Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 31st - Chinese New Year + Compensation and more! - Discussion

Comments

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    In the morning, keep spinning the wheel using dollars until you get the zodiac needed for the hard work reward or choose the zodiac and use 290 gold if you have lots of gold.  Find the fireworks time on the right side of the forum and wait until fireworks start.  Harvesting 2 fields of sunflowers or 3 cherry orchards is enough to complete all 20 rewards.  You can use seaweed humus for the sunflowers or seaweed fertilizer for the cherries.  Collecting cow feed, fertilizer, and humus on the main farm during fireworks produces lots of chips for all 12 types.  You should also harvest more snake chips because it requires a lot of it and gives the most happiness when completed.  
    there is a much better and less costly way of completing each day - does cost a little bit of gold but not as much as the 290 per spin where the quantity seems to be stuck on 4
  • I've got a different problem with the CNY.  I have 104% of the ox chips but no warming candles - is it another bug/glitch/error whatever its called this week!  

I'm not worrying about the fireworks or using gold for this event - if it happens, it happens, if not, well not ........ I've spent so many times getting frustrated by things going wrong its just not worth it.  Yes, of course I've worked hard and I want the deco. to be perfect as a result, but I think I've given up expecting stuff to work now.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    Are you sure, its the warming candels you are missing? There are namely many kinds of candels around the dog: the warming candels are the ones nearest to the dog (below his feet). Besides warming candels, you also have stone lamps (monkey), floating laterns (goat), and of course  sky laterns (horse).

Mine candels are working o.k.

• Didi1Farm (NL1)Didi1Farm (NL1) Posts: 8
    edited 22.02.2018

The last time listed for fireworks is Thursday 07:00 - 07:20

It is now Thursday 10:14  
    Therefore , when is the next one???
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    The times are posted every day at around 11:00  AM  CET, as has just happened.
    https://twitter.com/GoodgameBigFarm

• connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    edited 22.02.2018
    The zodiacs snakes and dragons are nearly impossible to obtain. Today's rewards were for snakes and I won all 20 of them along with spending 2k in gold boosters for snakes to still be at 20%.  Why are some of them easier to get and others not as much. My ox and rats are well over 100% and I'm still receiving those. 
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    we should have the possibility to exchange extra chips 
  • Not sure about the times that are posted for the Fireworks booster...Fireworks started  1.5 hours earlier than posted today and the times for yesterday were not even close to when they happened...world clock and fireworks are a fizzle or maybe you guys need digital clocks and instead of reading hour and minute hands. This is frustrating when we are promised things will improve but sadly it seems they don't.
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    edited 22.02.2018
    Not sure about the times that are posted for the Fireworks booster...Fireworks started  1.5 hours earlier than posted today and the times for yesterday were not even close to when they happened...world clock and fireworks are a fizzle or maybe you guys need digital clocks and instead of reading hour and minute hands. This is frustrating when we are promised things will improve but sadly it seems they don't.
    I didn't have an issue and they have been on time for me. Here is the next time they will begin.
    2:30pm
    4:45pm and 8:45pm These are in the central standard in US
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    wait until fireworks start.  Harvesting 2 fields of sunflowers or 3 cherry orchards is enough to complete all 20 rewards.   

thank you for that info that is a BIG HELP to those not using gold
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    I just got the booster, checked I had 16 mins to go - and then suddenly the booster was gone...- this is really annoying..can't you do anything right....?

• White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 25.02.2018
    I just got the booster, checked I had 16 mins to go - and then suddenly the booster was gone...- this is really annoying..can't you do anything right....?

That is odd, my son and I had the fireworks for 40 minutes here, even though the twitter said 20min. Stated 2-2:20 a.m. CET.
    Post edited by White _Doves (US1) on
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Refreshing the game might help to clear 'ghost' time.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The snake required harvesting sunflowers 40 times with the fireworks and snake booster from spinning the wheel.  Each spin requires 200000 dollars and requires spinning about 25 times to get a snake booster.  Each sunflower gave at least 630 snake chips.  
    The zodiacs snakes and dragons are nearly impossible to obtain. Today's rewards were for snakes and I won all 20 of them along with spending 2k in gold boosters for snakes to still be at 20%.  Why are some of them easier to get and others not as much. My ox and rats are well over 100% and I'm still receiving those. 
    I am having the same problem with snakes. All others are done with bonus earned plus I have collected all the 20 rewards for each day and yet even with using gold at fireworks time I still can not get to far with the snakes. 
  • Same issue this year with snakes too. Notice the tiger, rabbit and snakes offer more HP and VHP, and last part of deco, especially the snake with 31hp and 7 vhp. Why I think they are the hardest to fill. I still have those 3 and the dog/pig, those 2 nearly done. 
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    I am having the same problem with snakes. All others are done with bonus earned plus I have collected all the 20 rewards for each day and yet even with using gold at fireworks time I still can not get to far with the snakes. 
    i got them all already, but i tell you, it cost me a lot. to finish the zodiac i spent at least 70-80 thousand of gold and hundreds of millions of farm-dolars. i was spinning the wheel until it gave me what i wanted, and also speeded upproduction of highly profitable crops/goods, also spent gold on deciding zodiac sign on those 4 hardest (snake, rabbit, dragon, tiger). i did that only during fireworks, so i had to catch as many fireworks as possible- tried to be here at least for 4 of them.(i poured into it so much money, because last 2 yrs i didn't get anything valuable for just "being online 24/7"...almost- i slept too)
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246

