Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

CC & CHWE Issues (from Dec 9th weekend)

Comments

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Don't hold your breath ....
  • aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 10.12.2017
    Hey guys,

The issues with the CHWE co-op rankings have been reported to the team but unfortunately there's not much that can be done over the weekend. The team will investigate these issues once they're back in office on Monday. We'll keep you guys updated as we have more news. :)

It doesn't seem like much is been done to fix the Games issues during working hours either!!!
    Post edited by aussie_mark (AU1) on
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I think they got their customer service method from British Rail , i.e. none ...
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
     It also seems to me normal, if there is something in the weekend started, such as the CC or CHWE,
    that there are also people who can do something if something does not go well, as in any large company.

Gerelateerde afbeelding          
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491

It is a merger, not a sell out.  While GGS is selling 100% of their shares, they are acquiring 16,868,623 newly issued Stillfront shares as well as a substantial amount of Euros (approx. EUR 39 million).  
    Goodgames will still be running Bigfarm semi-autonomously (with almost the complete freedom to act independently).  The way I see it GGS will still be developing the game and Stillfront group will most likely try to employ greater marketing strategies above and beyond what GGS has already implemented.  So overall the problems on Bigfarm could get worse with a higher push for gold sales.

I wonder if GGS will disclose during the customary due diligence review the fact that they have been pushing their players/customers to the limits and that many long time gold spending players have been steadily leaving the game and that the game has become extremely unstable. 

very good Shay

It is also a umbrella, new branding without changing their name (yet it amounts to similar strategy) and new platforms w/large pools of new players - most likely oblivious players - who will easily replace and replenish the frustrated long-term players who have reached their breaking point. After all how many years did it take to lose those players? & how much $$ did they spend during their player status? How many are still here?

I predict a surge of new players who will continue to spend and probably way out-spend the wary and frustrated player who has been teetering on the edge of playing and purchasing "just enough to get by" (I keep hearing that phrase - not exactly sure $$ value here but obviously much less than they were used to spending).

This game is built on short-term instantly attained cash. & what drives the cash?? hence the non-stop competitions and push for the "co-operative" nature (it takes a Co-operative Village to raise a company...). The bean counters have been doing their job ... think about the # of events that actually worked; the # of after-hour (especially Friday) glitches...

Bugs or no bugs, unstable or not, loss of time, money and effort, frustration level high - yet here we are still playing and many trying to "help"... Help GGS has made it clear they don't want "help", or "solutions" because it is not the company goal ...

...Good Golly Miss Molly! I think GGS is really on to something!

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Here guys,
    this explains it all.   
    bawahahahahahaha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4duJdeKTwHY
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    Last night I was doing apples for George and then was supposed to go onto jasmine (which would run through the night), and then start with cabbage this morning. (i was ranked 35) 
    Instead G jumped to cabbage and corn was next, so i planted corn. 
    Cabbage would run out during the night and i would start with corn this morning ... or so i hoped

But George's silo broke down !! 
    I harvested 4 fields of special corn and nothing happened.
    Has anyone else got the same problem ?
  • PCA (GB1) said:

@CuddlyFoxes  @WascallyWabbit

We are posting in a discussion about CC to report a problem with the HWE

It's Saturday, and there has been no word from the MODs (who don't even open a new thread for all the infinite bugs we are experiencing so that they collect feedback)  to let us know that anyone at GGS is looking at the problem

This is the 3rd event in a row to not work properly, It would appear this is now a given and the problems with the game have been given no priority at all, or by now we would have heard something more precise in term of what is being done.

