Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Candy farm disgusted.

I tried.  I really really tried this time on all three of my farms to make it at least to the second prize in the candy farm.
But with one day left, there is still no way.    I don't think I'll EVER make it to the top.  Ever.   

Clearly this is set up for those who may be shut ins or for what ever reason can play this all day, every day.
OR for those willing to spend real cash money to "win" a prize.   It's not a prize if you have to buy it.

I'd really like to make it to the top at least once.  See my candy castle actually built.  I really really wish these temp farms, all of them, either ran longer, OR… would run for the same time span but when they return they come back where we left off.  At least till we get to the top then the next round it would reset back to start.   Now THAT might be more fun.  
I know GG can do this.  They do with the test server.  When that comes back my farm is as I left it.  So why can't they do that for the temp farms?   I bet more people would show interest in it.

I think I'm tossing in the towel on these for good.  IF I play one, it will just be long enough to get some seeds and that's it.

And I had farm money to spend this time so that wasn't the problem.  I upgraded everything I could as fast as I could, kept candy production going and all that.   Just no way. Not reachable.  Not much fun getting so close every single time only for the dumb thing to be gone right when stuff starts flowing well.

Sick of it.  

Comments

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    When these temporary farms first came out I tried to finish to the end but just not possible.  And of course I would play each one when it came out and I played hard whenever they did come out.

Now i just do them to collect seeds when I need them.

Sometimes i don't even play them when they show up.  Just skip it and play it when I want to.

I hear ya, ArtMaker...

It's always a struggle to do these over-priced, labour-intensive

Events-for-the-bored-Gold-rich.

Many speak of the Special Farms as "money pits"...

"gaping succubus of assets"... they're not wrong.

Not having lots of seeds is not the end of the world.

Being in a Co-Op gets us seeds sometimes...

or from the Silo Events, the Mystery Boxes,

the Wheels of MisFortune, too..

or buy them from Omar-the-Slick Vendor Carts.

Just remember - unless you're starving for Horse Shoes,

it isn't necessary to even put 6 Items on Barnacle's Ship.

Get 4 of them on there and you're in the money.

SO -- if ya have the seeds - use 'em til they run out.

If not -- meh. It's no crisis.

Save your money.  Up-grade your Farms instead.

Relax...

and MaxiRoy is right...

Ya don't have to fall for everything BF throws at ya....

Do the stuff that's fun & relaxing for you...

BF is supposed to be a game - implying fun.

(until & unless they sell you a non-existent Cat & kidnap your Dog,

but that's another thing altogether....)

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    When these temporary farms first came out I tried to finish to the end but just not possible.  And of course I would play each one when it came out and I played hard whenever they did come out.

Sometimes i don't even play them when they show up.  Just skip it and play it when I want to.

Same here.  Once I read the posts about just sticking to one type of temp farm, and just getting to chpt. 2.1 or 2.2, I have enough seeds to keep the boat happy, AND, as you pointed out, I can skip them every once in awhile.

Now, I only do the Viking Farms, and I skip every 3rd or 4th one if I'm not in the mood.  And with all that they are throwing at us, I'm often not in the mood. :)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 05.10.2017
    Oh folks, I agree.  I HAVE been ignoring the temp farms.  Horses do the same regardless of level so who cares.   But I kinda like the candy one.  Watching the castle grow, and I like the candy color deco.  Would have been nice to upgrade one of my orbs though. But there's just no way.  I keep checking the time left, all it says is "one day."  Which sometimes translates to 40+ hours, at least with other events but this one won't show actual hours left.  I MIGHT be able to make the second level prizes IF I have a few days.  No way I'd ever make the top though.   

Again… GG WHY can't these temp farms come back as we left them?  At least until we reach the top?  THEN reset?

Kicking a dead horse on that one.  So back to the plan.  Don't really need seeds.  And I'll have plenty after this to ignore several upcoming temp farms. Or just ignore all from now on for that matter.  It's no fun doing the same impossible tasks over and over just to have it all reset.   
    So… no fun = no play.   I tried.  Really I did.  E Nuff.  

