Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 1st - Worldwide Championship 2nd Run - Discussion

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I am imagining how much less chaos there would be, if GGS took five minutes and answered a few questions.
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    LOVE the changes to WWC! The best change is the wheel, no longer can you spin your way up the rankings, you have to earn it!!

Thank you GGS for listening to us!

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I am imagining how much less chaos there would be, if GGS took five minutes and answered a few questions.
    I think they have answer a few questions as of now of what have been posted, unless I cant read or something.... For instance, I asked one, and I got a quick answer back, but ofcouse I dont guess that it counts....
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

If any player wants to forget the WWCC this time around, we have 4 places open in our coop - Just Friends on UK server.  We are a very laid back coop who like to amble along.  We do take part in events as and when we are able/have the inclination to, but we don't make it a 'must do' part of the game and there is no stress if we don't take part.  We are toying with the village but haven't built it up very much.  There is usually one player online but it is rare that we are on at the same time, therefore conversations can take a day or two to finish lol.

So if you want a stress free game come and join us.  If you only join for the duration of the WWCC no problem, but it would be nice if we had more regular players who share our type of game-play.

Chris - leader of Just Friends (UK server)

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

I understand removing the points from the Wheel of Fortune, but then you need to lower the costs in the trader of all items, not just one item.  You needed to lower them anyway.  I was 20th on the server last time, and I used the wheel, and was razor close on the prize that I wanted.  Most people will be unable to use the trader for any decent prize.

here is your answer @gavinfarms (US1)

"......WWC points will no longer drop from the Wheel of Fortune or be provided as ranking rewards in this minigame - instead, these were replaced with WWC coins to allow players to benefit from some rewards, but not shoot up in the rankings with low effort...." 

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

If any player wants to forget the WWCC this time around, we have 4 places open in our coop - Just Friends on UK server.  We are a very laid back coop who like to amble along.  We do take part in events as and when we are able/have the inclination to, but we don't make it a 'must do' part of the game and there is no stress if we don't take part.  We are toying with the village but haven't built it up very much.  There is usually one player online but it is rare that we are on at the same time, therefore conversations can take a day or two to finish lol.

So if you want a stress free game come and join us.  If you only join for the duration of the WWCC no problem, but it would be nice if we had more regular players who share our type of game-play.

Chris - leader of Just Friends (UK server)

If you're on the US (1) server, our philosophy is very much the same as Chris' coop.  We're Hearts of Gold, and you're most welcome to join us for the duration of WWCC, or longer if you like a laid-back approach.  
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    PCA (GB1) said:

I understand removing the points from the Wheel of Fortune, but then you need to lower the costs in the trader of all items, not just one item.  You needed to lower them anyway.  I was 20th on the server last time, and I used the wheel, and was razor close on the prize that I wanted.  Most people will be unable to use the trader for any decent prize.

here is your answer @gavinfarms (US1)

"......WWC points will no longer drop from the Wheel of Fortune or be provided as ranking rewards in this minigame - instead, these were replaced with WWC coins to allow players to benefit from some rewards, but not shoot up in the rankings with low effort...." 

Nope ....that is not the point of what I said.  The points are too few to buy anything.  I got one and only one reward from the trader last time.  I spun the wheel (hundreds of tokens worth).  Let's assume the coins replace the coins that come from the points, so that this is a wash.  You would still get coins, just not points, so it would still be somewhat unfair.  It is most unusual for GGS to care about fairness, but I am very happy to see this as a start.  (They aren't stopping the Wheel from being used in the CC.....so fairness......they need to so a lot to impress me in that area).  

The amount of coins required for the purchase of items from the Champ Trader were absurdly too high.  They need to change this.  This was not mentioned in the announcement.  This was my point.  It is way too hard to earn an actual benefit in this event.  And that need to be addressed.  

But who knows what will actually happen.  This whole thing has a "seat of the pants" feel to it.....as if, they found themselves not knowing what to do (schedule-wise) after the CoopHW debacle, so they resurrected this earlier than planned.
  • Is this thread for advertising your co-op or what..?  should I be plugging mine...lol ...?
    Is this thread for advertising your co-op or what..?  should I be plugging mine...lol ...?

I only posted here in case people wanted some 'time-out' from coop competitions.  Sorry if I offended you :) 
    Is this thread for advertising your co-op or what..?  should I be plugging mine...lol ...?
    There's a tie in.  Someone may be reading about the event, and realize they would need to be in a coop to reap full benefit, but didn't like high pressure to compete. Chris addressed that point, and I merely added that those on the US server had the same option.  If this gets pushed over to the coop thread, it might be missed by someone who otherwise didn't realize they had another option besides being left out.
    Thanks @artful (US1) - you put it so much better than I did, my excuse is that it is late here lol ;) 
    Thanks @artful (US1) - you put it so much better than I did, my excuse is that it is late here lol ;) 
     B) 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Questions:

1. Will the payout of championship coins still be affected by server ranking?

2. When will this update occur to correct the calender? There is less than 14 hours to go and we still do not have a proper schedule.

