Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 20th - Goldfish Rescue and Christmas Vibes - Discussion

Comments

• IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    edited 20.11.2017
    I run a clean farm. I know of no fleas or other unwanted critters on my farm. I assume the stealth creators will sneak in, bringing bugs with them as they scatter yet another event before they clean up the last mess they delivered and have yet to clean or repair. Looking forward to the goldfish and Christmas events, just hope they leave the bugs at corporate and send a nice, squeaky clean batch of goldfish for our cats to enjoy provided we ever finish earning our cats and can keep our hard work on the gourmet farm without resetting the cats to the beginning for those of us not having issues in that area. Looking forward to the Christmas event. Do not want to boot people from our co-op as we had a couple of people absent for funerals, another with a broken back from a motorcycle accident and we have a few other issues like recovery from the hurricane in Texas who are attempting to rebuild their lives. We are an understanding co-op that life goes on and we play the game as we are able. I look forward to the Christmas event annually, the highlight of my year. Please do not mess that up as well with issues out of the co-op's control. We want to run a clean game, play, and not have issues. Hope you can iron out the details I read about in this forum ahead of time and do not disturb the events once started with unnecessary updates simply because the gold flow is not want you anticipated. Looking forward to playing for a long time into the future. The one and only game I play and love. A little overwhelming for younger, new players with so much going on. 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Really people, you've never heard of waterfleas?
    I learnt about them elementary school, we went to a small stream to collect them, was the first thing I ever saw with a microscope. They are only around in non-polluted water so maybe harder to find now?
    We used to collect them to feed the guppies.
    Wouldn't be able to see the little specks in the water without reading glasses nowadays. ;)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Oh, come on guys.  They're just getting into the holiday spirit!  :)

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    Well a bug is a bug and in my opinion (except for the ladybugs and a very few other friendly ones) they are needing to be gotten rid of.  They bite, they eat vegetation, they annoy, they can (in many cases) infect its host, leaving them with itchy red swollen welts.  I guess you all know by now, I strongly dislike bugs!  Maybe that is an understatement! B)
    They're good for the ecosystem and without the ecosystem there wouldn't  be food and without food we wouldn't be here so I'm kinda for them (as long as they stay out of my house!) :)

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 20.11.2017
    I saw 2 countdowns by CM Hunter 1 stopped at 4 the other at 19 so I guess the Fleas are bugged LMA0
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    You're completely right @artful (US1) , without bugs we wouldn't be here either. ;)
    But it really isn't relevant as far as waterfleas go, they're just called fleas, in fact they're a miniscule kind of crayfish
    You're completely right @artful (US1) , without bugs we wouldn't be here either. ;)
    But it really isn't relevant as far as waterfleas go, they're just called fleas, in fact they're a miniscule kind of crayfish
    Yep.  And all those lobsters and shrimp we love so much?  Bugs.  Big old water dwelling bugs! :)
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    Countdown timer is on...this is it guys and gals.....Hoping it only bring water fleas...:))

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @WascallyWabbit or  @CuddlyFoxes

VERY important question ...

Will we still be able to use the fish pond while it is upgrading.

Thanks
  • here in Florida at the beach, on low tide you can find what we call "sand fleas" aka "mole crabs"....little gray critters much larger than an actual doggie type flea , and yes they are good bait for small fish :) they can be fun to catch and watch them bury back down through the sand after each wave :)

i am concerned about the "we will attempt to" fix the broken kitty cats......maybe that first before dumping new stuff?  you aren't sure yet??  after almost 2 months???

and as @shantam (IN1)
    said, during this season of giving thanks, we will all be thankful for an update free of delays and bugs ---the porgramming kind, not sand fleas ;)

• since the update I cant get rid of the ! banners, they come back every time i change farms
  • AndyTwobeats (SKN1)AndyTwobeats (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 129
    edited 20.11.2017
    Is something supposed to be different on the main farm?
    Other than the snow, everything else seems to be the same
    https://imgur.com/a/vcVMu

Am I supposed to click on something on the fisherman first?
    I tried harvesting from animal production buildings and didn't get anything different (fleas) so I'm a little confused.

• When the event begins you will be tasked with visiting Oleg and catching a goldfish in the fishing minigame.

• To do so you will need to collect fleas first.

• Fleas will drop while collecting from the animal production buildings in your main and gourmet farms. 

Edit: Nevermind. Harvested eggs and didn't get anything new the first time, logged out and back in again, and now I'm getting fleas.

The Goldfish truck or whatever was missing earlier:

Before: https://imgur.com/a/vcVMu

After: https://imgur.com/a/d0BqG

Goldfish seem pretty expensive... 2,110,000 cash for 5 - 45mins / 3,160,000 cash for 30 is better in comparison... but 22hrs 30min =X

Post edited by AndyTwobeats (SKN1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Ok right off the bat, AS USUAL here, this one is soaring to the one of the worst events yet.