Oh BTW…. the thing in the upper right that shows when a farm has something ready to harvest hasn't been working right lately.   More than a few times now the candy farm timer just froze.  If I don't really pay attention to it, well candy could have been in the making and wasn't just because unless I see a farm ready to harvest, I tend to ignore it.  
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    hi everyone (artful, artmaker, fincana and maxiroy)...my time of playing the temp farms has lost all its lustre...during Oktoberfest, didn't play candy farm because I got so frustrated with trying and trying but not getting anywhere fast...felt more like I was spinning my wheels and for what?  Of course, that meant that all contracts at fest tent with gingerbread hearts/ice cream had to be declined, I just clicked the button and moved on...granted with a sigh but I moved on.  I do the same with barnacle and his ship...if have the products I fill what I can to get whatever # of horseshoes I can; and, then move on.  I don't even bother to complain about the company or the game re this particular aspect; to me it's all pointless and unforgiving; and I only get more frustrated and don't want to return...so a lot of times I take a break with Banished or Sims4; and, when I feel more calm, then I come back to the game and just do what I can and what is fun for me.  I really have no strategy like in chess; my game resembles more a game of checkers... :) I hope you find the fun in the game; I've only been playing for a few months now and I don't see myself playing it for years on end...that thought for me is really daunting and a bit scary...there is real life out there; and I don't want to miss all of it by playing this game.....so my words of advice to you all is:  have fun with this, find the fun where you can and don't sweat the other stuff because none of those things are going to change as none of us has any power or control to make changes...toodles and good gaming.

All good points, Ronin.

I've given the Horses many chances to be a 'fun' aspect of the game.

But it's not.  It's not even cute.  I won't do them any more.

I never do anything that has anything to do with The Village.

Except hunt for Mushrooms or other hidden things there.

The Village is a bust - plain & simple.

The Special Farms aspect of the game has also lost it's charm for me.

I'm now one of you who won't do them anymore either.

Sure wish GGS-BF would get their act together, make like professionals and

issue a sincere apology to us in the form of a game that functions properly.

Quit adding stupid junk, especially stupid junk that doesn't work.

Quit trying to be the greatest game on the internet that ever became the

biggest epic-fail in history.

Ronin your absolutely right.   Only reason I keep posting complaints (mostly) here is against all odds, SOMEONE in management will take a look and fix the things people keep consistently complaining about.

Meanwhile yea, temp farms are all a bust.   Already gave up on the coop village.  Even with the candy farm going, it was just too costly for no reward at all.

Horses had such potential but that is pretty boring too.  And now I suppose I need to post in bugs, my prize, some western piece of deco, vanished. 
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    sigh...fincana....I came back on today and sighed with relief that a lot of the activities had left only because I felt inundated with too much of everything and focussing was really hard to do...I am finally getting around to doing the upgrade list requests for my main farm which I am hoping will move things along again and maybe bring back more of the fun aspect of the game.  I avoid the village at all costs even to the extent that I zoom through it in the hunting games...my eyes just can't take the blurry colours of all the buildings etc to find either candy or mushrooms; and since I now have the prizes from both those hunts I really don't miss not getting them again for however many times these hunts will appear in the game.  I look forward to the island farm only because of the lively music, but otherwise I do only the minimum just to get a few extra coupons to get the seeds which can be loaded onto ship to get horseshoes; although I am losing hope that that part of the game will ever really take off to interest me more than the fishing which I do like.   Like artmaker the ranch has not lived up to its potential (whatever it was to be has not happened...sigh)...out of sheer boredom I go there to do something different than always clicking on corn to feed the chickens... :)  Now that winter in Alberta Canada is coming back, I'll be looking to do other things like catching up on my reading, knitting/crocheting and trying to lose weight so that I can get rid of my diabetes2...I know winter is a crazy time to try to do this, but this summer was really out there what with learning I have sleep apnea too...sigh...so like the game everything got a bit too much and with winter, things hopefully will become a bit calmer and can start to focus on one thing at a time...wish me luck...otherwise...hope you find some fun if only to break the sometimes monotony of the day... :) take care to you both
  • When these temporary farms first came out I tried to finish to the end but just not possible.  And of course I would play each one when it came out and I played hard whenever they did come out.

