Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

August 25 Hotfix: Temporary Deep Sea Changes & more! - Discussion

Comments

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    U see this???
  • Why should I send boats out?  I'm losing farm dollars every day.  The contracts don't come close to making it worthwhile for me to fish.  I have four contracts just sitting.  They don't offer enough in return so I want to fill them.  Since the DSF region is such a disaster, why not dismantle it?  No one is ever going to make a profit so it's worth the time it takes to use.   Using chum to slow down our filling the contracts is another reason I don't want to bother.  If you want players to stay with the game, you're going to have to make a lot of improvements.  Many have already left and many others have a foot in the doorway.    
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    In my understanding, sending boats out with no freezers and no crew costs nothing. Sending a trawler out with no freezers and minimal crew costs less than $250 per fish. There is still money to be made.
  • Thanks Uncle John.  That's a bit of encouragement in this sorryfull mess.
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    the basic COST of fishing is $1000 dollars per fish (sending out maxed boats, fully loaded to get max amount of fish) This is giving a little back (VERY LITTLE)  to recoup the cost of the boats.

IF the contract does not equal IN MONEY (no bonuses or side products) to recoup my costs, WHY?

BALANCE? I have been farming since 2013, GGS this is totally your worst mess up EVER.
    edited 30.08.2017
    I trusted you in saying that the fish market would make money, I am down over 100 million since the change. I did not change my game play, did not do ANYTHING different. As I have said before, been farming for OVER 4 years now. NEVER, AGAIN, NEVER have I LOST money doing something that is NORMAL harvesting in the farming. Whomever is doing the number crunching is NOT doing it in the previous values established in the farming community that WAS GGS BIG FARM.

edit
    SO, with a member who is over level 200, has well established farms, has the FUNDS to accommodate a loss of over 100 million (AND COUNTING, cause I have an established routine) how in the world would you expect someone who is growing to keep up? Something has changed, AND NOT for the better. Why would you think that I would keep operating at a loss? Even with going back to the original fishing pools, THE CONTRACTS are insufficient to recover the losses of sending out the boats.

On the main farm, I harvest apples. I can SELL them or SAVE them for the Barnicle boat OR the contracts. Boatyard FISH? only the contracts? Come on, guys and gals, TOTALLY WRONG,
    Post edited by holidayrox (US1) on
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    In my understanding, sending boats out with no freezers and no crew costs nothing. Sending a trawler out with no freezers and minimal crew costs less than $250 per fish. There is still money to be made.
    Actually, if you send out your trawlers with no freezers and no crew costs you nothing for the fish that do come in...so there is still money to be made...just takes a little longer...no sweat...I just focus on my farming and fishing is incidental...mostly use the fish for the Mermaid Bay.  o:)
    edited 30.08.2017
    have to say this AGAIN

Whomever is doing the number crunching is NOT doing it in the previous values established in the farming community that WAS GGS BIG FARM.
     and, YES, I have purchased GOLD. Numerous times. I just prefer to do it WHEN I have the funds in my budget.

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I trusted you in saying that the fish market would make money, I am down over 100 million since the change. I did not change my game play, did not do ANYTHING different. As I have said before, been farming for OVER 4 years now. NEVER, AGAIN, NEVER have I LOST money doing something that is NORMAL harvesting in the farming. Whomever is doing the number crunching is NOT doing it in the previous values established in the farming community that WAS GGS BIG FARM.

edit
    SO, with a member who is over level 200, has well established farms, has the FUNDS to accommodate a loss of over 100 million (AND COUNTING, cause I have an established routine) how in the world would you expect someone who is growing to keep up? Something has changed, AND NOT for the better. Why would you think that I would keep operating at a loss? Even with going back to the original fishing pools, THE CONTRACTS are insufficient to recover the losses of sending out the boats.

On the main farm, I harvest apples. I can SELL them or SAVE them for the Barnicle boat OR the contracts. Boatyard FISH? only the contracts? Come on, guys and gals, TOTALLY WRONG,
    This is how I feel also I would be happy to use the New DSF if it was not going to bankrupt me. I am a level 207, 4 plus year play who is the head of a still growing a coop and can not afford to fish the way it is.

