Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

World chamionship ranking

Fridays we get the email for the  world championship rankings per server. But you forgot a small thing; you should divide the score by the number of residents for each country to make it fair :)

Comments

• Didi (NL1)Didi (NL1) NL1 Posts: 29
    I agree with this.
    Hope they will do it in the future.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    The score is the total sum of the 100 best players per server, not the total amount earned by all players
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 21.07.2017
    does not matter if top 100, if a server has 15000 players and another has 4000, the smaller is going to have a lot less higher ranked players therefore CAN NOT get anywhere near the same amount of points.  AU server actually only has just over 2k of players.  Compare that to NL server, US and JPN how can we expect to compete.  We have far less players over level 200  and on most servers they are the top 100.  AU server few are even over level 150.  @grrr (NL1)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    does not matter if top 100, if a server has 15000 players and another has 4000, the smaller is going to have a lot less higher ranked players therefore CAN NOT get anywhere near the same amount of points.  AU server actually only has just over 2k of players.  Compare that to NL server, US and JPN how can we expect to compete.  We have far less players over level 200  and on most servers they are the top 100.  AU server few are even over level 150.  @grrr (NL1)
    @Byron Longford (AU1)  I agree with what you are saying.  It is all about statistics and indeed the odds are stacked against you.

Statistics=Chance; What are the chances the people on your server use gold to try and stay in the top 100; the less people, the less chance.

Also, same for the amount of time a server has been running,  The longer a server has been running, the more likely it has more players and the more likely those players have well established farms.  I do believe GGS recognizes the differences in levels in some ways or they would not have tier prizes for the HWE and other events.  I am guessing that is why the felt going with the scores of the top 100 players from each server would be the best idea. However, statistics is still involved and there are disadvantages to smaller or newer servers. Maybe they should have went with the top 10 players, this would have improved the odds a bit or even better odds would be the #1 player from each server. But then one could argue economy, that some countries are poorer than others. Most of the competition has come down to who can spend the most money, so honestly I am not sure if server size really matters, when you can just buy your way to the top.  All you have to do is talk 100 people on your server into buying a dung-load of gold. 

As far as points go, they should be based solely on a person' efforts with an added bonus for server rank. 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    this I totally agree with:  "As far as points go, they should be based solely on a person' efforts with an added bonus for server rank." 
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 22.07.2017
    There should be no bonus for server rank, that is what is causing the problem.

The fairest way would be to take the results of the players over level 250 and average their total for each server, then you would be getting close to a fair result.  On bigger servers there are far  more players over level 250, but if averaged this would nullify the problem.  Then players over level 250 would be representing their server as the top players of each server.

Why level 250?  I would think on big servers, the top 100 would ALL be over level 200.  This goes to show that GGS has no grasp of Maths.  AGAIN!!
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I don't know why you assume I think it's fair that points conversion to coins should be dependent on server ranking, I certainly don't, conversion rate for individual points should be the same for everyone.
    All I've ever said is that it's not worth getting so worked up about.

As @Shay1968 (US1)  says, top 100 player points amount is about statistics and that's not only numbers, but also activity, willingness to spend gold, development of farms and competitiveness to name a few.

I joked in another thread that the stinginess of us Dutch would prevent high gold buying and prohibit high server scores, and yes, that seems to be about right :)
    All I'm saying is that it's just a game and that's the way I treat it. You yourself have said that you spent a lot of gold to earn the points and there are loads of posts on many threads from people who consider gold use unfair competition. (not me, I like goldbuyers, they keep GGS going so I can play a free game)

So, I DO think that coins should be earned by individual scores but I like to keep a bit of perspective, it's the first time this event is being run and @WascallyWabbit has promised to put players concerns to the devs, so who knows?

• wen7988 (US1)wen7988 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    Are the things you purchase with the WWE coins only good to use on the main farm? I purchased a new doghouse appearance and wanted to put it on my Gourmet farm, but it won't allow me to.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    All I know is 1st week of WWC before my holiday I had a chance to farm solidly for most of the week and ended up with about 700 coins. On holiday in 2nd week with only a fraction of farming time gave me an additional 600 coins so i'm happy with that. Like others have said there's no point in getting worked up over this. There's more to life than sitting around stressing over coins and decorations, its just a game. Good rewards are still available just by farming normally. 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I agree with you gizmo22.  Although I am in the top 1,000 I am certainly not a top 100 player, even though I play quite a bit, I just don't spend a lot of gold.  I am happy with whatever GGS throws my way and I am happy they are providing a free game for my entertainment.  I dont really care if I dont have the new fancy Grand Farm House, I don't care if I will have to save for a very long time to buy something from the trader, but I do care about my sanity.  I play pretty much the same way whether there is an event or not.  I am not going to buy gold to hurry through a task or buy gold boosters to increase my points; I am simply going to play the game and enjoy it best I can.
  • Fridays we get the email for the  world championship rankings per server. But you forgot a small thing; you should divide the score by the number of residents for each country to make it fair :)

@Whisky (NL1) I am shocked that the balancers had not taken that into consideration, I will pass your suggestion on to them right away lol  :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file