Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

August 25 Hotfix: Temporary Deep Sea Changes & more! - Discussion

Comments

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    @Shay1968 (US1), they want 357 clams.
    gee i could fill that for you  :D problem is i don't want the token !
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    some kind of glitch at the DSF market while it appears that I have 1 MO and the rest have 7 minutes - this is not true

Filled and sent a batch of 4 then immediately reopened the DSF market

imagine my surprise to see a MO "ready to fill" again ---

so...as soon as I fill and send the "fillable" order and send and immediately reopen the market one of the orders on a timer (but only one) becomes immediately available been filling and sending for the last 6 minutes .....

The organic market works the same way.  If you DELIVER (not decline) the last remaining active contract, you are immediately given a new active contract.  (Actually, in the organic market, you can get 2 new contracts immediately.)  So if you've got a couple you can deliver and others you're going to refuse - do your declining first and only then deliver your last contracts.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Three things need to be done here in my opinion (since its obvious GGS will never bring back the direct fish selling)

1. Leave the fish pool configuration as it is now, make it permanent
    2. Take the crap out of contracts and give us something more useful (crap=water/rakes/charms)
    3. Cut the costs of equipment/crew and align it with the reductions in profits (-60 to -80%)

I prefer deep sea the way it was but if we have to work with this new adjustment at least make it workable for us and stop screwing players over.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    I got an offer that offer a seaweed feed and a token for 169 shrimps. I don't look at plus and minus, just do it if I can recoup the loss by harvesting, producing, and fishing. If you look at it, you'll NEVER move on. Even the new player become smarter to adapt than before
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 27.08.2017
    I have read everything GGS has said.  I have read every post and every comment on those posts. (CraftyCritters offered a brilliant and fair solution.)  Unfortunately, it's extremely unlikely that GGS will ever listen to what any of us say.  GGS doesn't care what we say.  They are not going to let us sell our fish.  They are not going to improve the fish market contracts.  After the FHWE, the small temporary improvements will revert back.  People can threaten to stop buying gold. People can threaten to stop playing the game.  People can actually stop playing the game.  It doesn't matter.  GGS doesn't care what we say, they only look at the gold sales and statistics of farm activity.  

In my opinion we only have one option that might force GGS to listen to us. Stop doing anything with the fish.  Don't do the Fishing HWE.  Don't send out your fleet.  Don't buy any boats or fleet supplies.  Don't upgrade any boats or the Dockyard.  Don't complete any Fish Market orders.  Don't make any chum. Don't do anything connected to the Deep Sea Fishing. For most of us, putting the deepsea fishing on hold won't be a loss at all (do you really need that drop of water?).  For those few who already have an extensive fleet and seem to be happy with the fishing, maybe they could support the rest of us on the chance that fishing could be a lot better for all of us.

As long as people keep fishing and filling Fish Market orders and keep buying gold, GGS will not make changes.  They like how it is now.  They don't care if we are happy. They have stolen our farmdollars; they have made our fish inventory worthless; they have stolen our gold; and they are happy about it. They would do it again if they could.  They have no incentive to change anything.   

If all we do is posts complaints, nothing will change.  If we continue to exchange fish for a few drops of water and a 'promise' of something better later, things will never get better.  If GGS can keep us playing their game by giving us false promises, that is all we will ever get - false promises.  

If you trust GGS and believe what they tell you, go ahead and keep fishing.  If you are tired of being lied to, ignored, cheated and fed false promises, stop fishing.

GGS does not care what we say.  But if we all work together in a grassroots movement, there is a small chance they will listen to our actions.

CC
    I was thinking the same thing. If NO one Not one person use the DSF at all they would look into why and how to make people use it.

BUT that is never going to happen. There are people out there that like it the way it is, other will just play it the way it is and make the best of it, and then there are some that use gold and use it to win and be in the top 10 no matter what.

I for one play the game like I did before the DSF just like it is not part of the game at all. I have said it before and will say it again I had slowed up on playing due to feeling I was not able to get anyplace after 4 years. Then the DSF came and I played and spent more as the game had new life again. Now I am back to where I was before DSF. Log in once a day play maybe an hour and that is it. 

