Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @farmerjohn 22 (US1)  love the new sig for @contrary (US1)    :D
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Artful, not necessarily, using gold only to gear up specific boats is not bad, because at least the fish I do catch with ungeared boats would still be a money-maker if I could sell the amounts I do get from ungeared boats...it would definitely be an improvement over what I get from it now...NOTHING!  Besides that the fishing HWE gives rewards in DSF gear...it may not match the boat you have but even the wrong gear on a boat will give a bit better return on fishing...(Note: I have tried this before on my boats...all before this debacle and know it to be true.)
    But, you're removing the ability to gear up boats for a lot of people.  That's what i'm saying.  If they need more gold purchases, there are more equitable ways of going about it.

It could have been tiered, much like the doghouse. First 3 or 4 levels for farm cash, the rest for gold. I think we spent more gold doing it the way they rolled it out, however. I fasted a lot of trawlers to high levels. They knew exactly what they were dangling under our noses. I figured it would result in the Charlie Brown football scheme it turned out to be. Didn't expect them to yank the ball that quick, however. That was a new low, even for GGS.
    Yes, tiering makes sense.  However, people who have yet to purchase trawlers aren't exactly queuing up now, and some people who used to buy gold have put on the brakes.  I doubt if there will be any significant changes coming.  My fledgling fleet is in mothballs for all intents and purposes.
    I didn't get to trawler though I have/had 6 runabouts, 3 motorboats 2 Norfolk wherry and 1 skipjack, all those boats were bought with hard earned farm dollars and upgraded with hard earned gold and know they sit not being used. I didn't make billions but I have quite a few millions at (former prices) sitting in inventory, and I will quit this game before I sell them for next to nothing. I refuse to send them out empty just for the sake of doing it.... I will not buy anymore gold, I will not participate in CC and I will advise the members in my little co-op to do the same till GGS corrects this mess...
    Oh, I hear ya, @Thorim (US1) !  I do believe this will be the final straw for some.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Artful, I am hearing folks complain about not having the $ to gear up boats because of not being able to sell fish....but if the gold prices were kept minimal, many would use them...many do buy the gold from GGS even if it is very small amount...I would recommend to those players then to wait until the Fishing HWE comes and then use their bit of gold to buy only the very essential boat specific gear.  Currently the rods, lobster cages, nets, etc can only be bought with $ (no gold) and I would recommend that be not changed.

And yes, like I said in my disclaimer: Not everyone will like my idea....I think we all know, that GGS will not go back to the way it was...so we truly need to think creatively about how to be able to sell our fish (even at a much slower pace)....It is obvious GGS needs help in getting solutions.  So if we could re-channel our energies to creative solution-type thinking instead of totally being swallowed up in the category 7 hurricane and venting....Heaven knows I have done enough of that!....I would be a perk if GGS would give a bonus in gold to the best 10 solutions to the problem.  Hint, hint, hint.
    I know.  I love all these posts "if you don't change it back by such and such date, I'm out of here."  Folks, they ain't changing it back.  LOL!
    you got that right @artful (US1)  LOL
  • vere (GB1)vere (GB1) GB1 Posts: 20
    that's not correct Pichu  I've not had any cash as a reward...you are being lied to as we are ..Shame on your workforce and inept programmers.  I'm using up the existing resource's I have for the fishing as I can't afford to support my boats or supply them to go fishing for nil return.. I don't believe the platitudes that you believe LOL
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Don't hold your breath Teejay52 (INT1) on any answer...but that would be nice huh..   B)
    Lets let the dust settle till Monday.

GGS are lucky enough to have the best Moderators here gracefully and fairly doing their job.
    And they have been stars.The last few days they have walked to hell and back.

Moderators on Forums don't get paid. They do the job because they are chosen by the community to lead and keep the forums working. A thankless task sometimes.

