Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 23rd - Shinkei Suijaku - Discussion

update bannerpng

Hey Guys,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here.

EDIT: Date changed | Wabbit
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 21.06.2017
    @WascallyWabbit  I see that the tokens for this event can be saved up for the future. So will they go into our Inventory like the Lucky Coins?  Will the Lucky Coins we still have showing in our Inventory disappear with this update? :)
  • This event is for how many days???????
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Will the duration time frame be listed on the calendar of events in the Crazy Big Farm website?
    CBF won't know any sooner than we will. :)
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    So is the game as a wheel of fortune in the sense that it has tokens, that to play you have to use the tokens (that you can get in the future or buy), that it comes every now and then?

How many times can you play per event? Is there a limit? I assume no if it is like the wheel of fortune?

If you close the event, can you open it again and continue the game or how does it work? Do you have to play all the games in a row?

Does it cost 10-70 tokens per lesson or per game (for the 2 lessons)?

"Each time you pick a non-matching pair of cards, one random pair will be removed from the board."
    Does that mean even when we are trying to see what is behind the cards for the first time? I assume that this will be the case so it will be kinda of a lucky game as well as the wheel of fortune.

I see that there are 12 possible rewards per lesson: is it a reward per pair found or can the same reward be won several times?

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    So is the game as a wheel of fortune in the sense that it has tokens, that to play you have to use the tokens (that you can get in the future or buy), that it comes every now and then?

How many times can you play per event? Is there a limit? I assume no if it is like the wheel of fortune?

If you close the event, can you open it again and continue the game or how does it work? Do you have to play all the games in a row?

"Each time you pick a non-matching pair of cards, one random pair will be removed from the board."
    Does that mean even when we are trying to see what is behind the cards for the first time? I assume that this will be the case so it will be kinda of a lucky game as well as the wheel of fortune.

I see that there are 12 possible rewards per lesson: is it a reward per pair found or can the same reward be won several times?

Very good questions indeed.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Very much like a game we played as kids  with cards called "Concentration"

sounds like fun!! :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    LOL  I said the same thing JVD  to our team when describing this it is like concentration we played as a child.  I remember the TV game show also. 
    LOL @Damaria3 (US1)  you are right, I forgot about the TV game show!!
  • So is the game as a wheel of fortune in the sense that it has tokens, that to play you have to use the tokens (that you can get in the future or buy), that it comes every now and then?

@mia111 (GB1)  You have described it very well, which answers a lot of the other questions asked. Yes, it will be a similar thing to the WoF where you can save up your tokens and play as much as you want to when the event is running. We do not know yet, how long it will stay on each visit or how often it will come. 

Yes, you can close it & reopen it to play more & move in the rankings. You will get 10 tokens when the event arrives, which is the minimum required to play one game & so if you get 7 matches in lesson 1, without needing any extra chances, you could indeed play both lessons for just 10 tokens.

When you pick 2 cards to look at it, if they match that counts as 1 pair & those 2 cards are removed, if they do not match, then a random pair will be removed instead & will show as one of your "missed" rewards on the final result screen. There will only be 1 pair for each reward, so for example if one of the rewards is a GML, there will be only 2 cards with a GML on them.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741

@mia111 (GB1)  You have described it very well, which answers a lot of the other questions asked. Yes, it will be a similar thing to the WoF where you can save up your tokens and play as much as you want to when the event is running. We do not know yet, how long it will stay on each visit or how often it will come. 

Yes, you can close it & reopen it to play more & move in the rankings. You will get 10 tokens when the event arrives, which is the minimum required to play one game & so if you get 7 matches in lesson 1, without needing any extra chances, you could indeed play both lessons for just 10 tokens.

When you pick 2 cards to look at it, if they match that counts as 1 pair & those 2 cards are removed, if they do not match, then a random pair will be removed instead & will show as one of your "missed" rewards on the final result screen. There will only be 1 pair for each reward, so for example if one of the rewards is a GML, there will be only 2 cards with a GML on them.
    Thank you :)
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    good question!!!!   so will they?? 
  • edited 21.06.2017
    Will they show a flash of all the cards that will be turned over and then we start picking pairs?
    I cant see this being the case, there would be no point showing them for a few seconds then have them turned with their backs to us because all we would have to do is take a quick photo with our smart phones or do a prt  screen, everyone and their aunt would finish both lessons with 10 tokens and game over.
    Even if they revealed one row then another in like a rolling effect we could just  video it  and replay it on our phones.
    this would have to be a hit and hope kinda game so chances of doing it in ten goes would be pretty much impossible im not going to sit and work out the odds lol,  but sound fun as long as the tokens are not too expensive if there the same price as the wheel of fortune tokens then  they would be on the pricey side. with wheel of fortune tokens you win with every go, this  game you wont win on each turn so they  need to be  a lot cheaper cos i think we will need  a LOT.

ps if they are revealed at start then GGS need to take this back to the drawing board and rethink the way it works as players will soon spread the word on how to beat it lol
    Post edited by andyhudson1965 (GB1) on
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I was always terrible at Concentration.

