Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 13th/14th - New Themed Events and More! - Discussion

Comments

• Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    on the fair lots you do not see the red van ?
    make a screenshot showing the time and post on a dedicated discussion so that any one with the same pb can tell and mods can bring the info to the CM
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    ahh see the snowman event is back which brought back memories of last year when it was brought back for a 2nd time then due to glitches 
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    ahh see the snowman event is back which brought back memories of last year when it was brought back for a 2nd time then due to glitches 
    Yeah, and I still have not received my snowman I earned on the last one.  NOT even going to start that one, what a waste of time and effort.
  • bandit12 (NL1)bandit12 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 22
    But where is the snow?:-))
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    But where is the snow?:-))
    refresh your game i didn't get snow at first either
  • I would like to politely say that I have an aversion to being dumped on. I don't like it in real life and I particularly don't like it in a game which should be fun. Now, I know my aversion may not be shared by all players and I respect that, but when you start so many different things at the same time, and then we have some big projects going, like the CHWE and the Food Truck, it reminds me of my inconsiderate boss that keeps piling things on even after I am working as fast and as hard as I can. This is not a fun feeling. I want to do well, so I go into overwhelm, which quickly leads to burnout. I know you probably don't really connect game play to work psychology, but it is similar. You have set us many tasks to do at the same time - and you have put a timer on it to add to the stress.

Truthfully, I am not an adrenaline junkie and I don't think the wild rushing around to do too many tasks in too short a time is fun. I am a regular person who wants to play the game and have some quality diversion from my work-a-day life. I am more likely to spend gold if I am pleased and feel I can reach a goal. And I am more likely to turn off my computer and find another diversion if I am stressed and feel I can't possibly do all you ask in the given time. I know you have a question in your survey that asks if we have enough to do, but you don't have a question that asks if there is too much to do at the SAME TIME. For me, this is a big issue. It is inconsiderate to dump on others. We have lives, too, and a game should be fun.

In this instance, there was plenty of time over the last few days when you could have eased us into this or even started the events at a staggered time so we could get one started, and then add in another, but instead, you dumped on us - or at least I feel dumped on. When I opened my computer today, it was like walking into a maelstrom of tasks. That was the opposite of fun. So, today, I will not play your game as much. I need a break from it. Which is sad, because over the last few days, I thought you had finally gotten the hang of it and it was fun again. I do know we are in the WWC, but you see, for a timing game, you have a very bad sense of timing.

Lastly, someone on your team needs to chart all the things we have to do, including normal play things and event things and the supplies available to us - just like any employer should do. You need to be sensitive to your players and ask yourself if the players can do what you ask them to do in the time you have assigned, given the supplies they have. You should be sensitive to whether one task interferes with another task or uses the same field or produce. Perhaps you would like us to use gold to solve the artificial problem of how to grow two different crops on the same land - but irritation is not an incentive, If you want us to use gold to perform, dumping on us is not the way to do it - at least not for players who just want to farm and have fun.  
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree with Kirksa, there is just way too much going on now. It was stated in the GGS video that we can pick and choose the events we wanted to do yet this morning I log into my farm and noticed the Snowman event. I didn't click on it because frankly i'm sick of snowballs at the moment and there is already enough things dropping when I collect on my farms BUT snowballs start dropping from everything anyway and i'm stuck doing this event.

Gameplay is extremely slow and laggy at the moment and now its almost at a standstill because snowballs are dropping along with everything else we already had before this event. I don't know about you but playing a game that takes seconds to respond is very annoying, its no fun at all. One more thing, so now CC is officially on once a week? Where was this announcement? I find it hard to believe its what players wanted and if in fact this is "an event" why do we not get "event points" at the end of it from WWC?
  • gordon3 (US1)gordon3 (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 05.01.2018

EVENT NEW - EVENT NEWS

Hey Everyone,

We think that this is a fairly definite list of Hardworker events for this month, but it is still subject to change if anything unexpected occurs.

CHWE - 4th 23:59 - 8th 23:29
    CC      - 10th 23:59 - 14th 23:39
    HWE   - 14th 23:59 - 18th 12:29
    CC      - 19th 23:59 - 23rd 23:29
    CHWE - 23rd 23:59 - 27th 23:29

And yes, that is the regular non-coop version in the middle there, the one that we have not seen since it was changed. 
    I'd much rather have standard HWE swapping with what it was replaced by, namely Cooperative HWE, instead of canceling Fishing HWE, which is quite relaxed event with GML reward at the end of it. Isn't it typical "friendly" GGS philosophy? Cancel what is good and replace it with what is not so good? Always thinking about money, never about players. I don't feel encouraged to buy more gold. Do you?
  • Having experienced the new Culinary Campaign event, I will gladly exercise my "ability to choose" what I participate in - by ignoring this event from now on. I STRONGLY dislike anything to do with the village, in fact until it was required by this event, I haven't grown any edge crops in months. Sneaky, GGS, finding more ways to force us to play the village. In addition to that, the reward is absolutely not worth all the donations. I have better uses for all those crops, and would much rather sell those supplies for money. Thanks, I'll pass.
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    I don't mind the Food Truck event but please sync our special seeds (roses, sunflowers, etc.) to work on gourmet farm as well.  It's almost impossible to finish if you don't play constantly without the special seeds that drop more event items.
    I finished yesterday collecting the carrots on the food truck event but they are still coming all over my production.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    I don't mind the Food Truck event but please sync our special seeds (roses, sunflowers, etc.) to work on gourmet farm as well.  It's almost impossible to finish if you don't play constantly without the special seeds that drop more event items.
    I second this!!!
  • Having experienced the new Culinary Campaign event, I will gladly exercise my "ability to choose" what I participate in - by ignoring this event from now on. I STRONGLY dislike anything to do with the village, in fact until it was required by this event, I haven't grown any edge crops in months. Sneaky, GGS, finding more ways to force us to play the village. In addition to that, the reward is absolutely not worth all the donations. I have better uses for all those crops, and would much rather sell those supplies for money. Thanks, I'll pass.
    totally agree with this
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Yep! Smileys Smileys en emoticons Smiley met bordje  - totally agree!! :+1:
  • The Candy Farm is screwed up, by the way.  It's only doing daily tasks.  
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    edited 08.01.2018
    @gulfporthawk (US1) candy farm has always had gaps in the tasks till you reach higher levels. There is a Candy Farm thread that will tell you the levels that the additional tasks will show up
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    This is probably not the right thread, but.. is anyone else getting this popup when freshly logging into the game? I've gotten it for the past two days now.. each time i log in lol

