Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Loyalty

GGS wants to reward their "loyal" players with bonuses.  However there is a requirement for this ... sign in at 3 certain times per day.  However, if you miss even ONE of the 15 login times ... you are NOT loyal and therefore get NO extra bonus.

Majorly flawed and insulting.  I have been playing for 31 months, I play EVERY day.  I play extensively. This is the ONLY game I play.  I buy gold from time to time.  I try to help my coop understand the different events as well as try and help other players in the forum. I have put a lot of time and effort into this game. BUT if I miss ONE of the 15 logins in a week, I am NOT loyal.  This is very disturbing to me.  

If I have a doctor's appointment and cannot login in, I am NOT loyal.  If my internet goes out, I am NOT loyal. If there is a power outage, I am NOT loyal. If I get sick, I am NOT loyal.  If I have to go to a funeral, I am NOT loyal.  If I have a family occasion, I am NOT loyal. If I am at work and cannot login, I am NOT loyal.

Perhaps I should tell my doctor to wait while I log into my Big Farm and play a little, or tell the funeral director to hold up a minute while i login, perhaps I should get up in the middle of a family dinner and tell my family I need to go login to my game so I can continue to be LOYAL. Perhaps I should tell my boss, oh, sorry I know you give me my paycheck every week for being loyal by coming to work every day and working hard but I need to continue to be loyal to Big Farm and login at a CERTAIN time or I will be considered DISLOYAL.

THIS is definitely something that should have been put on the test server to get feedback on.  While you may have THOUGHT this was a WONDERFUL idea (in many ways it is), it can be VERY insulting to someone that misses even ONE of the 15 logins weekly.  When talking about LOYAL players, it should be thought about from every perspective. 

One of the questions I see on the questionnaire in my inbox is ... does everyone have the same opportunities.
My answer is no.  If a person works all day and cannot sign in and play how can they possibly have the SAME opportunities. Yet those with an income are the ones paying GGS's salaries. Yet they cannot be considered "Loyal" players because they cannot sign in from work.  Most people work 9-5 jobs plus travel times which means they would most likely miss TWO logins every day. They are also NO login bonuses for those who can only play during the night.

Comments

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Love yr post @Shay1968 and I  am a nite person  cant make that 8 am  but am here often to 5 am  so yes you have alienated a lot  of your players GGS. There should be four hour time slots in my opinion with a requirement of three would be more fair and accomodating. 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @Damaria3 (US1), That is a very good suggestion!   Nothing is set in stone, except stone itself, so perhaps GGS could make some changes to better accommodate its loyal players.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 11.08.2017
    I think there should be 4 time slots and 3 is needed to increase weekend bonus by 4% and should also have a smaller bonus that require 3 of the 5 days  to get an additional 10% bonus.  

Also, it would make more sense if the wording is changed from Loyalty bonus to Dedicated farmer bonus because the frequency of play is not related to loyalty but has to do with dedication.  
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Oh my!   I AM a disloyal player  :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

I have been online ALL day and actively playing, yes I have been in the yard working in between, yes I have been cooking and cleaning in between. However, I WAS here for each of the 3 happy hours, and I ALWAYS check to make sure I get a check mark because sometimes it does not register on mine and I have to log out and then log back in.  BOTH check marks were there during the 2nd happy hour.  I made sure because I wanted to take advantage of the higher bonus rate this evening.  I also made sure I was active the last two happy hours. The first one I was not as active, the second I was more active but I was active!.  There is something terribly wrong here.  However, now,  I am DISLOYAL!  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I think instead of 4 time slots, there should be some sort of progression through the 15 happy hours.  First time you log it, you get the first one checked off, regardless of what time it is.  After 3 or 4 hours (or whatever), the second time you log in, you get the next one checked off, and so on, working your way for a total of 15.  For every three, you get the 4% bonus.  (Kind of like the way the total points are tallied in the hidden objects game.)  You may not get all 15 checked off, but you stand a better chance of having a higher percentage award each weekend.
    Sorry Art but too complicated for my taste so you want us to log in and out 15 times  seems like over kill to me. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 12.08.2017
    Sorry Art but too complicated for my taste so you want us to log in and out 15 times  seems like over kill to me. 
    No,  you don't get it.  You log in the same number of times as we're doing now, but you get progressive credit.  Like a punch card.  You don't get kicked out of the running for missing a happy hour.  Every three, you get your 4% bonus, even if it's 2 times on monday and the third on tuesday.  Just like a loyalty punch card at the bagel shop.  Same hours.  You wouldn't be logging in any extra at all.  Still 3 chances maximum per day, but the clicks accumulate.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    How about getting rid of the whole idea and think of something else all together.  I think playing for over 4 years is loyal enough.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 12.08.2017
     You log in the same number of times as we're doing now, but you get progressive credit.  Like a punch card.  You don't get kicked out of the running for missing a happy hour.  Every three, you get your 4% bonus, even if it's 2 times on monday and the third on tuesday.  Just like a loyalty punch card at the bagel shop.  Same hours.  You wouldn't be logging in any extra at all.  Still 3 chances maximum per day, but the clicks accumulate.
    That is much better solution @artful (US1) then what GGS guys have invented. Having no weekend bonus at all cause one can't play nonstop is a bit gamer unfriendly and rather damaging loyalty if anything. Any exclusivity in a long term game of the type "you get nothing unless you get it all" is sure to annoy casual players, unless they decide to ignore the whole feature. Risking your job for trying to log in 3 times a day every day is not a reasoneable thing to be asked. On the other hand proportional cumulative reward as you suggest give everybody at least some chance.

I would go even further with your suggestion: Make one more happy hour section at night for night gamers and then make every succesfull "log-in" count one percent for weekend bonus. I think that would smooth it out quite nicely.

Side note for developer: Side bar shows happy hours countdowns even on Saturday  which of course makes no sense as there is no happy hour active. It only serves to confuse more players. It should not be that difficult to code it proper for weekend, should it? :)
    I am just ignoring the whole thing  as I said am here often to 5 am am not going to set an alarm to log in the game is not that important not doing the weekly event either.  Good luck to all who are  
  • "Yeah I pretty much told my boss I would have to mess around on the pc every day to do fake farm harvesting, just so I could get a bonus! She told me I was a genius and gave me a raise", said nobody ever
Sign In to comment.