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    @WascallyWabbit  I see that the tokens for this event can be saved up for the future. So will they go into our Inventory like the Lucky Coins?  Will the Lucky Coins we still have showing in our Inventory disappear with this update? :)
    looking at the images, lucky coins is a prize, so i presume they're here to stay
  • @WascallyWabbit  I see that the tokens for this event can be saved up for the future. So will they go into our Inventory like the Lucky Coins?  Will the Lucky Coins we still have showing in our Inventory disappear with this update? :)
    looking at the images, lucky coins is a prize, so i presume they're here to stay
    @Corvid (GB1) The lucky coins seem to have more lives than a cat, we have been told  a couple of times they are going to be removed, which we pass on to you guys & then it doesn`t happen - Omar reappears (for a final visit) and they still stay & now, as you say, they appear to be back in circulation once again, so, since  they are a good thing, we are just not asking any more -  I am sure that no one is going to complain if they end up with lots of lucky coins & Omar suddenly reappears,  for now they are a BF surprise bonus. :)
  • where was the update?? what is the timing of update??

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    where was the update?? what is the timing of update??

This is what Wabbit wrote about the update:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3560998/#Comment_3560998
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    they're adding an update on the day of an event starting (FHWE) ........

goodbye fleet, it was nice knowing you :smiley:
  • Will we have unlimited time to flip cards, or do we have to rush our picks?
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    The picture shows Reward Level 2 and says for 21-30 courses played . What is a course ?
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

Why is the premium honeydew reward is not a multiple of 10?
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Ok, I am done giving my opinion, I am done making suggestions, I am done trying to find answers.  GGS asks for our input and then completely ignores it and simply rolls out a new event which creates more problems and therefore creates more frustration for the players that are getting left behind or simply leaving the game.  There are players with broken fishing, can cast but cannot reel the fish in completely. There are players fishing tasks that are stuck and no matter what they do (clear cache, history, etc.) it will not finish.  There are players that cannot access the dockyard and therefore cannot compete in the Dockyard HWE or reap the benefits the dockyard provides.  I have been pretty lucky with the bugs in the game and they have been tolerable. But I am sooooooooo tired of making nails 18/7 and growing edge crops constantly to keep up with the Jetty repairs and feeling like my co-op upgrading the Jetty was a punishment. 

(ok, one last suggestion ..... or two.... or three)
    Please tell GGS to stop rolling out all these new events and listen to the players to fix some of the old bugs and to please look into the increase rate for the Jetty repairs and friendship donations sooner than later. Or perhaps GGS can put a demolish icon on the Jetty and my coop can go back to level 1.

I don't have time for new events :'( I am busy making nails.
  • Ok, I am done giving my opinion, I am done making suggestions, I am done trying to find answers.  GGS asks for our input and then completely ignores it and simply rolls out a new event which creates more problems and therefore creates more frustration for the players that are getting left behind or simply leaving the game.  There are players with broken fishing, can cast but cannot reel the fish in completely. There are players fishing tasks that are stuck and no matter what they do (clear cache, history, etc.) it will not finish.  There are players that cannot access the dockyard and therefore cannot compete in the Dockyard HWE or reap the benefits the dockyard provides.  I have been pretty lucky with the bugs in the game and they have been tolerable. But I am sooooooooo tired of making nails 18/7 and growing edge crops constantly to keep up with the Jetty repairs and feeling like my co-op upgrading the Jetty was a punishment. 

Please tell GGS to stop rolling out all these new events and listen to the players to fix some of the old bugs and to please look into the increase rate for the Jetty repairs and friendship donations sooner than later. Or perhaps GGS can put a demolish icon on the Jetty and my coop can go back to level 1.

@Shay1968 (US1) I apologise if you have posted questions that have not been answered, but we do our best to get to everyone, please send me a PM with any that have been missed. 

None of the things that you have listed above are in fact bugs & though several people have posted with those issues, they have all been fixed once they know how.

• Unable to reel in fish - You need to click the screen below the water line on the picture for the reel to work.
    • Fishing tasks stuck - Usually that is a task to use a specific fishing bait, anyone still stuck on that can PM me and I can help get the task completed, it is usually the wrong bait or wrong technique & easily resolved.
    • Cannot access dockyard - That is usually because the Oleg tasks have not been completed & most often it is because tasks 18 & 19 do not look like fishing tasks - Again anyone unable to access the dockyard, please ask on the forum or in PM & someone will assist you.
    • Nails, Jetty upgrades, edge plants etc - The same feedback for all of these has been passed on to the team from all the BF Communities & they are being checked and optimized if necessary.
    As for the new event, it shouldn`t be any more of a stress than Monty with his Wheel, just a bit of fun with some rewards, it might be a nice break from making nails. :)