Sleep well Champs

A great, caring, responsible crew leading this drama filled saga.
    I don't think they were chosen by the community, but by GGS  If I remember correctly, when they advertised the positions to us on the forum asking for applicants, it would be for no pay, but a modest amount of gold.  Those may not be the terms they finally settled on.  Whatever it is, they could triple any perks and bennies and it still would not be enough for being continually stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I read these posts and think, "don't shoot the messengers, folks." :)
  • JVD (US1) said:
    Artful, I am hearing folks complain about not having the $ to gear up boats because of not being able to sell fish....but if the gold prices were kept minimal, many would use them...many do buy the gold from GGS even if it is very small amount...I would recommend to those players then to wait until the Fishing HWE comes and then use their bit of gold to buy only the very essential boat specific gear.  Currently the rods, lobster cages, nets, etc can only be bought with $ (no gold) and I would recommend that be not changed.

And yes, like I said in my disclaimer: Not everyone will like my idea....I think we all know, that GGS will not go back to the way it was...so we truly need to think creatively about how to be able to sell our fish (even at a much slower pace)....It is obvious GGS needs help in getting solutions.  So if we could re-channel our energies to creative solution-type thinking instead of totally being swallowed up in the category 7 hurricane and venting....Heaven knows I have done enough of that!....I would be a perk if GGS would give a bonus in gold to the best 10 solutions to the problem.  Hint, hint, hint.
    I know.  I love all these posts "if you don't change it back by such and such date, I'm out of here."  Folks, they ain't changing it back.  LOL!
    you got that right @artful (US1)  LOL

I wonder how many folks have left the game over the dreaded "no gold lock" drama. I know thousands have threatened, myself included a few times... In the end I just quit buying gold for a while, several times. This is a little different because I SPENT a bunch of gold upgrading all of those stupid trawlers KNOWING what they were up to. Just call me Charlie Brown but don't be looking for my credit card after this latest pull-the-ball trick. No temporary effect. I won't ever spend another dime.
    I should be having fun playing the game and enjoying my farm but..instead,  I'm in here to feed back how bad you have made the game for players  who now want to leave the game. SHAME ON YOU 
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Really at this point I dont much care what they do  my bank account is going to be much healthier this has changed the way I play this game from here on out.  Treating players fairly and ethically, being trust worthy  no no and no so you have shown your colors so I know how to act accordingly. 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • i think everybody in a coop should contact their other members and tell them not to particapate in this weekend championship and not to buy or use any gold.Then they should contact 10 other coops and see will they bocott this weekend championship and see what the weight of numbers will do to their bank balance
  • well another day and nothing to fish for. I have yet to fill one contract. I have 7 trawlers sitting in dock cause there's no pools to send them too. Does anyone every read these comments? you folks just don't seem to get it. your loosing players and you don't seem to care. I am just about to do the same

• xRedeyex (US1)xRedeyex (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    A request to be sent to programmers, please give me an answer.

You say the fish market is like the organic market. So far I find it to be much worse than the organic market. I have filled 11 contracts so far and still no change in value or rewards. 

Could you please tell us how many contracts we need to fill before the contract values go up?

There are 2 types of contracts, 1st asks for 1 item, 2nd asks for 2 items. (I only get these 2) If I keep filling the 1st type, asking for 1 item and never decline then (if like you say it works like the organic market) that should be working to increase the value of that type of contract?

I am having a problem with that too.  I had old fish stock so was able to fulfil about 7 contracts before I got stuck (have done none since) and I saw no increase in contract value at all, I am still on 0% and only have 2 contracts.  And I haven't declined any. 
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  @muggle1 (GB1)  You need to have all 6 contracts on the page before the values start to increase, in the same way that the Organic Market worked.

Thank you for that Wascally, much appreciated, I do remember that now you have said it!  I will keep plugging away until I get a 3rd contact :D
    OK all well and good, but how many contracts need to be done before you have all 6 showing??  Seeing that most players are complaining that this and that pool hasn't showed up in days means it will take a very long time
    and millions of $ to fulfill most contracts since the times have been "re-balanced" and the costs have stayed the same, I don't think we'll really see a profit even after getting all 6.   in this day and age a lot of people just don't want to spend months/years waiting and then get nothing.    

