Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 19th - Oktoberfest! - Discussion

Comments

• Ironheart (NL1)Ironheart (NL1) NL1 Posts: 57
    yet another high rank, big reward thing...in other words:

Thank you, you gold spenders...

0 attention towards this event from me, as the items from the hard word arent worth the trouble nor time

• Andrew56 (AU1)Andrew56 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 879
    I am not liking the event!

I thought they would be taking the Candy farm ingrediants out.  They did not; No one in my Co-op has done the candy farm (& NO one wants to).  

Not Happy GGS!

I have looked at the numbers.  This update is a dud. 

If you are interested in farm profitability, this event is not for you.
    ^Perfectly agree!
    This event is a dud!  I would stay well away!
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 19.09.2017

I thought they would be taking the Candy farm ingrediants out.  They did not; No one in my Co-op has done the candy farm (& NO one wants to).  

Not Happy GGS!

^Perfectly agree!

It may be reasonable for recipes to require candy farm items that are unlocked initially, but definitely not high tier buildings such as alpaca and cocoa.  

They had reduced amounts without candy farm items for the descriptions, but forgot to edit the functional part of the production buildings. 

• They did a very good job designing the interface and animations, same with some previous updates, but did not know that proper functioning and reasonable bala doncing are more important than appearance.  

The only thing it looks like they did do from the test server  was a new colorful gingerbread cookie...too bad they didn't put legs on them so we could chase them around and maybe catch one because if you don't have the candy farm up to snuff, you can forget about it ! 

So why did they not think about adding a Oktoberfest Omar wagon in which we could have purchased cocoa powder ect  to fill the orders ?    For those who might want to give it a go....  hummmm?  Is anyone using their noggin in there ?   :)

Official event description
    Hey Everyone,
    We know that it is late & you are probably all wondering where the update is
    • We did one final internal team test today and decided the event gameplay wasn't as fun as we wanted
    • We decided to add a couple of additional working days to optimise it
    • The Test server will soon be updated & will have the Oktoberfest event on it 
    • The Update & Event will come to the live servers next week (Tuesday or Wednesday)
    • You will have until Monday to try out the Oktoberfest & give feedback ON THE TEST SERVER FORUM,  if you want to.

Sorry for the confusion, but better to have a 100% perfect event.... Enjoy! 
    I think it is only 75% done testing before it was cut off unfinished.  

They did a very good job designing the interface and animations, same with some previous updates, but did not know that proper functioning and reasonable bala doncing are more important than appearance.  

The only thing it looks like they did do from the test server  was a new colorful gingerbread cookie...too bad they didn't put legs on them so we could chase them around and maybe catch one because if you don't have the candy farm up to snuff, you can forget about it ! 

So why did they not think about adding a Oktoberfest Omar wagon in which we could have purchased cocoa powder ect  to fill the orders ?    For those who might want to give it a go....  hummmm?  Is anyone using their noggin in there ?   :)

I can spend dollars for candy farm ingredients, but never gold.  
    edited 20.09.2017

Not Happy GGS!

^Perfectly agree!

It may be reasonable for recipes to require candy farm items that are unlocked initially, but definitely not high tier buildings such as alpaca and cocoa.  

They had reduced amounts without candy farm items for the descriptions, but forgot to edit the functional part of the production buildings. 

@dchen1 (US1) Yes, maybe they could have done that, (A lot of people would still be disinterested) but that couldv'e worked.

Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
    edited 20.09.2017

No need to say what type of contract, they are all limited contracts.  It is just a rework of the regular contracts.  
  • They did a very good job designing the interface and animations, same with some previous updates, but did not know that proper functioning and reasonable bala doncing are more important than appearance.  

He has offers for cash too...in fact I think someone ask if there would be a Oktoberfest Wheel ...that would have been nice also  B)

What?!?!

Oh!  10 of every item, but for 32000 gold?!

What?!?!

Oh!  10 of every item, but for 32000 gold?!

GGS just trying to make money.  That's all this event is!
    edited 20.09.2017
    They did a very good job designing the interface and animations, same with some previous updates, but did not know that proper functioning and reasonable bala doncing are more important than appearance.  

He has offers for cash too...in fact I think someone ask if there would be a Oktoberfest Wheel ...that would have been nice also  B)
    Should be much more common than the regular Omar free cash offers, Otherwise, I will skip ice cream and original gingerbread hearts.  Also, you cant have less than 300 visitors, so at least 150 points per contract.  
  • Grünter (DE1)Grünter (DE1) DE1 Posts: 151
    At the test server there were different recipies for different levels of players. With lvl26 i did not need any stuff from the candy farm but the higher players needed. maybe the information texts show the recipies for lower levels or an older version.

anyway even for the old recipies i would not play this event.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Can anyone tell me what this nursery booster has to do with the Oktoberfest?  Am I missing something?????
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    The greenhouse booster effects the seeds provided by the candy farm voucher system thus you will need less of them if you get more yield from what you currently have to grow.  

