Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New deep sea fishing system Price&Cost Chart (Need some Feedback&Help too)

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Take a look at the contract I just received:

Looking at this, it appears our price on Rose Seeds is incorrect.
    I'll look for the original post where I received the price I placed in my chart.

Edit:  I found the original post back 1 page, and it's correct.
    Since there's no dollar value on the contract, it's hard (impossible?) to verify any values, as this contract would generate a negative farm dollar value of -$172,425.  Apparently the RNG decided to give you a bonus today. :)

Not only that, but with your 15% bonus (Value: 22), you'll get 2 Rose Seeds and 2 Violet Seeds. :)

You'll make out like a bandit on this one. lol :)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 01.10.2017
    Does anyone have a chart on the bonuses from levels 1 to 99 of the Market contracts?

I am making a spread sheet.  It is basically an improved version of my Organic market calculator. I simply input my numbers and it calculates Lester's secret stash as well as the contract level bonus.  The best thing about the calculator is that it lets me know which fish will get me the most profit.  It also will help me keep track of my profits and bonuses.

With this I will tally up both the Market bonus and Lester's secret stash bonus and when I accumulate the amount of my next upgrade I will use that cash towards the upgrade.  My LSS is currently at level 7. It will cost $56,000,000 to upgrade. I will do the same for each consecutive upgrade.  This way I am simply rolling back extra profits into what is making me the extra profits. I still don't think I would take it past Level 12.  I am thinking unless I had a windfall of cash, it would not be worth it.

It certainly would be a lot easier to put all the level bonuses in at once instead of as I go along. So if anyone has a chart or can point me in the direction, I certainly would appreciate it.

Edited to add:  Some of the values of the trinkets have changed like the  Fuku Tsuho token is      1,583,400  which was originally 2,291,100 according to posts in this topic, I never verified the old ones, never had one, but currently have one now but also there is no cash value so it may actually be under-valued.  perhaps we should wait on that one to see.
  • @everyone:
    Updated the first post with the most recent prices/costs tables, also kept the previous update prices/cost just for comparison if anyone needs.

P.S. All the credit for gathering the data on newest prices/costs goes to the players mentioned in the first post, I simply just added the table as was requested by other players to the first post for easier access.
  • @sally456 (US1)     I have not sold off any fish and I have gotten several contracts that do not ask for shellfish.
    Nice!  Previously, I had only gotten contracts with shellfish and I thought it was because those were my lowest numbers.   Now I'm getting a mix. 
    Does anyone have a chart on the bonuses from levels 1 to 99 of the Market contracts?

I haven't seen one.  If you want, start another thread and maybe we can start putting one together. My lowest value contract is a 6 right now (Bonus: 7.52%), we could start tracking them in a new thread and perhaps (hopefully) get a full chart done.
    Edited to add:  Some of the values of the trinkets have changed like the  Fuku Tsuho token is      1,583,400  which was originally 2,291,100 according to posts in this topic, I never verified the old ones, never had one, but currently have one now but also there is no cash value so it may actually be under-valued.  perhaps we should wait on that one to see.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.. That's why I've been trying to verify the values in my own contracts (or via screenshots of others), trying to keep any errors from creeping in. :)

@everyone:
    Updated the first post with the most recent prices/costs tables, also kept the previous update prices/cost just for comparison if anyone needs.

P.S. All the credit for gathering the data on newest prices/costs goes to the players mentioned in the first post, I simply just added the table as was requested by other players to the first post for easier access.
    Thank you Griffith!  Much easier to find all the info needed in the first post rather than buried in a thread. :)  And we certainly appreciate your hard work & effort in putting all this together, keeping us focused, and compiling all the data in a single point of reference. Much appreciated! :)
     WoF Token             2,291,250

Hmm.. Karen had the price of WoF Tokens at $787,500.. I wonder why the discrepancy?

