Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Rewards for CC & HW Events WTH?

Comments

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The big problem the developers are trying to solve is that accidentally giving too much advantage in balancing causes some players to have way too much advantage than others which stays even after fixing the balance, such as a huge stockpile of seaweed or a bunch of kites that massively boost reputation, or extremely strong horses.  The advantages affect other players by not letting normal players reach high rankings.  Now, they are afraid of giving advantages because it is so hard to reverse the effects.  The way to make a balanced game is to test more often by developers and by players on a temporary version of the game and make a well balanced change the first time so it does not disrupt the balance of players.  If a mistake is made, fix it early to restore the balance.  Balancing is a very important and difficult part of development.
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 06.04.2018
    Kudos for the explanition

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/176218/announcement-reward-issues

I can't imagine a situation where 'rewards' would need to be changed to introduce automation, but computers can be fickle at times. 

Luckily the issue didn't require the team to hop on 1 foot while drinking from the wrong side of a cup. Those issues can definitely be tricky to fix.

Mark
    aussie_mark @ au 1
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    THANK YOU to GGS for the great rewards on this HWE. Also for keeping the amount of points needed reasonable.

holidayrox @ us 1
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    THANK YOU so much GGS for bringing back the rewards for the Hard Worker Event!! AWESOME!!!!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,514
    Although the ranking rewards featuring WWCC points need some tweaking -- LOL!

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• ggs will keep making as much money as you let them! the old saying, hurt me once your bad, hurt me twice, my bad! I have been playing over three years and was fighting to get the 30 coin for watching vidios now the boxes! did not happen over night! opened many boxes for chicken scratch or pig slop! I guess stay where your level is and be happy! don't SPEND THE REAL MONEY!
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

Farm points when no WWC active.  
    To fix it, they could just write a line of code that will add this reward only if the HWE ending time is during WWC?  (If HWE end is before WWC end  AND  HWE end is after WWC start then Add reward for rank 6-50 Farm Points x1000)
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 12.04.2018
    HWE this time around seems super broken to me... I usually get the meter up to around 7 pts/sec no trouble at all, but this time I cannot even get past 1 point/sec.

I guess this is gonna be another event I'll be ignoring from here on in.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    This isn't about the HWE, it's about the CC but it concerns the same problems so I'll ask my question here.

The countdown icon is on our farms and it's 1 day early if I may add. We have not gotten any word yet if the programmers have had a chance to fix the rewards in this CC. I cannot justify spending our members hard earned money on a booster to win a bunch of wet pig feed. Can you please let us know if any changes have been made to the Hardworker rewards for this CC.

Thank you

It's past office hour in Germany, there is no one there to answer your question

To implement the changes they should have done a game update, but they didn't, so its likely these so called rewards are the same as last time, or slightly different as they claim they are randomly generated by their automated system

In other words if not wet pig feed it could be cow sillage  ... 

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,553
    To implement the changes they should have done a game update, but they didn't, so its likely these so called rewards are the same as last time, or slightly different as they claim they are randomly generated by their automated system

In other words if not wet pig feed it could be cow sillage  ... 

They did a maintenance yesterday morning; maybe they made changes. Not holding my breath, but...maybe.
    MRG1  (US1)
    Former avid player... and long-time Outlander fanatic

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you @PCA (GB1) for pointing out the after hours fact and you are right there has been no update or hot fix even and that's why I asked.

Find up-to-date Big Farm information, guides and much more here at https://crazybigfarm.net
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    As @MRG1 (US1) stated above, there was maintenance done yesterday (or might have been the day before)
    holidayrox @ us 1

• Three servers (including US1) had to be restarted yesterday due to memory issues, however, this was not an update or hotfix  :/
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you @RowdyRac

Find up-to-date Big Farm information, guides and much more here at https://crazybigfarm.net
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 190
    Are those WWC rewards accumulating anywhere?  There are certainly not in our inventory.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 13.04.2018
    I really hate to have to bring this up again but WTH AGAIN with the CC rewards?  The HWE rewards were changed up a bit (still needs work, i mean the wwc was not happening and we were getting rewards for it, plus fish feed isn't a reward).  Please do something about the rewards, there is no reason to play if this is how its going to stay. 

nothing was "changed up" @rie22 (US1)

The HWE that just ended was the old version of crop HWE for single players, no changes were made there and rewards still the same as they had always been

The other HWE instead, the coop version of HWE, and CC had their hard worker rewards downgraded to GGS lowest horrible standards and bad taste, even tho GGS is trying to tell us it was not intentional

As with most other changes, GGS won't do anything, they won't react to our protests, they will just wait  that our rage abates, then they will operate their next cull

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,172
    Why have the gifts/awards on the HWE/CC's become so cheap?  It's almost not worth playing them anymore, with all the work you are expected to do, and the rewards being so little or cheap.  :(
    yeah i know what you mean i gave up. It is not worth doing. 
    Moved On !
Sign In to comment.