Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

SUGGESTION: Rework of mission matchmaking ☯️

farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
edited 07.03.2018 in Suggestions
 I think that it would be a good idea for the developers to take a good long look at the system that matches players in missions. It's a faulty design and needs to be improved. I say this because in the latest CC, I was matched in a mission against a player who was 346 levels above me! Needless to say this player dumped a harvest so large that no one else even had a chance at first place. It's no wonder that so many coops opt out of the CC. If the matchmaking process can't be improved to level the playing field, then the CC will always remain an unfair competition. Thumbs smileys
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• I agree Farmer John!!  Of course, I've played for over 2 years now, and it hasn't "really" changed much if any, even though they were supposed to have adjusted it some time ago........and, I hate to say it, but since I've levelled up a little myself, I notice that I'm in missions with players alot lower level than ME!!  I can truly say that I know how they feel though, and my words of comfort is "don't worry, it'll get a little better as time goes by"   <3
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I seen a mission with a level 30 player with 8000 eggs.  I looked at the main farm, there is a max level windmill, lots of low level fields, and low level stables.  At the gourmet farm and it had lots of gardens, and duck coops.  there are no high value decorations.  The farm has way more expansions than what should be unlocked at the level.  
  • As seen, player level is no indication of how well one will score. It is how the farms are set up as work farms and little to no decorations. Makes it difficult to adjust to player level only.
  • Evildoer (GB1)Evildoer (GB1) Posts: 1
    edited 07.03.2018
    Hi

Im a low end player trying to win certificate's

WHY do missions inc all levels ?? would it not be fair to make these missions for like 1-50 51-100 101-150 ect

I find it impossible to win I am level 29 going against someone who is over level 200 CMON make this game fair at least.

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Honest, you don't have to "WIN" a mission to collect certs.  Just fill a few rounds if you can.  

What I do, and only when the coop challenges are going on.  When I first log on, everything is ready to harvest.
    I start a mission.   What ever it is, I fill it a few times (most crop items can be filled a few times around.)
    Then shelve it, do another one.   Until most of my stuff has been harvested.   

Taking first?   It's rare.   Sometimes even I get upset when I see what I'm up against.  I have 4 or 5 duck ponds depending on which farm.   Last round someone challenging had 25 of the things.  NO WAY anyone would win in eggs against that.  OR dung.  
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

Im a low end player trying to win certificate's.........

@Evildoer (GB1)

At your level, the best strategy to gain certificates is to continuously ask for missions 

Don't keep your farms ready waiting for the right mission or your earnings will suffer.

Tend your farms, collect what is ready and start new production, at times what you collect will also count for a mission, other times it will not, but at the end of the day you will have certificates for your machine upgrades  

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    What they both said.  During the CCs, it's reps that count.  Otherwise, it's certificates.  I do one daily mission for the reward first thing in the morning before I harvest anything.  Shelve if I can, collect a few harvests when I can't then go do something else.  Win, lose, or draw, I still get a few certs and I collect my daily mission $$.

During CCs, I only have to harvest from one cowshed, for example, before I can shelve.  So if I get another milk mission, for example, I can do another one, shelve and move on.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Hi

Im a low end player trying to win certificate's

WHY do missions inc all levels ?? would it not be fair to make these missions for like 1-50 51-100 101-150 ect

I find it impossible to win I am level 29 going against someone who is over level 200 CMON make this game fair at least.

Look at this thread Divjsion. Wabbit explains how it works. Coming 2nd to someone scoring far more than you  will actually get you more certificates etc than coming 1st with your same amount harvested
    You only get a reasonable reward if you are in the top 50%.  Players who have 0 product dont count.  
    For bonus reputation from placement, Instead of 100%, 90, 80, 20, 10, 0, 
    It is more fair if it is 100%, 80, 60, 40, 20, 0.  
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    The missions I find unfair are the repeated missions I end up missing out on cause I have no more crops to harvest in the time of the mission
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    The missions I find unfair are the repeated missions I end up missing out on cause I have no more crops to harvest in the time of the mission
    With the new aboned system, then I dont use special seeds anymore for missions, but purely uses the normal ones. I barely never get to aboned the alfa anyways.

I have 6 pigs, so I start out with them all on long ones, and after the first pig or dung I use the 3 of them to the short ones.

With cows I firstly uses 1 cow to milk and 2 goats, and then the cows as there is going small I also use for dung. And it works fine for me. Even I seldom get to the abandon either.....But I just tend to do my best.
    edited 09.03.2018
    Sometimes the fields have wheat, sometimes all the animals are in production.  If more types of missions such as gourmet farm, flower farm and fishing are added, the random rolling for the right mission will be even more annoying especially if the product takes a long time.  

I have 3 suggestions

Give a choice on the type of mission.  Allow choosing whether the player wants crop mission, animal product mission, or feed mission. 

Combine mission types.  In a crop mission, Crops give different amounts of points.  Faster crops are worth less points, longer crops are worth more points.  Animal missions and feed missions also have varying amounts of points.  

Players should not rely on stackmaster to roll the right mission because it is unlocked at a high level.  Because of its name, Stackmaster should be designed for stacking missions or multitasking, not for rolling missions or easier shelving.  Stackmaster needs to be changed so instead of allowing shelving for 0 product, it should instead allow players to start 2 missions at once and stay participating in both so the player can collect for 2 at the same time.  By selecting higher options that require more certificates or require tools or gold, the player can run 3, 4, or 5 missions at a time.  
    Post edited by dchen1 (US1) on
    The matching system is super broken....  I get matched, especially during events, with players I have no hope of outdoing because they are the highest level players in the game.

It's got that way I honestly cant be stuffed to play properly, I certainly won't spend any money on the game cause it isn't worth it to do so.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 31.08.2019
    Maybe your expecting too much for your level, we where all like you at one time you just have to keep building up your farm making it stronger by upgrading, it takes ages to build up your farm unless you use gold to do it faster that is up to you how you do it, dont expect to win loads when you have low level farm. You will get there in the end believe me :)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 01.09.2019
    @archerbob (AU1)  GGS have stated 9 months ago they agree that the formula to calculating RP is not working correctly.  If it was working as it should when against high level players you would get more rp from the large harvest, therefore beneficial to be placed against high level players or large gold users.  BUT it is not working as it should and even tho GGS has admitted 9 months ago that it is not, still no fix to the formula
  • GazFarmer (AU1)GazFarmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 92
    I recall when my farm was at a lower level and trying to get certs and I concur with the other posts if you play more missions every day , especially  when c.cs are not on you will get more certs.
       I can see that part of problem is the five minute time limit as the system can only choose from the people looking for them. If fewer low level players are doing missions then ergo there is less to choose from. I know in my co-op we encourage doing missions.
      If you are really keen to get certs if you do them when less people are on line either early morning or late at night you may fare better.
    I only really do missions for the certs and in events now, there's no point in doing them otherwise
  • rpggal33 (US1)rpggal33 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I love missions, it is fun and make the game better.
    But it is a bit unfair, though.
    Still, I love it.
Sign In to comment.