Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• JVD (US1) said:
    thank you for clarifying that @eeeyeeeyeyo (US1)   :D

Happy Farming!!!!
    Thank you, sir. You as well.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Now that I can get on the new Fish market I see that Lester's stash dose work with it. Thank you for that.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436

Some are going to be super jealous that you have lester!
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Now that I can get on the new Fish market I see that Lester's stash dose work with it. Thank you for that.
    Yes, I was happy to see that as well :)
    ma'am to you @eeeyeeeyeyo (US1)   LOL
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    this market better have good prices on the fish or we want be able to buy supplies for the boats. the game was just getting fun and GGS went and messed it up.this "market" better be real good or all my boats will sit a the dock till they rust away.
    Quite a few people are just sending the boats out without equipping them and then just filling orders as they can.  Slow, but no money spent.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

Some are going to be super jealous that you have lester!
    I have no idea what you are talking about I can not as you can see open the new fish contracts.
  • brian69 (SKN1)brian69 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 36
    It would be an idea to give us a little time to sell all the fish we have caught.
    ( i did not sell any fish for an week to see how much profit i could make,  but in that time i upgraded my boats to skipjacks lvl 6, it cost me a lot, for no reason, what a waste )
    This new change should have been notified clearly when logging into the game. 
    Instead we have to go to the forum to see the changes, it would have been easy to let it pop-up when we login to the game.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Stef if you scroll over you will see lester on the right hand side standing by your market.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @artful (US1) Someone from another forum said that clearing his browser history did the trick, but we cannot confirm if that was just a coincidence or not & you may want your history. Devs assure us it will open eventually if you just wait. I hope there are enough rakes left for you to get one.  :/
    I have cleared out everything.  I have waited over an hour.  Do they mean leave the screen up and wait? Watch the paint dry?  I'm not the only one, unfortunately.  
  • Jillaroo (US1)Jillaroo (US1) US1 Posts: 54

I still get this message.  Have closed browser, cleared cache, etc.  Get the message trying to access market from Flower Farm, Fishing area and from Farm Management.

Me too. And I have waited a long time but get nothing but a blank screen.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    Stef if you scroll over you will see lester on the right hand side standing by your market.
    lester dose no good when you can not even open the screen due to an error.

I can not market forget about lester

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    No in the picture, above, the commas are wrong! There is no number, 11,57,075 - 
    Don't you think this is intentional? Your eyes can trick your mind in to reading it as something else... on the other hand GGS has troubles with "maths" of any kind...
  • JVD (US1) said:
    ma'am to you @eeeyeeeyeyo (US1)   LOL
    A thousand pardons, my Lady. Never insult the pretty ones.
     B) 
  • cordia (AU1)cordia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 39
    I knew this deep sea fishing 'adjustment' was going to be a let down, but it turned out much worse than i thought it would be from when they first announced it. I know we got a lot of dosh for the fish but I for one did not think it was an unreasonable amount because it cost both a significant amount of money and heaps of time up front to equip the boats and send the boats out. And then you wait an age for the boats to come back Why would you bother unless for decent money.

So I thought the  adjustment meant they would drop prices but I did not dream that they would remove the option to sell altogether. Like, the organic market is just an alternative way of selling products, for a slightly better margin. i'm ok with that. i thought the fish market would be a bit the same but it is not. Because there is no alternative way of selling fish - the bally fish market has set up a bally monopoly!.

All that time and money invested in deep sea fishing. To be reduced from making millions from all kinds of fish, to two ridiculous level zero contracts on offer that in fish and $$$ amount to 218 miserable clams for a measly $248,687. Its a complete insult. I will not deign to click the buttons. (And from what I have read here clicking the buttons will mostly likely cause an error anyway).

In my nearly four years of playing this game, i think it is the worst 'update' i have seen. It seems so counter-productive. 

I dont see what was the problem with us earning millions from deep sea fishing? That encouraged us to become more and more engaged with more and more of the game - because we could finally buy some of the out of reach stuff, and have more fun with the game. And having lots of fun is ultimately a good thing for gold buying - imo. 

Or maybe I don't understand enough about other people's gold buying habits. In my case, I have a fixed budget I spend every month on the game. As long as I see the game as a great form of entertainment, I am happy to spend that.

But I also want the game to be reliable. And this change is a sign of being unreliable.

Like others, I am wondering if it is time to quit altogether. But I will wait it out a bit first - and see if the powers that be come up  with another, better, adjustment.

My two clams!

• This game has been heading into territory less and less fun for a while, but with this update I think GGS has finally killed the goose that laid the golden egg. You waved something under our noses that showed us how the game *could* be for players (i.e. with a frequent and enjoyable sense of achievement and progress that doesn't feel like a series of marathons), then you took it away and now we see with clear vision how much some aspects of this game suck.

Stop trying to 'force' us to spend gold to get anywhere. My guess is GGS' revenue dropped after release of the deep sea fishing so instead of carefully adjusting to keep everyone happy they've just cut our hands off.

You have it backwards. It was a money-grabbing scam from the get-go. They are dirty. They made a PILE of real money when everyone upgraded all of those trawlers. I know I fasted a LOT of mine with gold. Their scheme was to wave huge profits under our noses to get us to spend all of that gold upgrading and fasting then when everyone was pretty much all upgraded, they yanked the rug out from under us. Took away the promised profits AFTER we spent real money. Fraud. No other way to describe it.
  • If we all boycott buying gold and the next coop championship, maybe GGS will reconsider  If not, I'm gone.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    Like everyone else I am disappointed in the nuclear nerf that was applied to DSF.  I'm looking at my first contracts in the new market.  Hoping some of my fellow numbers geeks would help double check my calcs and prices or see if I forgot a cost.

