Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

August 25 Hotfix: Temporary Deep Sea Changes & more! - Discussion

Comments

• T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    @WascallyWabbit

Sorry wabbit for tagging you...but while you're at it can you ask them to stop giving deep sea contracts with 1..2 drops of water as a reward without monetary benefits it's a bit depressing and discouraging at the same time. Karma points, drops of water and the likes are considered as perks so a contract with these plus some cash will look more appealing rather than offering only the perks.Thanks..:)
    @T.O.P (INT1) We have indeed passed on the feelings about the water rewards, they did say that contracts for only water should stop once you get passed the 0 value ones & before then there is no penalty  for declining them & also contracts with no cash should become less frequent too. Personally I miss the rakes & brushes, I was getting quite a collection of those & they turned out to be very useful - I would have preferred cash, but given a choice between a rake & drip of water, I would choose the rake.
    Yup me too...i would love to have those karma points, rakes and brushes etc...they are indeed useful.
    But even at 0 value for those who are just starting the deep sea market seeing 1 or 2 drops of water in exchange for 10 chums is not very enticing though you can decline the contract seeing it first is already very discouraging. It's like seeing a sale sign only to find out it's not really a sale but rejects.
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    I'm not complaining or anything, but now my contract asking 134 clams for 1 rose seed..why this game is so cruel
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    I just got a contract with 332 clams for 1 Rose seed & 1 Violet seed. No shellfish pool in last 2 days, just keep farming and fishing as usual
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 11.09.2017
    I keep playing my lazy temporary style. A few basic rules, although dynamicaly applied, and several milion daily net profit. So far so good. Got to 6 contracts a few days ago finally, and will never get bonus with this style as majority is still declined. It can be played, but it is a mess and I am loosing interest. Isues are too many and I'm just not in mood to do the game design and balancing job instead of the person who is paid for that.

GGS, you introduce first DSF version, works rather fine in itself, but destroys farming economy. Interestingly, when thinking about number of slots in boats for crew and crew value, it was nicely balanced then.
    You introduce second version, which is totaly useless. You didn't even think that you can't play FHWE like that, did you? So you need to scrap it to enable FHWE.
    You introduce 3rd version, which is half hearted temporary effort and leaves DSF in limbo. Most orders are lame, inter balancing of pools, fish amounts and orders is questioneable. And you leave us with this poorly balanced half-product for many weeks to come (as you have with components of Cooperative Village for much longer by now)..
    Now we are waiting for version 4. When does it come? Well, rework of CV and Edge Plants penalty was promissed much longer ago, yet nothing on the horizon...........

Pretty obvious that management style need to change a bit. And I don't like being abused as involuntary tester either. Can anybody from GGS explain to me why should I want to support you finantialy when you obviously do not care to deliver finished product which I could enjoy?
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • @Kamilcom (GB1) That is a pretty good summary & the answer is resources, its not so bad if you have 2 things that need work by different sections of the team, so they can be done simultaneously, but when they all require the same people, then they have to prioritized. As stated in the hotfix announcement, the Oktoberfest had to be done first, as obviously that has to fit into a specific deadline, the DSF changes are being worked on & should follow that & we even asked about the edge plant rework on Friday & that is still in the pipeline & hasn't been forgotten. As you have seen we have recently lost Pichu & Marowit, so no doubt that staff changes must have an effect too, but hopefully things will catch up. 
  • MaryT (US1)MaryT (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    I have a yes no comment, first I don't mind the contracts per say, but I question how you come about them. if you're going to included CHUM in some of these contracts have them make sense. Chum takes forever to make in the quantities needed for these contracts (Minimum of 10 max I got 100). A fishing contest needs chum but a CRUISE LINER really. For my orders in order of amount, MUSSELs and Oysters appear on 5 out of 6 contracts regardless of how often I get rid of them. Shrimp and Tuna are the next most wanted appearing on 4 out of 6 contracts each turnover. CHUM appears on 5 out of 6 contracts. Lobster and swordfish next. Herring and Cod seldom appear maybe 1 contract per set. I'm of two minds on the orders that only give water or seeds. If I'm going to make 10 tuna chum and sell 25 tuna for water it had better be for more then 1 if its the only thing I get for that contract.  Seeds are okay but again I'd rather make the 10 chum and 25 to 40 fish for money then seed. If you're going to make us work at this then make these contracts a bit more reasonable or have a check as to WHAT we can fish for at the time they appear.

