Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"Cooptober" Discussion

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Well, at least if we don't know for sure when the Cooptober event will happen, I just read on the Mod News that the Fishing HWE will start tomorrow...so better save the harvest of your boats of oysters!  So the Mods are trying their best to keep us in the loop of information.
  • Yes I read that too Cli...... and just like last time I do not have one pool with oysters... hmmmm ....I see a pattern developing here   :/  

I also noticed our cce trophy was still there, even though half our co-op didn't participate this time & we fell to the 30th position.  The trophy also says 4 days until the next cce...AGAIN...boo hiss   :o

Yes I read that too Cli...... and just like last time I do not have one pool with oysters... hmmmm ....I see a pattern developing here   :/  

I also noticed our cce trophy was still there, even though half our co-op didn't participate this time & we fell to the 30th position.  The trophy also says 4 days until the next cce...AGAIN...boo hiss   :o

Well I just got one little pool of 67 little oysters and no other pools of oysters on the horizon....so I will get off to a slow start on the fishing HWE...but as long as I get the GMLs I don't stress over the top 50 spots....probably will never get those without spending a lot of gold or getting herring...lots of herring as the very next fish after oysters.  But that is rare....only the lucky few (probably those who get into the top 50 spots) get that kind of line up of fish.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    It is obvious they need time to throw it all together.  It is already 6 days into October and there is/was no announcement what-so-ever. And to top it off, 4 of them were business working days.  I feel it was just an excuse for starting the coop challenge so soon after the last one. I may be very naive but I am certainly not stupid.    
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Everything about this game seems very rushed and unorganized at the moment. My coop won yet another 3000 WWC points as a reward in CC totalling at least 10,000+ useless WWC points since that event finished months back. Will they be added to our tally when the next WWC starts???

My dog also hasn't given me a reward since the cat was introduced........compensation package anyone? :p
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I too have not recieved anything from my dogs since the cat was intro'd.They eat and dissapear.. 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 06.10.2017
    I guess the only good thing so far for me putting a kitty on my farm is I still have a dog and he gives rewards as usual... she does turn white though when I collect my XP from her!  (I only have 1 doghouse)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Really as @artful (US1)  says GGS really burning my biscuits, in the CC before last we were in top ten so should have had the trophy for two weeks then they get greedy and bring it back in a week so now instead of having 3 weeks  of the trophy we got two. This is a FOUL for all those who worked for that challenge and yes probably used gold to get there, FIX THIS GGS PLEASE.
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    Since the deep sea fishing "debacle" our little co-op has done just enough not to get demoted from the bronze league, could have easily advance with some hard work and bit of gold; we haven't bought gold either...
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I had not even noticed that presents from the dog stopped, but it is true, I have not seen one in days..  I guess that I can remove my dog houses.  They are useless otherwise.
    That's odd, I still get mine.  My dog is only a level 5 and doesn't have a special color on mf. Perhaps that's why???

Still no dog house prizes for me....not since the cat update.
    For Monday.....Hopefully the CMs can let us know about:

1.  The Coop HW

2.  Happy Hour bugs

3.  Fish "market" rebalancing (When this was left out of an update two weeks ago, we were promised that this would follow in a few days!)

------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have one slot open in my coop for a good farmer
    Where is Happy Hour??????

Is Cooptober cancelled?  ....It sure seems so.
    I have 3 cats and 3 dogs.  My dogs are fine.  They all show the icon to let me know when it is time to feed them and when it is time to collect gifts. They do turn white while training and do disappear after the trick animation but they do not disappear from my farm.  All 3 cats are stuck walking in place in front of there cat trees.  

The biggest and most frustrating problem I have with the cat is that poor thing is either always hungry or wanting to give me a gift but of course it can't because I need a bazillion charms.
    Where is Happy Hour??????

