Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chum is loss making

All recipes for chum sell for less than the sell values of the ingredients.  
Avoid making chum until it is fixed.  

Comments

Thank you DCHEN 1..!

Every time we bust GGS-BF for greed,

we somehow get punished in some other way.

You're right  -  this "chum" thing is a scam & 1/2...!

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @dchen1 (US1)  use this thread to post your info about the DSF market and direct sales so it is all together in one place...

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/159517/new-deep-sea-fishing-system-price-cost-chart-need-some-feedback-help-too#latest

Here everyone is trying to keep track of costs and prices etc. :)
  • I see chum as a way to earn XP first and foremost. Selling it directly is not very worthwhile, but as an XP tool it works great. After that it's mighty fine to complete a 12 million contract in five clicks because you have lots of chum.

If you look at it - Fishing is a huge drain of resources, but hey - time is money - and now i can splurge more often thanks to the generous fishing contracts. 

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I see chum as a way to earn XP first and foremost. Selling it directly is not very worthwhile, but as an XP tool it works great. After that it's mighty fine to complete a 12 million contract in five clicks because you have lots of chum.

If you look at it - Fishing is a huge drain of resources, but hey - time is money - and now i can splurge more often thanks to the generous fishing contracts. 

I agree, dont sell chum directly.  
    Also, it is most worthwhile and efficient to use swordfish to make chum.  
    It makes 5 at a time and ingredients are the least expensive per chum produced.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I see chum as a way to earn XP first and foremost. Selling it directly is not very worthwhile, but as an XP tool it works great. After that it's mighty fine to complete a 12 million contract in five clicks because you have lots of chum.

Swordfish chum costs 500 to produce. Most of the others cost only 100 to produce. Herring might be a better choice, and is much more plentiful. :)
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

Swordfish chum costs 500 to produce. Most of the others cost only 100 to produce. Herring might be a better choice, and is much more plentiful. :)
    It is easier to get swordfish than herring because more swordfish pools appear.  
    Swordfish makes 5 times as much chum at a time.
    10 chum using herring costs 55000
    1800*3*10+100*10
    10 chum from swordfish costs 11000
    5000*1*2+100*10
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

It is easier to get swordfish than herring because more swordfish pools appear.  
    Swordfish makes 5 times as much chum at a time.
    10 chum using herring costs 55000
    1800*3*10+100*10
    10 chum from swordfish costs 11000
    5000*1*2+100*10
    You're absolutely right, dchen1. I was looking at the bottom figure only. Swordfish costs 100/per v. Herring @200/per. I stand corrected.

However, in my oceans, herring pools are there there far more frequently than swordfish ever are. Maybe we could swap fishing spots for awhile. :)
  • What a great discussion, thanks for the info!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file