Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• I didn't buy a lot of gold wasn't/isn't in my budgets about 30 dollars a month give or take a few days since the deep sea debacle nadda nothing for me won't buy any more gold till they let me sell the fish I have in inventory at the prefubar prices
    They said no 
    No means N0 (0-0)///

To which I also say no -- NO credit card, NO gold purchases, NO money for GGS.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Is it OK ?? I don't play BTW school event :wink:p :p:p:p
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106

Is anyone with more experience with the market noticing that the balance of orders versus pools is off?  I am new at it and still at zero. Currently I get a lot of tuna chum and oysters contracts.
    Meanwhile, I have caught over 8,000 lobsters and have only used them once on a contract.  

My concern with this change is if it is possible to balance the pools with contracts. With the market on regular farms I  rarely get egg contracts which means I have a bunch of ducks which do not get used for that purpose but at least I can sell the extra.
    Are lobsters pools going to be my ducks?  Only, they will just pile up.

I could just ignore the pools for 23 hours to save money but with 5 pools I just lose a day of any fishing.

I suggest they limit the amount of fish in storage and allow sales of excess.

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

Is anyone with more experience with the market noticing that the balance of orders versus pools is off?  I am new at it and still at zero. Currently I get a lot of tuna chum and oysters contracts.
    Meanwhile, I have caught over 8,000 lobsters and have only used them once on a contract.  

My concern with this change is if it is possible to balance the pools with contracts. With the market on regular farms I  rarely get egg contracts which means I have a bunch of ducks which do not get used for that purpose but at least I can sell the extra.
    Are lobsters pools going to be my ducks?  Only, they will just pile up.

I could just ignore the pools for 23 hours to save money but with 5 pools I just lose a day of any fishing.

I suggest they limit the amount of fish in storage and allow sales of excess.

Yes, Lobsters especially will be equivalent to your ducks.  Also Herring and Salmon.  Really, just about any fish you catch is going to be your ducks.   Tuna only becomes useful after you make chum out of it.   But that has to compete with the oyster chum you need to constantly make - at about 15 HOURS per crack.  Basically, the ENTIRE fishing region is the equivalent of your ducks.  All you can do is fish and HOPE BigFarm lets you get rid of some.  My recommendation is just forget the fishing region altogether.  It's pure crap.
  • BAH :(
  • Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    Fish chasing number's guy from Antarctica who is on a long holiday. 

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    BAH :(
    Yes, that one would be a total wipe out for me....my rainbucket is full and so those raindrops would not even count.

Raindrops as rewards DO count and would get added to your total, however, while at 1,000 or above they will not drop from tending your farms (which of course drop freely and are pointless from contracts).  
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • APK (IN1)APK (IN1) Posts: 49
    Yes, that one would be a total wipe out for me....my rainbucket is full and so those raindrops would not even count.

Raindrops as rewards DO count and would get added to your total, however, while at 1,000 or above they will not drop from tending your farms (which of course drop freely and are pointless from contracts).  
    So, Shay, are you telling me that if my fish contract which had 4 raindrops and I filled it and my current rainbucket was full (1000/1000) it would show 1004/1000?
    Yeah....It will show 1004/1000..
    edited 31.08.2017

So, Shay, are you telling me that if my fish contract which had 4 raindrops and I filled it and my current rainbucket was full (1000/1000) it would show 1004/1000?
    Yes.   here is a screenshot of my water drops.  Like I said, "rewards" and such will always continually be added to your inventory but when your inventory is at 1,000 or above no more will drop from your farm until it falls back down below 1,000.

Edited to add:  I am not saying you should accept contracts with just water.  I would never accept a contract for a couple water drops, I find those contracts VERY insulting.  I can get plenty of water drops from regular farming. 
  • Nancy3755 (US1)Nancy3755 (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    how can we fill orders when the fish don't change haven't had cod,swordfish for a long time 
  • Bevk (INT1)Bevk (INT1) Posts: 118
    The "numbers" guy is up to his tricks so he can't be on holiday they are going to put their other game Empire down for an hour today to "balance" the game.  They really don't learn do they or they are in big trouble.
  • Oh, they know exactly what they're doing. I just can't fathom why.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The "numbers" guy is up to his tricks so he can't be on holiday they are going to put their other game Empire down for an hour today to "balance" the game.  They really don't learn do they or they are in big trouble.
    Why would anyone flag this?? Bevs stating the facts, GGS are lying to us all.
  • Hello all,

I've been playing this game for years. In earlier days I had built a beautiful farm, and was the leader of a coop. Due to personal circumstances, I had to stop. When I returned to the game, I had to start all over again, because my nicely built farms were gone. 