3. Have there been any changes to affect the payout ratio between worldwide championship points and worldwide championship coins?
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Sounds promising but then again it depends on how many coins are offered as rewards on wheel.....if its less than 200 in a jackpot spin its all a bit pointless. Will the trader and the wheel appear from the beginning or towards the end of the event?
    Skipping the wheel is an option, unless the prizes are stellar beyond imagination. :)
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    LOVE the changes to WWC! The best change is the wheel, no longer can you spin your way up the rankings, you have to earn it!!

Thank you GGS for listening to us!

I am happy to see this.  Even though I didn't play to be number 1 last time I felt really bad for those that put in so much effort thru out the event just to lose their ranking due to the wheel near the end of the event.

Good call GGS.
  • CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136

In the calendar show that the horse season will start on 1 November. But the current one(Safari) still has 16 days until it end.

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Is it the tropical island and not the Viking farm?

If it is the tropical island again, we need an appearance by the runestone trader and the Voucher trader.  It is not fair to run the same island back-to-back and not send us the traders to use up extra vouchers and runestones.
    I would not mind it if we could have our current Tropical Island temp farm roll right into the new time frame.  But I think it is not, so we have 17 hrs to demolish the current farm (losing tons of money in the process).
    If the Island didn't start from scratch, you'd miss out on a lot of points that you would have received from any chapters & side-tasks that you had already completed.
    Well, now that you put it that way, I will demolish as much of the old as I can with the time I have left.  Thanks for the info.
    I have a fence upgrading right now so I cannot demolish any of the tropical island unless I want to pay almost 2,000 gold.  Will I get the value in seashells when it ends, jut like in the candy farm?  When the candy farm ended I was paid out in the value of the upgrades automatically.  It does not say this island will do that.
    edited 01.11.2017
    Repeating above question because I don't know if FarmerCli is on and able to answer my question before the tropical island ends.  Anyone out there who can answer my dumb question?

Question

I have a fence upgrading right now so I cannot demolish any of the tropical island unless I want to pay almost 2,000 gold.  Will I get the value in seashells when it ends, just like in the candy farm?  When the candy farm ended I was paid out in the value of the upgrades automatically.  It does not say this island will do that.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Yes, you will get seashells for the buildings you've got on the Island farm :)
    The coversion rate is not as good as when demolishing them (or so I've read on this forum) but you will definitely get someting.
    Yes, you will get seashells for the buildings you've got on the Island farm :)
    The coversion rate is not as good as when demolishing them (or so I've read on this forum) but you will definitely get someting.
    Thanks, appreciate the fast response.  :)
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    You're very welcome, I've been in your position with temporary farms and was relieved to get something anyway.
  • Yes, all islands payout at the end for items left or demolished.
    You're very welcome, I've been in your position with temporary farms and was relieved to get something anyway.
    I've cashed out all of my products and calculated what I would get if I demolished the buildings myself so I can see what the actual outcome is on seashells for the buildings.  Now does it include fields and orchards?
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I am just hoping that @WascallyWabbit is right in assuming the calender has some mistakes in it......I would not put it past GGS to reset the horseracing and weekevent while they are not finished yet. Seeing what blunders we are confronted with in  recent times.
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388

I only posted here in case people wanted some 'time-out' from coop competitions.  Sorry if I offended you :) 

Good place to say re your coop.  My coop does exactly same as yours bdreish we just farm and have fun.
  • Is it the tropical island and not the Viking farm?

If it is the tropical island again, we need an appearance by the runestone trader and the Voucher trader.  It is not fair to run the same island back-to-back and not send us the traders to use up extra vouchers and runestones.
    I would not mind it if we could have our current Tropical Island temp farm roll right into the new time frame.  But I think it is not, so we have 17 hrs to demolish the current farm (losing tons of money in the process).
    If the Island didn't start from scratch, you'd miss out on a lot of points that you would have received from any chapters & side-tasks that you had already completed.
    But a fully built temp farm would produce much more points and shells. You would be able to produce tons of the valuable drinks. 
  • I really hope there will be a hotfix BEFORE the start of the wwc and not during the cc. Why do ggs have to start things before they are working? Would it not be better to fix the bugs first?

And, would it not be better to start the wwc after the current horse tournament had finished?

The last wwc was perfectly scheduled so that everything that was included started after the start of wwc, and ended before the end of wwc. 
    edited 01.11.2017
    Looks like I got only 10% of what I would have received if I had demolished the buildings, fields an orchards myself.  Note to self:  Make sure you don't start an upgrade at the end of a temporary farm so you can reap the full reward for all the buildings.

Edit:  To Add---Can I save my seashells in my inventory for the next time the island comes around or do I have to use the shells or lose them?
Sign In to comment.