Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 4th - "Happy Hour and Obon Festival" - Discussion

Comments

• Nothing happened for  me
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 04.08.2017
    I don't understand why they took away the WW booster in Omar's trading booth.  It has been replaced with a deco that does not have any VHP.  Just from my perspective......  I did buy the WW booster, and I would buy it again.  I would never buy the (rather weak) deco that is now in its place.  It just strikes me that the WW booster would make more business sense.
    As far as I have observed for the past months, the offer of the month changes each month and it stays the same for the whole duration of the month. It just happens that the month changed to August.

Since the WWC is going to end soon, it probably doesn't make sense to keep the booster for the whole duration of August so that is why it is not there, I guess.
  • I do not have Obom or whatever or the bonuses lol guess it really worked...not
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I do not have Obom or whatever or the bonuses lol guess it really worked...not
    Obon isn't starting for several days.
  • From my understanding the Happy Hour will start with full week on coming monday, right?
    Obon festival & mushroom hunt did not have specific dates mentioned in the update, which I wish they did ...I guess the mini-events will start when they are coded to do so.

On other hand - Error Code for Alliance & time zone appears , can NOT water my co-op trees at all, the watercan keeps refilling itself & not doing the job.

From my understanding the Happy Hour will start with full week on coming monday, right?
    Obon festival & mushroom hunt did not have specific dates mentioned in the update, which I wish they did ...I guess the mini-events will start when they are coded to do so.

On other hand - Error Code for Alliance & time zone appears , can NOT water my co-op trees at all, the watercan keeps refilling itself & not doing the job.

Here's some info on the watering snafu:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158590/cannot-water-co-op-trees#latest
  • I do not have Obom or whatever or the bonuses lol guess it really worked...not
    @tootiebear (US1)
    It will start on diff date - the general set-up for Obon & Mushroom hunt is probably in the update set to a specific date, the date was not given , so Aug04 is not the start date.  Maybe when the update comes out it should be more specific.
    Like Happy Hour bonuses will start on Monday (you need full week to collect those)  to apply to the weekend afterwards.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 05.08.2017
    @MoonionsRule (US1)

Trees are indeed being watered when you click on them, it is just not showing they have been watered.  Click 1 time and you will see the money drop for watering, then simply use the scroll feature to scroll down to water the rest. Do one at a time without any diversions (ex. going to their flower farm to sparkle)  You will want to get them all watered during 1 stretch because otherwise you will not be able to keep track of who you have watered.

Edited to ask:  Does anyone know when the next update to fix the coop tree bug will take place?  The only thing I have seen is "It should be in the fixed buglist for the next update!"  This however gives no indication of when this issue will be fixed.  
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 05.08.2017
    @Shay1968 (US1)  yes we did that in our co-op, just go down the list, as long as it gives you the $200 for watering, you did the task.
    No word on bug-fixes update, but maybe Monday morning before Happy Hour starts we might expect a tweak.
    I don't think GG works weekends in Germany, lol  
    cheers  

Happy hour time :)) for weekend 
    Image result for beer gif

Post edited by MoonionsRule (US1) on
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 05.08.2017
    From my understanding the Happy Hour will start with full week on coming monday, right?

@MoonionsRule (US1) At the moment the plan is to start the Obon event at 3pm EST  CEST on the 11th & the Mushroom event at 2:10pm CEST on the 23rd, but please do not quote this to players as being the fixed dates, because plans can change & it is too early to confirm this.

The tree watering is working correctly, but there is a bug preventing the watering can from disappearing after the tree has been watered & the error pop-up occurs if you click it for a 2nd time. As far as I know, it only affects watering other members trees, your own tree should be ok.

EDIT: Sorry for my typo confusion :(
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • @WascallyWabbit   I would hope these would start times as per server.  Please can you see if this is possible, otherwise AU is disadvantaged AGAIN.  3PM is 1AM here  and 2:10pm is just after midnight, we are behind even before we start 7hrs missed at start of event.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @WascallyWabbit you have given us a US EST time for a start to one event and a "European (CEST)" start time for another event... please excuse my confusion while I figure out what time what starts...

with the new "BF Clock" which is server time supposedly... surely you can give us a "Server Start Time"... which is what I think this BF clock is all about... 

• JVD (US1) said:
    @WascallyWabbit you have given us a US EST time for a start to one event and a "European (CEST)" start time for another event... please excuse my confusion while I figure out what time what starts...

with the new "BF Clock" which is server time supposedly... surely you can give us a "Server Start Time"... which is what I think this BF clock is all about... 

@JVD (US1) Apologies, that was a typo, they should both have been CEST.  :/

As for the server clock, as far as I know, their initial purpose is for the "Happy Hour" which starts on Monday, as the 3 time brackets are:
    • Morning (e.g. 07:00-10:00)

• Noon (12:00-15:00)

• Evening (18:00-21:00)

They will be on BF time for each server, so they will match, or at least be closer to your local times, in most cases - INT1 could have some bigger time differences, as there is only 1 time for each server & that server has players from every timezone.

