Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hard worker event level groups - ⏳154

ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
edited 23.04.2018 in Suggestions
Looking at the level groups currently (19-30, 31-64 & 65-999), the first two look fair but I am not sure that it is a good decision to have level 65 players compete against level 300+ players. Could you please consider splitting those level groups up into at least three more level groups like the cooperative hard worker event (65-99, 100-149 & 150-999) currently has? It would give those players a better chance to compete against players with similar levels and farms.
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• level 65-999 in one group is really unfair.. split this too into smaller groups, like 65-100, then 101-150 etc
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    level 65-999 in one group is really unfair.. split this too into smaller groups, like 65-100, then 101-150 etc
    We've been asking.  This really needs to be done.  
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    In the big picture what does it really matter you are earning yr pnts getting the prizes unless this is about being in the top 50. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    In the big picture what does it really matter you are earning yr pnts getting the prizes unless this is about being in the top 50. 
    Yes, indeed it's about being in the top 50.  As it stands now, most of us level 65-150 or so don't even have a reasonable chance.  Plus the difficulty level of each group is different -- so it's a dawdle for those 200 and up, for example, and damn near impossible for those at 66.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I have never worried about being in the top 50 and never will unless I fall into a pot of gold and am too sick to travel but good luck to all you ambitious farmers who strive.
  • injustice injustice.. big injustice........ hardwork event groups..... big injustice.. for fishing hardwork  56-999 same group.... 
  • Ironheart (NL1)Ironheart (NL1) NL1 Posts: 57
    Its all about $$$
  • suggestion for group
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    I second this, being pitted against players I have no hope of competing with takes the fun out of the game as there is no competition...
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 25.02.2018
    @ninjahuman (AU1)
    Yep, I agree, its in need of an update. :#

(19-30)  (31-64)  (65-99)  (100-149)  (150-999)

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I do not think it is fair to group 150 -999.  I cannot even buy any new land expansions until level 155.  I think it should be '150 - last piece of land expansion' and then  'last piece of land expansion +1  - 999'

It is not fair if I have restrictions of buying land to put me in a group with higher XP levels that already have the land available.   

PS. Does anyone know what level is required for the last piece of land expansion on the Main farm?   and the Gourmet farm?
  • Looking at the level groups currently (19-30, 31-64 & 65-999), the first two look fair but I am not sure that it is a good decision to have level 65 players compete against level 300+ players. Could you please consider splitting those level groups up into at least three more level groups like the cooperative hard worker event (65-99, 100-149 & 150-999) currently has? It would give those players a better chance to compete against players with similar levels and farms.
    Yes, I agree...... That would fun to compete, normally I don't play HWE as I play CHWE as I know its too hard or Imppossible to be in top 50 in HWE
  • I agree.

I don't understand why this has not been fixed yet. I'm not level 65 yet, (because I'm purposefully leveling up as slow as I humanly can for this reason exactly), but all too soon I will be.

How is it fair for a level 65 to compete against a level 795? I understand that there aren't that many players in those ridiculously high levels, but surely one more grouping can be fit in there?

Of course it only matters if you're aiming to rank in the top 50... but that's exactly the problem, most of us are aiming for exactly that. Because, let's face it, unless you spend buckets of gold or play every waking moment of the day and night, the gold licenses (as the last hard work reward) are next to impossible to reach. So of course we aim for the top 50 rank instead. Except, we'll never reach that either if there is a difference of 100s of levels between you and the player above you.

Competition makes the game fun, the sense of victory as you fight your way through the ranks...... You know what's not fun? Being stuck in one spot with no hope of passing it no matter what you do. And that is what this is.

In my current group I have reached rank 50 twice before, and dozens of times I've come close to it but didn't quite make it. This is fine with me because there's hope. There's a sense of "OK, so I didn't get it this time, next time I will"

Level 65-999? Forget it. I'll never play HWE once I'm in that group. What's the point? 
  • I hit level 65 just a few days before the latest HW event, and all of a sudden I couldn't even make it in the top 150, before I finished several times in the top 25.  The same thing is happening in this.  I seem to be hitting the same wall on the WWC, I never had a problem being in the top 50, but now I am at 150 and can't budge.  I am not a gold user so that may be a problem.
  • chbamb (US1)chbamb (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    Would like to add my 2 cents worth to this discussion regarding the fishing hard worker event. I am in the 56-999 fishing level group. I am fishing level 64. My fleet is comprised of wherries and skip jacks. I have one trawler. My fishing dock is level 4 and my overall farm level is 79. If I understand it correctly, the group I have been assigned to is based on my fishing level.

I would like to recommend, for the FHWE, that the groupings be assigned by dock level.

I won every boat in my fleet and until the last FHWE, I always placed in the top 50. Now, I can't even place in the top 100. I am earning 10 points per second for hours currently and it's no good. I earned a bonus point from the previous fish but in doing so, I went from hours to minutes to collect the 11 points per second. I have problems with that, too, but that's another post. Anyway, I am very competitive and like finishing in the top 50. I don't see that happening again anytime soon with the current groupings. Just a suggestion.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 07.05.2018
    From Official Announcements:
    "You have no doubt noticed that the HWE currently has the old reward set, with less rewards & easier numbers, as well as the new bonus system - This will mean that, for this run of the event, a lot of you should find it easy to get all of the rewards. - However, this will be adjusted in future, to add back the additional rewards & balance the numbers to take the bonus points into account."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    The +bonus system has been added to the regular HWE, and the announcement for a restructure of the rewards is planned.

Are there any plans to restructure the division brackets based on farm levels??? (level 65--999)
    Level 75--100 farms going up against level 300+ farms is sort of unfair.
    Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
  • GunnyP (US1)GunnyP (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    PLease break up the upper level group 56 -999 this should be at least split.  you are asking players with wherries and skipjacks to compete with players with all trawlers.  at least 56 - 150 and 151 - 999 so apples would be competing with apples, by 150 you should have a bunch of trawlers.  
    I know the goal is getting players to spend gold but think about this.  How many players would spend gold if they thought they had a chance vice those who know they stand no chance even if they spend gold.  I think you would get more spent.  think about it.  
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I have been saying this from the beginning.  EVERYTHING for the dockyard is based on player XP, however levels for the FHWE are based on fishing XP.  A low level player can make a LOT of chum and have a high fishing XP because of it but they cannot buy Trawlers.  While a high level player may have very low fishing XP and own an entire fleet of 14 level 6 Trawlers and be grouped with lower level players making it extremely easy to win.   If upgrades and unlocking boats is based on player XP than the event needs to also be based on player XP.  

I tried to convey this during their live broadcast but they did not seem to understand. 
Sign In to comment.