Meanwhile I joined my old coop again, my new farms have been rebuilt, and I noticed that the game changed a lot since I was gone. It’s easier now to earn farm dollars and to collect gold without spending real money, than it used to be. The Organic Market, but especially Oleg's Fishery, generates substantial revenues. The development of the Main farm and Gourmet farm went quite fast this second time. The Flower farm went a bit slower, because of the upgrades there being pretty pricey.

When the Deep Sea Fishing region was launched, and huge amounts of dollars came available, upgrades became faster attainable. That gave perspective! But after doing the DSF for a while, I noticed in the week just before the Update on the DSF was done, that I started losing interest in the game… Everything suddenly went too easy & too fast, the challenges were gone! After the update of the DSF, I, like many of you, obviously was very disappointed. This could never ever again be made profitable, I thought.

Still I wanted to give it a try, so picked up my calculator and figured out a new way of playing this new version of the DSF feature. How could I make the cost per captured fish as low as possible? And would the contracts still be loss-making (as many claim them to be) after I adjusted my manner of playing? If I equip my boats with the “fishing crew” and “fishing speed” equipment (the quantity differs per each type of boat), the cost per captured fish can be around $ 600. If I look at the contract below, I earn roughly 50% profit and I get 5 more Karma points!

It just goes slower, due to the longer travel times. And furthermore, we have to make sure to empty the nowadays apparently rarely spawning fish spots as optimal as possible. It turns out that the cost price for fish decreases with a maximum upgraded boat, so I am upgrading all of my Skipjacks to level 6 with my previously earned big money.

Once again it’s all about figuring out the right strategy and making the right choices (as always in this game); f.i. "do I opt for extreme cost savings (less ‘crew’, longer ‘travel times’), and thus more profit per contract … or do I opt for less profit per contract and completing contracts more often (and thus equipping my boats with more ‘crew’)?"

In short: the CHALLENGE is back! And I am thrilled about it!

• kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    Continue to empty your pools and the swordfish will come.  Good Luck!
    I really love the balance of the updated fishing pools. (said sarcastically)  I have 5 Lobster pools and 1 tuna/herring.   The tuna/herring is way out in the deep sea.  Can't even do daily tasks.  Now if the daily task was get 0 swordfish, I would be doing great.
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

all mine contracts need oeysters and i only get 60 a day so i can only fill 1 contract in about 4 days

very good balance ggs

all other fish i starting to have enough so mine boats are waiting for oeysters.

this is no fun and the boats are dead to me

mine progress in the game is now 0 and getting very boring.

i stopped playing in dutch server. With the Original deep sea fishing it was fun to start mine 1 year in rest farm again but now with 0 progress its boring and i stop there again.

I stopped playing on Germany server where i started a farm because it was fun with the origimal deep sea fishing

Very great balance GGS! well done!

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

Why is this flagged, all FarmerCli  did is ask a question. No bad language, no spam.

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 31.08.2017
    Why is this flagged, all FarmerCli  did is ask a question. No bad language, no spam.

The flags are often misused by players who don't know the proper use for them. ;)   The proper use of a flag is that when you see a post that contains inappropriate language or images, you flag it. The Mods can then spot it easily and take care of it. Also, if a post gets flags, the post will be hidden from view until the Mods find it..  :)
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Wondering where the balance is on the Deep Sea Fishing. I have 6 contracts now, so you can see I am working. My complaint is in the fishing holes and the claimed balance. Currently I have 5 fishing holes containing lobster and 1 containing shrimp etc. Just wondering where the balance is considering I only have one contract needing anything remotely lobster and have a mother lode of lobster in my inventory. Struggling to fill the salmon, shrimp clams and oysters. Have all but 1 contract needing specific kinds of chum which takes forever and a day to make. I realize these things take time, and I am understanding that and I am making money, however, you stated there would be a balance. We have waited, tried to be patient, however, still not seeing the balance in the fishing holes. Before the changes began, there was a nice assortment of fishing spots, not so much now. I understand the money part, I understand (kind of) the time changes, but the fishing spots, seriously? Those could have stayed the same with a nice balance of each type of fish. As for the dock, I am thinking taking the bulk of the day to make 10 chum s a little excessive. Have a great day and Happy farming and all that good stuff, but please, fix the balance. 
  • Why is this flagged, all FarmerCli  did is ask a question. No bad language, no spam.