The rewards for contracts need to cover cost of equipment and make some profit. The profit dose not meed to be the high amounts is was but it dose have to be a profit. (and I do not feel a brush or rack that has no benefit to MY farm just to someone else farm is a profit)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    The only way I see someone can make a profit is SLOWLY.  Sending boats with no or minimal gear and rejecting ALL contracts that have no cash amount.  And have a whole lot of luck with the contracts you do get if you are trying to climb the ladder of success to get to the higher levels of the contracts.
  • Teejay52 (INT1)Teejay52 (INT1) Posts: 203
    edited 30.08.2017
    Well, i'm hangin low

I am farming normally (when I feel like farming) that is.
    My interest in BF has gone.

Instead of spending 12 hrs here a day.....I am spending 2 hrs Max.
    In and out.

Way to go GGS.

You really know how to piss off players......even the huge gold spenders are waking up.
    Have you felt it GGS?

• rich015 (NL1)rich015 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 50
    mmmmm when i want to do something for gold than i get this message 

Well, i'm hangin low

In and out.

Way to go GGS.

You really know how to piss off players......even the huge gold spenders are waking up.
    Have you felt it GGS?

I am certain they are feeling it.  I got a buy 40,000 gold, get 50,000 gold free and also a 2 for 1 at the same exact same time.  I really would have liked to take advantage of that deal but I refuse to buy ANY gold at this time. 
    Well, i'm hangin low

In and out.

Way to go GGS.

Have you felt it GGS?

U r not the only one teejay I spent more then 12 hours but now it is down too down 3 hours.
    The golden week is the last event I am going to play with my interest after that I prepared mentally to play normally and fish and the market hmmm what to say I got much contracts now but don't have the right pools I need clam shrimp pool but they nowhere seen so I flush flushed the contracts now I get some better which don't ask me clam shrimp oyster fish so I am just upgrading the market not concentrat on the bugjet they have and don't care what I am receiving the fun ... Has gone :dizzy: so.
    Well, i'm hangin low

In and out.

Way to go GGS.

Have you felt it GGS?

I am certain they are feeling it.  I got a buy 40,000 gold, get 50,000 gold free and also a 2 for 1 at the same exact same time.  I really would have liked to take advantage of that deal but I refuse to buy ANY gold at this time. 
    Same items show on my server. For 25 min but I think mostly people didn't care 
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    Well, i'm hangin low

In and out.

Way to go GGS.

Have you felt it GGS?

I got that offer also and was like yeahhh then instantly came to my senses and said I am not buying it and didn't... Like you I refuse to buy gold at this time...
    Well, i'm hangin low

In and out.

Way to go GGS.

Have you felt it GGS?

I got that offer also and was like yeahhh then instantly came to my senses and said I am not buying it and didn't... Like you I refuse to buy gold at this time...
    Yes, me too, but I am going to wait to see what happens to the DSF and if there are any course corrections in store for it before indulging my real money for play gold. 
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 31.08.2017

I have 32,801  herring and 20,295 lobster in my inventory

One of the 6 market orders I have at the moment requests 204 herrings and 118 lobsters, the other orders want other types of fish. Even tho I decline most orders to see if I get better ones, I can't sell enough herrings and lobsters, and the numbers in storage get higher and higher

How difficult can it be to add back direct fish sales ?

Being that I am not a programmer, I am not sure how difficult those kinds of things are....it might be like breaking an egg into a bowl and then trying to put it back into the shell without breaking the yolk...maybe the direct approach you are suggesting is undoable like my broken egg illustration, but maybe having to go through and do an indirect  workaround through digits and data might be what they are doing, I don't know.....So I wait and see.
    Being that I am not a programmer, I am not sure how difficult those kinds of things are....it might be like breaking an egg into a bowl and then trying to put it back into the shell without breaking the yolk...maybe the direct approach you are suggesting is undoable like my broken egg illustration, but maybe having to go through and do an indirect  workaround through digits and data might be what they are doing, I don't know.....So I wait and see.
    Programming is essentially a string of code with commands.  See how easy it was for them to take away the sell button.  Or how easy it was for them to "adjust" the pools in order to put out the FHWE.  All they have to do is change dollar amounts in the scripting on the old code and re-add the sell button.  It's sorta like if you were to place an order through email to the local bakery, typing up the details to let them know exactly what kind of cake you want, what type of filling, and what you want written on it.  That is your statement of commands and when you go to pick it up you are expecting to see what you ordered.  Or it is like writing out a detailed map for someone to get from point A to point B.  In the detailed map you would give references like what the speed limit is, how far the distance is, street names to turn on, and landmarks for identification. Computer programming in this instance is the programmer telling the game exactly what it is supposed to do in a language that the web browser understands. 