Right now I have 1 clam/oyster/shrimp and 5 herring/tuna, no lobster or swordfish/cod/salmon  wheres the balance in that I think there should be at least 1 of each at all times, just another way to make this game harder then it should be.  GGS seems to do that a lot, make things so hard it'll take years/decades to achieve, do they really think people will stay that long?  Will this game even be around 10 years from now? 5?? 1???

I personally don't want to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions for coop stuff I'll never use
    or the "chance" to get 1-2 contracts worth a mil or 2 doesn't make good business sense.  If I remember correctly in the organic market even from the beginning you made a profit from what you sold,  If I'm wrong please correct me.

Ill just keep plugging along like usual and not play the extra stuff that just sucks away my bank account maybe if enough players do this the higher ups will start making things everyone can enjoy not just the gold buyers.

btw I buy gold, not a lot but enough that I can enjoy at least some of the things being offered.  If I didn't buy gold I would have been bored with the progress of this game long ago.  Unfortunately some players don't have that luxury and I commend them for sticking it out.
    i think everybody in a coop should contact their other members and tell them not to particapate in this weekend championship and not to buy or use any gold.Then they should contact 10 other coops and see will they bocott this weekend championship and see what the weight of numbers will do to their bank balance

Already done my coop is not playing not buying gold
    all too bad ..and this mess is the reason why a lot of people don't want to be here anymore. well done  GG  you've turned a good game into a heap of guff ...you clearly are not operating on the same planet as us.  Good Luck in retrieving your reputation from the mess you have created 
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    if balance is the buzz word, i'd like to know how they came to the conclusion that a wheel of fortune that could rack up points in minutes, which would take literally weeks to acru in WCC, was 'balanced'

cos if anything of late was out of balance to an extraordinary degree, its was the last minute introduction of the WCC wheel
  • contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    edited 18.08.2017
    UPDATE: On the lighter side part 2 (continued from page 20). Having a blast destroying my level 236 farms. Since last report I have visited many "open" co-ops & if they didn't have a lot of red/orange players, I filled up whatever they needed for collectibles & gave them 50 million dollars, some a little less & others a little more. Of course gave my own co-op almost 4 billion. The real fun was & I truly enjoyed this!!! I had tons of construction parts & having deleted all decos already I bought 1 flower garden. I upgraded it to a happiness of 175 (didn't know it would go that high!!) and that cost a little over 3 billion & then I deleted it..yeehaw..Never using the WOF I had gathered 379 tokens so I spun that puppy non-stop til they were gone!! I got 65 Pavilions..lol..course they were deleted. But, I got 86 mystery boxes which gave the usual junk plus 5 GML's. I thought so what..but then realized I could go ahead & mine them & use the gold to speed up my destruction process..yeehaw..ya see I had a little over 84,000 gold I had accumulated mostly from GML's over a long time & already used all of that to speed things along..that's how I got rid of so much stuff so quickly. It'll take 10 days to get the gold from the GML's but it will be worth it to speed things up...end of report for now...& just remember...YEEHAW!!!
    @contrary (US1)     Thought I would adjust your signature so GGS will see you now have empty pockets.

Use links below to save image     :D
    Thanks John but I still have 1.2 Billion to get rid of!!...yeehaw..but then again from where I started a measly 1.2B is kinda broke..yeehaw..
  • MLady Lia (US1)MLady Lia (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    oh goody GGS sent me a satisfaction survey!  what fun!
    And looky, looky! I saved the one they sent pre-debacle on August 4th. Y'all GGS folk better wear your asbestos knickers tomorrow!
  • johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    @CyberJohn (RO1)     : (    sadly its happening alot, you would think they would have done something by now to fix this disaster.. Just shows how little they really think of us all.

