Login Problems? Click here for help!

Can't use festive farm.

I am currently unable to use the festive farm . For example , when I try to plant flax, I get an error message saying 'you don't have enough gold.' This is with everything I try to do even though I have plenty of snow dollars . I have tried reloading and also logging out and back in. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• try clearing your flash player cache (global storage)?
  • Consider all the money you just saved yourself...hehe   :#
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) Posts: 1,250
    Did you move the main farmhouse on the island farm? That caused me problems in this event before. If so, return it to the top corner. Hope this helps.
    MRG1  (US1)
    Former avid player... and current Outlander fanatic

• holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) Posts: 223
    edited 06.12.2017
    Unable to upgrade the winter bank. Get an error saying NO ENOUGH GOLD. This also happens when just trying to plant the flax.
    holidayrox @ us 1
  • I tried clearing the cache. It did not help. I didn't move the main farmhouse, but I did move the field. Moved it back, still not working. 
  • CuddlyFoxesCuddlyFoxes Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 845
    I am currently unable to use the festive farm . For example , when I try to plant flax, I get an error message saying 'you don't have enough gold.' This is with everything I try to do even though I have plenty of snow dollars . I have tried reloading and also logging out and back in. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Unable to upgrade the winter bank. Get an error saying NO ENOUGH GOLD. This also happens when just trying to plant the flax.
    @Tiengie (US1) & @holidayrox (US1) Have you had any issues with previous temporary farms or is this only happening with the festive farm?
  • have never had this happen before. 4 year farmer
    holidayrox @ us 1
  • cleared cache, reset did all the usuals. Pushed the bank thru with gold. Nada. Nothing helps
    holidayrox @ us 1
  • fyi, I did move the field too
    holidayrox @ us 1
  • was just doing my normal temp farm stuff.

holidayrox @ us 1
  • My Festive farm is screwed up too!!!  Yesterday morning ( Dec. 5 )before you did Maintenance !?! my festive farm was working just fine. I had upgraded the fence with snow dollars then your servers took us off just as I was upgrading my gate. That did not get upgraded! Well, to my surprise, NOT , when the game came back up...all of a sudden the 5 first easy things to do (buy land, build a house etc.) quickly vanished, POOF,  the tasks changed on the side and then I got the wonderful message:

" You don't have enough gold for this action>>>add gold"

I too, did all the suggestions listed above but to no avail.  Never had this problem before and I am very disappointed. 

baldwin2 @ us 1
    edited 07.12.2017
    @CuddlyFoxes still getting the error
    Post edited by holidayrox (US1) on
    holidayrox @ us 1
    Hey guys,

You will need to contact support about the festive farms not working properly.
    edited 12.12.2017
    @CuddlyFoxes I contacted support back on Dec 5, 2017. Got the automated response that they have received my ticket. STILL have broken Festive Farm.

holidayrox @ us 1
  • I think I have a similar issue where I come on and find all my cash is missing for the island event, pretty sure I didn't spend it so have to start building a balance again to do stuff.

By and large I have stopped paying much attention to the island event and just save my money.
    edited 03.02.2018

@CuddlyFoxes   received a response back from support AFTER the festive farm was over saying they were aware of this issue and are working on it. Nothing else. No offer of compensation of runes (I normally get between 2-3 million, possibly 4 million if I really push it)

THIS is the scenario that would ensue:

Hmm, I lost out on the whole month. Was not able to collect runes, thus could not buy seeds from the rune trader, thus could not keep my greenhouse going, thus could not fulfill the trading boat fully so had a decreased amount of horseshoes, so cannot train my horses as normal, thus cannot advance as much in the horse racing event, thus not going to get a gold certificate. 
    ---------------------------------------
    This did not happen, ONLY because I have hundreds of greenhouse seeds. So, due to MY DILIGENCE of staying ahead of things, was able to avoid that scenario. No help from support!

ALSO, when visiting other farms to water trees,etc If I use the drop list to choose which of my  farms to return to,  the FESTIVAL FARM is still on that list!!!! I can still visit it. DEFINITELY a bug!
    Others in my coop said they cannot choose to go to my festive farm. So only a bug I can see!
    holidayrox @ us 1

@CuddlyFoxes   received a response back from support AFTER the festive farm was over saying they were aware of this issue and are working on it. Nothing else. No offer of compensation of runes (I normally get between 2-3 million, possibly 4 million if I really push it)

THIS is the scenario that would ensue:

Hmm, I lost out on the whole month. Was not able to collect runes, thus could not buy seeds from the rune trader, thus could not keep my greenhouse going, thus could not fulfill the trading boat fully so had a decreased amount of horseshoes, so cannot train my horses as normal, thus cannot advance as much in the horse racing event, thus not going to get a gold certificate. 
    ---------------------------------------
    This did not happen, ONLY because I have hundreds of greenhouse seeds. So, due to MY DILIGENCE of staying ahead of things, was able to avoid that scenario. No help from support!

ALSO, when visiting other farms to water trees,etc If I use the drop list to choose which of my  farms to return to,  the FESTIVAL FARM is still on that list!!!! I can still visit it. DEFINITELY a bug!
    Others in my coop said they cannot choose to go to my festive farm. So only a bug I can see!
    @holidayrox (US1) I was able to visit your festive farm as well. This issue has been reported to the team. Are you able to play the current viking farm?
  • @CuddlyFoxes yes, I can play the current viking farm. Thank goodness! 
    holidayrox @ us 1
  • Consider all the money you just saved yourself...hehe   :#
    I am going to save money and not do the festive farm this time round either as it's been buggy right of the gate...!

See if you can figure out what's wrong from these two images...
  • It thinks you haven't exchanged/started yet? Try a cache clearing?

White _Doves @ us 1           Designed & made by  farmerjohn 22 US1
  • Cache cleared...

edited 03.12.2018

@CuddlyFoxes
    AND here is the festive farm, one year later. SAME BUG.

Really? They had a whole year to fix this issue.  

What a crock. Please, do not ask me to trouble shoot a problem that they have known about for a year. FIX IT.

Or at least compensate me with runestones that I cannot earn
    holidayrox @ us 1
  • WascallyWabbitWascallyWabbit Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 4,665
    @holidayrox (US1) Unfortunately you have a bug that they have not been able to fix so far. - Your festive farm is stuck, so it "appears" to remain active all the time, when in fact you cannnot play it at all, even when it is active. Some unlucky players have all 5 temp farms stuck & cannot play any of them, so at least you only have the one that comes once a year, but it still sucks, sorry. :/

You are on the list of affected players.

Community Guidelines | GGS TOS | How to Clear your Cache |  Click to Contact Support

"I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions!" - Caine

edited 06.12.2018
      :'(

holidayrox @ us 1
  • WascallyWabbitWascallyWabbit Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 4,665
    @holidayrox (US1) You could try doing a support ticket, to see if they will give you any compensation, I have not heard of any of the others trying it, so I have no idea what they will say :)

Community Guidelines | GGS TOS | How to Clear your Cache |  Click to Contact Support

"I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions!" - Caine

Sign In to comment.