Home Suggestions

Get rid of Premium Humus

qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
I have a lot of ideas and suggestions for Big Farm, I can write pages, and maybe I'll post a master page with all my ideas in an appropriate thread one day. But, I'll keep this one simple and not clutter it up.

Get rid of Premium Humus.

Premium Humus offers no real advantage over regular humus. To shelf a rutabaga mission with 5x fields on your farm you need 2x rutabaga SS and 2x humus or 2x premium humus, it doesn't matter (to shelf with 10x fields you need 4x). To shelf a corn mission you need 5x normal corn seeds and 1x special with 1x humus or premium humus, it doesn't matter.

The tractor and farm lab should allow you to make super humus instead of premium humus. Players supply of premium humus should be made into super humus on a 1:1 ratio when the change is made.

If I'm missing the point of premium humus let me know, it seems like it may have been useful in the past but now is obsolete. I know there is no upper supply limit on premium humus and there is on regular humus, but that's hardly justification for two separate types of humus in my mind.

Comments

• You get star points with premium (blue) humus when you use it.. that is why i am still converting 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,514
    edited 16.01.2018
    I use it during missions when I want to boost my count, but don't want to waste seaweed or super humus.  It's useful to me.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

Premium Humus offers no real advantage over regular humus.

Regular humus: +50% more product

Premium (blue) humus: +60% more product, +100 XP (experience points)

"By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third, by experience, which is the bitterest."  
    --Confucius
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 16.01.2018

"real advantage" what does +10% actually do for you? you cannot shelf missions any faster, you do not get points in the HWE any faster, it is a non-bonus.

I'm not trying to argue, I just don't see what +10% actually does in this game? I do not think, either, that experience points, or no supply limit, warrant two separate humus types.

Thank you for your response. Hope you are having a great day.

EDIT: @artful (US1) , you use it when you don't want to use super or seaweed, sure, but is it really useful to you? What I mean is, if you used regular humus instead of premium, in those instances, is it really a detriment? at all?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,514

"real advantage" what does +10% actually do for you? you cannot shelf missions any faster, you do not get points in the HWE any faster, it is a non-bonus.

I'm not trying to argue, I just don't see what +10% actually does in this game? I do not think, either, that experience points, or no supply limit, warrant two separate humus types.

Thank you for your response. Hope you are having a great day.

EDIT: @artful (US1) , you use it when you don't want to use super or seaweed, sure, but is it really useful to you? What I mean is, if you used regular humus instead of premium, in those instances, is it really a detriment? at all?
    It makes a difference when I'm running neck and neck with someone, and they are out of humus and I'm out of seaweed. 10% can make a huge difference in a mission.  I also run out of regular humus when I'm just running my farm -- I always seem to have more of the premium stuff on hand. Again, 10% can make a big difference when I need to boost edge plants or other crops. I like having the middle ground between regular humus and seaweed (which I use sparingly.) All I'm saying is that it's a valuable resource to me.  

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The advantage of premium humus for me is that you can make an endless amount of it....its not limited to the size of your barns/storage. This is useful on the rare occasions I have maxed out humus storage capacity because I can continue to make it and stock up for the big events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] gizmo22 @ au 1
Sign In to comment.