• Unable to reel in fish - You need to click the screen below the water line on the picture for the reel to work.
    • Nails, Jetty upgrades, edge plants etc - The same feedback for all of these has been passed on to the team from all the BF Communities & they are being checked and optimized if necessary.
    As for the new event, it shouldn`t be any more of a stress than Monty with his Wheel, just a bit of fun with some rewards, it might be a nice break from making nails. :)
    @WascallyWabbit

Unable to reel in fish (completely): 
    They can reel the fish in but it sits at the tip of the pole, it does not reel in completely.  This has happened to me several times in the past and I would have to keep closing the fish popup page and start over. But it seemed to resolve itself and it doesn't happen to me anymore. The person in my co-op, it happens EVERY time, she cannot catch fish at all.

Another person owns a motorboat level6 but cannot upgrade his dockyard to level 2, he is level 133.  He has not been back online since he mentioned the problem several days ago, he might have gotten frustrated and quit.

Nails, Jetty upgrades, edge plants etc, The same feedback for all of these has been passed on to the team from all the BF Communities & they are being checked and optimized if necessary.: I am really glad they are looking into this because it is very important.  I feel the village has completely dominated the normal farming because of the increase from leveling up the Jetty and is completely zapping the fun from the game.  I feel they should make this is a high priority.  I just feel something is very wrong. We should be rewarded for upgrading but instead have to spend more village dollars and work harder when repairing. Like I have said, I can completely understand the increase in upgrade parts but the increase in repair and friendship items completely baffles me. If there is indeed a 54% increase for each upgraded level it would most likely be impossible to complete any repairs even once a day. There is no incentive to upgrade the Jetty just to get 1 extra box at a greater cost each and every time thereafter.  When upgrading my cows I don't have to work harder, I do not have to pay higher production costs or give more feed, I spend the initial cost of the upgrade and buy a house for workers and then I am rewarded for upgrading by getting the extra milk & dung every time I harvest, it gives me incentive to upgrade. The same with any other stables, production facilities, fields, orchards, the bakery, Mermaid bay, and the flower shop.  I would think the same logic should apply.

As for the new event, it shouldn`t be any more of a stress than Monty with his Wheel, just a bit of fun with some rewards, it "might be a nice break from making nails" .  :)  But then I wouldn't be able to repair the Jetty :'(  LOL It's a good thing this event will be available in the tent area on the co-op village page.

So much is going on so quick and the demands are a bit much. My co-op is trying to adjust but many are getting very frustrated because we cannot upgrade our bank because upgrades are hurting our village happiness (which there is not much we can do about because we have to wait for events that offer decos with village happiness because there are none available without the use of gold which some just don't have) and therefore do not have a lot of village dollars to keep up with the demands.  Many are trying to make Cherry cookies as often as possible for extra village dollars but then run out of honey between the cookies and honey cream.

I do appreciate your response and the time you put in trying to help the players here in the forum.
  • Ok, I am done giving my opinion, I am done making suggestions, I am done trying to find answers.  GGS asks for our input and then completely ignores it and simply rolls out a new event which creates more problems and therefore creates more frustration for the players that are getting left behind or simply leaving the game.  There are players with broken fishing, can cast but cannot reel the fish in completely. There are players fishing tasks that are stuck and no matter what they do (clear cache, history, etc.) it will not finish.  There are players that cannot access the dockyard and therefore cannot compete in the Dockyard HWE or reap the benefits the dockyard provides.  I have been pretty lucky with the bugs in the game and they have been tolerable. But I am sooooooooo tired of making nails 18/7 and growing edge crops constantly to keep up with the Jetty repairs and feeling like my co-op upgrading the Jetty was a punishment. 

I recommend you talk to your co-op we decided to simply stop repairing the Jetty, and we still get rewards from it, so yes we get no personal rewards and the shared rewards are less, but so what it requires no effort from our side (image below 1 seed pack and 8 premium liquid fertilizer) not bad for doing nothing

• we actually dont get  that much more for having a fully repaired ship lol 

I recommend you talk to your co-op we decided to simply stop repairing the Jetty, and we still get rewards from it, so yes we get no personal rewards and the shared rewards are less, but so what it requires no effort from our side (image below 1 seed pack and 8 premium liquid fertilizer) not bad for doing nothing
    @DoctorX (INT1)
    You are right, that is not a bad deal.  Actually my co-op will be discussing the Jetty this weekend and deciding whether to completely ignore it or only repair it once a day.  Too many members in my co-op are unhappy.  But at least I know if we do ignore it we can still get a couple rewards.  Thank you.  I truly hope GGS realizes that upgrading the Jetty should be rewarded not penalized with increased repair and friendship donations.  Then it certainly would make it worth upgrading. Also if the amounts needed are not reduced everyone is going to end up ignoring the Jetty because they are going to get burnt out on having to produce so many items twice a day, day after day, and it only seems to get worse.
Sign In to comment.