Steve came I upgrade 3-8 things each and every time he comes  guess what i upgraded this time  0 not a thing am so upset only doing minimal to help team keep jetty going  cows are crying they are so full of milk  they have cured me on being a BF junkie which is a good thing for me wonder how many other players are going to enjoy a new found freedom. 
    sadly the crew of moderators  don't get the transparent information required nor do they have the power to fix this mess.  Set adrift without a lifeboat  just  like the rest of us. I will not loose sleep over this latest fiasco as GG don't care whether I'm happy or not.. Sadly,  self centred, gold orientated and not on this planet
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    UPDATE: On the lighter side part 2 (continued from page 20). Having a blast destroying my level 236 farms. Since last report I have visited many "open" co-ops & if they didn't have a lot of red/orange players, I filled up whatever they needed for collectibles & gave them 50 million dollars, some a little less & others a little more. Of course gave my own co-op almost 4 billion. The real fun was & I truly enjoyed this!!! I had tons of construction parts & having deleted all decos already I bought 1 flower garden. I upgraded it to a happiness of 175 (didn't know it would go that high!!) and that cost a little over 3 billion & then I deleted it..yeehaw..Never using the WOF I had gathered 379 tokens so I spun that puppy non-stop til they were gone!! I got 65 Pavilions..lol..course they were deleted. But, I got 86 mystery boxes which gave the usual junk plus 5 GML's. I thought so what..but then realized I could go ahead & mine them & use the gold to speed up my destruction process..yeehaw..ya see I had a little over 84,000 gold I had accumulated mostly from GML's over a long time & already used all of that to speed things along..that's how I got rid of so much stuff so quickly. It'll take 10 days to get the gold from the GML's but it will be worth it to speed things up...end of report for now...& just remember...YEEHAW!!!
    @contrary (US1)     Thought I would adjust your signature so GGS will see you now have empty pockets.

Thanks John but I still have 1.2 Billion to get rid of!!...yeehaw..but then again from where I started a measly 1.2B is kinda broke..yeehaw..
    @contrary I have one slot open at Ole McDonalds co-op if you if wanna join temporary like lol
  • Is this negative opinion of the DSF the majority?
    I know that negative reviews travel faster and louder, so maybe that is what is happening?
    For the record, I am still enjoying the game, and the day when I do not enjoy it anymore, I will just quit and
    move on.  I don't think I would go to the forum and criticize the developers/managers, as they can run their game anyway they want. I might point out what I think are flaws, but who knows, maybe what we think are flaws, or unbalanced, are not flaws, but are thought out strategies in order to keep the game going for years!  I know I could never program or run a game like this, it must be very complicated so I'm going to give kudos to GGS. If anyone thinks they could do it better, then have at it!

Anyway, maybe the Fish Market will improve, and maybe those of us who have are large fleet b/c of the "incident", will have a bit of an advantage, compared to someone who didn't benefit from the "incident".
    Or  maybe not, ..and if this makes me not enjoy the game, I will move on.

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Its all a scam.....the deep sea fishing was introduced initially and hyped up as "the gamechanger" because large profits we could make from selling fish brought lab and full upgrades of all farms into play. Mods and developers came out and stated we could make billions from this so they KNEW the numbers.....coming out now and saying we weren't aware so much money could be made from this is BS! Who are they to tell us making so much money ruins OUR gaming experience and sense of achievement? My gaming experience was great thanks, I was loving deep sea and having lots of fun with this part of the game.

So if u weed through all of GGS BS, the truth is........they lured people in with the promise of big profits. People spent lots of gold/farmdollars upgrading their fleets only to have it taken away by this stupid update.....the stupid update that was planned from the beginning. There is no "we didnt realise the numbers" excuse, GGS knew EXACTLY what they were doing. If balance is so important then why have our profits diminished soooo badly BUT crew and equipment costs remained the same??? If profits are down 70% then crew and equipment costs should also be 70% cheaper right? I hope someone reports this cheating morally wrong business, they stoop to levels that surprise even me, and I was expecting this change....nowhere near this bad though.
    Got to ask you buy a TV and a month later it quit working and you wouldnt say a thing to the business that you bought it from @Raggadyandi (US1)  just go out and buy another new one from another store?  