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

GGS, you introduce first DSF version, works rather fine in itself, but destroys farming economy. Interestingly, when thinking about number of slots in boats for crew and crew value, it was nicely balanced then.

This paragraph points out the contradiction nicely.  The truth is - DSF in its original form DOES NOT destroy the farming economy.  It was NOT out of balance.  It was quite well balanced within itself.  AND rather than destroying the economic balance of the farms, it CREATED a new balance which was much more appropriate to the entire game as it stands today.   

If we didn't have constant temp farms, Labs, Lester's stash, Matilda's academy, the five or six different parts of the Co-op Village, all the added plots of land with their correspondingly high purchase prices, the new ridiculously high priced levels for buildings and stables, the rumored upcoming 4th farm - if all we had was the original 3 farms - then, yes, I'd agree DSF would have destroyed the economic balance and might have made the game somewhat disappointing to play. 

But we do have all that added new stuff.  There's about triple the game to play than when I first started.  And all that game REQUIRES  something like DSF in its original form to make it enjoyably playable.  There's only one good solution - revert deep sea fishing back to (or close to) its original form.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    So, WascallyWabbit, am I understanding you right....I read something you said about penalty for declining a fish contract once we got past the 0 quality level for them....penalties for declining contracts are new to me....maybe I just never paid attention to it.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 12.09.2017
    Right Buddy  and I wish people in GGS were listening  and although I understand it is considered spam how are the moderators sopose to report our continued unhappiness and frustration bc unless it is printed here it is like it is not happening. Like I was told there was not any problem with the horse meadow no one was complaining  well I say it is because no one is using it cause no one really understands how it works other than you don't lose two horses and your gain one pojnt in an  attribute  so is that the whole picture  but this has never really been addressed I have asked a few times for clarification. 
    Also any news on the "cat" 

Post edited by Damaria3 (US1) on
    So, WascallyWabbit, am I understanding you right....I read something you said about penalty for declining a fish contract once we got past the 0 quality level for them....penalties for declining contracts are new to me....maybe I just never paid attention to it.
    Same as organic market. Once you have 6 orders, you complete a type, it increases it's bonus value. You decline the same type of contract, the bonus value drops.

Right Buddy  and I wish people in GGS were listening  and although I understand it is considered spam how are the moderators sopose to report our continued unhappiness and frustration bc unless it is printed here it is like it is not happening. Like I was told there was not any problem with the horse meadow no one was complaining  well I say it is because no one is using it cause no one really understands how it works other than you don't lose two horses and your gain one pojnt in an  attribute  so is that the whole picture  but this has never really been addressed I have asked a few times for clarification. 
    You're right here. Calling something spam cause a view is repeated is tricky as it may easily lead to a false perception that the problem doesn't exist any more. We often stop complaining about what we decided is useless and just ignore it. I personaly masively reduced my complaints and criticism cause problems are so overwhelmingly many and I'm not getting any adult responsible communication from GGS bosses about the hottest issues. As a good steward of my time and resources I chose to invest where it makes more sense. But someone with superficial view might conclude that I am finaly happy with the game and the team behind it. Such a view couldn't be more wrong. :)

This paragraph points out the contradiction nicely.  The truth is - DSF in its original form DOES NOT destroy the farming economy.  It was NOT out of balance.  It was quite well balanced within itself.  AND rather than destroying the economic balance of the farms, it CREATED a new balance which was much more appropriate to the entire game as it stands today.   