• yes,   Michiru (GB1) and it happens randomly throughout play time...then my game will freeze up and I can't use the ...ctrl, alt & delete to bring it back online anymore... I have to manually shut it down and then reboot it to get back on.  It always seems to happen while in a mission too.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    This is probably not the right thread, but.. is anyone else getting this popup when freshly logging into the game? I've gotten it for the past two days now.. each time i log in lol

I don't get that on my account but I get it sometimes when visiting another farm while watering the co-op trees. :/
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Yep, I do .... ever since the last update this pop-up is the first thing I get when doing my first action after logging in. No biggy, doesn't bother me or any of my further actions, coz I can just click it away ... but now that you are asking: Yes, I do recognize this pop-up!
  • Can anyone enlighten me on this one :smile:
    I dont get globalChap. coins released to the yellow car /champ.trader.
    I seem to remember we got these coins released once a week last time GC was around
    (and anyway what would be point in it hanging around all the time if not to spend the coins won during the Gc)
    ???
    PIX :

Here she is the little sweetheart ,hanging around day after day all purposeless

This pix is from today as u can see iv got points to use...
    So fare no release of coins 
    Anyone ????

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Can anyone enlighten me on this one :smile:
    I dont get globalChap. coins released to the yellow car /champ.trader.
    I seem to remember we got these coins released once a week last time GC was around
    (and anyway what would be point in it hanging around all the time if not to spend the coins won during the Gc)
    ???
    PIX :

Here she is the little sweetheart ,hanging around day after day all purposeless

This pix is from today as u can see iv got points to use...
    So fare no release of coins 
    Anyone ????

I think coins are released on Fridays.
  • artful (US1)
    Thank You so much !!!
    you never know it could have been a glitch.....

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    artful (US1)
    Thank You so much !!!
    you never know it could have been a glitch.....

Well, they don't always release on Fridays due to  .... wait for it ... a glitch! :smile:
    edited 10.01.2018
    Well you did it again.  So, the wedding planner event also requires you to give things you don't make yet because you don't have citrus fruit trees yet.  What?  Buy them with gold?  Not on your sweet tooth will I be doing that.  This is ridiculous, and I should have looked before I even began because I already donated the first two items to the task.  Way to go GGS, cut out the small guy once again.  SMH!!!
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 10.01.2018
    Does anyone know where the black pearls come from. It says fishing - I collected form Omar (boat), collected a deap fish boat, tried a manuall fishing in all three farms but no pears up to now. Are they very rare or am I very unlucky or is there a glich:

By the way: may fishing pools (minigame) are all messed up: there are large number of fishes there, but most of them are fake (phanoms) - the hook just goes trough them. Anyone with the same problem?
  • rain flower (INT1)rain flower (INT1) Posts: 10
    edited 10.01.2018
    Does anyone know where the black pearls come from. It says fishing - I collected form Omar (boat), collected a deap fish boat, tried a manuall fishing in all three farms but no pears up to now. Are they very rare or am I very unlucky or is there a glich:

By the way: may fishing pools (minigame) are all messed up: there are large number of fishes there, but most of them are fake (phanoms) - the hook just goes trough them. Anyone with the same problem?
    yes, i had the same problem with the black pearls.  i find i'm getting them from collecting harvests on the flower farm.  but it's slow and going to take a long time :( 

i've also had the fishing issue.  reloading should fix it.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

yes, i had the same problem with the black pearls.  i find i'm getting them from collecting harvests on the flower farm.  but it's slow and going to take a long time :( 
    @aaabbb1 (INT1)

What IndigoBlue said.  I didn't get any pearls from my trawlers, or from fishing in the mini-game either.  I can't check sending him out on a boat as he's still fishing for goldfish for another 10 hours, but I'll take your word for it that it doesn't work there either.  I think the tooltip is just wrong; everything else on the Flower Farm is generating pearls, including Mermaid Bay & the Greenhouse.

As for the Phantoms, you need to completely close out of the game and reload it, that usually clears out the phantoms.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 10.01.2018
    @IndigoBlue (AU1), @Southern (US1)   thanks,

Yes, I see know. I got my first one from the shop. The help message must be wrong. And yes, I agree, its a huge number to collect, as there are no fasts products like corn on flowerfarm.

I realoded the game and phanthoms disapeared. Thank you, @Southern (US1) .

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    It says fishing but its just like carrots from the last event u can collcet ur pearls from all over the farm even the green house 
Sign In to comment.