove, a Flag and a lot of Kittie Cats! - Discussion

Comments

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I am really afraid that the new gold button to water trees wiil be easy to hit accidentally.  So instead of implementing a button to help us avoid spending gold inadvertantly they have implemented another button to increase the chances of that. 
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    I am really afraid that the new gold button to water trees wiil be easy to hit accidentally.  So instead of implementing a button to help us avoid spending gold inadvertantly they have implemented another button to increase the chances of that. 
    That's the first thing I thought when I saw the update. 
  • Wait, if I water my coops trees I have to pay five gold???

This is crazy!
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 16.04.2018
    Seems like all you do if you want to water ALL trees is click your own coop tree and the menu appears.   I don't think the gold option will appear if you're just normally visiting each farm to water trees individually.   We will see when the update arrives. :|

In this time management game, the skip button provides convenience if you want to skip the time needed to complete a task-- you pay gold.  This new feature is like everything else in the game-- you wanna go fast, you pay gold.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Very disappointed that they are charging gold to water the coop trees in one go -- something we've been asking for, yet they feel the need to charge us for it. No matter what we ask for, when it's finally granted, it has strings attached. If they ever do provide us with a gold-purchase confirmation button, or a gold lock, I wonder if they will charge us gold to use it! :D
    Exactly.    The trees can just dry up before I pour gold onto them.  Kindling!  
    As it is the clickity click click click fest got old a long time ago.
    PLUS the coops I'm in don't really need the collectables much anymore.  They finish one project and in a nano second someone fills it's collectables.    And 200.00 per tree is NOTHING.   
    Now they want to charge gold for it?  

And for our hard earned money we get what now?
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Oh and CAT DECO for the horse racing?   Come on!  I can see if I EVER actually get a cat, maybe find a way to send it to a cat show or something.   But that has NOTHING AT ALL to do with horse racing.

I keep looking forward to more HORSE statues to add to my horse collection of them but no.   
    Once again, the dart throwers who design this game completely missed the target.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    IF you want to water ALL coop trees in your group by just clicking one button
    then you pay at the rate of 5 gold per each tree.
    example: 70 trees x 5 gold = 350 gold.

IF you want to visit each farm in your coop and water each tree individually,
    then that method remains unchanged. FREE to CLICK.

Hope this helps. :|

• Well i don't often comment on much, really never have commented about an official announcement actually

As my usual position is that we must play the game as it is presented to us by GGS...not to question it

However there is a statement in a section of this update announcement that seems possibly inappropriate???

I had to reread several times.......... like feeding the pigs, stoking your dog or replanting your acres.........

I somehow find this choice of wordage from a highly educated section of GGS somewhat questionable?

Now as of course only a common dumb farmer, I may chosen or preferred verbage such a petting your dog

The chosen verbage in most circles is considered to be highly immoral, often illegal or at least frowned upon

I would have expected a more professional presentation of the game

~Rick~  aka: userrart1959
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Well i don't often comment on much, really never have commented about an official announcement actually

As my usual position is that we must play the game as it is presented to us by GGS...not to question it

However there is a statement in a section of this update announcement that seems possibly inappropriate???

I had to reread several times.......... like feeding the pigs, stoking your dog or replanting your acres.........

I somehow find this choice of wordage from a highly educated section of GGS somewhat questionable?

Now as of course only a common dumb farmer, I may chosen or preferred verbage such a petting your dog

The chosen verbage in most circles is considered to be highly immoral, often illegal or at least frowned upon

I would have expected a more professional presentation of the game

~Rick~  aka: userrart1959
    Ummm, what?  Yes, the term "stroking" can have sexual overtones, but the term often is used innocently enough, and is quite common as a synonym for petting or caressing. It is not, in my experience, considered "highly immoral, often illegal or at least frowned upon" as you have stated.  There is nothing improper about the context in which it was used in the announcement.

Also, the original message may have been translated from another language. Smut is in the mind of the beholder, methinks. LOL!

Please disregard if your post was meant sarcastically. :)
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    stoking your dog        >:)  >:)Is that like stoking the fire and done with a poker    >:)>:)  
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    When I first read about the "Water all Trees":

200+ Gold per day to water all my Co-Op members trees? No thanks. I'll keep doing it the long way.  It only takes like 2 minutes on my computer, that's not worth 200 gold (to me).

I was really, really happy & excited for about 10 seconds though.

at least you got 6 more seconds of joy out of it than i did :)

to think the much mentioned small dev team spent time on this only to nerf it with 'gold only' option is crazy, what a waste of time
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 16.04.2018
    5 gold * 1:30 per gold = 7:30.  Do you think it will take 7 and a half minutes to water a tree?  Only to get 200 dollars?  I would rather catch 10 hogfish using bait in the same amount of time and I earn the same profit as watering more than 400 trees.  Note: Each hogfish costs 5250 for bait, 225 for hooks and gives 9kg of fish which sells for 1500 each. Each catch earns 13500 for a profit of 8025.  All fish can be caught by reloading the screen.  The best rod and reel is unbreakable(needs confirmation).

