Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Guide to obtain viking duck coop & other themed stables

ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
edited 07.03.2019 in Tutorials and FAQs
Hello, this is a guide that will help you collect 65 million runestones for the upcoming viking farm to earn the viking duck coop. Please note that this is my first time collecting the themed stable without extra time or happy hour boosters, so there will most likely be improvements that can be made for next time.

The purpose of this guide is to make the themed stable more accessible to most players, the themed duck coops and cowsheds are some of the best improvements your farm can get and they are a hard work reward, so it is possible for anyone to get them if they work hard enough and use a good strategy. Please note that I am trying to keep the amount spent on farm dollars and gold as ideally low as possible, around 300,000,000 farm dollars and 20,000 gold, but these amounts can go up and down, but it is a general idea of how much will be spent. You will also receive 65,000,000 runestones to spend on items of your choice, for example, you can buy about 130 themed houses or 540 tokens or 330 seaweed humus with the runestones.

Also, if you wish to use this guide to complete the three chapters, you can do so, but without skipping the construction.

The completed setup will look something like this:

Temporary seal ponds and a sheep pasture will be built to help complete the chapter tasks when necessary. They will also be demolished when they are no longer needed.

I will be using handbooks, but not the wheel of fortune. So if you choose to use the wheel of fortune, it will be easier for you. These are the handbooks I will be using, which will lower the amount of gold needed each time:

Sardine - Level 1 - 390 gold
Penguin feed - Level 2 - 2,290 gold
Penguin - Level 2 - 2,290 gold
Tree grove - Level 2 - 5,290 gold
Mighty viking helmet - Level 2 - 6,690 gold
Cozy viking coat - Level 1 - 990 gold
Total - 17,940 gold

The first step will be to skip construction of the bank and the farmhouse. Then you can skip a few days of construction, which will lower the amount of gold needed for skipping production by a lot. You will need to ideally have access to penguin pools after a few days so you can produce enough dung for the groves and pasture. I will only be online a few hours after the event starts, so if you would like, you can do this step without me. It is planned to use about 15,000 gold on skipping construction, but this is not a set amount. I would recommend getting the bank and the farmhouse to the highest level and to buy a few expansions and to get at least a few winter fields on them.

This will be updated as the guide goes along, if you have any questions feel free to ask them below.
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    20000 gold is way too much.  Is there a plan to get the maximum amount of runestones without using gold by doing short upgrades during the day and long upgrades overnight?  Is it possible to make helmets using berries or coats using sheep wool without gold?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    20000 gold is way too much.  Is there a plan to get the maximum amount of runestones without using gold by doing short upgrades during the day and long upgrades overnight?  Is it possible to make helmets using berries or coats using sheep wool without gold?
    This can work, but you can't consistently get long upgrades overnight every time. Without using any gold on construction and getting at least a few hours of sleep per day, it will realistically take 15+ days to build the farm and you will not be able to produce enough materials to collect the 65 million runestones in the time left. 20,000 gold is a lot, but remember you can earn 6,000 gold from each cooperative hard worker event and 4,000 gold from each hard worker event and fishing hard worker event, so it is doable if a player desires to do so. But I would say that it is not a good target for most players, due to the high gold cost as you mentioned.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Nice one ninjahuman  :)
    good work :)

but do mention sheep pasture/seal pond as we need seals to complete 2nd chapter 4th task and sheep pasture is not required permanently :) as most do the viking helmets 50 to 60 times to complete 6.5 crore runestones  and coats only 5 times for tasks

