Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 13th/14th - New Themed Events and More! - Discussion

Comments

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 13.12.2017
    Yes, the update hasn't been done yet. Better they delay it and get it right.

MODs, perhaps the apology announcement is important enough to send a link to everyone's private message box, bearing in mind many don't go to the forums much. Just a suggestion. :)
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Skins Please!
    What about all the gold, seaweed and charms used.
    I earned 65 points on first decor.. your points don't even come close. 
    This smells of the horse season mess up which has NEVER fixed the stats...
    Those affected by error still lose since you give everyone the rewards for GGS errors even if the won rewards NOT EARNED...
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 13.12.2017
    I thought that there was suppose to have been an update on Wed. 12/13.  Today is Wed 12/13 and it's 5 pm CET Wed 12/13 so it looks to me like there won't be anything done on any of this stuff today during CET time.  Where's the Christmas event and where all the compensationed packages?  I haven't seen anything new added to my supplies and when they are added where will we find all of these items?
    @Grannie Jackie (US1) We have a countdown for an update right now.  :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Update will be in a few minutes.

Personally, I'm happy with getting a free coop apple orchard, it will give me a bit more room to put another fertile field in; I was wondering how I was going to make that happen. :)
  • I thought that there was suppose to have been an update on Wed. 12/13.  Today is Wed 12/13 and it's 5 pm CET Wed 12/13 so it looks to me like there won't be anything done on any of this stuff today during CET time.  Where's the Christmas event and where all the compensationed packages?  I haven't seen anything new added to my supplies and when they are added where will we find all of these items?
    @Grannie Jackie (US1) We have a countdown for an update right now.  :)
    Yea, I saw that.  Thank you.  Wonder how many times they are going to add mins to it.  LOL
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    This just in from CuddlyFoxes..... https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3751292/#Comment_3751292

Looks like we won't get the compensation until tomorrow.  B)
  • Really, I'm happy to get anything that I don't have to pay for.  I don't have much in the funding department so anything that is given to me is really greatly appreciated.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Personally, I'm happy with getting a free coop apple orchard, it will give me a bit more room to put another fertile field in; I was wondering how I was going to make that happen. :)
    *whispering to Rusty*  What's the difference between a coop apple orchard and a regular one?  And does it take only gold to level up or can you use farm dollars?  Thanks.  Signed, Clueless.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 13.12.2017
    Hiya @artful (US1)
    The coop apple orchard is smaller, 6x6 and produces more apples :)

edit: Forgot to mention it cost farm cash to upgrade, same price as normal orchard. The upgrade will take longer though just like all special buildings.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340

*whispering to Rusty*  What's the difference between a coop apple orchard and a regular one?  And does it take only gold to level up or can you use farm dollars?  Thanks.  Signed, Clueless.
    The cooperative apple orchard is 6x6 and gives more apples. Farm cash to upgrade.  I have 9 standing on my farm and 3 in storage, guessing GGS thinks I need 4 in storage.
    Hiya @artful (US1)
    The coop apple orchard is smaller, 6x6 and produces more apples :)
    Thank you, CBF.  Can you upgrade it using dollars?
  • Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    Southern, I would be interested to know how anyone could have spent money on boosters as the tent was broken from the start!
    So if the update is postponed until tomorrow will they take off more than 25% needed produce for Santa's list? 
    Now we will only have 1 day to complete the list, right?
    The co-op apple orchard cost farm cash to upgrade, same price as normal orchard. The upgrade will take longer though just like all special buildings.
  • CM Hunter, Thank you for the apology.    That is appreciated.

I am not sure what you are specifically referring to with a "new production schedule" but, here's a thought....Don't try to do too much too fast.  Those of us who have been around a while (myself 4+ years), REALLY like this game.  Get the basics right, and then move on.  We will stick with you.  Merry Christmas!

Barry
    Grade A Prime
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I for one am very happy with the coop apple orchard we will receive.  I think the skins are quite nice also.