If we didn't have constant temp farms, Labs, Lester's stash, Matilda's academy, the five or six different parts of the Co-op Village, all the added plots of land with their correspondingly high purchase prices, the new ridiculously high priced levels for buildings and stables, the rumored upcoming 4th farm - if all we had was the original 3 farms - then, yes, I'd agree DSF would have destroyed the economic balance and might have made the game somewhat disappointing to play. 

But we do have all that added new stuff.  There's about triple the game to play than when I first started.  And all that game REQUIRES  something like DSF in its original form to make it enjoyably playable.  There's only one good solution - revert deep sea fishing back to (or close to) its original form.
    We are in agreement for the most part. It's mostly semantics where we differ, as there are two basic (and many secondary) issues involved. Farms as such, and game as a whole. Farming economy was destroyed (negated, made redundant) and overpowered by fishing industry sales - I detailed that in Gavin's DSF guide thread and I think you've read it so you know what I mean by that. At the same time other parts of game like stash, lab, academy etc, are out of balance in relation to what farming economy can supply and DSF money flow addressed that issue as you say.

The third issue (or first one in my mind) would be balancing of DSF as a standalone unit. That near perfect balancing of boats in original version seems to contradict the GGS claim that FM has always been part of original design. Whatever that was, balancers quite obviously did much better job for original DSF without market, then for reportedly intended version with market. Maybe just all the boat upgrades were too readily available for high level player, but that I can forgive I think. :)

To cut the long story short, as there are many secondary balance relations between individual parts of the game to consider when discussing overall game balance:
    • I enjoyed playing original DSF as stand alone unit, but farms were boring at that time as I could do anything without planning.
    • After nerf I find farming interesting again, but DSF is boring as hell instead as it's completely out of balance as stand alone unit, although it still adds a few milion dolars a day to my budget.
    The moral of the story being, that all these issues seem to point out to missing concept and long term developement plan for the game. A haphazard patchwork of very losely related components, instead of well thought through, carefully designed and diligently planned interconnected complex game. Although Hunter mentioned somewhere that they want to create more unified gaming experience, with this speed of developement and lack of attention to detail it's easier said then done. Hope dies last, but after 3 years of rough ride I naturaly rather expect a rougher ride to come with an ubrupt end on coastal clifs, and play accordingly. :) Get your life west ready as we might be jumping out of the boat soon ............... lol
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Just to get a high contract I filled the contract with rage. as every one know how precious this oyster pool as it appears one or 2 time per week but ggs want only thoes fishes in the contract
    I have a question what to do with lobster herring tuna cod Solomon swordfish I think they don't need to be in a contract so I read a comment that gives a solution to this problems
    Give us a chance to make a pool of our own choice so we make contracts a bit faster I collcet this oyster in 2 hours or less but the wait is 5 days  B)  with out a doubt its balance nothing else of course if u complete the contracts faster then expected u will get better rewards don't u think so oyster must came once in a week I truly understand the balance word oh yeah it took a while but now its a clear picture to me 
    Thanks 
    Ggs
    Your dumb player
    Xcution
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
     :/ 
  • Right Buddy  and I wish people in GGS were listening  and although I understand it is considered spam how are the moderators sopose to report our continued unhappiness and frustration bc unless it is printed here it is like it is not happening. Like I was told there was not any problem with the horse meadow no one was complaining  well I say it is because no one is using it cause no one really understands how it works other than you don't lose two horses and your gain one pojnt in an  attribute  so is that the whole picture  but this has never really been addressed I have asked a few times for clarification. 

Dingo's ate the cat.
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but here goes.