Like you all, we are hoping that they will be used for other events too, in due course. The update does appear to have got them all showing the correct times now & we will be collecting feedback from Monday to see how well they are working. :)
  • @WascallyWabbit   I would hope these would start times as per server.  Please can you see if this is possible, otherwise AU is disadvantaged AGAIN.  3PM is 1AM here  and 2:10pm is just after midnight, we are behind even before we start 7hrs missed at start of event.
    @Byron Longford (AU1)  Your post regarding the Hawaii event starting at 6pm CEST said:
    @ grrr (NL1) how is this the same for everyone.  this means it will be 2AM when it starts here.  When you get a 6PM start.
    You seem to be fitting a lot of hours between 12 - 2am   :o  However, we did ask yesterday if the Hawaii even could be started earlier, once the update had been run successfully, but unfortunately it was not possible. As I said in my earlier post, the times we have been given for the Obon & Mushroom events are the "planned" times & could change, so we will certainly pass on your feedback & request that they be started earlier. Could you please clarify which of your quotes is actually the correct times? :)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 05.08.2017
    @WascallyWabbit I am actually New Zealand so is 2 hrs worse for me the post where I said 3pm is 1AM was correct for me, most time I change my post to AU time East coast.  1400CEST is actually midnight here.  But for most of AU population, which on most post I change my times to is 1400CEST is 2200, 2hrs difference between New Zealand and Australia East Coast, but to be fair most of the time I remember to change to AU times East coast.  Last night event actually started for me at 4AM, most Australians this was 2AM.

I hope this clarifies.  If events started with time zones clock.  Even for me it is only 2.5 hrs difference from the clock.  East coast AU is where most of AU population is  only 30mins difference.  So that is all good.  But as it is ATM we are constantly getting Midnight and after starts, even the time zone clock here was at 0130 this morning for start..

We now have time zone clock, please use them

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • @Byron Longford (AU1) Ahh you are in NZ, now it makes sense :)  The mushroom event shouldn`t make too much difference when it starts, as it runs in daily cycles, so we will ask on Monday if they could maybe move the Obon one to a better time for for your side of the globe, it also affects JP1 in the same way as you guys. Can't promise anything, but we will try :)
  • Japan is 3hrs difference to me, and 1hr to most AU
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Just a  quick note / bug report - the clock on (US1) is showing Central Standard Time (CST), not Eastern Standard Time (EST).

(Pretty sure the intention was for Server Time to be based on EST).

I like the central time zone for the server clocks  :p  For the several years I have played, I have had to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and sometimes even stand on my head upside down to figure out the different times.  Now it matches my time perfect.  :)

I am thinking if they are using servers in each different country then most likely it is based in Texas, which would use central time (CST).  
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    No, it could also be California or any other state.  But there is a big server company in Texas, but then again there are big server companies everywhere.  But I am guessing Texas simply based on the time zone.  But then again, they could have the server anywhere including Germany and simply set the time zone of the server to anything they want.  It is pure speculation on my part. 
    Even though my time zone is Central, I would be thrilled if the clock was set to Eastern if that means the "day" would start an hour earlier.  Loved it when the hidden object events, for example, began at midnight eastern as that was 11pm for me.  I'll be asleep most nights if the events start at midnight my time.  (Purely selfish reason, I know.)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 05.08.2017
    I hope it stays Central Standard Time not Eastern Standard Time. That is the best (most fair) way to even out the zones in the US.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Do you know for sure that the US server is based in Texas as opposed to New York?
    Pretty sure they're using a LEASEWEB server based in Manassas Virginia (just outside of Washington D.C.) to host the (US1) server. 

I hope it stays Central Standard Time not Eastern Standard Time. That is the best (most fair) way to even out the zones in the US.
    Think about it.  It means the hidden events/new day won't start for people on the East Coast until 1am.  Not sure how this is more fair.

If the clock starts at midnight Eastern time, which it has been for eons now, Central will start at 11, Mountain will start at 10 pm, and Pacific at 9pm --- seems to be the most fair. 
    no matter what the time, not everyone will be happy... very hard to please everyone... 

let's just see how it goes.... for now the BF clock is only being used for the new Happy Hour login.... but who knows what else it will be used for eventually.
    JVD (US1) said:
    no matter what the time, not everyone will be happy... very hard to please everyone... 

let's just see how it goes.... for now the BF clock is only being used for the new Happy Hour login.... but who knows what else it will be used for eventually.
    Maybe that's true.  I do know that the day/reset is starting an hour later at midnight central.
    edited 05.08.2017
    @artful (US1) and I have noticed the boat schedule has changed as well... it is going to leave our dock at 2pm ET instead of arriving at 1pm ET.... so the shedule is off an hour and has been reversed... it used to come in at 1pm ET....

I just don't know... LOL
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    It's possible that the US server time is not adjusting with daylight savings time, and thus it's always set to non-daylight savings time regardless of the time of year.  I suppose we'll have to wait until fall before we know for sure.
Sign In to comment.