Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Trading/Selling Boats and other fishing items ☯️

Rhonda1027 (US1)Rhonda1027 (US1) Posts: 12
edited 21.03.2018 in Suggestions
I have upgraded in the fishing several levels and have excess people and equipment either bought thru error or received thru the hard worker event.  I wish there was a way that we could sell these excess materials back and receive some type of compensation for them so that we could free up the space and purchase more of the things we need.  I will never use things for a motorboat again since I am fishing with such larger boats now.
Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on

Comments

• elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    buy a motorboat, load with stuff you want rid of, then demolish it.
  • why would I want a motor boat when I got 14 level 6 trawlers?  I don't want to have to build other boats just to get rid of rewards from other events.  Also rewards are not just for motorboat, on new event you can get rewards for ALL the boats, but are useless if all u have is Trawlers.

I agree we do need to be able to sell these excess, same as boats we receive as rewards for fishing HWE we should be able to sell or dismantle for parts.  Any boat I get for FHWE is a NON prize.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

..... but for the time being that's a very good suggestion @elb (GB1). I read about it earlier, and it solved this problem for me at that moment. Wascally already reported the 'problem' of how to get rid of excess equipment to the dev's ~ so who knows, maybe we'll have a solution somewhere in the future.

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Well I certainly hope we do not see any more Lobster cages as a reward considering they serve no purpose seeing as how Lobster is the only fish in the hole.  They have an entire month to change it. They sure changed the prizes quick enough on the FUKU event.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    who the hell came up with the name for that event lol

makes me chuckle everytime i see it in the forum, so childish i know but whatcha gonna do
  • I suggested to GGS a long time ago in their "Tell Us What You Think" icon at top right of screen, that we need an actual Trading Post........where players can go and trade things they don't need to other players in the game for things they do need.........for instance someone with the set up for motorboats could trade that stuff to someone who has trawler packs they don't need.........someone with 78 gold mining licenses might trade one or two to someone for some kind of deco someone else has and don't want, if a player has 3000 special lime seeds  they could trade some of those for special apricot seeds.........etc etc and so on.......You see what I'm sayin'??, lol..........It'd be a great little addition to the co op village I think........
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    who the hell came up with the name for that event lol

makes me chuckle everytime i see it in the forum, so childish i know but whatcha gonna do

Nobody Smileys Smileys en emoticons Tong uitsteken.... coz it isn't the name of the event. The name of the event is Shinkei-Suijaku School Event and the coins are named Fuku Tsuho tokens.

But I can see why English speaking players have to giggle about this word 'Fuku'...Lachen Smileys Smileys en emoticons
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 06.07.2017
    ok who the hell came up with the name for the coins then? :)