The reward is not that important right now. The important thing you want to look at is can you fill the order. Sure it will be nice to get a decant reward, but what are you gonna do with those fish now anyway. I try not to pay much attention to the rewards right now and concentrate on getting my contract values up. Even if I only get 1 water I'll be happy just to fill that contract and move on. The big rewards will come in the end when your values are 99, then you can pick and chose without any penalties.
    LOL Good luck on that.. All my contracts require heaps of Shellfish - Oysters & Clams But I am just not getting any pools with Clams, Oysters.. If I decline a contract My contract values decline.. I think this whole DS fishing debacle REEKS...I personally will not be buying any more gold either. .I am currently doing the HWE event & will require Clams..Yet NO pools containing any...GIVE US A BREAK!!!!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 13.09.2017
    Fortunately all my contracts have "0" fish contract values...so I can still do a lot of flushing!  :o:D:p
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I have a question regarding the fish contracts.  To advance, Do you have to fill all the contracts that are open or can you fill one at a time and send it off?  Does it matter either way? Does one way or the other advance levels more quickly?
    I have a question regarding the fish contracts.  To advance, Do you have to fill all the contracts that are open or can you fill one at a time and send it off?  Does it matter either way? Does one way or the other advance levels more quickly?
    Do the contract that POSSIBLE & PROFITABLE for you (deco parts or FXP). Once you have 6 contracts available, you need to decide to hold on the contract, or keep flushing until you got the most "possible & profitable" contract
    Do the contract that POSSIBLE & PROFITABLE for you (deco parts or FXP). Once you have 6 contracts available, you need to decide to hold on the contract, or keep flushing until you got the most "possible & profitable" contract
    That is not what I am asking; Let me try to elaborate.  The market has 2, 4, and 6 slots.  Lets say I have 4 slots.  If I fill 1 of the the 4 orders, is it better to hold until all 4 are filled or is it the same if I just send off the 1 that is filled.  Will waiting and sending all 4 at once level up quicker?  Does it matter either way?
    That is not what I am asking; Let me try to elaborate.  The market has 2, 4, and 6 slots.  Lets say I have 4 slots.  If I fill 1 of the the 4 orders, is it better to hold until all 4 are filled or is it the same if I just send off the 1 that is filled.  Will waiting and sending all 4 at once level up quicker?  Does it matter either way?
    Pay attention about the contract. If all of them asking the DSF Fish/Chum that excess your inventory, then it can't be completed with 30 mins contract cooldown. So yes, completing 4 at one time will make a great process, but it's better to fulfill 1 & decline the other because it's much quicker
    Ok, lets say I never decline a contract.
    And lets say I do not care how much the contracts are worth, even if it is 1 drop of water.

Is it better to complete and send off all contracts at once.  Or does it matter if it is one contracts at a time?
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Ok, lets say I never decline a contract.
    And lets say I do not care how much the contracts are worth, even if it is 1 drop of water.

Is it better to complete and send off all contracts at once.  Or does it matter if it is one contracts at a time?
    If the fish market is designed similar to the organic market, which it probably is, then yea you're better off to hold onto a finished contract until you fill them all to open up more slots. 
    Thank you @jess_d (US1)
    I wasn't sure. I started the regular market such a long time ago I don't remember how that all worked exactly.  So I was trying to figure out if it made a difference and if holding all the contracts until they were all completed before sending them off was a better choice.  I haven't actually filled any contracts yet but I figured it would be good to know ahead of time if I do decide to bother with the fish market.  Thanks for understanding my question and responding.

Thanks @Surya54 (INT1) for trying to help.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I send each contract as I fill them never had held onto contracts -- this holding on to get all six of them sent at once seems rather silly to me. 

I send each contract as I fill them never had held onto contracts -- this holding on to get all six of them sent at once seems rather silly to me. 

I am referring to when just starting out and building up the contracts to increase the levels of the contracts as well as to open more slots.  