Strange logic indeed !    Took me a while to wrap my head around that one.  
  • Every time I go to the village and come back and try to open inventory, the organic market splash page shows up, you have to click the X to see inventory.
    If "Complete contract" button is enable, there is no organic market splash page.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    The only good thing about Oktoberfest is that it's such an easy no-brainer to decide you want nothing to do with it.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    @Lylu (INT1)
    Thanks so much for your spreadsheet updated with sell prices.  Great work.   

You may have just saved many farmers a lot of money.
  • My first lazy worker gave me 10 ice cream. Since I was not doing the Candy Farm, I thought that was nice until I went to fill an order and discovered there was NO ice cream in my inventory.

I nominate Oktoberfest for the buggiest and worst event presented by GGS so far.
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    edited 20.09.2017
    I tried filling a couple of contracts and keep getting an error code won't let me fill them, guess time to hit the ignore button on this part of bf.

The way they keep raising levels needed to upgrade buildings and the amount of farm dollars making it almost impossible for us 97th levels. Been trying to maintain an interest in this game but GGS is making it harder and harder to do so....Guess they only want the paying customers and are trying rid the game of us former gold buyers.

jmho
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    So my fishing region is suffering from an economy crash and the favorite offer is to buy fish?  :D  
    ps. the announcement was right, Oktoberfest is not much fun.
  • I give up... Every time I turn around there is some 'new' thing they are doing while NOT fixing the stuff they already know about.... Why bother with yet another glitchy upgrade when I got plenty of bugs to play with now? No thanks BF keep my 5 bucks that I paid into this it wasn't even worth that much. I'm done I have better things to do than waste being here chasing bugs, like watching grass grow it would be more fun with less bugs. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 20.09.2017
    I tried filling a couple of contracts and keep getting an error code won't let me fill them, guess time to hit the ignore button on this part of bf.

The way they keep raising levels needed to upgrade buildings and the amount of farm dollars making it almost impossible for us 97th levels. Been trying to maintain an interest in this game but GGS is making it harder and harder to do so....Guess they only want the paying customers and are trying rid the game of us former gold buyers.

jmho
    If they would just focus on keeping loyal gold buyers happy while working to turn free players into gold buyers in the right way (as in making them happy, not squeezing the living daylights out of them), we wouldn't be caught in this no fun money grab.  The way to do that is to make it a game people want to play, and put in safeguards to avoid accidental gold spending.  

Instead, it's like they are punishing us for complaining.  How dare they?  We'll show them.  Let's cut their income while raising their prices through the roof.
    edited 20.09.2017

You must visit the candy farm to start production on items that need products from there.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

You must visit the candy farm to start production on items that need products from there.  
    We know, we know.  Unfortunately, a lot of players don't do the candy farm, and don't like being forced into it.  (It also messes up the boat strategy for some as Barnacle would then start asking them for candy farm fruits instead of the fruits from the temp farms they do participate in.)  
  • edited 20.09.2017
    If you look at the info button on the Oktoberfest products  the ingredient list is totally different from what is really needed.    Cherry juice:  1 cherry 1 water --   in reality  120 cherry and 8 sugar  Pretzel: 1 wheat 2 eggs -- in reality  60 wheat 150 milk and 1 water    Gingerbread: 2 wheat 3 eggs 4 milk  -- in reality  80 wheat  12 honey 30 cocoa 6 sugar
      I would call that quite a difference.  Why bother with an info button???

I have looked at what I thought would be the only redeeming feature of this update.....the new building levels.  But, holy cow!  The prices are absurd....absolutely silly.  500 million, 600 million, 200 million.  I know they are supposed to be expensive, but they are just plain silly.

I have tried really, really hard to continue to see the bright side, during the fishing debacle and even during this Oktoberfest event, but it is getting insanely difficult to stay positive, when I see numbers like this.  These prices are joke-ish.  I truly have no words for how silly they are.  The game is supposed to have levels that you want to aspire to-----NOT levels that you find it silly to aspire to.
    Possible Bug:

Since I upgraded the Windmill, I have run it four times, and none of those times did it give me alien footprints, as it always should.  
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Every time I go to the village and come back and try to open inventory, the organic market splash page shows up, you have to click the X to see inventory.
    If "Complete contract" button is enable, there is no organic market splash page.
    Where is complete contract button?    Do you mean there is a setting somewhere to turn this dumb thing off for good?   I wish they wouldn't clog up the game with totally meaningless junk like this.
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Instead of the usual +5% bonus, Oktoberfest contracts have a hidden +400% bonus.  Each visitor awarded by a contract costs $68.
Sign In to comment.