Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Mar 26th- New Rewards (Extended Downtime - Completed March 21st) - Discussion

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here! :)
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Love the idea of another construction slot, but have to wonder just how long it will take to get those 50 coins.  ;) 

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Love the idea of another construction slot, but have to wonder just how long it will take to get those 50 coins.  ;) 

I'm concerned about it starting automatically. If we haven't chosen something for construction, does the system just start something or do we lose out. And what if it's something Steve is needed for? 

Surely they can present this so we can choose when to start production, just like we do with other tokens.
    @artful (US1) - My concern is that for each additional slot we need 50 coins each time.  I have to wonder if we can utilize Steve twice.  Also, I am sure there will be a way to use gold to buy these coins.  Just would not expect anything less from GGS.  bwahaha
  • I agree, being used first after automatically being activated takes away the bonus of a lot of this feature. The comments asking for bonuses to be available to start hasn't been understood.

I would be satisfied to stop collecting tokens and be able to activate it myself.

Well, maybe this is how my stable will get upgraded someday.
    I agree, being used first after automatically being activated takes away the bonus of a lot of this feature. The comments asking for bonuses to be available to start hasn't been understood.

I would be satisfied to stop collecting tokens and be able to activate it myself.

I think what  that means is that a new slot will open up.  Probably using the terminology of activated is incorrect.  You will start your upgrade as normal.  @PicklePaws Please confirm.
    I agree, being used first after automatically being activated takes away the bonus of a lot of this feature. The comments asking for bonuses to be available to start hasn't been understood.

I think what  that means is that a new slot will open up.  Probably using the terminology of activated is incorrect.  You will start your upgrade as normal.  @PicklePaws Please confirm.
    Let's hope you're right!  But there is that sentence telling us to "please plan accordingly."
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    They should set up a confirmation popup that appears when your next build is about to go into this second slot. Something like: 'Use build tokens Yes/No'
    Simple, and would prevent a lot of grief.

DD
    They should set up a confirmation popup that appears when your next build is about to go into this second slot. Something like: 'Use build tokens Yes/No'
    Simple, and would prevent a lot of grief.

DD
    Good idea. 
  • Hey guys!

If you have 50 construction tokens & start building or upgrading it will automatically go to the new build slot first. You will still need to start the construction yourself but plan carefully in case you're saving the extra build slot for Steve or something else. For now, the tokens will only be available as rewards in events. We don't know at this time if they will be sold later. :)
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Hey guys!

If you have 50 construction tokens & start building or upgrading it will automatically go to the new build slot first. You will still need to start the construction yourself but plan carefully in case you're saving the extra build slot for Steve or something else. For now, the tokens will only be available as rewards in events. We don't know at this time if they will be sold later. :)
    Thanks for your information. It means we need to watch in case we have enough token to use second construction slot. It would be better to start the construction in old ones, then if needed we can use tokens to start second construction process.
    @CuddlyFoxes Thanks for clarifying this. :)
    edited 20.03.2018
    Hey guys!

Thanks for your information. It means we need to watch in case we have enough token to use second construction slot. It would be better to start the construction in old ones, then if needed we can use tokens to start second construction process.
    It sounds like construction automatically goes to the new slot if you have enough tokens, so you'd have to keep an eye on your tally and make sure you start construction before you have 50 tokens. An unexpected reward would push it into the new slot.

If 50 tokens by default make you use the second slot, it sounds like the first slot would not be an option, virtually eliminating a two-at-a-time build.

The option to use tokens or not is still the better one.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Will this 2nd slot be for free, so do we need to spend x dollars/gold on this?
  • My concern is that for each additional slot we need 50 coins each time.  I have to wonder if we can utilize Steve twice.  Also, I am sure there will be a way to use gold to buy these coins.  Just would not expect anything less from GGS.  bwahaha
    @Fawners (US1) If Steve arrives when you have 50 tokens and 2 empty slots, you can start the 1st  upgrade, which will go to the new slot & use your tokens & then start a 2nd upgrade in the normal slot.
  • Clarification needed, please. At what level do handbooks need construction time? All of mine have been instantaneous so far.

How many of these construction tokens will we get at one time? Is this going to be like the cat tree I started 15 years ago that still needs 327,835 charms?

