Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"Happy Hour!"

xRedeyex (US1)xRedeyex (US1) US1 Posts: 75
edited 10.10.2017 in Most Discussed Topics
What is this all about????  Happy hour bonuses???  Why is there nothing posted about this, or will we 
have to wait for it to be implemented first???
What hours of the day???   Will the hours be different for all the different time zones, Or will some time zones benefit more then others???  Inquiring minds want to know.  

I can only log in twice a day, once in the early morning before work and then when I get off late afternoon EST, no exceptions 

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 24.07.2017
    This….

Doesn't seem to "do" anything.  Is it just a clock?  Here's the thing, first of all, mine is an hour off.  AND mostly, I have the day, date, and time right in the corner of my computer.   If all this thing is, is a darn clock (set to the wrong time) what's the point?    Other than to add one more graphic doodad that bogs down the already laggy game?

Thinking perhaps it's server specific, I tried logging into my US farm.  Ha, that one is FIVE hours off.

So guessing just a waste of space.SaveSave
  • Asking the same question.  Can't be Greenwich Mean Time, 'cuz the day is wrong (10:55 PM EDT = 3:55 AM GMT the next day)  So, what the duck?!?  What the mallard duck?!?!?

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @Artmaker (GB1)  @AndyGriffith (US1)

It is a GGS spycam, they can now see everything you do  :#
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Its just a big waste of time......another pointless addition to the game making gameplay slow laggy and unbearable at times. If I really want to know what time it is (CET for example) i'll just google it. 
    So just the time?  And wrong?  Gees.  I  haven't even needed a watch in decades.   Clocks in every room.  Clock on the stove.  Computer has a clock.  First thing my iphone does when I turn it on is show the time.  Clock in my car.   Clock in the corner of my computer.   WHY is this dumb thing here?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 24.07.2017
    The new clock has already been explained to us. ;)   What it will show is our server time.  Even if players in a server are in different time zones, their clock will all show the same time. This will be helpful in that we can be notified when an event will start in our particular server. :)
  • If that is true, farmerjohn, then it is still wrong.  last time I checked, Europe was 5-7 hours AHEAD of the East Coast of the USA, so the day is totally messed up.  another botched job by GGS IT

• GGS says it will be fixed by the time it is needed  and the night and day portion will be important
    hmmmmmm
    If that is true, farmerjohn, then it is still wrong.  last time I checked, Europe was 5-7 hours AHEAD of the East Coast of the USA, so the day is totally messed up.  another botched job by GGS IT

@AndyGriffith (US1)   Apparently it's still a work in progress. ;)
    The time for the US was originally set to the west most point and earliest time zone, Bakers Island, US.
    After the last update it is now set to Ghana time zone (subregion of West Africa).  

I am more confused by the time difference since the arrival of the clock.  I at least had an idea what was going on.  I am hoping this clock benefits the players in each time zone.  Such as changing Yarnical's arrival time to a more convenient time instead of his arrival at midnight.  Or starting deco events during the day instead of 2am.  If this clock does not help adjust the start times for events for different countries, I would deem it a complete waste of time.  Because I really don't need a HUGE clock to let me know something is going to start while I am sleeping.
    So it's each server time?  Ok, well… not.  Don't really care.  They don't seem to get anything right, not even something as simple as a clock.   

BTW… it was NOT "explained to us."    Why would I be in here asking if it was?
    Unless one fishes out information in this forum, it's NEVER explained to us.    A simple "i" with actual information to be found RIGHT IN THE GAME would be nice.
    Almost never happens.   
    I agree 100%. We should not be forced to come to the forum to figure something out. I signed up for a game, not a game and a forum. It is nice to come here and read a discussion about a certain feature or event, but each event and feature should be explained completely within the game. 
    I keep thinking they must get paid to bring traffic to this board.  BUT I don't see any adds anywhere.  (Then again one of a few adblockers I have might be preventing that.)  
    edited 25.07.2017
    Artmaker (GB1) said:
    BTW… it was NOT "explained to us."    Why would I be in here asking if it was?

@Artmaker (GB1)   From a Mods news bulletin..... ;)

Other News:

As promised, some info on the new clocks that have appeared (a bit early) on your screens:
    Here is a summary:
    - it is showing "Server time" for your particular server
    - it is not your personal local time, though for some people it will match that
    - it is NOT the same for every server
    - it IS the same for everybody on each server
    - players from different time zones on one server (example US1) will all see the same time
    - just call it BigFarm Time
    - the clock and day/night are needed for future events
    - the correction of the "daily reset" was done because some servers were on a wrong time zone
    -it has nothing to do with the lagging. The cause for that is a memory leak, that sneaked in and will be fixed on Monday today.
    - you can look up the offset of the BigFarm Time to UTC on the table below:

edited 25.07.2017
    @farmerjohn 22 (US1)

Artmaker means it was not explained in the game, and that is why he is in the forum asking questions. 
    Everything should be explained within the game by either a message in our inbox or an info icon.
    Because:
    The forum is not always easy to navigate.
    There are quite a few players that do not even come here at all (some do not even know the forum exists).
    Many do not have time to read through a bunch of posts.
    Some players have a hard time reading though a lot of material.

