Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"re-balance"

2»

Comments

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Ethics, trust, integrity,  that is what is the point for me and is what is important, this is not about the money lost it is a game it is all fake but they take our hard earned money and change things to suit them they are the puppet masters. All the brown noses who need boxes of tissues cant change that this company is sorely lacking in those attributes. amaprincess is right they brought those boats out misrepresented this aspect of the game to get people buying and using gold  it is dishonest  that is the point so sugar coat this all you like with we were making too much cash we were railroaded and their are laws against this type of business practice. Sure I will be behind bars again or banned but at this point who cares.  As I was told they pay for this forum and dont want negative comments 
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I'm sorry to disagree but I find you all desperately negative. Earning $50 million a day made the whole of the rest of the game completely pointless, what's the point in running the Shop, only $3 million a day, a waste of time.
    If the dockyard had been implemented like this in the first place we would all have been delighted; $10-20 million a day; wonderful. An interestingly different mechanism, instead of aiming to empty fishing holes asap we are targeting our fishing to complete contracts asap. Very different from the other market where we are really only selling surplus after the other farming needs have been supplied.
    Yes, we have been spoiled; no, I don't wish to give back the $3 billion in my account but this looks like an interestingly different challenge to me. (if I wanted an easy game I'd play tic-tac-toe)
    You are missing a very important point: It is now very possible to make a huge loss on a contract, before filling it you have to calculate how much you'll spend on crew and freezers to outfit the boats. Sorry, but I'm not going to sit at the comp with a calculator to see if I'll make a profit. (unless you count some unwanted rakes as a big win). Some contracts are easy to calculate -20 chum for a rake and a brush = flush- some will obviously give profit in dollars, but some are more work, specially if you've got different kind/levels of boats.
    Quickly filling a contract is no guarantee of making any profit at all.
  • PJ Farmer (US1)PJ Farmer (US1) US1 Posts: 128
    Best thing to do as 1 has said is re-balance our lives. I have spent too much time and money on a game for fun but its not like that anymore. They (dev) just don't care and we get no say. Its their way or leave. Well I have a Real life, so the game can go.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Best thing to do as 1 has said is re-balance our lives. I have spent too much time and money on a game for fun but its not like that anymore. They (dev) just don't care and we get no say. Its their way or leave. Well I have a Real life, so the game can go.
    I can't fault the developers.  They get their directives higher up the food chain.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I'm sorry to disagree but I find you all desperately negative. Earning $50 million a day made the whole of the rest of the game completely pointless, what's the point in running the Shop, only $3 million a day, a waste of time.
    If the dockyard had been implemented like this in the first place we would all have been delighted; $10-20 million a day; wonderful. An interestingly different mechanism, instead of aiming to empty fishing holes asap we are targeting our fishing to complete contracts asap. Very different from the other market where we are really only selling surplus after the other farming needs have been supplied.
    Yes, we have been spoiled; no, I don't wish to give back the $3 billion in my account but this looks like an interestingly different challenge to me. (if I wanted an easy game I'd play tic-tac-toe)
    You are missing a very important point: It is now very possible to make a huge loss on a contract, before filling it you have to calculate how much you'll spend on crew and freezers to outfit the boats. Sorry, but I'm not going to sit at the comp with a calculator to see if I'll make a profit. (unless you count some unwanted rakes as a big win). Some contracts are easy to calculate -20 chum for a rake and a brush = flush- some will obviously give profit in dollars, but some are more work, specially if you've got different kind/levels of boats.
    Quickly filling a contract is no guarantee of making any profit at all.
    You are quite correct @grrr (NL1) , I have not done all the math and worked out a viable strategy but it would seem to be clear that it will be possible to do so and that the Dockyard will make more money than the Flower Farm.  As @JVD (US1)  said, it's no longer easy money but there is definitely money to be made.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 17.08.2017
    im guessing you do realise they nerfed the dockyard on four levels, we say nerf, tho we know it's dismantling really

1. cant sell fish, obviously the big one (dont even get me started on 'oh we can exchange for dollars at the organic farm blah blah blah)

2. longer travelling times, obvious consequences (including in HW)

3. higher value fish won't appear as often (too early to say, i hear you say) - tuna are now appearing in once swordfish only pools, shrimp are appearing much further out than before, ie lower value fish are more common place and at greater distances, higher value fish have barely made a showing since the lobotomy

4. crew members' etc exorbitant prices have not reduced tho the money making machine is now defunct - i buy 1k roys at a time - $15 million - if they were nerfing the whole thing wouldnt the costs have been reduced a tad as well, seeing as now we're just treading water out there and seeing how prices were set when we were raking it in?

in plain language, it's not an adjustment, it's mockery, mockery in that 'anything we choose to do, anyway we choose to take the game, any disadvantage, lack of fun  or anything else that comes to our minds, we're gonna do cos player experience is not our concern, funneling players into gold required elements of the game is'

and that guy you can see to your right over there, archie, is the poster child of that very philosophy

they need to make money, of course, we get it, and most of us do/.have given them money to play their game but everyone has a tipping point - something they will evaluate to see how far they can push the gold element - they may be confident they havent done any real damage with this nerf of all nerfs

i think the opposite

and finally, @Damaria3 (US1) is absolutely correct

in my own case i spent some gold on the dockyard with upgrades, i wouldnt have spent 1 gold if i'd known the final outcome and they fact they say they were always gonna do this (which is transparent in its inaccuracy) would only make the matter worse, it's simply false presentation of an element that players spent real money on only to see it become worthless to them in their long term play

now that is definitely in the area of ethics, trust, integrity that damaria has rightly pointed out
  • Gruffydd (US1)Gruffydd (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    Bad Bad Bad

Do you even care what your players think about the game any more?  I (like others here) have invested a lot of time building a fleet that will now return thousands of fish which I will never have any hope of selling at the fish market's current rate.