• @Eric_Farm_Guy (US1)  I agree, those 1st contracts really bite - I was doing same as you, calculating how much the fish used to be worth & declining them all, but it will get you nowhere in the end, they just keep coming back. All you can do is fill some that are less painful than others, in order to get passed the 2 contract stage. Once you have 4, you start to get some with cash & then when you decline bad ones, you at least have some chance of getting better ones.
    Those aren't "first contracts", they're current contracts.   I've been steadily declining contracts since the fish market scandal started. 

I'm not sending anything out or filling any contracts from either market.  My fleet has been demolished, as well as the production buildings on the main farm and flower farm.  The remaining production buildings on the gourmet farm are currently being demolished and all the houses are next. 

My latest contracts, three of the last four asking for Tuna Chum and offering two drops of water.

How about you send me some of those trawlers??  Biggest boat I could build was a level 2 Norfolk Wherry, I was waiting to level up and upgrade the dock yard to get the Skipjack and Trawlers. The fish market scandal put an end to that. It also put an end to my farms.
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    PCA (GB1) said:

One of the 6 market orders I have at the moment requests 204 herrings and 118 lobsters, the other orders want other types of fish. Even tho I decline most orders to see if I get better ones, I can't sell enough herrings and lobsters, and the numbers in storage get higher and higher

We will spend millions of farm dollars on fishing for items which may never be of use.
    I have 14,000 lobsters and yet ZERO pools for clams which are needed on all the contracts I have.
    I am not sure if people are taking these excess fish into account when they say they are making a profit.

I suggest GGS at least put a storage cap on fish so  the excess can be sold off at a profit.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Here is something that I would love to have....on both markets:

I want a little check box on each order that comes up, so that I can "flag" an order.  Sometimes I accidentally decline orders that I meant to save and fill, and I would like a way to "flag" orders.
    And also, it is past time to have selling of fish available.  The market does not work without it.  What makes the organic market work, is that I can spend days filling an order and sell other items to keep the farm going.  I may not have an almond order for weeks, so I can sell off some almonds to keep the farm running, while I work on other multi-day orders.  This must apply to the fish as well.  There are plenty of great suggestions to make about the market and orders itself, but we remain sidelined with this issue.  Please get it done this week.
    @gavinfarms (US1)
    Did Lester ever show up on your farm?
    One of my friend don't play the game and lester is there all the time he know that this player isnt playing so if I stay at his farm ggs won't have any complaint against me. :p
     And BTW no one know how why this lester guy approach to your farm 
    One thing for sure that I know is if u don't play for more then 6 months then u will get the lester for sure so I am basically suggesting is leave the game for a short time(6months) only if u want Lester :p:p:p:p
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    PCA (GB1) said:

We will spend millions of farm dollars on fishing for items which may never be of use.
    I have 14,000 lobsters and yet ZERO pools for clams which are needed on all the contracts I have.
    I am not sure if people are taking these excess fish into account when they say they are making a profit.

I suggest GGS at least put a storage cap on fish so  the excess can be sold off at a profit.

@tessa17  

your suggestion could be an easy and effective solution, its applied to most other goods in storage, we need to sell the excess

Selling fish via the farm management could also be an excellent solution: players would have the freedom to store most fish for market contracts, while selling some directly,

I would certainly sell those useless 30+ thousand herrings I have in my inventory, and I would no longer feel I am trapped into nonsense

• It follows another case, Fuku Tsuho should not be that expensive, their rewards are very cheap, and it asks for too many fishes for this reward.

@gavinfarms (US1)
    Did Lester ever show up on your farm?

No....he never did.  It has been over a year.  It clearly does not work as they claim that they intend.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 31.08.2017
    Why would someone flag this?

Not one thing said was derogatory and it is not spam.

Someone goes around flagging post that have said nothing wrong and that is unfair. I get flagging if there was cussing, nasty talk, something derogatory but it seem like someone goes and flags for no reason at all. Maybe there should be a you flag to much cage.  
Sign In to comment.