I can see how the top ranking coops would be a bit upset over the compensation package.  They spend a lot of time and money to always have the top spots which I am sure they get plenty of coop apple orchards.  This is a very hard situation for GGS considering the different levels of gold, cash and resources used. 

However, I am certain all the lower ranking coops and those that skip these events altogether are extremely happy!

I do however feel the seaweed humus is quite a bit on the low side.  It takes a minimum of 25 special corn seeds and seaweed humus for just one round of corn in the silo.  For all of those pushing the silo to gain points primarily for their coop this is not fair.  I had absolutely no interest in the silo event when it was merely for individuals and have absolutely no interest now that it is a coop event but play so my coop will get points to qualify for at least one of the top prizes.  These are resources I would not normally use because I would not normally participate.  And to start the event out as a coop event and end it as an individual event deems the resources I used as a waste.  I feel the amount of seaweed humus should be raised a LOT higher. 
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    @Jacc (GB1) I think it depends on which server you played, the CC worked absolutely fine on the NL1 server, untill it was pulled. (the coop HWE didn't)
    I just want to add I'm also very happy with the extra compensation for everyone, especially the free range cow shed & pig sty, would never be able to win those. :)
    And please, now I see people griping about the fact that everyone will get those prizes, not just the usual winners, get a grip people, you get what you would have won, only everyone else will get it as well.
    Try to get into the christmas spirit!
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    My update counter suddenly vanished???? 

Also what is this coop apple orchard thing?   Where and how does one get that?

(If it's part of the debunked and why bring it back christmas mess, nevermind.  They can keep it.) 

(If it's part of the debunked and why bring it back christmas mess, nevermind.  They can keep it.) 
    The coop apple orchard is a prize normally won by higher ranked coops during events.
    It is similar to the regular apple orchard but offers more apples.  It is upgradable with farm cash but has a bit longer build time but is completely worth having for the larger amount of apples and small size of 6 x 6.
  • @Jacc (GB1) I think it depends on which server you played, the CC worked absolutely fine on the NL1 server, untill it was pulled. (the coop HWE didn't)
    I just want to add I'm also very happy with the extra compensation for everyone, especially the free range cow shed & pig sty, would never be able to win those. :)
    And please, now I see people griping about the fact that everyone will get those prizes, not just the usual winners, get a grip people, you get what you would have won, only everyone else will get it as well.
    Try to get into the christmas spirit!
    I know the feeling.  Everything that they are giving as compensation I would never be able to own as I never place high enough in event to even win the lower prizes. Like I've already said; I'm one who is very greatful for any prize compensations, very much appreciated.
    Thank you
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

The coop apple orchard is a prize normally won by higher ranked coops during events.
    It is similar to the regular apple orchard but offers more apples.  It is upgradable with farm cash but has a bit longer build time but is completely worth having for the larger amount of apples and small size of 6 x 6.
    Ok, well the "higher ranking" coops thing is probably why I never saw it.  We aren't and probably never will be.
    I really, above all else, hate the whole competition aspect this game keeps leaning towards.
    I like personal challenges.   Post a prize, give me a list of steps and let ME go after what I want.
    When they do this whole coop thing, it puts pressure on players to "do their part" and pressure on leaders to play scrooge and boot those not working hard enough.
    It's not fun.   There are games designed to be competitions.  The reason I signed up on this one is because I don't care for competitions.  And now this is how this one keeps going.   Very discouraging.
    The co-op apple orchard cost farm cash to upgrade, same price as normal orchard. The upgrade will take longer though just like all special buildings.
    Thank you!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Thank you for the compensations and CM Hunter's post - highly appreciated.
    I too am disappointed in @stevie4 (INT1) 's post.  While I am VERY passionate about this game and most often state my say about what is going on in the game and how I feel about it I have never attacked any of the mods or felt any problems with the game are because of them.  I have indeed been warned by the mods when I have been too overly passionate like when GGS stole my sell button for deep sea fish and all my profits were stuck in inventory.  However, I understand 100% it is their job to make sure the forum does not get out of hand.  It is their job to pass information from us the players to the team at GGS and pass information from the GGS team to us, but it is not their job to fix the bugs, that is the responsibility of the GGS team.  We all want instant answers when something goes wrong, they cannot provide ANY information if they do not have it, so yes, sometimes their IS silence on their part but they cannot control that.
  • SandiOne (US1)SandiOne (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    You are appreciated for all you do!
    Image result for mod appreciation day
  • I am happy with the compensation package because it is better than nothing & complaining does not change a thing........

