Home The Chicken Coop

What is your Christmas Eve traditions

SANDRAUser60 (US1)SANDRAUser60 (US1) US1 Posts: 539
edited 24.12.2017 in The Chicken Coop
Have your traditions come from your childhood or newly created..?

Mine  started when we began a family...going to family gatherings, the shopping, cooking, work and then school days.

We started having pizza on Christmas eve, all gathered & all picked their favorite toppings and NO we didn't make them ourselves...lol...we did try that tho, but mom needed a break from all the baking, that she still does today   :) 

So we order out, then when the pizza comes we all grab our favorites go to the living room & watch Christmas movies.

And just before bedtime, Dad reads the CHRISTMAS STORY and we get to open ONE GIFT... and that comes with much anticipation of the morning....with the wonderful sleep of thankfulness   o:) 

So what's yours..?Related image

Comments

• little cate (US1)little cate (US1) US1 Posts: 2,341
    Hey sorry i didn't see this sooner but We go to Our Grandparents house with our cousins on my Mom's side and we gather together and have a good time and open presents that our grandparents gave us and our stockings but one thing we do there is every year the give us gift cards but they will be hidden! And then we will go home about 11:00pm and we will get in bed which i have 3 sisters and we sleep together and my dad reads the Christmas story!

• Barbiecharm (IN1)Barbiecharm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 5,143
    Well  its new years eve. 

❄❄-Charming-❄❄ 

• We have a very different Christmas Eve tradition from most people. The Christmas eve day is pretty normal, until evening(usually around 6 pm) when we open ALL of our gifts. 

On Christmas day, if we have stocking, we open those and we also have a special meal. We also usually spend the christmas with some of our cousins at our grandparents. I love it. 
  • little cate (US1)little cate (US1) US1 Posts: 2,341
    That's a cool tradition JeanGirl (US1) 

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,451
    Christmas is a fluid thing for us now.  Some years, we have the BIG meal on Christmas Eve, then enjoy a good breakfast on the day itself, snacking throughout the day.  Sometimes, we have Christmas Dinner with friends or family.  My new favorite thing is to have the more traditional dinner on Christmas Eve, then all meet up for Chinese (good Chinese, not a buffet) the next day whenever the mood strikes.

We also started saving all our Christmas cards to open on Christmas Day -- endless, sweet little prezzies.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file