• So some farms are temporary?  Whats the point in playing them?   One comment what they just play the vikings... I lost the viking farm... was it temporary too?  I am too getting fed up cause just can't get to the top... and I refuse to buy gold with real money as the investment just disappears... yes its a game, so will play what's available, when available and not try to win or be on top...
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 07.10.2017
    The candy farm appears to be more difficult than other temporary farms, costs more to run and gives less vouchers. The only benefit I see for me in the candy farm is getting the 3 gold mining licenses and the candy chicken coop, since no one really wants to do the candy farm anymore on my server. Only two players got the candy palace from the candy farm that just finished and one of them told me they won't be doing it again. Compare that to the temporary farm before, the viking farm. Quite a few players completed all 3 chapters and at least 6 players got the winter stone decoration.

I think there needs to be a few changes to the candy farm structure to allow a higher amount of vouchers to be earned during the farm, perhaps a good balance is that the tropical and viking farms can be the more cost efficient option with a lower potential for maximum seashells/runestones without gold, but the candy farm can have higher potential for vouchers but at a much higher price point. The difficulty of completing the candy palace should also be lowered a little bit to allow a larger range of players to have the opportunity to obtain it.
    So some farms are temporary?  Whats the point in playing them?   One comment what they just play the vikings... I lost the viking farm... was it temporary too?  I am too getting fed up cause just can't get to the top... and I refuse to buy gold with real money as the investment just disappears... yes its a game, so will play what's available, when available and not try to win or be on top…
    Some are temporary, some aren't.  Your main farm, not sure your level but guessing your pretty new, eventually you'll get the gourmet farm and flower farm.  Those are all permanent.  Then there are these "event" farms.  Vikings, island, candy… only a set time limit on those.  Don't go broke trying to do them either. Especially if you haven't got  your flower and gourmet farms up and making money yet.  Only real perk to doing those temp farms are so you can get special seeds, so you can send the boat off loaded faster, so you can get horse shoes, so you can train your horses only to watch your level 80 horse consistently lose to a level 12.  Then go scratch your head and say "why am I doing this again?"   lol. 
  • Lanman (US1)Lanman (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    What's up with the candy farm calendar?

It said we had 2 days left to play so I began dismantling things on the 3rd day remaining. The candy help center had a different time remaining. Is that what we're supposed to go by instead of the candy palace calendar showing days remaining?

I managed to get the 5th level completed on the candy palace and was working on level 6. It said in the reward section that I'm supposed to receive 3 candy globes as a reward for completing levels 1 - 5, but only one has ever populated into any of my reward notifications or drop boxes.

At any rate, the candy palace disappeared this morning; 2 days early according to the calendars in candy world.

It's gone and I'm left with the $ and vouchers, which I used immediately to avoid losing them too. It would have been nice to have an accurate calendar so I could have stopped upgrading after finishing level 5 and started dismantling and thus gotten more out of it's closing down.

LM

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @Lanman (US1) if u were following the trade center time for the Candy farm that 1 is always 3 days longer than the event & it sound like u did. Use the world map time for all ur Temp farms times - well maybe the Dream Farm 1 u won't have to, we all know it is only a week long. I also think u may have miss read the rewards - that would be a level 3 Candy Place Globe not 3 of them & they have changed the temp farms so u can keep most of the stuff for the next time it comes around. Check Crazy's for more details.

https://crazybigfarm.net/strategy/candy_farm_walkthrough.htm
  • Lanman (US1)Lanman (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    Thank you for your response to my candy farm calendar query DK (Data King).