But most importantly: 
    We should be able to find out about any thing in the game or any updates to the game from within the game.

The information we are given within the game is often very vague or there is no info at all.  Take for instance the clock, there is no info icon, it is just sitting at the top of the page doing nothing except keep time for some other country other than the US or Germany. Unless someone actually comes to the forum to try and find info on it, they are clueless. They could have put an into button on it explaining that it is for future events or whatever.  
    Well said Shay,  now if only someone at GG actually looked here.   
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 26.07.2017
    What is this all about????  Happy hour bonuses???  Why is there nothing posted about this, or will we 
    have to wait for it to be implemented first???
    What hours of the day???   Will the hours be different for all the different time zones, Or will some time zones benefit more then others???  Inquiring minds want to know.  

I can only log in twice a day, once in the early morning before work and then when I get off late afternoon EST, no exceptions 

That will be the next update, as usual. In general those things that you see in the racing farmer appear in the official announcements post, shortly before they are ready to go live. From the time you see the teaser (what's next?) until the time you see the official announcement it might pass more than a week (updates - thus excluding hot fixes - usually happen not more than once a week), so be patient.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Yes, and that is what the clock is for, though it is currently broken. It will be fixed in the update.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    hopefully! :lol:
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I can see the wisdom and the need to have everything explained in game.  But, let's take a moment to think about this, shall we?  If you think the game lags now ... just sayin'. :)
    Just sayin,  
    •  if I don't know what the "prize" is for doing something, (there are a lot of "prizes" I have no clue what they are or do.)
    •  If I don't know how to do what ever the thing is,
    •  If every intuitive effort doesn't seem to work and it's just frustrating,
    •  If the ONLY way to find out how something works is come to this forum (which also sometimes doesn't work)
    And hunt and fish for sometimes really LONG TEXTS about how to operate this once simple game,

My answer to all the above?   Ignore the thing.
    Since most new things are usually launched buggy and/or broken,
    Ignoring new stuff is a good idea anyway.

Is this really what goodgame is after?  Some players just leave for good when a game gets too stupid.

All that being said, now I have to hunt and fish for answers since I only just sent a horse to the community horse thing and have no clue how this could be fun.   so now I have to sit here and scroll through posts trying to figure out what complicated nonsense this is all about and IF it's even worth my time.  (doubtful based on what others have said already.) And… if this looks like a full time job?   The beach is calling my name.
    Answers better come quick or I'm out.  Let the dumb horse stand there stupidly.
  • I don't see my island...I had invested some gold and I don't like losing that.  When will that be restored?  Have I missed the mention of that?
  • Happy hour clock is on. I'm logged in. Nothing happened...???
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I don't see my island...I had invested some gold and I don't like losing that.  When will that be restored?  Have I missed the mention of that?
    The island closed Friday. it's done.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    It's the weekend. 

The daily bonuses are activated Monday thru Friday. 

Every day you log on during those days during Happy Hour, you increase the Loyalty Bonus, which will be applied on the weekend.

Since Happy Hour wasn't active this past Mon-Fri, we haven't had a chance yet to build up the loyalty bonus.

Should start seeing bonuses tomorrow morning.
  • wow...I won't be investing gold anymore if they indiscriminately go around closing stuff...I only use to get more land.  Good to know...no more gold.
    I don't see my island...I had invested some gold and I don't like losing that.  When will that be restored?  Have I missed the mention of that?
    It's a temporary farm.  They last about 4 weeks.  You have to keep an eye on the clock so you can start dismantling before it closes.  They come back on a rotating basis.  But each time you have to build it from scratch.
    It's the weekend. 

The daily bonuses are activated Monday thru Friday. 

Every day you log on during those days during Happy Hour, you increase the Loyalty Bonus, which will be applied on the weekend.

Since Happy Hour wasn't active this past Mon-Fri, we haven't had a chance yet to build up the loyalty bonus.

Should start seeing bonuses tomorrow morning.
    Thanks for posting this.  I thought I hadn't logged in properly.
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    Question..... Where or how do I sign in to the Happy Hour ????  I clicked on the check mark for 50%  fishing this morning but it didnt say or show where to sign in at...I am so confused
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    You don't have to click on anything @Kennetha (US1), you should see a check mark now where the question mark was for the MON 07:00 - 10:00 time.

Sign In to comment.