That is odd, my son and I had the fireworks for 40 minutes here, even though the twitter said 20min. Stated 2-2:20 a.m. CET.
    That is odd indeed...
    Since I have been a bit (!) tired of the game lately, I haven't tried to chase the booster, and wouldn't know if any of the others I might have had, worked as they were supposed to.
    I don't know what to say.....seems like nothing works around here, except for purchasing gold.
  • Fire works doesn't work at told times. Is the time tweeted Indian or German ?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Fire works doesn't work at told times. Is the time tweeted Indian or German ?
    Tweeted CET time (Hamburg time) ... they started at the posted time on the US server, but didn't last the hour as was posted.
    My fireworks said it was started and the clock was counting down but I was jipped of the firework bonus. They did not appear over the event like normally and I got no bonus when collecting.
    Spend gold on snakes and started to harvest sunflower when I realized I was not getting the bonus. Double checked and the clock was up and running so I looked at event and nothing.

Can we have 1 event that works right????
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Fire works doesn't work at told times. (...)
    they started (...) but didn't last the hour as was posted.
    I too can confirm this, fireworks not working as tweeted today on uk1 server, certainly not for a full hour (i didnt note what time they stopped)
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    edited 01.03.2018

Snakes aren't going to happen for me. During the fireworks, I spent gold twice on snake boosters, used over 300 seaweed humus on sunflowers, and several thousand each of seaweed feed and fertilizers but I only made it to 60%. I'm well over 100% on the rest. There's no way I'm going to make up the last 40% in 2 days.

Post edited by woodenskull (US1) on
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    i got them all already, but i tell you, it cost me a lot. to finish the zodiac i spent at least 70-80 thousand of gold and hundreds of millions of farm-dolars. i was spinning the wheel until it gave me what i wanted, and also speeded upproduction of highly profitable crops/goods, also spent gold on deciding zodiac sign on those 4 hardest (snake, rabbit, dragon, tiger). i did that only during fireworks, so i had to catch as many fireworks as possible- tried to be here at least for 4 of them.(i poured into it so much money, because last 2 yrs i didn't get anything valuable for just "being online 24/7"...almost- i slept too)
    I finished all zodiacs on day 5 using 30 sunflower seeds, 30 seaweed humus, and 20 million dollars.  The big problem is my bonus happiness is stuck at 26 even when collecting more than 20000 more zodiac chips.  After collecting 2000 rat chips, the amount is still stuck at 130%.  
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    @dchen1 (US1)
    It has been said before by another player, but your bonus is capped at 26 if you are level 80-99.
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/chinese_new_year/chinese_new_year.htm

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    And THIS is why I really don't care for this whole event.

1.  TOO MUCH FLYING JUNK out of everything.  It's in the way.  Especially when the CC is going at the same time, too much flying junk….  PLEASE put it all off to the side somewhere.  This can't be such a hard request.

2.  SInce this event will be over in 4 or 5 or so hours and I won't be on again, this is what I "win."  
    A HUGE ugly piece of deco with virtually no value in happiness what so ever.   It will never be placed.
    I wish I could opt out of this whole thing and NOT have to even look at it.
    See screenshot…. TWO animals filled, the rest?  NO flipping way.

One small suggestion, 
    see the rat and cow here?  Why not once one is complete, STOP giving more.  Be some incentive to fill them quick if it might increase the chances of say snake there, of actually moving the bar.  Not that it would be enough to finish it.    Does anyone actually finish that?   How many hours on this game does that require?

Lastly, I did see a few posts some people don't like the streamer flags.  Well I actually kinda do.  BUT I wish we were given the option to pick what we want, not just win one.   I actually never noticed winning.  Just wanted to change out my christmas flag and spotted it in my inventory.  NO clue when I won that or for what.
    I have quite a few bits of decor I never realized I won.   With all the nonsense that blasts up in our faces right as we log in and randomly during play, ya think "hey you won this…." might be one of them?
    If it was, I click all that garbage off so fast I never caught it.

Another element that really needs to be OFF TO THE SIDE.   Let US decided if and when to go look.
    I can say this much, it would get looked at if I could do it AFTER I play.
    @Artmaker (GB1)

See the blue spots on the circles of your rat and cow? As you continue to collect those chips, the bars will increase, which will give you bonus happiness points (in theory). LOL!

As for the streamers, they are pretty, but practically invisible when placed.  Like the horse trophies, they are too thin and delicate to make much of an impact against the background.

And finally, people do finish this thing. Although, what I want to know is how are we supposed to make up the hours (and in some cases, almost a full day) that were lost when the event reset at midnight the first day?  Supposedly, we were given the activity rewards for the first day, but that doesn't make up for the chips we would have collected during that time.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    This is my personal opinion: the new little "flags" for this event, you know the animal heads with streamers hanging down is just a bit gruesome, too reminiscent of the movie "The Godfather".  There was a scene in that movie where this guy found his favorite horse's head with blood streaming down laying in his bed.  It was gross!  I hope no one is offended.  So if you like those flags, more power to you.  Enjoy them!  o:)
    LOL!

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    This is my personal opinion: the new little "flags" for this event, you know the animal heads with streamers hanging down is just a bit gruesome,(..)
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is a bit creeped out by those flags!

Sign In to comment.