Is Cooptober cancelled?  ....It sure seems so.
    Did you really believe there ever actually was a Cooptober planned?  Not one OA with any real details as of yet and it is already 10 days into October. IMHO it was an excuse for the premature CC.  If they actually intend to have one they are busy working on putting it together. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 10.10.2017
    Given the recent problems with new events, do you really WANT them to roll Cooptober out?
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Given the recent problems with new events, do you really WANT them to roll Cooptober out?
    No! A fix rolled out would be nice though.
    I wonder if this "Cooptober" thing is just a bunch of back to back CCs! Phew! :o:#:p
    All these issues with the cat and they roll out yet another CC that starts in less than a day and a half.  I think I am actually starting to HATE CCs.  They use to be fun and exciting. Now there is absolutely no thrill to them what-so-ever. 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    All these issues with the cat and they roll out yet another CC that starts in less than a day and a half.  I think I am actually starting to HATE CCs.  They use to be fun and exciting. Now there is absolutely no thrill to them what-so-ever. 
    I do so agree !!!!   :¬(((
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well my fears realized cooptober is nothing but one CC after another with maybe this HW coop event that you haven't ruled out yet.  Again you people working on this and Chat and not addressing the issues of cat and dogs  I think I may have to plan a vacatober  
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546

Is there no one at GGS, who listens to their players. Horrible again Coop Challenge.

Gerelateerde afbeelding

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    It's not ended yet. More iteration of CC means it'll come more often, but new "Cooptober" event still don't shown up. It means you still don't suffer enough.
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    What is going on another CC!  They were supposed to be once a fortnight which was bad enough but now once a week! What is GGS playing at, are you trying to sicken everyone, well if you are, it's working.  Can we have an explanation as to what is going on, please?  
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    im assuming it's their main money maker and it appears they've every intention of running it weekly now

once a month was plenty

if they're intent on seeing coops shrink and CC being ignored by many, they're on track
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    im assuming it's their main money maker and it appears they've every intention of running it weekly now

once a month was plenty

if they're intent on seeing coops shrink and CC being ignored by many, they're on track

Agree, I for one, will be taking it easy on this one just doing enough to help out my coop and that will be it, no going mad xxx
    I use to absolutely love the CCs.  I use to get soooooooooooooo excited when I would see the countdown timer.  I would stay up late burning both ends of the candle, doing mission after mission. Then I would wake up early and do more missions.  Now when I see the countdown timer I cringe. 

But well ya know .... people keep throwing gold at the CCs and GGS is going to keep throwing the CCs at us. The CCs are probably GGS's highest source of revenue.  I see people with 30K and 40K or higher worth of feed during missions.  I do see a lot of eggs and milk, however those could be from using resources (seaweed feed) but certainly not the feed, there is no resources to speed that up only gold. 
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Another co-op championship ????    Not at all impressed.   
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Since the CCs are a never-ending yawn fest now, our coop just does a little bit to win a few nice rewards and that's about it.  
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    What is going on another CC!  They were supposed to be once a fortnight which was bad enough but now once a week! What is GGS playing at, are you trying to sicken everyone, well if you are, it's working.  Can we have an explanation as to what is going on, please?  

Well - it was announced, wasn't it? So we all knew it would come weekly during this month .... I guess some players will be happy with it, others will prolly ignore it coz they don't have the time or don't like competing that much .... This game is all about making choices.

See:  https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/162749/cooptober#latest
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    Not happy to see another CC so soon after the other.  Like others, I'm always wondering if the folks at GGS really even listen to what we're saying.  Then I found this on their website:

DATA BEATS OPINION

DATA DRIVEN DECISION MAKING

Our analytical and scientific approach leaves nothing to chance. We optimize our products continuously and meticulously, measuring improvements in numbers and data. We’re constantly building up proven knowledge and expertise to repeat success instead of relying on one-hit wonders.

Hmm, so does this mean the opinion of the folks who actually play the game has no value because they rely solely on numbers and data?  Don't get me wrong, in any business numbers and data are critical, but so is input from the people involved and using it.  They "optimize their products continuously and meticulously."  Also known as "rebalancing," and introducing untested features which add additional glitches to the game.  I truly would never use the word meticulous in the same sentence with Big Farm, except for maybe the graphic artists.

So here we have another CC, yet we still have the dogs astray, dockyard awaiting changes, Fish Market contracts needing adjusted, Happy Hour MIA, all the glitches of Oktoberfest dealt with and folks reimbursed for the losses they sustained, and the list goes on and on.  Isn't it funny that when GGS did the survey asking US what we wanted to see added/changed/adjusted, I am positive "Chat" wasn't even in the top 20.  <shakes head>   :(

Cooptober sounded interesting to me, but with every new item rolling out and causing other problems, or adding to existing ones, I've become more apprehensive than excited. 

How much time do I have? 28 1/2 hours.  Better get busy making more spec seeds, get another donation into the coop, and gear up for the CC....or NOT!

Sign In to comment.