but do mention sheep pasture/seal pond as we need seals to complete 2nd chapter 4th task and sheep pasture is not required permanently :) as most do the viking helmets 50 to 60 times to complete 6.5 crore runestones  and coats only 5 times for tasks
    Thanks, the seal ponds will be built temporarily to complete that task as you mentioned. And thank you, that is a good idea to demolish the sheep pasture when it is no longer necessary. :)
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 05.02.2018
    If i may, a non-gold method though much longer time taking option is to save up on wwc coins and then get the themed stables from the trader. Without gold it is utterly impossible to get a candy cow via the candy farm route, but finally, after years of wistfully ogling at candy cows, i could finally trade my coins for pink cows  :D:D mind you it took 2wwc's of coin gathering and resisting the urge to trade coins for pretty skins.
    If i may, a non-gold method though much longer time taking option is to save up on wwc coins and then get the themed stables from the trader. Without gold it is utterly impossible to get a candy cow via the candy farm route, but finally, after years of wistfully ogling at candy cows, i could finally trade my coins for pink cows  :D:D mind you it took 2wwc's of coin gathering and resisting the urge to trade coins for pretty skins.
    I would agree, it is easier to get them from the championship trader. However, if we can get them from the temporary farm instead then we can buy other things with the championship coins or earn them at a faster rate. Thank you for mentioning this, it is a much better option for most players to go down this path.
    edited 05.02.2018
    Yes candy cow is very difficult . But tropical cow and candy cow are same in terms of harvest :)
    I never try for anything more than 3 crore  B) to get 3 gml reward :)

But Viking duck and Tropical cow are easier to get.
    We can make it there with even 10k gold if we can be active , even otherwise 20k gold will do which we can easily save up :)

Viking donkey and tropical pigsties are difficult to get.
    So better to invest wwc coins in those  :) and dont forget about kites if u are a regular cc player  ;)

Thanks, the seal ponds will be built temporarily to complete that task as you mentioned. And thank you, that is a good idea to demolish the sheep pasture when it is no longer necessary. :)
    Welcome @ ninjahuman     :)

edited 06.02.2018
    This is what I have done for the first part of the temporary farm, I added 3 level 4 winter fields, a level 3 stone mill, some houses and a few penguin pools. It cost 20,490,000 farm dollars and 14,836 gold.

After this, I will upgrade the fence, gate and the level 1 house in the left corner. I will then try to build a few more houses (due to the fact that the running costs of the farm will not go too high at the moment, it is acceptable to have a lower happiness temporarily for the moment) so we can build an extra few penguin pools and maybe the silo soon.

I would also recommend growing sardines in your winter fields to start producing penguin feed for your penguin pools so you can start collecting dung as soon as possible. Once you have enough feed, I would grow some flax to give to the workshop to complete the Chapter 1:1 task. I would not recommend taking the stone mill higher than level 3 since that will be able to produce feed fast enough for your penguin pools and the workers can be used in other buildings instead.

Resources spend after day 1:
    37,990,000 farm dollars
    14,836 gold
    Post edited by ninjahuman (AU1) on
    edited 07.02.2018
    This is what I had after the first day was completed:

Due to the length of the upgrade, the silo was left overnight. It is a good idea to upgrade the silo overnight next time too, then you can start producing a lot of fertiliser to feed the groves. Keep expanding slowly and building up the houses, you can also add other decorations when necessary if your happiness gets a bit too low. Perhaps also work towards a tree grove so you can start producing wood as soon as possible.

Resources spend after day 2:
    52,990,000 farm dollars
    14,836 gold
    It is much easier to get 6000 WWC championship coins than to get 20000 gold and play all day.  
    It is much easier to get 6000 WWC championship coins than to get 20000 gold and play all day.  
    It depends, I worked extremely hard for 4 weeks and I only received about 5,500 championship coins. But I can get 20,000 gold without too much difficulty from the hard work events and the viking farm will not require you to be online all day, you simply need to be online when something is ready to harvest or to when something finishes upgrading. So in my circumstance, it is easier to get it from the viking farm then the championship trader. But I know many players will not be able to be active enough to get it, so the championship trader will be a better alternative for them.
    It depends, I worked extremely hard for 4 weeks and I only received about 5,500 championship coins. But I can get 20,000 gold without too much difficulty from the hard work events and the viking farm will not require you to be online all day, you simply need to be online when something is ready to harvest or to when something finishes upgrading. So in my circumstance, it is easier to get it from the viking farm then the championship trader. But I know many players will not be able to be active enough to get it, so the championship trader will be a better alternative for them.
    I get about 2000 coins in the 4 weeks, and I get gold mining licenses in fishing HWE.  The timers on the regular HWE is too short and requires too much play time.  I play 1-3 times a day currently at level 82.  Very few players get to level 200 and up.  It is a long term reward because it has a great increase in production for the same workers, space, and feed cost.  
    edited 08.02.2018
    This is what I had done after the second day:

Once the silo is finished upgrading, I would take the tree grove to level 4 and try to start producing at least some wood as soon as possible. The fields, as mentioned above, should still be producing mostly sardines to help produce feed for the penguins. It can also be a good idea to add a composter and a few more penguin pools if you can get the space. Then I would say you can work towards a second tree grove.