What I would like to see is direct selling back even if it is for half the amount we had. That would make me interested again. The contracts they have now I have no interest in. It would cost me to much to get to little and I would still feel like i was not advancing.  I wold also like to see Steve show up once a week or more so you can do something in the game.
    Post edited by stef7 (US1) on
    some kind of glitch at the DSF market while it appears that I have 1 MO and the rest have 7 minutes - this is not true

Filled and sent a batch of 4 then immediately reopened the DSF market

imagine my surprise to see a MO "ready to fill" again ---

so...as soon as I fill and send the "fillable" order and send and immediately reopen the market one of the orders on a timer (but only one) becomes immediately available been filling and sending for the last 6 minutes .....

The organic market works the same way.  If you DELIVER (not decline) the last remaining active contract, you are immediately given a new active contract.  (Actually, in the organic market, you can get 2 new contracts immediately.)  So if you've got a couple you can deliver and others you're going to refuse - do your declining first and only then deliver your last contracts.
    really ... never noticed always saw the timer so i wait  : P - thanks for the heads up 

Three things need to be done here in my opinion (since its obvious GGS will never bring back the direct fish selling)

2. Take the crap out of contracts and give us something more useful (crap=water/rakes/charms)
    3. Cut the costs of equipment/crew and align it with the reductions in profits (-60 to -80%)

I prefer deep sea the way it was but if we have to work with this new adjustment at least make it workable for us and stop screwing players over.
    the pool configuration sucks! while i had a sword fish pool it was days ago !! although i have had 4 pools of lobster today this is still out of wack  - and from other peoples posts the # fish per pool per type (although i have seen only some of that issue) is also way out of wack 
  • I loved the good old days when I could look forward to logging into this game and earning enough to build my farm and get the really cool prizes that made farming on GGS so much fun. Well, those days are over. I only log in every once in awhile - just enough to help my Coop with projects and challenges. I have not bought gold since the Deep Sea Fishing Fiasco. I will not buy any more gold. I am also not doing the Fishing Hard Worker Event  - no interest anymore - or even the other new events and I have found 2 mushroom, mostly by chance.

Really, I would describe myself as waiting to see if GGS is going to do right by its customers or not. You see, I have found other games that will do right by their customers.When they mess up, they admit it and apologize - then give a little gold to back up their assertion they are sorry. They treat us like we are real people behind the computer screen. In essence, I guess I am saying I feel highly disrespected by GGS. In fact, I feel offended.

Before the Deep Sea Fishing Fiasco, I spent more money than I should have and made room in my budget because IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! I loved playing this game this summer! And had you asked me - I would have told you that I would be playing this game for a long time (sadly, I don't think that anymore). But at that time, the deep sea fishing made all the difference. It was so very wonderful - what a good idea it was. Even if you had just made the fish worth less, this would not be an issue. What you have done is to ask us to invest in crew and capacity to go get fish to put in STORAGE to HOPE we get a contract that MAY give us enough to break even on what we have invested to get ALL the fish we have in storage. This essentially breaks our farm and we are doing subsistence farming, like in a third world country farming game. I wanted to dream big - not game hand to mouth.

Well, I have heard an adage that the customer is always right. I don't care who you are or whether we ever meet in person, I am your customer and by your actions and responses, you have told me that not only am I not right, but I am not important to you. I got your message...and because of that, you don't have my money. I wish you well, I will continue to check in to see if sanity has returned to your company, but there are too many games to play to let frustration and angst about how I am being treated on a VIDEO GAME into my limited fun time. Peace be to you. 
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    As I said u need herring to complete the fhwe 
    Oh yeah baby I have herring on the box now I can complete it
    icaugth Solomon 4 days before in case I don't get the pool and I don't get it on time lol so :p:p
    As I said u need herring to complete the fhwe 
    Oh yeah baby I have herring on the box now I can complete it 
  • Agree with all of above. Disgusted. Deflated. Demoralised here. Not spending gold. Half hardheartedly catching a mushroom if I happen to see it. Not fishing with any intent...odd lobster now and again...boycotting fish market, not doing fishing HWE...and so it will stay until things change. Game utterly unbalanced now they have done the following: taken selling deep sea fish away, increased CC events to far to often, cut island times, need I go on? We all know the score...gold greedy GGS are making the game impossible to enjoy and throwing feeble excuses to us like scraps to dogs...re balancing indeed...I dont think so.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    No one has mentioned that being able to sell fish only through the fish market means that your fish are, by definition, WORTHLESS until you're lucky enough to be offered a contract that will buy them.  The amount you can then sell and the price you will then receive are valid only for that ONE contract and it is quite obvious that the contracts vary wildly.  Is it possible to calculate, plan and optimize profits for DSF?  NO!!!  Those profits are utterly controlled by the whims of BigFarm through the contracts they deign to offer.

