Login Problems? Click here for help!

HELP!! Leprechaun Treat is now a Prank - Cannot harvest apples! "Barn too small" error.

So got pranked, found the little guy and he gave me a treat by increasing the yield of one of my apple orchards.  Nice timing, as co-op planned on doing apple challenge.  So I waited to harvest that orchard.  Then got pranked again, found the little green guy again, and he gave me another treat --- ON THE SAME ORCHARD!  Now the output exceeds the volume of my storage, and it won't let me sell the excess.  Just says "Barn too small".  Barns are upgraded as far as they can be for my level.  HELP!  What can I do?

Comments

• So got pranked, found the little guy and he gave me a treat by increasing the yield of one of my apple orchards.  Nice timing, as co-op planned on doing apple challenge.  So I waited to harvest that orchard.  Then got pranked again, found the little green guy again, and he gave me another treat --- ON THE SAME ORCHARD!  Now the output exceeds the volume of my storage, and it won't let me sell the excess.  Just says "Barn too small".  Barns are upgraded as far as they can be for my level.  HELP!  What can I do?

Contact support. If your barns are upgraded as far as you can for your level that is your only option.
  • Thanks, done that, but was hoping someone knew a way to fix it.  It has to had happened for other things I'm sure.  Like when co-op members 'treat' others in their co-op.
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) Posts: 145
    edited 11.03.2018
    can you get into farm management at the bottom of you screen?

You can sell your apples from there, i don't know if you will have enough capacity then.

When you try to harvest and it says your barn is too small, THAT prompt should immediately send you to a window where you can sell your apples. that that did not happen probably means there is a glitch
    ... the only other explanation would be that, say you barn can hold 500 total, perhaps it is possible [confirmed] that it would prevent you from ever collecting 550 apples.

I haven't tested that, but that would be messed up. edit: alright so it is a capacity issue! that is messed up!

Let us know if farm management works, otherwise it would most likely be left to support. They should be able to remove your orchard altogether and replace it with a new one without the charm. You will probably lose the charm though.

edit: that is interesting artful, I would doubt that people are going over capacity in one harvest at that level. edit: I guess it is happening at that level! I wonder what the solution will be...
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) Posts: 4,580
    Happening on the flower farm too to some people thanks to the "treat."

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• can you get into farm management at the bottom of you screen?

You can sell your apples from there, i don't know if you will have enough capacity then.

When you try to harvest and it says your barn is too small, THAT prompt should immediately send you to a window where you can sell your apples. that that did not happen probably means there is a glitch... the only other explanation would be that, say you barn can hold 500 total, perhaps it is possible that it would prevent you from ever collecting 550 apples.

I havent tested that, but that would be messed up.

Let us know if farm management works, otherwise it would most likely be left to support. They should be able to remove your orchard altogether and replace it with a new one without the charm. You will probably lose the charm though.

edit: that is interesting artful, I would doubt that people are going over capacity in one harvest at that level.

I sold off all the apples,  the issue is that thanks to the double 'treat', my orchard has 780 apples to harvest.  And my total storage is 750.  (I'm only level 21) So that's how I'm going over capacity in 1 harvest.  and I can see it happening to others - especially if they had already used humus or a co-op boost. on something.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) Posts: 784
    edited 12.03.2018

I sold off all the apples,  the issue is that thanks to the double 'treat', my orchard has 780 apples to harvest.  And my total storage is 750.  (I'm only level 21) So that's how I'm going over capacity in 1 harvest.  and I can see it happening to others - especially if they had already used humus or a co-op boost. on something.
    The only way to fix this issue is to increase your storage to over 780, so if your level is too low to upgrade your barns you can either upgrade your farmhouse, upgrade your roadrunner farm machine or wait until you are high enough level to upgrade your barns and then you will be able to harvest your apple orchard.
    ninjahuman @ au 1

Click here if you looking for an active cooperative on the AU1 server.

• I sold off all the apples,  the issue is that thanks to the double 'treat', my orchard has 780 apples to harvest.  And my total storage is 750.  (I'm only level 21) So that's how I'm going over capacity in 1 harvest.  and I can see it happening to others - especially if they had already used humus or a co-op boost. on something.
    The only way to fix this issue is to increase your storage to over 780, so if your level is too low to upgrade your barns you can either upgrade your farmhouse, upgrade your roadrunner farm machine or wait until you are high enough level to upgrade your barns and then you will be able to harvest your apple orchard.

I appreciate the suggestions, but at level 21, I am 3 levels until I can upgrade the farmhouse again, 10 levels until I can upgrade the barns, and have absolutely no idea how long it will take to get to the Road Runner machine in the garage as I just unlocked the earth breaker machine.  And I can't expand my farm for another 2 levels which would at least allow me room to create yet another orchard.  I work 50-60 hour weeks so can't spend the time at this that some of you all seem to. Leveling up takes me awhile.  And if somehow the orchard gets 'gifted' again, it could take even more levels to get enough storage to harvest it

But I figure at worst, if support can't simply remove the gift for me, in 13 days, the event ends and the 'gift' should go away on its own, yes?