@Shay1968 (US1)  if you or anyone else has a contract with WoF Tokens as a reward, could you post a screenshot of the entire contract?  Maybe we can get to the bottom of it. :)

Tuna - 171 = 1,167,075
    Cod  -   92 =     966,000
    Shrimp - 347 =  910,875
                            -----------
    Total                 3,043,950
    Cash offered    - 752,700
                             -------------
                            2,291,250 = Token Value

edited 01.10.2017
    Thanks Shay, that's what I calculate too.. Dunno why the discrepancy with Karen, but we'll call this one confirmed unless someone can post a different screenshot showing a different calculation. :)

Maybe she confused it with the Fuku Token?
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

I'm happy with the new price(s) and contracts, so far.  They're a far sight better than they were.  I knew we'd never get back to the old/original values, that would have been wishing for the moon. :)  And yeah, direct sales can be a loss (but that just depends on how you equip, for the most part), but I expected direct sales to be break-even at best. There's no doubt they want us to go through Contracts, first and foremost. :)

@Southern (US1)

I am not sure where you see that we have better new contracts. 

I like that new contracts often are cash only, without useless items attached, water drops, fishing XP etc, but we still have way too many contracts asking for clams / oysters / shrimps

The most frequent change is requests for swordfish in small numbers, with the result that we are constantly out of all crustaceans AND swordfish, while we have tens of thousands herrings / lobsters / cods in our inventory

I did understand from several previous posts from the MODs that the problem with clams/ oysters/shrimps was one of the first reported and that the DEVs were working on it

So is this their solution to the problem ?

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    The mods did say before the last update that not all the changes were yet finished , so lets  wait and see . At least the DSF is now worth playing .
    PCA (GB1) said:

I'm happy with the new price(s) and contracts, so far.  They're a far sight better than they were.  I knew we'd never get back to the old/original values, that would have been wishing for the moon. :)  And yeah, direct sales can be a loss (but that just depends on how you equip, for the most part), but I expected direct sales to be break-even at best. There's no doubt they want us to go through Contracts, first and foremost. :)

@Southern (US1)

I am not sure where you see that we have better new contracts. 

I like that new contracts often are cash only, without useless items attached, water drops, fishing XP etc, but we still have way too many contracts asking for clams / oysters / shrimps

The most frequent change is requests for swordfish in small numbers, with the result that we are constantly out of all crustaceans AND swordfish, while we have tens of thousands herrings / lobsters / cods in our inventory

I did understand from several previous posts from the MODs that the problem with clams/ oysters/shrimps was one of the first reported and that the DEVs were working on it

So is this their solution to the problem ?

Well, I clear somewhere between 15-20 pools per day, and I can say without a doubt that the number of Shrimp/Clam/Oyster pool spawns have been vastly increased.  Before the update, I'd be lucky to get 1 a day (out of 15-20), now I'm getting between 3-5 pools per day. 

Still get a ton of Tuna/Herring and Lobster, but I've always had that, ever since DSF was first released.

If anything, I'm seeing fewer Swordfish/Cod/Herring pools, but I'm still getting 1-2 per day.

As far as what's in your inventory, you can't count the (tens of thousands) of fish that were there prior to the update. You have to look at the (new) contracts like you have a clean slate.

Also keep in mind that contracts aren't really designed so that you can fill 100 of them per day (using up the "tens of thousands" of fish already in your inventory); just like the Organic Market contracts, they're designed to take time to fill. 

I'm not saying that the prices don't need tweaking, especially in the case of chum - they do (IMO). But the combination of increased crustacean pool spawns (at least in my observation) and the addition of contracts for purely farm dollars are steps in the right direction.  It's not perfect, but it's better.

All of this is of course my own personal opinion and based on my own observations. :)

Tuna - 171 = 1,167,075
    Cod  -   92 =     966,000
    Shrimp - 347 =  910,875
                            -----------
    Total                 3,043,950
    Cash offered    - 752,700
                             -------------
                            2,291,250 = Token Value

@Shay1968 (US1)

Just to confirm WoF Token Price:

After the math, can confirm price @ $2,291,250.  Can only assume it was confused with the Fuku token earlier in the thread.

This is so much fun. lol :)
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036

Hmm.. Karen had the price of WoF Tokens at $787,500.. I wonder why the discrepancy?

@Shay1968 (US1)  if you or anyone else has a contract with WoF Tokens as a reward, could you post a screenshot of the entire contract?  Maybe we can get to the bottom of it. :)
    @Southern (US1)   I swear I pulled that figure off your table, though it hadn't been verified,  :)
    @Shay1968 (US1)  The contract I used to find the Fuku coin first was at
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3659677/#Comment_3659677
    Then verified with my own:

edited 02.10.2017
    @Southern (US1)
    @KarenKay (US1)

I think I have it figured out.  All three contracts in reference are 100% correct.  The one difference between all 3 is that my contract did not have a timer. The other contract that I used for comparison (which I no longer have) also did not have a timer.  So I am guessing the Fuku coins with no timer are 1,583,400 and with a timer are 2,291,250.