How did you miss all the good comments and praise that GGS got for DSF and  it was like a prize for putting up with the monstrosity of the coop village.  
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I do not know why I am bothering posting this as it dose not good to tell 
    Hello everyone,

Despite some comments to the opposite effect we here at GGS have been looking through your feedback and our wonderful mod team has been tirelessly bringing your thoughts and feedback to our attention. We have additionally been keeping track of the discussions that have been going on surrounding this recent update and though we know some of you have been disillusioned we do take your feedback on board and it is very important to us that we know what you think about the game.

It is correct that the current implementation of Deep Sea Fishing will not be altered at this stage and we feel perhaps it was not sufficiently explained as to why there has been such a reduction in terms of direct Farm Dollar rewards. The amount of dollar rewards available as a temporary effect was not an issue but if this were continuous it would have had a negative effect on your game and your enjoyment of it (though we know this can be hard to see in the short term). While it was very nice to have the currency you needed to expand your farms and upgrade buildings at a fast rate this would in time have destroyed any long-term challenge. Many features of the game are not designed to be unlocked straight away but built up over time; imagine a puzzle game where all the solutions are pre-filled for you, a gem matching game where all levels are complete with minimal effort. While it is very challenging and takes a long time to reach certain features this is all part of the challenge and flow of a game, and continuing to provide dollars in the amounts they were available would destroy the in-game economy and the game flow over time. We want you to enjoy the game of course but in the long-term the fishing as it was previously would have caused far more damage than good over long periods.

You tell us you care what we think and want then tell us you will not put the game back the way we want it. 

Having to much farm money is bad for the game and us having fun in the long run yet we were having more fun with the larger cash and people have told you that.

You have over 43 pages of people telling you this is not what we want yet you say we are listening and will not revert it back. I do not get it

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 19.08.2017

You know if "progressing too fast" was an issue why has Lester been on my farm no less than 3x in the last month with his offers of "spend $120k of gold in 24 hours"?? (and sometimes it has been more than $120k)

The Mods all i can do is SMH - sold for some gold or something. Maybe you are caught between a rock and hard place but I don't believe that.

Trying to force feed us this excuse and make us choke it down only makes GGS look worse. The silence from GGS staff only makes them look worse, Any excuse they could come up with now will only make them look bad, They have had so many opportunities BEFORE to act ethically and professionally. 

Now it is AFTER. Now they have an opportunity to apologize - yup it does mean something when it is sincere which I challenge them to do - and learn from this and other very unnecessary debacles.

PICK UP THE GAUNTLET GGS

CyberJohn (RO1)  ; (  

• LenkaBodka (SK1)LenkaBodka (SK1) SK1 Posts: 317
    edited 19.08.2017
    Hm, I must say i really like new fish market. It is kind of more about how to prepare boats to get from sea what is needed and when it is needed :)) It was just rutine for me till now....now I am interesed more about boats, it is fun :) And when I will upgrade ma market I think it would also brings nice amount of dollars and gifts (that I love so much) as the normal market does. 

I am surprised but I am ok with this update.  o:)o:)

Still waiting for updates that would restrict direct purchasing points of course :p
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    if balance is the buzz word, i'd like to know how they came to the conclusion that a wheel of fortune that could rack up points in minutes, which would take literally weeks to acru in WCC, was 'balanced'

cos if anything of late was out of balance to an extraordinary degree, its was the last minute introduction of the WCC wheel

• contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122

@contrary I have one slot open at Ole McDonalds co-op if you if wanna join temporary like lol
    LOL..thanks..your not the first to offer that...not much to offer anymore except collectibles...yeehaw ya'll
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 19.08.2017
    Hm, I must say i really like new fish market. It is kind of more about how to prepare boats to get from sea what is needed and when it is needed :)) It was just rutine for me till now....now I am interesed more about boats, it is fun :) And when I will upgrade ma market I think it would also brings nice amount of dollars and gifts (that I love so much) as the normal market does. 

I am surprised but I am ok with this update.  o:)o:)

Still waiting for updates that would restrict direct purchasing points of course :p
    have you tried to see if you are 1) making money or 2) losing money or 3) you don't care and you just like to make things work - I know there are a significant # of people who like #3 -- work as in play around and send them out etc. 
Sign In to comment.