There's only one strategy that can be used now - catch all the fish you can to enable you to fill any random contract that shows up, and HOPE that BigFarm will allow you a profit over time.  They usually do.  It's usually small.  But they've removed any control a player has over the outcome of his playing.

So once again, GGS has turned game players and strategizers into mere gambling addicts. 
    you are absolutely correct about the worthlessness of your fish via the market but this has been said over and over again directly and by sentiment in most/if not all threads relating to the dockyard

those that fill a contract and suggest there's decent money to be made aren't doing the sums, unless you're sending empty boats you're pretty much working at a loss - factored into this is also the fact some will be using fish they caught under the original dockyard, using crew and items they already had before the nerf and so on

if you cleared out everything and then started filling contracts, you'd soon see how the market is not cost effective in the slightest - you dont have to do that, you could simply do the numbers to know that but for some they won't realise this until the stark reality of losing money on the dockyard hits them

and these are players with fleets already built, imagine the kind of money being thrown away with ongoing upgrades, extremely expensive upgrades that weren't 're-balanced' when they reduced the value of your fish to minnow proportions - the original dockyard allowed for jaw dropping upgrade prices cos it was an uber money maker, it's rubbish now, so what's paying for the upgrades now and for what purpose? cos your dockyard isn't going to make you significant money. players would be much better off spending their dollars elsewhere

to the suggestion (i think it was scissors), that if we'd never had the original dockyard money, wouldnt we be building boats now anyway - nooooooooooooo way, i have a calculator, it is my friend and it tells me when there's a money pit that doesn't warrant any investment (temp farms are money pits but they do have benefits that for some are worth it, ie i like having thousands of seaweed, the dollar investment is worth that to me)

to the suggestion that if we all abandon the dockyard GGS would have to do something - i dont think they would, they made their play and got their gold, what we do with it from here on out they dont care, it's served its purpose from their perspective and if each dockyard becomes a boat graveyard, so be it, doesn't effect them

i'm doing the fhwe cos it hasnt cost me anything, i sent out empty boats prior to the start day and so was ready to dump all that into it and any subsequent boats sent out are using roys and brigittes i already have (i used to buy them a thousand at a time so had near a thousand of each when it was nerfed)

once the hwe is over, it's back to sending empty boats out for oysters etc to make bronze mystery boxes

the pool configuration sucks! while i had a sword fish pool it was days ago !! although i have had 4 pools of lobster today this is still out of wack  - and from other peoples posts the # fish per pool per type (although i have seen only some of that issue) is also way out of wack 
    Clear the closest pools fast by loading ur boats with time crews. I have 3 swordfish pools at the moment, taking advantage by stocking up on these fishes before GGS change pools back to the crap configuration.
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

Clear the closest pools fast by loading ur boats with time crews. I have 3 swordfish pools at the moment, taking advantage by stocking up on these fishes before GGS change pools back to the crap configuration.
    if you use gold for that you stepped in a trick of ggs lol
    No gold needed......trawlers with 6 brigettes will bring ur boats back within 2 to 2 and a half hours. My gold use in this game is extremely rare due to being around long enough to see GGS scam and lie to us update after update.
    edited 27.08.2017

Clear the closest pools fast by loading ur boats with time crews --- that is already done - been done and done - I clear many pools per day  every 2-4 hours and still haven't had swordfish pools for days  - i did have lobster and swordfish after 8/16 for a couple of days when most others posting said theirs had dried up
  • zyzzie (US1)zyzzie (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    What about some changes to the horse farm. Very boring! Also the fishing challenge never seems to work correctly. Always loosing money when changes are made!!!!!
  • Maybe you want to see this @FarmerCli (US1)? (How 'fair' they giving the reward for fulfilling the contract)

Of course it is nice to get some things that would otherwise be costing gold. BUT most of the rewards are rubbish, and the dollar reward on EVERY contract needs to be bigger than the cost of catching the fish needed.