LOL   Now I am all confused.   Karen, those are fuku tokens,  we were working on WoF tokens.

Good thing I went back to verify the token and realized they are not the WoF tokens in Karens screenshot or the screenshot for the link.

So indeed Wheel of Fortune tokens are 2,291,250
    But the Fuku Tsuho Tokens are also 2,291,250

(Karen I think you have been looking at too many of Matilda's Mushrooms)
    Post edited by Shay1968 (US1) on
    edited 02.10.2017

@Southern (US1)   I swear I pulled that figure off your table, though it hadn't been verified,  :)
    @Shay1968 (US1)  The contract I used to find the Fuku coin first was at
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3659677/#Comment_3659677
    Then verified with my own:

Well that answers that.  The price of WoF Tokens and Fuku Tokens are the same - $2,291,250. :)

I had initially pulled your Token value from this post, although it wasn't clear if that was supposed to be a WoF Token or a Fuku Token, so that's where the confusion arose. :)

But it's all squared away now.  Now we just need Seaweed Feed, Shrimp Chum (which I think I already know the value of), and any other items that may be out there - I've seen screenshots of gold, liquid fertilizer, super honeydew.. and there's probably a few more that are rare that we just haven't seen yet. :)

{Edit: I just got one with Super Fertilizer AND Super Duck Feed in the same contract. Blah. Can't figure out values that way!}

edited 02.10.2017
    I think I have it figured out.  All three contracts in reference are 100% correct.  The one difference between all 3 is that my contract did not have a timer. The other contract that I used for comparison (which I no longer have) also did not have a timer.  So I am guessing the Fuku coins with no timer are 1,583,400 and with a timer are 2,291,250.
    Edited:  Removed since we realized we were talking about two different coins..woohoo.
    Post edited by KarenKay (US1) on
    That makes sense.  So going forward we'll also have to watch for those timers....good to know :)
    No, sorry I just edited that with a strike through. Read my last post.
    That makes sense.  So going forward we'll also have to watch for those timers....good to know :)
    Getting too many boxes going here.  No I was only dealing with Fuku, I have nothing to verify the WoF tokens.  Haven't even looked for the mushrooms yet, lol.  On the WoF tokens I just stated where I'd pulled it from without verification...are we having fun yet!   :p
    Getting too many boxes going here.  No I was only dealing with Fuku, I have nothing to verify the WoF tokens.  Haven't even looked for the mushrooms yet, lol.  On the WoF tokens I just stated where I'd pulled it from without verification...are we having fun yet!   :p
    I am, actually. I love number crunching. :)

You should see me with a sudoku book. I'm like a wild man. :)
    @Southern (US1)  I was just telling the leader of our coop that very same thing,  I love number crunching too.  I think my computer now contains more spreadsheets for BF than it does for my work.   :)
  • The cost of seaweed feed $146250
    The cost of seaweed feed $146250
    Thank you @george2558 (AU1) !  Much appreciated! :)

That's a nice low value, too. Won't take away too many farm dollars, and well worth $150k each IMO. :)
    I absolutely love crunching numbers.  I am a Microsoft Office freak,  I love trying to figure out different formulas for things.  The formulas can get pretty crazy. This is the one I formulated yesterday for my Fish market calculator ....

=ROUNDUP((INDEX(C2:C17,MATCH(MAX(D2:D17),D2:D17,0))*$B$44),0)*((INDEX($B$2:$B$17,MATCH(MAX(D2:D17),D2:D17,0))))

This line of code will chose the fish with the highest total value within a contract then it will take the amount of that fish and multiply it by Lesters secret stash percentage and then it will multiply it by the amount of fish saved from using LSS so I can keep track of LSS profits.  I also have some coding to find the number of a level and multiply it by the percentage for that level.  The calculator makes it very easy to determine the value of undetermined items in the contracts as well as keep track of profits and bonuses.  When I input the fish or chum, it totals up the amounts of each fish separately so I can see which is best to use Lester's secret stash on.

I realize I am having one problem.  I need a way to store the information and then be able to clear the input boxes and enter new information so I wont have a long drawn out column after column spreadsheet.  I haven't had a chance to even figure out if this is possible in excel.  I will have to look at pivot tables to see if they would retain the value if it is changed.  I could write a program in visual basics but VB is more of a memory hog than Bigfarm, I would not be able to run the two together.