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 21.03.2018
    I am sure there are some others who have the same dilemma and who don't want to just trash the boats that are in our DSF storage boxes.  I suggest that GGS come up with a way to trade these boats in storage for items we can gear our boats up to go fishing.  This way there is no waste.  Maybe a similar thing to the way we can trade village points for boat trip packs or fishing packs.  For instance: A trawler lvl 1 could be traded for 4 sets of Roys, Bridgettes, and Victors or for 6 sets each of the fishing equipment.  It is just an idea. B)<3  
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • Rusty554 (US1)Rusty554 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    Some rewards such as dockyard Jim and others are good rewards if you are just getting started with your fishing fleet. However for some they are not of any value. I think if you give them as rewards then we should get something for them instead of just trashing them.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Some rewards such as dockyard Jim and others are good rewards if you are just getting started with your fishing fleet. However for some they are not of any value. I think if you give them as rewards then we should get something for them instead of just trashing them.
    Wherriess, too.  I am making use of the ones I have won, but already, I can see a need to shed them, and soon. :)
  • Rusty554 (US1)Rusty554 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    I have nothing but trawlers and slipjacks now. at least we can demolish our old boats for a little cash. I am getting a new trawler every time we have the hard worker event so I will be getting rid of some slipjacks soon because we can only have 14 boats.
    I have nothing but trawlers and slipjacks now. at least we can demolish our old boats for a little cash. I am getting a new trawler every time we have the hard worker event so I will be getting rid of some slipjacks soon because we can only have 14 boats.
    You're right about the cash for boats -- I didn't notice.  I may never reach trawler stage, but I really do love my little skipjacks. :)
  • So it seems that more and more prizes are related to the Deep Sea Fishing so while that is nice I have only level 6 Trawlers so winning 90% of these prizes means I get to clutter my equipment screen with things I'll never be able to use or delete them. Either way there is no value to me.  Shouldn't we have the opportunity to sell them instead of just deleting them or maybe even get the option to pick which workers I collect.  Similar to the cat charms.  Example: I just won 170 Johns instead maybe I could have picked 80 Roys.   Seems pointless to strive to win prizes that have no value to my farm.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    So it seems that more and more prizes are related to the Deep Sea Fishing so while that is nice I have only level 6 Trawlers so winning 90% of these prizes means I get to clutter my equipment screen with things I'll never be able to use or delete them. Either way there is no value to me.  Shouldn't we have the opportunity to sell them instead of just deleting them or maybe even get the option to pick which workers I collect.  Similar to the cat charms.  Example: I just won 170 Johns instead maybe I could have picked 80 Roys.   Seems pointless to strive to win prizes that have no value to my farm.
    @kiddagn (US1)  I know exactly what you mean, kiddagn. I already have a full complement of 14 Level 4 Trawlers, yet in the Fishing Hard Worker Event I get Skipjacks, Wherrys and Trawlers that I can't use.  :(  I would like to see something similar to Greta so that we can dismantle what we don't need and use it to upgrade the things we already have. This could also apply to unneeded equipment and crew.  :)
  • Yes that would work.  I forgot about all the boats I've won we should be able to do something with them too. 
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Just got to hope Santa is setting up a fishing operation  and will take all our unneeded kit and crew  :)
    Just got to hope Santa is setting up a fishing operation  and will take all our unneeded kit and crew  :)
    Agreed.
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 07.03.2018
    in the fishing area you can only remove the purchased items (coolers, personnel etc) and do not sell them. Make it possible to get something in return!
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 15.01.2018
    There is no reason to include a trash button because there is no storage limit.  It is not something that you harvest, it is something that you buy from the store or win from events.  There needs to be the choice of getting money as a hard work reward if you are not going to use it for the boats.  
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I trash some things I have won but don't need so as not to clutter up the screen and I don't have do go beyond the first page to load my boats.
  • I trash some things I have won but don't need so as not to clutter up the screen and I don't have do go beyond the first page to load my boats.
    it would be nice to get some dollars for it, at the start i had to buy it en now the rewards are thrown away, just a shame its not compensated!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I trash some things I have won but don't need so as not to clutter up the screen and I don't have do go beyond the first page to load my boats.
    This.  I'll throw away whatever it takes to keep Bridgette & Roy on the first page, I use these (literally) by the thousands every week. Keeping from having to constantly go to "Page 2" of the equipment tab saves me wear and tear on my mouse button AND my finger. :)
    I am sure there are some others who have the same dilemma and who don't want to just trash the boats that are in our DSF storage boxes.  I suggest that GGS come up with a way to trade these boats in storage for items we can gear our boats up to go fishing.  This way there is no waste.  Maybe a similar thing to the way we can trade village points for boat trip packs or fishing packs.  For instance: A trawler lvl 1 could be traded for 4 sets of Roys, Bridgettes, and Victors or for 6 sets each of the fishing equipment.  It is just an idea. B)<3  
    Some players have too much of travel time, specific fish and protection equipment.  There needs to be a way to trade these for the equipment the player wants.  
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    agree - please give us some kind of trading or selling ships or crew for fishing ships

Could be trading 50 John's for 1 Brigitte :)

no way i will ever be able to use the 2430 John's I won in silo or wwc, and no way i will ever build any of the boats i won - have 14 trawlers now

And deleting them seems too bad
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I wholeheartedly agree!  I almost never use my Victor for long term fishing.  But I do use up my Johns to do "fine tuning" in the fishing amounts because sometimes I need just a few more and to use another Roy get more fish than I need.  This way I don't waste a Roy when a couple Johns will do the trick to get near exactly the amount of fish. 
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I agree also.  :)  The boats and the gear are given to us as rewards. How can it be considered a reward if you have no use for it and the only choice you have is to throw it away?  :(  
    edited 09.03.2018
    agree - please give us some kind of trading or selling ships or crew for fishing ships

Could be trading 50 John's for 1 Brigitte :)

no way i will ever be able to use the 2430 John's I won in silo or wwc, and no way i will ever build any of the boats i won - have 14 trawlers now

And deleting them seems too bad
    50 johns is too much.  An easier idea is to be able to sell crew for 50% value and dismantle boats for money without the building slot.  

It is also a good idea to add a feature where specific attributes can be upgraded with boat parts.  Boat parts can be collected when filling fish market contracts, dismantling boats from drop box(without building slot), or bought with gold if you just need a few more.  For example, if level 6 runabout has enough fishing speed and time for 60 fish but only holds 58 fish, the parts can be used to increase capacity by 2 so it stores just enough fish the boat can catch in one trip.  Boat parts can also make boats travel faster and less disaster chance.  
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    I know many have said this before, as I have, but...It would be great if we could sell the unwanted boats in our inventory in the deep sea fishing instead of just deleting them.
    After all, we have earned them as Rewards and it doesn't seem right to have to just delete them if they are not wanted. It's like throwing away a present and... it is Christmas soon (lol) so if the Mods can pass the suggestion on to the Devs,...Again, that would be Awesome.

Thanks muchly :)
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    edited 05.12.2018
    @Wons (AU1)

Around Christmas (therefore soon :) ), an event is going to run - Santa's workshop, where you can exchange things you did not need  for all types of decos. So do not delate those ships and equpment but keep them for the event and exchange them in Santas workshop. Note also that the number of boats + decorations that you can keep in your inventory was now raised from 100 to 200, so enough space for boats there.
Sign In to comment.