I got a contract for 413 Lobsters paying  $1,135,019 plus 1 rake and 4 brushes. (yes - I double checked the commas in the cash amount)

A Level 5 Trawler equipped for maximum number of fish caught brings in 281 total lobster:
    - 7 Large Freezer @ $31.2K each = $218.4K
    - 3 Roys @ $15K each = $45K
    -1 Victor @ $26K  = $26K

$218.4K + $45K + $26K  = $289.4K

$289.4K / 281 lobster = $1,030/lobster (rounded)    

==>> 413 * $1,030 = $425,390 cost to acquire lobsters to fill contract

This appears to be a "good" contract yielding a profit approximately $710K plus the sparkles.

Nothing close to the cash we were making before, but not a negative cash flow endeavor.
    So, what did I miss?
    what is your time to bring the ship in?
  • When a product-company disappoints its customers, they stop buying this product and turn elsewhere where there will be more satisfaction and  pleasure . If this was the goal of these changes, then your job was successful.You have gained many thousands of dissatisfied customers. Congratulations GGS!
  • Heidi (INT1)Heidi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 479

• clinn RO1clinn (RO1) Posts: 158
      Hy there!
      I was expecting this, so not a surprise for me.
      This update comes to resolve what from the first place was an error in my opinion...the huge profit from the deep fishing area.
      Sorry guys, but everybody has the right to an opinion no?
      In one single day, you could earn 15 millions $ from the farms and 185 millions $ from the deep sea fishing,
      resulting in a 7.5% income from farms and 92.5% income from fishing
      In other words, in this situation, there was no reason any more for clicking in the farms and there was no reason any more for using decos etc etc...the game became a non sense and this update will resolve this aspect...it's a step for bringing back the normality.
      What is NOT ok, is the aspect regarding the insane prices for the laboratory, Lester's tree and so on...that is other mistake..and they covered a mistake with other mistake.
      In my opinion, from the first place, these buidings should have had a resonable cost, while the deep sea fishing should not contribute with more than 50% from the total daily $ income. That would be a good balance!
    i agree with clinn the amount of farm dollars received for fishing was way to much eventually we would have gotten tired of it. their was no challenge anymore.

I thought the same with the amount of cash being generated.  But, it was nice to actually have hope to be able to upgrade certain buildings & buy more land.  It is not nice to have that hope pulled away.  I was figuring that eventually more would be added, that additional ?farm? perhaps, that would more consistently require the exorbitant amount of cash that deep sea fishing generated. 
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    You know, it probably does no good to gripe....I think GGS punishes the biggest gripers with the worst fish market orders.  Probably APK (INT l) never griped about the update, so got rewarded with nice contracts. Check out his orders:

you do realize that it is3 million not 30 and 1 mill not 11 i hope and no i am not impressed 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    GGS has never appreciated the value that the free players and small gold buyers bring to the game.  Without a big fan base, the game will neither attract nor hold the big gold buyers.  Obviously you must please your big profit players, but you also need to realize what it takes to acquire them - and that means making the game fun for a LOT of players.  

I think the owners/developers should learn a little something from the beginnings of the American Revolution.  Here's a quote that describes a basic truth about people and the way they react:

"... all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - Declaration of Independence.

It's not WHETHER it will happen, it's only a matter of how long evils will be considered sufferable.

• APK (IN1) said:
    • The possibility to directly sell chum and Deep Sea fish will be removed
    Im so now not happy

i dont use the normal organic market so this new  deep sea market is of no interest to me at all 

another part of the game ruined by  ggs 

trawlers will go to scrap yard, fishermen unemployed, dock yard scrapped.
    Completely agreed with you...many players(me too) will be affected and disappointed by such decisions...
    Though I was expecting these type of changes when you (moderators) had talked about "adjustments"....

Not satisfied with it...Worst decision ever  :(

• I don't know why they had to change something that was good for us players! I deleted my farm one time before, and right now I wonder if I will do it again! This is stupid!! Have the marked, but let people sell the fish if they want to, like we can on the other marked!!
  • Heidi (INT1)Heidi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 479
    @artful (US1) Someone from another forum said that clearing his browser history did the trick, but we cannot confirm if that was just a coincidence or not & you may want your history. Devs assure us it will open eventually if you just wait. I hope there are enough rakes left for you to get one.  :/
    I have cleared out everything.  I have waited over an hour.  Do they mean leave the screen up and wait? Watch the paint dry?  I'm not the only one, unfortunately.  
    It seems, for some it takes a few minutes, for others a few hours ....  irregardless of the server.  For me, it took over 2 hours for this error box to go away & to see a contract.  Clearing the browser history, cache, flash & changing browsers did nothing to help speed it up :-(    Maybe just go do something else & come back in a few hours.  I hope it eventually shows up for you & you get a good contract when it does
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • bandit12 (NL1)bandit12 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 22
    If you bring the money you can win with fishing back with 80 % from before the update can you than also lower the prices to equipe your boats with 80 %?????Stupid qestion i known
  • The high lvl. players jumped on this right away and made millions everyday

Low lvl. players probably didn't have the dollars to invest so watched while high lvls expanded their farms

Middle lvl. invested what they could ( probably at the expense of expanding farms), were just seeing some rewards and had the rug pulled out.

SOUND FAMILIAR?

Sign In to comment.