On the plus side, I, who usually do the maths for everything, had somehow overseen the fact that some of the contracts on the normal market are bad. I had somehow just assumed that I was making more dollar on them than on selling directly. I am at lvl 99 on that market. But after checking, I realized that some of the contracts offered xp, and than did not offer as much dollar as I would get from selling directly. 

I don't care about xp, water, coins etc. They are nice, absolutely, but only if they are free. I can happily work in the game, harvesting and so on, to get them. But their value are 0 dollar and 0 gold in my world. 

I do not have to make a lot of dollar on either market, but they have to be profitable, in dollar, every single contract. I play the game to make dollar, to enable me to build stuff on my farms. The other stuff are just icing, but I can totally live without them. 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324

With all my fish stuck in inventory I cannot afford upgrades.  I would rather use the farm cash that I do have to upgrade buildings and stables on my farms.  I am doing the FHWE only because I was trying to give the fishing and market a chance and sent out 4 boats to the closest pools.  I have a LOT of crew in inventory from before the change because I too bought in large bulk.  I did claim my free seaweed feed so when emptying a boat triggered the FHWE I figured I would just collect as many prizes as I could.  The only pools I had at the time were shrimp and tuna pools.  And the 4 closest pools were all the shrimp/oyster/clam pools.  So I guess I got very lucky there.  Needless to say, not one shrimp pool respawned. My next thing in the box was swordfish, a swordfish hole did spawn, so I sent one boat to get a few swordfish using some of my old gear.  The 3rd box was/is herring which is part of the tuna pool so I sent a few boats for herring.  I used NO gold and used what equipment I had except I did buy 2 Roys and 3 herring baskets.  I really have not done much at all in my opinion. Simply collected a few boats and sent a few boats out. Actually didn't even start the FHWE until about 3 hours after it started.  I am currently ranked 34.  I still have 20 hours and 39 minutes on the clock.  I already have the mining licenses and plan to let the timer run out and not send out or bring in anymore boats. I do NOT need a Skipjack.  I know I would never make it to the top 5, so I would rather let someone that might need a skipjack fill my spot.  

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I totally understand, Sonnarps (SKN 1), and I agree, I don't need waterdroplets, extra XPs, and deco parts, but I keep getting the water droplets. You would think we were preparing for a drought...my storage water buckets are near full the way it is...and will be as I harvest stuff on my own farm.  In my estimation, since I get free water droplets every day just farming, these fish contracts with only water droplets should be only asking for 1 oyster...that would be a fairer trade, especially seeing how long it takes to accumulate this many oysters!  :o

Shay1968, I feel for you concerning how so outrageously expensive those trawlers are to upgrade...it is discouraging....but even your level 2 trawlers unequipped will continue to bring in fish....fish that eventually you can use for the Mermaid Bay....That is what I mostly use mine for.  :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    What about some changes to the horse farm. Very boring! Also the fishing challenge never seems to work correctly. Always loosing money when changes are made!!!!!
    You just answered your first question.  "Always losing money when changes are made!!!!!"  Which is EXACTLY why no changes should be made on the horse farm.  (Presuming you mean the horse ranch, and not the thing in the meadow.)  It may be boring, but the tourneys bring in some decent rewards. :)
    You just answered your first question.  "Always losing money when changes are made!!!!!"  Which is EXACTLY why no changes should be made on the horse farm.  (Presuming you mean the horse ranch, and not the thing in the meadow.)  It may be boring, but the tourneys bring in some decent rewards. :)
    You are both right!  Zyzzie, if you are not getting a consistent supply of horseshoes to upgrade you horses, then the 80 horseshoes per day for working out in the speed track each day, can be slow and laborious & uninteresting, but if you are getting extra horseshoes from sending the greenhouse produce to the ship and then filling all the orders of the ship, then getting your horse up to higher competition level can go faster and be more interesting.  :)
    edited 27.08.2017
    Shay1968, I feel for you concerning how so outrageously expensive those trawlers are to upgrade...it is discouraging....but even your level 2 trawlers unequipped will continue to bring in fish....fish that eventually you can use for the Mermaid Bay....That is what I mostly use mine for.  :)
    I never noticed that the Mermaid Bay had recipes that required products from the DEADsea.  I will have to take a look at the numbers and see if it would be better to completely skip the market nonsense and just make fish dishes.  I certainly don't need a few drops of water or rakes.  I hope GGS is not planning to steal the water from our farms like they stole our toolboxes and our sell button for fish inventory.