The main reason players wanted the feature is so they would save time loading the farms.  It would also save the company money because loading 30 farms calls the server 30 times to load the screen, each call is very large because it needs to get the data of every object on the farm.  The water all button will only require 1 call to the server, that call will only interact with the data of every cooperative tree.  The more calls, the more running costs the server needs to maintain.  GGS not only wants to add the feature, but also tries to get gold from the players.  This actually does not help the problem at all because even though gold sales earn the company money, the gold cost also discourages players to use the feature.  
    If GGS makes watering trees free, it would save them lots of server costs.  

I will never use water all trees unless it is free.  I have a better idea: In the menu, add a water tree button on every player info.  It is much faster and requires far less server data to load a player info than to load an entire farm.

Post edited by dchen1 (US1) on
  •  Smut is in the mind of the beholder, methinks 

Yes it is................as is a playful sense of humor........lol

unless of course it was meant sarcastically....lol
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    5 gold a tree Will GGS know which members are active or not or charge 60 gold, 12 members but 4 not active? 
  • johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167

Image result for cartoon catch 22 involving greed
    edited 17.04.2018

I agree that greed does not solve the problem.  If they made water all trees free, the company would save more money because loading every object in the farm for every farm in the coop costs the server a lot more data than sending a request to water the cooperative trees.  If more people used the feature, the company will save money.  
    It is the same concept as clicking a button to send loyalty points to everyone and getting 10 yourself in mobile harvest.  
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    Really happy to see the Seaweed Liquid Fertilizer!  Now, how about some Seaweed Honeydew?  That sure will help with contracts and Wedding Planner Event.

Pretty please?
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    Personally, there are days when it will be worth it for me to use some gold to water all my coop's trees.  We aren't that big, but time is money and 5 gold a tree will be worth it when I'm trying to care for my farms, care for my coop and have already worked a 13 hour day.  But, most days I will continue to visit farms and spark 'em up, cause I love my coop members!  

I agree that greed does not solve the problem.  If they made water all trees free, the company would save more money because loading every object in the farm for every farm in the coop costs the server a lot more data than sending a request to water the cooperative trees.  If more people used the feature, the company will save money.  
    It is the same concept as clicking a button to send loyalty points to everyone and getting 10 yourself in mobile harvest.  
    I think for me its more the principle of it all , they ( ggs ) ask for suggestions and make themselves look like the good guys when they come through .... BUT it seems now days it comes with a price and I think anything we now request will cost us one way or another.
    Really they do have us by the proverbial "short and curlies"  as a lot of us have made great friendships from all around the world and in some cases its about the only thing that keeps us interested in the game anymore.
    Just my thoughts and opinion , they may very well have our best interests at heart ;) ... ok a touch of sarcasm there sorry :)
    kwk (US1) said:
    Personally, there are days when it will be worth it for me to use some gold to water all my coop's trees.  We aren't that big, but time is money and 5 gold a tree will be worth it when I'm trying to care for my farms, care for my coop and have already worked a 13 hour day.  But, most days I will continue to visit farms and spark 'em up, cause I love my coop members!  
    I dont water the trees at all.  It requires 22 waters to get a small amount of collectibles and the money is only for levels 1-10 because I could catch hogfish using bait for way more profit, 8000 per catch.  I would water trees if it is free and waters all trees to earn 4400, still a small amount but the time needed is ok.  I would water trees if the money per farm visited is 10 times as much as before, scaling by coop level for a 40 member coop.  

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
     Smut is in the mind of the beholder, methinks 

Yes it is................as is a playful sense of humor........lol

unless of course it was meant sarcastically....lol
    LOL! :)
    5 gold a tree, 2000 gold per gold mining license
    1 GML can water 400 trees.  Each tree gives 200 dollars.  
    Using one of the the highly valuable GMLs won from 1200000 points in the hard worker event by harvesting every hour of the day, and wait 48 hours to mine the gold, then water a 40 member coop 10 times, earns you 80000 dollars and a few collectibles if lucky.  

You could instead buy a water tower for the main farm and a floral perfume handbook, save up 9 fertilizer for the level 7 apple orchard for an extra 30000 dollars and collect floral perfume for an extra 12000 profit each time.  You could easily get more than 80000 of extra profit in a week and every week after for spending that GML on upgrades instead of a one time amount that can easily be earned by fishing.  Hard work rewards players with gold, but only spending gold wisely will reward players because there are full of offers out there that want gold and gives the player almost nothing in return.    
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    paying to water trees loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

i love the, you asked for it so we've provided it for you! announcement a while back

of course you never announced we'd have to pay for such a simple process that should've been a feature of the game to start with

talk about cheap, wow, just................ wow
    The announcement should have said  "you asked for it, so we've found a way to charge you for it! 
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    thank you for the grove - but i am sure it will be too costly for most and will it require the removal of 2 groves just to put up this one with space left over? will it produce enough to encompass the removal of 2 groves before a 2nd new grove can be earned?

thank you for the new fert. Will it be a reward in DSF MO's or the market guy that has random things pop up over his head? or the farmworker's bubbles?