Yes, having referred to the information on Crazy Big Farm, I was watching for 2 days remaining to make sure I got as much of the candy farm dismantled as possible before the end of the event. Unfortunately I had not seen or if I saw it I misinterpreted something somewhere and was watching the calendar in the voucher trade center whenever I went to buy things for my main farm. Then I saw a different time remaining in the help center and just figured it closed down a couple of days before the actual candy world ended.

At any rate, thanks to your post I now know to look at the world map calendar, which I was not aware was there.

I wound up with the candy mansion globe. I completed 5 levels thinking I would get the three rewards for doing so. At any rate, hopefully I wound up with the best reward out of the 3 available for having completed 5 levels. If not, then I guess I placed the globe too soon or something.

Yes, I decided to do the tropical island again for the second time this summer and the seashells from last time were there so I used them to get an island garden and kept the rest to let them accumulate.

Thanks again for your response. Enjoy your weekend.

Happy farmin' B) .

LM

Porter Farms Coop

• Lnwolf (US1)Lnwolf (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    I stopped the temporary farms once they broke the horse tournament. I was spending 30 to 60 k gold every event and saw i was not even close to the top farmers.  The temp farms is more geared to get seeds to grow crops for the horseshoes to train and level horses.
  • plovers barrow (IN1)plovers barrow (IN1) IN1 Posts: 82
    edited 24.07.2020
    @Lnwolf (US1) According to me, There are many benefits of playing temporary farms.

* Whenever wheel of fortune appears in temporary farms, you can always spin 1 token to get double experience points booster. You need to maintain your rank under 500 in able to get the booster.

* With very minimum amount of dollars, you can play these farms normally, by planting most basic seeds, selling the productions, along time, and in the end you can buy some sea weed feeds, sea weed humus - they're very precious and comes handy during free skiping as we all know that. 

* Last and the least, if you can manage yourself under top 1000 rank, you'll get 5,000,000 currency (shells,runestones, vouchers, whatsoever )  prize when the event ends, as a ranking reward.

Rest is your wish, however you wish to play, just thought of letting you know how you can make the most use of temporary farms. 
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    For about a year I always played every temp farms (without gold), I wanted to save up my goodies for the versatile fruit garden, cost 39 mil. I collected under 1 mil in a year, so.... I just need to play it for 39 more years :o!!! So I thought "why bother" no point spending my farm $ on them,
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    For about a year I always played every temp farms (without gold), I wanted to save up my goodies for the versatile fruit garden, cost 39 mil. I collected under 1 mil in a year, so.... I just need to play it for 39 more years :o!!! So I thought "why bother" no point spending my farm $ on them,
    There are 3 different currencies for 3 different temp farms, so you can choose to just play one of those types. This way you can save farm dollars. 

You will need a lot of farm dollars to play, so be ready to spend at least 20 million dollars to get 10 million vouchers or seashells. If you are not ready to spend 80M dollars but you can afford to spend 20-30M dollars, I would say candy farm would be good for you. You should aim to get your castle to level 8 to get 150 gold. The exchange rate would be more expensive than buying gold in Benny Bargains, but you would earn vouchers so it is a good deal in my opinion. 

From the next candy farm or island farm, and if you have 250k vouchers or seashells, spend it to get 30 extra workers on the exchange cart, in the temp farm section. Then, for candy farm, try to upgrade the bank to level 3 and later level 4, and 1 field and 1 pen (produces cream and milk) to level 4, the rest of buildings and orchards to level 3. I had 2 level 4 field and pen, and 1 of the rest. That should be enough for level 8 castle and you should have enough to get 5M extra vouchers at the end of the candy farm. It would give several million vouchers, which you will need around 6-7 attempts and 200M+ dollars to get to 39M vouchers. This would be less vouchers than the other 2 temp farms but you get 1k gold along with other decorations. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file