Resources spent after day 3:
    73,990,000 farm dollars
    14,836 gold
    I get about 2000 coins in the 4 weeks, and I get gold mining licenses in fishing HWE.  The timers on the regular HWE is too short and requires too much play time.  I play 1-3 times a day currently at level 82.  Very few players get to level 200 and up.  It is a long term reward because it has a great increase in production for the same workers, space, and feed cost.  
    I think the main difference between our gold amount is that I get the gold mining licenses from every hard worker event, fishing hard worker event and cooperative hard worker event, while you only get it from the fishing hard worker event. Also, as you mentioned, it will require a reasonably high amount of activity to keep the gold usage at a reasonably low amount.

Yes, the viking duck coop does give a larger benefit, although it does not take up the same space, it takes up a 4x6 size instead of a 6x8 size like the normal duck coops.
    edited 10.02.2018
    This is what I had after the third day was completed:

I will most likely upgrade the tree grove as high as possible, then I will try to upgrade the viking workshop for the chapter 1:4 task, to collect rustic viking tankards and flax. Keep upgrading and building new houses, expanding and placing decorations as necessary, preferably pine forest decorations.

Resources spend after day 4:
    94,990,000 farm dollars
    14,836 gold
    edited 11.02.2018
    This is what I had after the fourth day was completed:

I would now upgrade the houses, buy another expansion and try to start building a berry grove. And keep upgrading the houses so once the chapter 1:4 task is completed, we can upgrade the viking workshop again.

Resources spend after day 5:
    117,490,000 farm dollars
    14,836 gold
    edited 13.02.2018
    This is what I had after the fifth day was completed:

Today I would upgrade the viking workshop, then we can upgrade the houses and try to expand a bit more so we can start putting more orchards down. The sooner we can get the viking workshop to level 3, the sooner we can start producing mighty viking helmets. Start thinking about keeping some spare space for when you need temporary seal pools for the chapter tasks.

Resources spend after day 6:
    127,490,000 farm dollars
    14,836 gold
    edited 13.02.2018
    This is what I had after the sixth day was completed:

As you can see, it is slowly coming together. I would try to start building another tree grove now and start producing mighty viking helmets once you have the level 3 viking workshop. Also think about another berry grove to get through the chapter tasks quickly and space and workers for the seal ponds.

Resources spend after day 7:
    147,490,000 farm dollars
    14,848 gold
    edited 14.02.2018
    This is what I had after the seventh day was completed:

I am on chapter 2:2 so you can start producing rustic viking tankards to complete the task. After that, you can produce some mighty viking helmets, but make sure to have enough materials in your inventory to complete chapter 2:4 task when necessary. I would recommend that you would next build another berry grove to make the next task much quicker. Now there is a lot of emphasis on the bank, keep exchanging snow dollars constantly so you will be able to expand quicker.

Resources spend after day 8:
    167,490,000 farm dollars
    14,848 gold
    edited 14.02.2018
    This is what I had after the eighth day was completed:

We can add another pine forest and upgrade the last two houses, then keep exchanging until you can afford the next expansion and plan to add temporary seal pools in the near future.

Resources spend after day 9:
    189,990,000 farm dollars
    14,848 gold
    edited 15.02.2018
    This is what I had after the ninth day was completed:

Today I will finish upgrading the level 2 tree grove to level 4, then you can remove one of the winter fields since you should have a large amount of excess penguin feed and sardines. Then add either 2 level 1 seal pools or a level 3 seal pool and have them ready to harvest for the task to collect seals tomorrow.