I appreciate the suggestions, but at level 21, I am 3 levels until I can upgrade the farmhouse again, 10 levels until I can upgrade the barns, and have absolutely no idea how long it will take to get to the Road Runner machine in the garage as I just unlocked the earth breaker machine.  And I can't expand my farm for another 2 levels which would at least allow me room to create yet another orchard.  I work 50-60 hour weeks so can't spend the time at this that some of you all seem to. Leveling up takes me awhile.  And if somehow the orchard gets 'gifted' again, it could take even more levels to get enough storage to harvest it

But I figure at worst, if support can't simply remove the gift for me, in 13 days, the event ends and the 'gift' should go away on its own, yes?

I don't think the extra apples will go away.  I hope someone can help you ASAP.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• qewt (US1)qewt (US1) Posts: 145
    edited 12.03.2018

unfortunately not. I know of two players who have kept the leprechaun charm from last year.

I do not know WHY they haven't collected the charmed building all year, because I know both have been online and playing, but the charm does not go away on its own.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) Posts: 784
    edited 14.03.2018

I believe the gift will not go away on its own, however if you are 3 levels away from upgrading your farmhouse that will be the best option to fix the issue. Unfortunately you will not be able to harvest your apple orchard until then.  :(

Support will probably take a long time to answer this request, the best solution is most likely the one I mentioned above.
    Post edited by ninjahuman (AU1) on
    ninjahuman @ au 1

Click here if you looking for an active cooperative on the AU1 server.
    When this happened to someone else last year, I believe one of the mods either had a work-around or was able to get someone to fix it. Someone else is having the same issue with their distillery after being "treated" by the leprechaun. I'm not sure why they didn't make this feature work exactly like sparkling.

• I got pranked 5 times in a row..... I'm figuring it was a glitchy thing ... so I cleared the cache, and then I was able to get the gold clovers, instead of the prank.
    SandraFarmGirl @ us 1
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,591
    I think GGS want us to use gold to jump levels or for myself buy the spacious barns + upgrade to highest level which is not cheap, I have been playing 4 years with normal barns so not changing now + if it cannot be fixed will demolish my distiller before spending money on this game :#

• From reading other posts in this forum, I'm lead to believe the same or similar issue existed in last years event.

Strange that it would still be present in this event!!

Has there been any follow up on this issue?

aussie_mark @ au 1
  • Does the leprechaun give anything else other than a prank from the 3 cauldrons?
  • Does the leprechaun give anything else other than a prank from the 3 cauldrons?
    Yes.  Pranks, treats, gold, golden clovers.  That's what I've seen so far.

• Well, the only suggestion that worked was to level up to #24 as fast as possible and upgrade my main house. Got to 24 last night and upgraded overnight.  Which gave me an extra 50 storage which was JUST enough to be able to harvest the apple orchard.  Have no idea what I would have done if I had needed even more storage space!

Thank you one and all for your suggestions  I may be fairly new to this but I know to read the forums anytime I have an issue.  <3
  • Yes I got a treat right after I posted that... 1400 apples
  • WascallyWabbitWascallyWabbit Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 4,572
    The team are aware of this issue,  though I am not sure that they know the leprechaun is gifting the same building twice, so I will pass that on, because they should be able to stop that. - But the storage problem can occur even with 1 gift. In most cases it is just a storage upgrade that is required, but if you have no upgrade available & get no reply from support, send a PM to me or one of the other mods.

qewt (US1) said:
    unfortunately not. I know of two players who have kept the leprechaun charm from last year.

I do not know WHY they haven't collected the charmed building all year, because I know both have been online and playing, but the charm does not go away on its own.
    @qewt (US1) Please can you send me their names in PM. Thankyou.

Community Guidelines | GGS TOS | How to Clear your Cache |  Click to Contact Support

"I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions!" - Caine

• The Leprechaun seems to be missing from my gourmet farm.  This is the second time on gourmet he is definitely NOT there!  Is not in any of the designated spots he should be and have gone over every square inch.  Another fault?
    The Leprechaun seems to be missing from my gourmet farm.  This is the second time on gourmet he is definitely NOT there!  Is not in any of the designated spots he should be and have gone over every square inch.  Another fault?
    Sometimes you might have to log out and back in and refresh the page several times. I'm so frustrated this year, I just click on the pranked whatever and move on if I can't find him right away.

• Hi, I have 2 sparkle gift, one on my cabbage, and one on my duck pond. When I try to collect it give me the error, I cant collect them   Should I send support ticket or will the error go away when the event finish????? :(

• You could sell the amount needed through management screen. This works when sell window doesn't pop up automatically for me. If the management window doesn't sell, clear cache doesn't help, you could ask support, with all details possible.

White _Doves @ us 1           Designed & made by  farmerjohn 22 US1
  • I think the problem is when the amount of the harvest is bigger than your total storage capacity, even if your storage is empty.
  • In the finish the Leprechaun pranked my composter on my GF, I didn't bother finding him for the rest of the event and just left it on the composter... no more pranks
Sign In to comment.