What items will these building tokens drop from? 
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    Once you have all 6 levels of a particular handbook, a guy comes on your farm and offers to sell you a level seven book.  For a lot of gold.

It sounded to me like the tokens are coming as event rewards.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 20.03.2018
    Too soon to say but this extra construction slot sounds like more of a bust than a benefit-- if the building slot just gets activated automatically, and if I need to build or place a few decorations just to keep my inventory-drop box from becoming full then my tokens are simply wasted.  So I will be given building tokens as event rewards instead of more useful rewards... hmmm. :/  we will see. :|

GGS suggests: "A dialogue will inform you when you have enough tokens to use the slot so please plan accordingly."
  • Qat (US1)Qat (US1) US1 Posts: 46
    edited 20.03.2018
    Ooops sorry
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    If I understand this correctly...

I have no control over what the 50 tokens I have saved up will go towards. Right now I don't know how long it will take me to save up 50 coins, but say it takes me a month to save these coins. I am not happy with the idea that I will waste those hard earned coins on a deco that takes 5 seconds to build. I would rather spend them coins on a long upgrade such as the Dandy duck perhaps.
    My concern is that for each additional slot we need 50 coins each time.  I have to wonder if we can utilize Steve twice.  Also, I am sure there will be a way to use gold to buy these coins.  Just would not expect anything less from GGS.  bwahaha
    @Fawners (US1) If Steve arrives when you have 50 tokens and 2 empty slots, you can start the 1st  upgrade, which will go to the new slot & use your tokens & then start a 2nd upgrade in the normal slot.
    Oh, so you can still activate the normal slot if the token slot is going.  This is good, WW.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 20.03.2018
    Yeah, have to be careful with those tokens.  Seems we will have to watch closely how many of them we have and when we decide to upgrade anything.  I can't imaging using hard earned tokens for a deco.  So question I have is?

If both slots are open and I decide to place a deco, wait for it to finish, then place another, can I still use the first slot and not use my token slot?

And one more question?

How are you all going to handle the server move?  I think I am going to run everything out and start with a clean slate with nothing producing.  I will take screen shots of everything necessary like, inventory (all Pages), a screen shot of the header showing gold, and everything else. 
    I'm not concerned about inventory, but I am taking a screen shot to show gold/village dollars, etc.
    I'm not concerned about inventory, but I am taking a screen shot to show gold/village dollars, etc.
    What about your GML, or how many other tokens and things you have in your inventory?  I want all of mine to remain where they are, lol.  If not seen after the upgrade and server move I want proof of what I had in there before.
  • It's terrible that start building or upgrading will automatically go to the new build slot first. What if I want to leave coins for the architect? What if I just want to build a decor? This will eat my coins. It's horrible.
    What about your GML, or how many other tokens and things you have in your inventory?  I want all of mine to remain where they are, lol.  If not seen after the upgrade and server move I want proof of what I had in there before.
    Exactly. I'm taking screen shots of everything.

If both slots are open and I decide to place a deco, wait for it to finish, then place another, can I still use the first slot and not use my token slot?

It doesn't sound like you could do that. If you have the tokens, that will be the slot that is used first.
    edited 20.03.2018
    It's terrible that start building or upgrading will automatically go to the new build slot first. What if I want to leave coins for the architect? What if I just want to build a decor? This will eat my coins. It's horrible.
    It's just another GGS give to you, but take at the same time.  Nothing to really benefit us if we don't get to control when it is used.  A bit unfair I think.
  • It's terrible that start building or upgrading will automatically go to the new build slot first. What if I want to leave coins for the architect? What if I just want to build a decor? This will eat my coins. It's horrible.
    It's just another GGS give to you, but take at the same time.  Nothing to really benefit us if we don't get to control when it is used.  A bit unfair I think.
    I totally agree.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    SO........"IF" I have earned the second the slot with tokens.........

A.  Is it permanent?

B.  When the temp farm starts, will I have only one of them available for the temp farm?

C.  If I have both slots, and a temp farm slots, will building something on the temp farm, use both regular building slots?

Never thought of all that stuff.  Thanks for the reminder.  I haven't been playing long so I don't have much in there...
Sign In to comment.