My guess is that nothing is being done
    @PCA (GB1) There is never much that can be done when things break out of office hours & we did keep 2 CMs, a Dev & Dennis out of their beds until 3am dealing with all this, but there are still limits to what they can actually do from home. They can see something is broken, but can`t investigate the cause or fix it, but they were able to stop & start the events. There are obviously some display issues on the CHWE & we won't know until they are back on Monday if that is all they are, but apart from that, as the event was working for most people it has been left running over the weekend & Cuddly did post that. Sorry if that is not good enough, I don`t know what else you expect us to do - I guess I could fly over to Hamburg with my tools. :)

• if you can explain to my friend about this, please.
    it seems only she who has this problem 
    nola1 (INT) said :
    Last night I was doing apples for George and then was supposed to go onto jasmine (which would run through the night), and then start with cabbage this morning. (i was ranked 35) 
    Cabbage would run out during the night and i would start with corn this morning ... or so i hoped

• Last night I was doing apples for George and then was supposed to go onto jasmine (which would run through the night), and then start with cabbage this morning. (i was ranked 35) 

@nola1 (INT1) Unfortunately that has happened to a few people lately in this event & as far as I know the techs have not yet worked out what causes it. Sometimes it starts with one of the 3 crates missing & lets you complete the other 2 before not giving more crates, for others it jumps straight to 1 crate & just won`t do anything at all.

It is unlikely it will be fixed during this run of the event, unless it miraculously fixes itself, try all the usual things, like clearing your caches & if they don`t work, all you can do is contact support, about any losses, including what you would have won for your rank - They may not make any allowances for that but it can't hurt to ask & you might still win something, if you don`t drop too far down.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    PCA (GB1) said:

It's Saturday, and there has been no word from the MODs (who don't even open a new thread for all the infinite bugs we are experiencing so that they collect feedback)  to let us know that anyone at GGS is looking at the problem

This is the 3rd event in a row to not work properly, It would appear this is now a given and the problems with the game have been given no priority at all, or by now we would have heard something more precise in term of what is being done.

@PCA (GB1) There is never much that can be done when things break out of office hours & we did keep 2 CMs, a Dev & Dennis out of their beds until 3am dealing with all this, but there are still limits to what they can actually do from home. They can see something is broken, but can`t investigate the cause or fix it, but they were able to stop & start the events. There are obviously some display issues on the CHWE & we won't know until they are back on Monday if that is all they are, but apart from that, as the event was working for most people it has been left running over the weekend & Cuddly did post that. Sorry if that is not good enough, I don`t know what else you expect us to do - I guess I could fly over to Hamburg with my tools. :)

Maybe things shouldnt start out at friday night, so it could get sorted out faster? Or not starting up just before holidays and such..... I think - depesite of what others might not agree with me in - is that u guys are doing the best as u can, also shown by keeping people up in the might of night to sort out things.

I can understand the fustration tho, but I dont think that anyone like it either.
  • @Tinzen (SKN1) I agree with you about starting events on a Friday evening - As you may recall the CC & alternating HWE's were moved to Fridays in response to "feedback from players", who apparently said they preferred to do the CC at weekends, we don`t know where that feedback was from, it wasn't from this community, but they do get feedback from sources other than the forums, such as support & the in-game buttons. social media etc.  After the change we got lots of feedback saying that it was better before, which we passed on, but it hasn't made them change it back. :(

We could try again, maybe these issues with events, will add more weight to our argument or at least move them to Thursdays, so that they have half of the event on weekdays and half at weekends & a day to make sure that it is working correctly. :)
  • Was the CC event meant to be running at all? Wasn't it just thrown in last minute when the Xmas Prep failed to provide and outlet for the gold spenders?

When ever and event is started its important that there is adequate support there to fix the issues. Given the high list of bugs this game is current experiencing, its madness to start and event on a Friday evening. Best that any event is started no later than Monday lunch time, to allow the bugs to be fixed by the weekend.

Mark
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188

@nola1 (INT1) Unfortunately that has happened to a few people lately in this event & as far as I know the techs have not yet worked out what causes it. Sometimes it starts with one of the 3 crates missing & lets you complete the other 2 before not giving more crates, for others it jumps straight to 1 crate & just won`t do anything at all.

It is unlikely it will be fixed during this run of the event, unless it miraculously fixes itself, try all the usual things, like clearing your caches & if they don`t work, all you can do is contact support, about any losses, including what you would have won for your rank - They may not make any allowances for that but it can't hurt to ask & you might still win something, if you don`t drop too far down.