The only other option would be to copy just the contract cash, LSS and the Level bonus and add those on a daily basis.  But I prefer to figure a way to store it automatically because I am lazy. :D

I have a different amount for violet seeds than what is posted.

Oyster - 258 =    948,150
    Cash offered    - 655,650
                             -------------
                              292,500 = Violet seeds

I realize I am having one problem.  I need a way to store the information and then be able to clear the input boxes and enter new information so I wont have a long drawn out column after column spreadsheet.  I haven't had a chance to even figure out if this is possible in excel.  I will have to look at pivot tables to see if they would retain the value if it is changed.  I could write a program in visual basics but VB is more of a memory hog than Bigfarm, I would not be able to run the two together.

Not sure about Excel, but with Google Docs you can "create a form" (under the Tools menu). You set up the questions/responses on the form, and when you fill it out and hit SUBMIT it will import the responses that you entered into a new line item on a page in the spreadsheet called "Form Responses".

This is how I did my daily fish inventory, right around midnight I would just put all the fish amounts into the form, and it would automatically import it into the spreadsheet and calculate the totals, and it allowed me to save every days data (automatically) to a separate row.

Is that what you're looking for?
    I have a different amount for violet seeds than what is posted.

Oyster - 258 =    948,150
    Cash offered    - 655,650
                             -------------
                              292,500 = Violet seeds
    Strange, that came from one of my own contracts (that I've since turned in) and I verified the price 3 times on that one.. You don't suppose it's because it's a time limited contract it might have a different price, do you? Like you noticed earlier with the Fuku Tokens?
    That is very possible @Southern (US1)    Because although I did a striked through what I was saying earlier ... those facts still remain.  I only striked it out because it was off topic of what we were talking about at the specific time.  However,  I had a contract with a different amount for the fuku coin that did not have a timer.  It is also possible on the violet seeds.  We will really have to pay attention to timer contracts and compare them. 

As far as Google docs,   I will look into that and see if that will work.  If I can simply click a submit button and have the dat stored that would be fine.  I have been keeping the data for now on all the contracts for a reference just in case of instances like the fuku coins.  Thank you very much for the suggestion. 

Something else worth mentioning:  This does not make a difference when determining the value of each fish, chum or trinket when selling fish/chum through the market ... but...  With the level bonuses ... we actually get double on the trinkets for single trinkets and possibly more for higher level contracts with more than one of a specific trinket.  I hope that came out right, it is getting late and my mind does not think well at night.   But rather than thinking of 1 WoF token for 2,291,250 we can "look at it" as half of that or maybe even less depending on the amount and the level of the contract.  same with all the other trinkets.  Which may change the way a person thinks about the costs on certain trinkets and may make them a bit more appealing especially if it is a valuable resources like seaweed feed.   Or people can simply wait until they have higher level contracts to accept those.

Something else worth mentioning:  This does not make a difference when determining the value of each fish, chum or trinket when selling fish/chum through the market ... but...  With the level bonuses ... we actually get double on the trinkets for single trinkets and possibly more for higher level contracts with more than one of a specific trinket.  I hope that came out right, it is getting late and my mind does not think well at night.   But rather than thinking of 1 WoF token for 2,291,250 we can "look at it" as half of that or maybe even less depending on the amount and the level of the contract.  same with all the other trinkets.  Which may change the way a person thinks about the costs on certain trinkets and may make them a bit more appealing especially if it is a valuable resources like seaweed feed.   Or people can simply wait until they have higher level contracts to accept those.
    Yeah, I get what you're saying, and I mentioned that earlier in reference to a screenshot from Karen; she had a contract with 1 Rose Seed and 1 Violet Seed, but because her "bonus" was above 1% (was actually around 15%), she would actually get 2 Rose Seeds and 2 Violet Seeds.. Which basically doubled the value of the contract. :)

I'm keenly aware of those bonuses and pay strict attention to them when I get one that has a valuable commodity (like gold, or Seaweed).. I want that extra payout. :)
    {Edit: I just got one with Super Fertilizer AND Super Duck Feed in the same contract. Blah. Can't figure out values that way!}

@Southern (US1)
      Do you know what fish went with this contract?  and how many?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file