Resources spend after day 10:
    209,990,000 farm dollars
    14,935 gold
    edited 15.02.2018
    This is what I had after the tenth day:

Now that we have bought the last expansion, we can upgrade the composter and add another penguin pool, then we will have to wait until the chapter tasks that requires seals is complete. We won't be able to add another tree grove or upgrade the viking workshop until the seal pool task is complete, so it is best to wait until then. You will also most likely need to skip some mighty viking helmet production, so the cheapest way to do this is to begin production and collect three per day as soon as they are ready, then when you go to bed skip the fourth one with gold. I did this yesterday and I saved 153 gold for doing it once, so as you can see it is very useful to do it this way.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    I understand this is meant to be a guide to help players, but providing such information in plain view for GGS to see is also giving GGS developers the means and know-how of where to make necessary changes to make tasks harder for the player to achieve.

I remember a similar guide was posted here in our forums on how to complete the temp farms in X amount of days without using gold.   GGS response: shorten the amount of days of the event.

Another prime example:  When the DSF first arrived many posted on the forums how they were earning X amount of dollars in just 1 day.   And you already know how GGS responded.

There are times when you have a good thing going, best to keep it secret, keep it safe.
    Just my opinion. :|
    I understand this is meant to be a guide to help players, but providing such information in plain view for GGS to see is also giving GGS developers the means and know-how of where to make necessary changes to make tasks harder for the player to achieve.

I remember a similar guide was posted here in our forums on how to complete the temp farms in X amount of days without using gold.   GGS response: shorten the amount of days of the event.

Another prime example:  When the DSF first arrived many posted on the forums how they were earning X amount of dollars in just 1 day.   And you already know how GGS responded.

There are times when you have a good thing going, best to keep it secret, keep it safe.
    Just my opinion. :|
    I am unsure why they would increase the difficulty to obtain the viking duck coop when it is already incredibly difficult to collect it. I would have spent over 15,000 gold and about 300,000,000 farm dollars to collect it and I was very active as well. Many players would not be as active and would have to spend more gold to get it.

Regarding the deep sea fishing, I think we can agree that it was a bit ridiculous to be able to earn over 150 million farm dollars per day, so then hard work is no longer necessary to collect the farm dollars to build your farm.
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 16.02.2018
    just thought I would chime in.

I have been following this thread, and find it very useful, so Thank You ninjahuman for taking the time to screencap your farm and post it here everyday!

I am always worried sharing info on the forums for the fear that GGS will interfere negatively, on the other hand I am always confident that when I want something changed my words will go unheard.

I don't want to give GGS too much credit, but I will agree with ninjahuman that this guide shows it is sufficiently difficult and GGs wont interfere. The big prize is, afterall, a single viking duck coop, hardly worth all that effort and 15-20k gold as well!

on the deepsea fishing area, however, I would have to disagree with ninjahuman when he says 150mil is too much to make in a single day.

I cant find the player now, but there is someone on this forum with a signature that shows how much $ it takes to upgrade the farm lab, and the math shows it would take something like 80 years..

so if players take 80 years to upgrade their farm labs because of how much farm dollars it takes, HOW exactly is it that we were making "too much money"... btw, the math was for $5mil per day, so at $150mil per day it would still take almost 3 years to upgrade JUST the farm lab. 

edit: that includes no other upgrades, land slots, boosters during events, running temp farms, events that require donations, or anything else that requires $. It adds up quickly. I should say that $150mil per day is rather reasonable!

edit: I agree with ninjahuman that the fishing area should not be the only decent way of making money, but even with the rebalance it is still the best way, in my opinion the farms should be more profitable. reducing the prices is always an alternative to increasing profits but in my mind that's an equivalent to semantics, it doesn't matter either way. I disagree with rocky123 when he says "why would I need a level 100 farm lab", the question should be, if I do not need such a building, "why do they have a building we do not need"?
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on

I have been following this thread, and find it very useful, so Thank You ninjahuman for taking the time to screencap your farm and post it here everyday!

I am always worried sharing info on the forums for the fear that GGS will interfere negatively, on the other hand I am always confident that when I want something changed my words will go unheard.

I don't want to give GGS too much credit, but I will agree with ninjahuman that this guide shows it is sufficiently difficult and GGs wont interfere. The big prize is, afterall, a single viking duck coop, hardly worth all that effort and 15-20k gold as well!

on the deepsea fishing area, however, I would have to disagree with ninjahuman when he says 150mil is too much to make in a single day.