The flags are often misused by players who don't know the proper use for them. ;)   The proper use of a flag is that when you see a post that contains inappropriate language or images, you flag it. The Mods can then spot it easily and take care of it. Also, if a post gets flags, the post will be hidden from view until the Mods find it..  :)
    Yip. Flags lol.

Some posters don't understand what its there for.

Hehehe
  • Why is this flagged, all FarmerCli  did is ask a question. No bad language, no spam.

Got any ideas who that phantom flagger could be....?....LOL....hmmm...maybe they will see your post and take heed.. one can hope anyway   :p
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

Got any ideas who that phantom flagger could be....?....LOL....hmmm...maybe they will see your post and take heed.. one can hope anyway   :p
    Who ever it is should be put in the cage for over flagging. If they can cage people for having to many flags then someone who flags to many post should also have a cage.
  • How long do i have this stupid cage on for please mods ?

Oh my. I'm almost afraid to ask. Why did they cage you? Is that supposed to be some kind of punishment? GG$ just loves their customers that way.

JustMe is also caged, Guess that is what you get when you get to many abuses

Are you kidding...the cages are for real...no way, who has a right to do that..?? This is ludicrous !!

Definition of ludicrous. 1 : amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration, or eccentricity. 2 : meriting derisive laughter or scorn as absurdly inept, false, or foolish.

As I have said before and I will say it again they think we are in Kindergarten and needed to be treated as such.  They love flagging FACT I just wish they would stop lying to us.

Hello all,

I've been playing this game for years. In earlier days I had built a beautiful farm, and was the leader of a coop. Due to personal circumstances, I had to stop. When I returned to the game, I had to start all over again, because my nicely built farms were gone. 

Meanwhile I joined my old coop again, my new farms have been rebuilt, and I noticed that the game changed a lot since I was gone. It’s easier now to earn farm dollars and to collect gold without spending real money, than it used to be. The Organic Market, but especially Oleg's Fishery, generates substantial revenues. The development of the Main farm and Gourmet farm went quite fast this second time. The Flower farm went a bit slower, because of the upgrades there being pretty pricey.

When the Deep Sea Fishing region was launched, and huge amounts of dollars came available, upgrades became faster attainable. That gave perspective! But after doing the DSF for a while, I noticed in the week just before the Update on the DSF was done, that I started losing interest in the game… Everything suddenly went too easy & too fast, the challenges were gone! After the update of the DSF, I, like many of you, obviously was very disappointed. This could never ever again be made profitable, I thought.

Still I wanted to give it a try, so picked up my calculator and figured out a new way of playing this new version of the DSF feature. How could I make the cost per captured fish as low as possible? And would the contracts still be loss-making (as many claim them to be) after I adjusted my manner of playing? If I equip my boats with the “fishing crew” and “fishing speed” equipment (the quantity differs per each type of boat), the cost per captured fish can be around $ 600. If I look at the contract below, I earn roughly 50% profit and I get 5 more Karma points!

It just goes slower, due to the longer travel times. And furthermore, we have to make sure to empty the nowadays apparently rarely spawning fish spots as optimal as possible. It turns out that the cost price for fish decreases with a maximum upgraded boat, so I am upgrading all of my Skipjacks to level 6 with my previously earned big money.

Once again it’s all about figuring out the right strategy and making the right choices (as always in this game); f.i. "do I opt for extreme cost savings (less ‘crew’, longer ‘travel times’), and thus more profit per contract … or do I opt for less profit per contract and completing contracts more often (and thus equipping my boats with more ‘crew’)?"

In short: the CHALLENGE is back! And I am thrilled about it!

Then you also won't mind it taking you 67.5 years to upgrade 1 laboratory!
  • The "numbers" guy is up to his tricks so he can't be on holiday they are going to put their other game Empire down for an hour today to "balance" the game.  They really don't learn do they or they are in big trouble.

As I have said before and I will say it again they think we are in Kindergarten and needed to be treated as such.  They love flagging FACT I just wish they would stop lying to us.

This is not an open forum...it is a dictatorship and we all know how that works !
Sign In to comment.