After 3 years, perhaps it's time I found a new hobby.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

A player has to reach level 120 to be allowed to upgrade the dockyard to level 8 and build a trawler, and then would have to wait several levels to have a larger and very expensive fleet and start making profits 

In the mean time that same player still has quite a lot of land to buy and YEARS of upgrades to do

you talk like a level 200+ who has already built most of the farms, or worse, who is bored with all this building upgrades and is not building anything anymore

But you (or I for the matter) do not represent the typical player, the players who need the fishing area the most are the new ones coming to the game and the way the fishing area has been redesigned is not appealing to anyone, more so to new players, who will find it another boring and complicated, redundant and pointless piece of..... what.... shall we call it  "farming " ??   which will be left in a corner

As the game is now, the only direct events that can be started and finished without aging before you see any result, are the gambling-like parts, click and go

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 17.08.2017

Thank you dear John - (I too was desperately looking for a positive sound!) and I fully agree with everything you said here above!
    After all: it's just a game!  :)

@Jiesta (NL1)

share with me please:  before applauding yet another GG fiasco, did you try send out the boats today?

I tried, I actually did more than just try, I skipped with gold several times, and got all the boats back to the docks and back at sea again, a few round trips for the entire fleet, because I couldn't believe what I was seeing

Did you see what I saw ?

All the pools except 4 were tuna/herring pools. I am talking about a selection  of 50+ pools, not even one lousy pool with cod / salmon / swordfish to complete the daily tasks......  

Only 1 pool with lobster, and 3 pools with  oyster/clam/shrimp

In the mean time the market wants cod, salmon, all varieties of chum. I can already see that the number of contracts asking for chum  (I declined a few to see what's coming next) come around far too frequently. The dockyard is too slow for the amount of chum the market asks for. Another un-balanced act by the balancers

Not only the orders cannot be filled because we can only catch tuna and herring, but the payout is likely in the surrounding of 10% of previous if lucky and you don't get paid with items

Good luck with that !  :-) 

• @Corvid (GB1)  I feel the same way you do about the "re-balance" of the Dockyard. The developers had all the numbers in front of them when they designed the Dockyard and I'm assuming they can do mathematics.  ;)
    So why then were they surprised by the profits and progress made using those profits? Beats the heck out of me. I find it extremely disappointing that after we've tied up our building slot for so long to get the Dockyard to the point of making nice profits, we now have have to revert back to the same plodding progress as before.  :(
    Honestly, I think the developers vastly underestimated the amount of money that could be made from Deep Sea Fishing.

Back when it was first introduced, there were discussions among us where we were talking about making $15 Million a day from DSS, and the developers seemed ok with that; Meela even joked about needing a swimming pool to hold all the money. They've had chances in the past to make "adjustments" and declined to do so, as noted by this post from Pichu when asked if the prices of fish would be changed.

It took me ~23 days to hit my first $1 Billion from Deep Sea Fishing back then. 

As of yesterday, I was making close to $1 Billion a week due to refinements and trying different strategies in fishing:

(I slacked off on 8/9, tried a strategy that didn't work very well). :)

I just don't think GGS expected DSS to be that profitable.  They (seemed) happy with it when we were talking about $15-$20 million a day, then people started getting their fleets up to Level 6 Trawlers, and the daily averages were going up.. $25 Million a day.. $50 Million.. $75 Million.. When I broke $100 Million a day, I thought to myself, "Yeah, self, they're gonna nerf this soon".

So yeah, I was expecting a NERF. I wasn't expecting a complete DEVASTATION. A reduction in availability, a reduction in price, maybe longer fishing times.. But the COMPLETE REMOVAL of making money from DSS? I wasn't prepared for that. (Yeah, I know, contracts may give some money, but I'm expecting something along the lines of Organic Market contracts, $1 Million for 50,000 fish or something). Probably won't even cover my cost in Roys. Not to mention the fact that I've got over $1 Billion invested in Level 6 Trawlers (upgrades cost around $100 Million per trawler).

Like I said in the other thread, I would have tried other solutions first. I feel extremely dejected over the upcoming nerf, and more than a little anger - although I'd never be vocal about it on a public forum, that doesn't solve anything. :)
    It seems like GGS does not want players to succeed,....and I see this as another gold ploy by GGS and nothing more.....it's sickening......greed is not good
  • Gruffydd (US1)Gruffydd (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    edited 17.08.2017
    Bad Bad Bad

Do you even care what your players think about the game any more?  I (like others here) have invested a lot of time building a fleet that will now return thousands of fish which I will never have any hope of selling at the fish market's current rate.

After 3 years, perhaps it's time I found a new hobby.

Okay I was wrong.  It appears (at least so far) that orders for fish will show up more frequently than I first suspected.  I still prefer the old setup.  Way too many orders include special chum.  As it takes a long time to make small batches of chum, I have to forego lots of orders.  And so, a lot of my fish won't get sold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file