I for one am pleased with the variety of trophies - even though this is horse racing it's not like anyone sees the horses or race so the variety is good imo - besides i like cats :) 

the feature of going to each farm while maybe a "headache" feature it is most common AND intentional for team/co-operative games so it is not an 'incomplete' feature by any means as @qewt (US1) says

@dchen1 (US1) has made two excellent posts regarding the tree one-click water -

i don't feel it will easily be confused or clicked on to spend gold except by maybe a new player - new players might also get in the habit faster than more experienced players and my guess this is the target audience as well as those who will occasionally use it -

yes i think it will water any unwatered tree regardless if a player is active or not - and that is a good reason for coop participants to ensure they only have active members (sorry to the coops that routinely have inactive players - however you are also the least likely to probably use this feature) - but I imagine if the tree is "full" and can't be watered it is skipped

if you have watered most it still will only water the unwatered ones I know that some days I have given up if the game crashes several times or lags so much on going to others farms 

free is better > 5 gold is excessive - since it saves GGS in the long run and if GGS really needs to charge then 1 gold is much more appropriate,

I am sure the skins are ok and people seem to like them - overall  they are confusing farm to farm too much of a mish-mash since rarely does anyone have a "set" because of the costly nature or the availability of only through a win - they don't add happiness or anything special which I feel they should but in the end the art department has jobs ^^

overall players  haven't we learned anything yet?? if we even give a few likes to a feature it is usually taken away or  "adjusted" - I suggest we LOVE the heck out of this one-click water in the forum - and then let them remove or "adjust" it after they test it out to see how many actually use it - they are going to do it anyway

i have to say i am so confused because GGS claims they have been taking rewards away and adding these features based on requests ... NOT sure who is requesting but am pretty sure the requests have been interpreted incorrectly  ... just saying
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 17.04.2018
    Hello

Please give priority to important things first :(
    Automatic loading of DSF boats is more important than this coop tree watering automation and why do u add gold element to everything that u bring :(
    I have not watered any of my coop member trees in past few months :D and i have no plan to do it as well in future. I rarely look at mine too .

Seaweed things for FF its a good one :)
     but the new olive grove idea doesnt look good  given the fact that we need to buy it with wwc coins  and upgrade done only through gold or wwc coins and not with dollars  :( . I will be better off buying some more tropic and candy moos from them :)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Ok, so the Players come up with a good idea: water all co-op trees at once.
        This not only takes a strain off of the server but it gives players more time to farm or chat or whatever.

However, in GGS's constant greed campaign they have decided to TAX the players for this wonderful idea. 

As I have said before, this game is no longer free.  You WILL either pay or you will work VERY hard.
    Remember: time is money.  So either way it will cost you or you will get so fed up with the BS that you walk away.

I for one am so fed up with the lag and watching "loading game assets" each and every time I click on a co-op member's farm to go water their tree.  I think GGS should pay us 5 gold if we use the water all trees feature.

I think for me its more the principle of it all , they ( ggs ) ask for suggestions and make themselves look like the good guys when they come through .... BUT it seems now days it comes with a price and I think anything we now request will cost us one way or another.
    Really they do have us by the proverbial "short and curlies"  as a lot of us have made great friendships from all around the world and in some cases its about the only thing that keeps us interested in the game anymore.
    Just my thoughts and opinion , they may very well have our best interests at heart ;) ... ok a touch of sarcasm there sorry :)
    Maybe you can start a Google chat group for everyone to stay in touch.
    Hello

Please give priority to important things first :(
    Automatic loading of DSF boats is more important than this coop tree watering automation and why do u add gold element to everything that u bring :(
    I have not watered any of my coop member trees in past few months :D and i have no plan to do it as well in future. I rarely look at mine too .

Seaweed things for FF its a good one :)
     but the new olive grove idea doesnt look good  given the fact that we need to buy it with wwc coins  and upgrade done only through gold or wwc coins and not with dollars  :( . I will be better off buying some more tropic and candy moos from them :)
    If they automate DSF Boats it will most likely cost a gold fee. We all need to realize this is the new normal and stop asking for stuff.  All we are doing is giving them ideas of what we would like so they can provide it with a gold charge.   Let's let them focus on all the bugs first.
    i have to say i am so confused because GGS claims they have been taking rewards away and adding these features based on requests ... NOT sure who is requesting but am pretty sure the requests have been interpreted incorrectly  ... just saying
    I have to agree 100% with this statement.  I cannot see ANYONE that actually plays this game saying please take away gold mystery boxes and give me wet pig feed or cow silage.  Or saying take away seaweed items and give me some regular pig feed or humus.   
    edited 17.04.2018
    Maybe @Shay1968 (US1) ... but  bigfarm is a bit like the old coffee shop you have been meeting at for years. Prices may have gone up and the service not quite up to standard but ...     :p
    Post edited by johanne (AU1) on
Sign In to comment.