FLEAS????? Seriously?   Your game designers can't do a simple google search to look up the difference between WATER fleas and ANIMAL PARASITES?   

GOLDFISH DO NOT EAT FLEAS!   I have raised fish for many decades now and NO FISH FOOD is made with FLEAS!

Daphnia yes.  WATER FLEAS are NOT the same as what lives on mammals.   Can't we get the SIMPLEST things right here?   
    Or is this just their sick humor "adding more bugs to the game."   lol. 

As for the event, I made some goldfish food, went to the pond to feed them and it shows I dont have any.
    SO aside from the fact the whole concept of harvesting fleas from the farm animals to feed ultimately to fish is really screwed up, the event doesn't seem to work.

• I caught Flea, alot of them. I couldn't see anywhere to product goldfish bait , I have looked around in windmill and watermill in both normal tab and goldfish tab.

bug: After I produced goldfish feed, then I relogged. after I have relogged , I've found out that all my gold fish feeds have disappeared.
    gees, thank goodness for the leader in my US coop.   (AND TOTAL LACK OF ANY INSTRUCTION IN GAME AS USUAL!!!!!!!!)

So… collect fleas (bad bad design idea right there.)
    Then use the mill to make BAIT   not food like I did.
    Go to the really lame mini fishing game (which I have not played in months because I really do think it's lame.)
    Bait the goldfish….

Still waiting for bait to product so that's as far as I got.
  • SandiOne (US1)SandiOne (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    So far, so good. Collected fleas, made bait, caught a goldfish and fed the goldfish :)
  • gees, thank goodness for the leader in my US coop.   (AND TOTAL LACK OF ANY INSTRUCTION IN GAME AS USUAL!!!!!!!!)

Go to the really lame mini fishing game (which I have not played in months because I really do think it's lame.)
    Bait the goldfish….

I don't see goldfish bait anywhere? Flakes? pellets?

I
    Yea I don't know.  I made some of each, went to the mini fishing thing, went to stock his tackle box with bait thinking one of the two made in the mill would work as bait, but no.  NOT to be found.

So no clue what I'm suppose to do with this.
    Ha, there's two pages in the mill under the goldfish tab.  I need a LOT more fleas.

(GRRRRR I can't get over that.  Fleas.   LAND ANIMAL FLEAS.   YUCK.   This is a horrible event.)
  • I also made 1 batch of goldfish flakes to test things a little and when i logged out and back....I no longer have 30 flakes.  Are you only supposed to make them when you have Goldfish?  Are flakes not stored in Inventory anywhere? 
  • SandiOne (US1)SandiOne (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    edited 20.11.2017
    gees, thank goodness for the leader in my US coop.   (AND TOTAL LACK OF ANY INSTRUCTION IN GAME AS USUAL!!!!!!!!)

Bait the goldfish….

I
    Mine showed that at first then switched to this: Pellets work in co-op village, on main farm you get the menu I just showed page 1 and 2
    expensive, too.  another one not for the little folk.
    Ha, there's two pages in the mill under the goldfish tab.  I need a LOT more fleas.

(GRRRRR I can't get over that.  Fleas.   LAND ANIMAL FLEAS.   YUCK.   This is a horrible event.)
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    edited 20.11.2017
    OMG! just seeing the fleas is making itch...:(((
    can't you use a different kind of fleas not this one...:(

I thought there will be a booster and where is the cat charm madness?

• I don't have the option to make bait.
  • Skye MacDuell (US1)Skye MacDuell (US1) US1 Posts: 82
    edited 20.11.2017
    I have collected fleas...  I have produced both goldfish bait and feed (using the MF mill and GF mill)... I have visited Oleg and checked both side task bars, I don't have anything that lets me task with Oleg to catch a goldfish.  I have also gone to my tackle box and store to see if there is a tab for the goldfish thing.  I'm not sure how to catch a goldfish.  What am I not doing?

I figured it out.. found the bait in my tackle box, used it, caught my goldfish.  I "think" it's being fed.  There doesn't seem to be anything that you do to actually "feed" it, as long as you have produced the feed it uses it automatically... I think.
  • edited 20.11.2017
    diepvien783 (INT1) said:

@diepvien783 (INT1) Do you have Oleg unlocked & are you seeing fleas being dropped from your stables?

If so, please can you try reloading your game & let us know if the bait appears on the menu after that - You should have a page 2 that has those pellets on it.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    $1 Million to catch 5 goldfish every 45 minutes????  You took away our source of cash, gave us a stupid fish market that nobody can REALLY make any cash off of because we have NO shellfish!  Then you bombard us with coop events that require expensive cash boosters to really get anywhere and now this???? $1 Million for 5 fish every 45 minutes???  PLUS the apples, corn, eggs, and cabbage needed for the feed and pellets???   What happened to balance????

I was really excited about this event, it sounded fun.... what a disappointment.  
Sign In to comment.