A new year is right around the corner. I am changing my mindset & approach to this game. I have been around long enough to have some idea of how GGS "fixes" & "compensates."  The whining & complaining is pointless. It just takes away from the small amount of pleasure that I still get from the game, does nothing to help my coop & generally is a waste of time. Continuing on that path only makes me look less than intelligent so I'm done. I will gladly accept what I am given from GGS & when the day comes that I have had enough & am no longer enjoying any facet of this game, I will just stop playing. But this whining & bellyaching accomplishes nothing at all. 

So thanks for the compensation package & wishing all a Merry Holiday Season :)
  • @WascallyWabbit  I don't know if CM Hunter reads it, could you please ask him to take a moment to read message please?

Hi,

First of all I want to say thank you for apologies, that is always a nice change to see Team saying anything. BUT, sorry here will be a long list of stuff, which brought us to that point of life.

1) CM aren't here. Don't say you read and know what is happening. You AREN'T here You are either too afraid or too busy to talk with us. And that is bad and makes a lot of problems in my eyes. I understand that your work is completely different and you have filled schedule with various things. But if one of you would take 1-2 hours a week (set a schedule) and sit for that 1-2 hours in specific topic and answer people's questions, that would already help a lot.

2)We are frustrated, because nobody hears us. When was the last time I heard players saying we want more Co-op's ? They happen ALL the time, in december even twice in 1 week. that is sick. Game is supposed to be a change for us from our life, where we have many responsibilities. And this game turns into a big machine of tons of events happening all the time. you need to SLOW DOWN. Make more breaks between events.

3) Compensation - sorry but that is a joke. It is a fault of a team that Christmas special event broke, other 2 additional event broke. All of them made people lose tons of resources including gold which was bought with money. I myself have earned a deco for first chapter with happiness of 71. 71!!! I spent a lot of time, effort and resources to get it that high. And after over a week of waiting, you tell me I will get a 45 one. WHY DO YOU MAKE COMPENSATIONS worthless? I will fullfil tickets demanding proper compensations as I made screenshots with how many hapiness I really had.

4) Testing - well you've been saying it for whole last year that you want to test more and more so there will be less issues in the game. It worked for first 2 months and then you started adding stuff you never tested before. So sure let's go back to testing, but stick to your words.

5) Planning mode - when is that coming back ?  that was one of best things ever implemented, it broke with one of updates and you never cared to come back, take time and fix it. Same as with Christmas Event.

6) LESS EVENTS. Make 1 Co-op championships a month lasting 5 days. Make 2 Hard-working events a month - one normal and one with fishes. Give us time to live and enjoy the game for goddness sake. When I started the game there was Co-op championship once per 2-3 months, now there is one each week almost. There is often 4-6 events running, sometimes even more, that is sick and unbearable for most of people.

And I know you need to have income, but trust me, people won't keep spending money on the game which don't listen to players, which gives broken content and which can't even give compensasions equal to effort done by players and their resources spent.

I really hope you will read it and answer me in any way.

Magic

• bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    That was exciting, just had an update & nothing new arrived, no compo package, no Christmas Tree, Oh McGoo you've done it again
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 13.12.2017
    I  cannot harvest

• My white amber became gray, after this update .....
    https://prnt.sc/hn377v

Apology accepted. Thank you...
    I hope that everything will work properly ...

Sign In to comment.