Thanks Wabbit, i did all of the usual cleaning up and opened the game in another browser with no luck. I will send ticket in and see what happens  ... hopefully something nice.  
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    This is a 24/7 game and help should not only be available during a few daylight hours in Germany. YES, you rouse people out of bed when your business is not working properly!!!!

If you want to have a business that customers use 24/7, then help should be available 24/7. This is ridiculous!!
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    PCA (GB1) said:

Fly over to Hamburg.... this is a possibility I hadn't contemplated. And with your tools too!!!  That hammer looks really cool Wabbit, you could actually use it to wake up the Team :-) 

Nope I don't expect you to do more than you do, I would expect GGS to do more, hence you would have something to communicate. 

You the MODs do a great job, and I am sure we are all grateful

that hammer however... .. Hamburg.... that's not such a bad idea  :-)

• Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436

Start doing a better job GGS!!
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Cooperative HWE seems bugged for me, I can buy boosters but my coop doesn't appear on the list as no one can do anything
  • ....and a reset.  Loss of all bonus points.
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    ....and a reset.  Loss of all bonus points.
    Not sure there was a reset but there is definitely something wrong.  One member in my co-op said they had lost their bonus points but others, myself included, still have them
  • got up this morning and my game had reset, instead of eggs followed by corn i had to restart the whole darn thing, lost my bonus point (only one) as well.  i don't know of this has happened to anyone else, but i for one have had it with this broken event, bring back the original one 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 11.12.2017
    @Shaz.matthewsUs(GB1)  -  the same thing has been happening to me and one of my daughters for the past couple of days.  For some reason my other daughter has had the game carry on and not going back to the beginning. Haven't checked this morning but will let you know if that has changed.   One good thing is that we get the seaweed for starting the game again :)   I never get enough items in the silo to get to the bonus points, but even though the game restarts I haven't lost any event points.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    me & coop farmers have no tent; village challenge might be counting/working; missions are doing something---am getting certificates to upgrade garage stuff ... of course, no tree, but have heard it might make appearance on Wed --- will believe when I see it --- here's hoping it comes with no bugs or other troubles which no one can replicate ... my only joy at moment is fishing.  Here's hoping tomorrow is a better start & not like tonight when it was on again off again on again & finally stayed connected so could play ... sigh I thought Halloween goblins left some time ago, but it seems some have lingered on to see what Christmas is all about, but their staying is causing all manner of problems... gggiggle
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Have checked my 2 daughters farms for them this morning as they are at college and work - one of them went back to the beginning of the event and the other one remained running with no restart,  Don't know why some players events are restarting and others keep running, weird !
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    no official word yet?

GGS has been in work a whole morning and no response to this? even if no solution as yet, you'd think there would be something said
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    PCA (GB1) said:

@WascallyWabbit mods can do nothing but letting us know they acknowledge the problems and that the problems are reported to GGS.
    But GGS can do all sorts of things : 
    - recall dev's that are able to pull an event
    - do not start any events on friday
    - knowing there are server problems, do not switch events but don't run an event
    If GGS want to run a 24H game, make sure there always is a minimum crew to sort out things.
    Imagine having to give birth during the weekend and the hospital says to come back on Monday morning........
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    Don't know if this a new issue with the CHWE

But we have co op members who are:

Losing their +10 bonus'  overnight
                   AND/OR
    Having the Hard Worker Event totally Resetting. 

And I do understand that as Mods you have limited powers and resources.  I am just reporting that there are multiple issues with this event.   It is costly to each person who uses seaweed or gold to push items or skip and then they are losing what progress they have made.   
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 11.12.2017
    totally misread above post - ignore, this never happened
  • no official word yet?

GGS has been in work a whole morning and no response to this? even if no solution as yet, you'd think there would be something said
    LOL GGS working!??!  Nah they are on their x-mas party!
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    5:00 pm in Germany and still the coop numbers in CHWE are not fixed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file