Edited to add:  Well I guess I won't be making any fish dishes using the DEADsea fish.  I first have to wait for Steve to show up. I only have a level 5 Mermaid Bay. 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Dear GG.  (as if they are ever going to read any of this.) lol. not.

But I keep trying.
    So you know,  after this whole fiasco, I would not spend ONE RED CENT on this game now even if you did finally put on a gold lock.  
    You all made it abundantly clear how little you care about your customers here.  I don't do business with any company who treats people like floor mats.  EVER.  

I don't give a hoot about your deep sea thing anymore. The boats I already worked hard to upgrade? That's as far and as many as I will ever get.   I send them out empty, they get what they get.
    I don't care about your hard worker (DID that already.)  I don't care about your lame market.  RAKES?  Honestly I don't even know what your suppose to do with those.  NOT a clue.  Don't need it, don't want it, it is NOT a "reward."  

I don't care about your stupid coop village.  TOTAL waste of time that was.  ZERO earnings out of that whole thing.  Where is the "balance" there?  Nope, aside from hunting for mushrooms, that's the only time I will even look at that page.

Don't care much for events anymore.  Once my favorite things.  You made it impossible to ever see the highest prize without using every inch of space for production.  SO what's the point of a deco prize if you can't use it?  PHOEY!

Temp farms, islands etc.   PHOEY on that too.  I can't ever get through the second chapter let alone the end. 
    Why we can't save where we left off so the next time it rolls around we can at least see what the higher end items look like at least once.  But again, you don't read posts here, may as well just delete your "suggestions" section for as much as you seem to care about it.

No… this game is just my happy little time eating click fest.  I no longer care much about any aspect of it anymore.   

In fact I seriously think you must be intentionally trying to bankrupt your own company.
    It's the only reason for such continued stupidity and ignorance on your end.  
    Trying to downsize are ya?  Seems to be working.

• @Shay1968 (US1) If you are asking if the high sale prices will be brought back, the answer is no. The best prices that you can get for your fish will be the high value contracts & having a stockpile of fish in your inventory, will be an advantage in getting your market up to those contracts faster. The contracts have been improved in the hotfix, so once you have filled enough to get 6 on the page, the values & profits will increase.
    LOL
    as i said because the took the deep sea away and wont lower the cost of the high end up grades remove my farm from the game i quit
    @Shay1968 (US1) If you are asking if the high sale prices will be brought back, the answer is no. The best prices that you can get for your fish will be the high value contracts & having a stockpile of fish in your inventory, will be an advantage in getting your market up to those contracts faster. The contracts have been improved in the hotfix, so once you have filled enough to get 6 on the page, the values & profits will increase.
    LOL
    as i said because the took the deep sea away and wont lower the cost of the high end up grades remove my farm from the game i quit
    Another player leaving.  How many more players have to quit before GG$ realizes many players are unhappy and there is a very serious problem with the balancing?

Why reduce the value of the fish and the availability and not reduce the cost of the equipment or boats and dockyard upgrades?
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Again another player removed from the play. As long as the DSF Nerf still exist, you'll going down GGS. Sorry
    @Shay1968 (US1) If you are asking if the high sale prices will be brought back, the answer is no. The best prices that you can get for your fish will be the high value contracts & having a stockpile of fish in your inventory, will be an advantage in getting your market up to those contracts faster. The contracts have been improved in the hotfix, so once you have filled enough to get 6 on the page, the values & profits will increase.
    LOL
    Is it possible that we can remove our farm from the game if yes let me know I am thinking about something 
    LOL
    Is it possible that we can remove our farm from the game if yes let me know I am thinking about something 
    Once GGS cancels the account that your farm has (associated with your email) then you no longer have access to your farm....you can disconnect from a coop but not from GGS's Big Farm system...all farms are tied into the Big Farm network system.  So you will be unable to "take your farm and run it apart from GGS" or play your game under another internet farm game that is not Big Farm.  I am not sure if this answers your question.
Sign In to comment.