May I ask if you have more than 2 slots open in the fish market and if so did you just do the contracts one at a time from the start?  Thanks in advance.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Hi @Shay1968 (US1) ,

I've reached the 6 slots in the market and have only ever filled one contract at a time. I've also flushed a lot with ridiculous rewards and/or ridiculous amounts of shellfish or chum.
    The level of the contracts go up and down, they now range from 0 to 9.
    We'll see how it goes, but I still refuse to sell any fish for 1 WoF token :s

Hi @Shay1968 (US1) ,

I've reached the 6 slots in the market and have only ever filled one contract at a time. I've also flushed a lot with ridiculous rewards and/or ridiculous amounts of shellfish or chum.
    The level of the contracts go up and down, they now range from 0 to 9.
    We'll see how it goes, but I still refuse to sell any fish for 1 WoF token :s

Hi @grrr (NL1)
    I appreciate your response,  this is exactly what I was looking for.  Well sorta, would still like to know if filling all open slots before sending would advance quicker.  However, it is important to know that just doing one contract at a time will also open the slots.  Thank you
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    @Shay1968 (US1)  There are a lot of different strategies.  If you look at CBF's only doing contracts with one item and how quickly she's moved up the bonuses, there's something to be said for that method.  Makes me wonder though how long it will take for the contracts with more than one item to progress.  I did mine exactly like I did the other market, whatever came, I filled, sent off immediately.  It took 15 filled contracts with no declines to open up and have 4 slots.  It seemed like 30 more to get the 6 slots.  All of my contracts whether they are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 are all above 15 now for the bonus.  My nemesis is the dreaded oyster, lol.  EVERY contract requires them, but I must confess that lately I have at least 3 pools a day with a good number of Oysters.  I'm actually moving through the Fish contracts quicker than I am the Gourmet Market, some of those take over a week to fill.  The good news is that I am making a profit.  Of course, nothing like I was before, but something is far better than nothing if you're going to spend time doing it.  

Also, utilizing the fish caught on our other three farms and with Oleg, making the highest level dishes in Mermaid Bay is a higher money maker than honey cream which I used to depend on.  I honestly can't remember the last time I sold honey cream because I needed money.  

Also using small amounts of the fish from the dock in recipes yields some nice profits as well.  This ultimately requires you to have the restaurant at Level 7 to reach these dishes, but they are worth it in the long run.
    @KarenKay (US1)
    Thank you very much for your very detailed response. Very helpful information.

I have not started any contracts in the Fish Market, just prefer to be well informed if I do decide to tinker with it.

I just upgraded my Mermaid Bay to level 7 a couple days ago when Steve was here.  So for now I will just make the Rare Fillets. They do yield a decent profit.  The nice thing is that it only requires 6 swordfish, 6 Salmon, and 6 Cod which I am able to send an empty level 2 Trawler out and bring that many back and it costs me nothing.  There is a pretty steep production cost but it is worth it. The Rare fillet yields the highest profits in the Mermaid Bay.  It gives 841,411 every 8 hours.  It is a bit less than honey cream profits which is 974,458 every 7 hours but it is better than water drops  and Karma balls and actually pays out more than the original prices of the deepsea fish. 
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    @KarenKay (US1)
    Thank you very much for your very detailed response. Very helpful information.

I have not started any contracts in the Fish Market, just prefer to be well informed if I do decide to tinker with it.

I just upgraded my Mermaid Bay to level 7 a couple days ago when Steve was here.  So for now I will just make the Rare Fillets. They do yield a decent profit.  The nice thing is that it only requires 6 swordfish, 6 Salmon, and 6 Cod which I am able to send an empty level 2 Trawler out and bring that many back and it costs me nothing.  There is a pretty steep production cost but it is worth it. The Rare fillet yields the highest profits in the Mermaid Bay.  It gives 841,411 every 8 hours.  It is a bit less than honey cream profits which is 974,458 every 7 hours but it is better than water drops  and Karma balls and actually pays out more than the original prices of the deepsea fish. 
    Shhhhh someone will hear you.   ;)
Sign In to comment.