I cant find the player now, but there is someone on this forum with a signature that shows how much $ it takes to upgrade the farm lab, and the math shows it would take something like 80 years..

so if players take 80 years to upgrade their farm labs because of how much farm dollars it takes, HOW exactly is it that we were making "too much money"... btw, the math was for $5mil per day, so at $150mil per day it would still take almost 3 years to upgrade JUST the farm lab.
    Thanks, it is nice to be able to point players in the right direction and to help them decide if they think the costs and effort is worth it, which most players will not.

The issue with that scenario is not our income, but the upgrade price of the building itself. If you increase the amount of dollars you earn from the dockyard, it will fix the upgrade prices with the laboratory, matilda's academy and lester's stash, but it will also not only make the other parts of your farm unimportant for earning money, but it will remove any challenge to earn the farm dollars to upgrade your farm.

So lowering the upgrade prices for those buildings will be a better decision to make them more reasonably achievable. But keep in mind, they should not be cheap because the higher levels become extremely powerful compared to other buildings or upgrades.
    edited 16.02.2018

edit: that includes no other upgrades, land slots, boosters during events, running temp farms, events that require donations, or anything else that requires $. It adds up quickly. I should say that $150mil per day is rather reasonable!

Why would u need farm lab at level 100 :)
    Level 25 is enough for making tokens currently the biggest thing in the game with the wwc wof running .
    Or level 30 is enough too to make golden mbs .

GGS has to increase amount of catalysers we get .
    I have my lab at level 25 but not of much use at generating tokens because of the poor rate of getting catalysers  :( .

Btw Keep going ninjahuman :)

edited 19.02.2018

Why would u need farm lab at level 100 :)
    Level 25 is enough for making tokens currently the biggest thing in the game with the wwc wof running .
    Or level 30 is enough too to make golden mbs .

GGS has to increase amount of catalysers we get .
    I have my lab at level 25 but not of much use at generating tokens because of the poor rate of getting catalysers  :( .

Btw Keep going ninjahuman :)

Having a level 100 laboratory by itself is not much better than a level 50 laboratory by itself, because the higher upgrades use fewer materials so you can run the same recipe on multiple high level laboratories at once.

Yes, the token and gold mystery box recipes are very nice, I plan to get a laboratory to level 30 eventually so I can make use of them.  :)

Thanks, I added a level 1 house, two more penguin pools and upgraded the composter to level 4. I haven't upgraded the fence or gate since the happiness is still ok and it takes nearly a day each, so I will use the time to work on my other farms until the seal pool is no longer necessary.  :)

Resources spend after day 11:
    227,490,000 farm dollars
    14,935 gold

Resources spend after day 12:
    242,490,000 farm dollars
    14,935 gold

I will not be updating how many farm dollars and gold is spent after every day now due to the fact that the bank can easily keep up with production costs, so I will mention how much of each resource has been spent at the end. You should have a level 4 workshop by now, you just need to harvest everything frequently, produce mighty viking helmets whenever possible and build a level 4 sheep pasture and produce cozy viking coats when necessary to complete the chapter tasks and you will get the viking duck coop.
    edited 22.02.2018
    Now this is the viking farm after the level 4 sheep pasture has been added, I also showed you the happiness so you can see the production costs:

Once you have completed the chapter 3 tasks, you can either just leave the sheep pasture there or you can demolish it to lower the production costs of the other parts of the farm.

And as mentioned above, all you need to do is to harvest regularly and keep producing 3 or 4 mighty viking helmets per day and you will be able to collect the viking duck coop.

And I will probably use the wheel of fortune now to try and get a few viking goat stables, since it will not speed up the development of the farm and it will not have a significant advantage on the farm.
    edited 03.03.2018
    I have now collected 65 million runestones and now have the viking duck coop, as you can see below. Only 279,990,000 farm dollars and 15,408 gold was needed and I am certain that this amount can be lowered even further.

Thank you to everyone for helping support this guide and especially to @Rocky123 (IN1) for all their useful advice. If you have any more questions or would like to suggest something I could have done differently, please ask below.
Sign In to comment.