Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update June 8th - Job Center, Deep Sea Changes & More! - Discussion

Hi all,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here!

Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on

Comments

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Sounds like a great update! The tool-tips on the boats are just what I asked for, thank you!

I don't mean for the first post here to be negative, but I seen nothing about a hot fix for the dead pools that will not reset. Now I have 2 and I'm worried that my 3rd pool that will be empty in a few hours will be dead too.
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    edited 06.06.2017
    Sounds like a great update! The tool-tips on the boats are just what I asked for, thank you!

I don't mean for the first post here to be negative, but I seen nothing about a hot fix for the dead pools that will not reset. Now I have 2 and I'm worried that my 3rd pool that will be empty in a few hours will be dead too.
    Hey there,
    this shouldnt happen anymore with the update we will perform. We added some extra checks which should now prevent dying/empty pools :)

Cheers,
    Pichu
  • I like many things that i read in the official announcement, i hope it will work and that we will not see new bugs appear.

But i have to mention my problem which is the same as CrazyBigfarm55, except that i now have 4 dead pools.
    Thank you @Pichu for the fast response! That is great news in deed.

I hope that the new FF nursery will be a 4x4 shed because I have very little room on that farm :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • shantam (IN1)shantam (IN1) Posts: 111
    edited 06.06.2017
    All points of this update are too good. Then we can make mystery boxes too. Please release the date.  :)
    I'm back with another question :)

Will the chum work after this update?
  • sounds great love the dock yard

hopefully you left out the  additional construction slot to surprise us ;)
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Oh are we hiring Harry Potter to change chum into mystery  boxes, or needing a laboratory so high we need to spend billions on off chance of getting something decent in home made boxes. :p I have just started the fishing , got bugged down on Olegs tasks so hoping when these updates hit us, they won't be to many bugs     <3
  • hmm, will the values of fish change? Somehow i have a feeling that the prices will get nerfed
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    edited 06.06.2017
    hmm, will the values of fish change? Somehow i have a feeling that the prices will get nerfed
    Nothing changed there :)
    Cheers!
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I have always been so curious about the empty plot area in the horse ranch ever since I started farming Big Farm back in July of 2016....Yeah! Something is finally coming!  Thank you!  :D
    @FarmerCli (US1)  where did you read anything about the horse ranch?
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Looks like a good update, thank you! The dockyard has been a very profitable addition (once you get the hang of it) so now developing the lab for those seaweed recipes and others might be viable in a reasonable amount of time. From the dockyard I still don't like that you don't have access to all the types of fishes and thus the only way to play the hw event in case that you get one of those is by using gold skip...

I always felt that the flower farm needed a nursery, so I'm glad to hear that one is on the way :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Applause  standing ovation to the GGS  team the dock yard has been a heaven send love the music and graphics, This was a well needed addition as we will be able to make more money and be able to do more with the Super high costs of the lab. Love that you listened and we will get the much needed tool tip  Thanks so much yes I am seeing improvement in LISTENING ears.  
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I didn't see anything in here about ways to create more village happiness.  The more we upgrade stuff the more of a problem this is becoming. 
  • DoctorX (INT1)DoctorX (INT1) Posts: 139
    edited 06.06.2017
    Thanks GGS, this sounds like a great update, the dock is amazing and I have been hoping for a nursery on the flower farm, it has never made sense why it does not have one. Well done.
    I Just have a few questions and Suggestions
    • will the next HWE be a fishing one or will we be alternating between the different types (Also boats as rewards was great for the first HWE but I doubt it will get anyone exited in future HWE events)
    • With the Fishing HWE could you give us an indication what the different experience levels are to reach each of the leagues (groups)
    • Please could you add a tool tip to indicate what fish have been caught (I have added an Image to explain) This would help a lot for the HWE

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I didn't see anything in here about ways to create more village happiness.  The more we upgrade stuff the more of a problem this is becoming. 
    I agree..... when village happiness is not upgraded somehow soon, I see no alternative than to stop playing the village. I don't understand why everything in the village is based on participation of all members except the happiness, which is individual.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I agree..... when village happiness is not upgraded somehow soon, I see no alternative than to stop playing the village. I don't understand why everything in the village is based on participation of all members except the happiness, which is individual.

Exactly. And not only is it individual its completely out of our control.  We cant buy decos that have village happiness. We have to wait for them to come along in an event or as a prize for something
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 06.06.2017
    Thanks GGS, this sounds like a great update, the dock is amazing and I have been hoping for a nursery on the flower farm, it has never made sense why it does not have one. Well done.
    • will the next HWE be a fishing one or will we be alternating between the different types (Also boats as rewards was great for the first HWE but I doubt it will get anyone exited in future HWE events)
    • With the Fishing HWE could you give us an indication what the different experience levels are to reach each of the leagues (groups)
    • Please could you add a tool tip to indicate what fish have been caught (I have added an Image to explain) This would help a lot for the HWE

One of our moderators gave us the fishing league level guide during the first event so you can find that there. Not sure how you missed that the tool tip indicating the fish in boat was spoken of and is to be included in update.  

Big Beck this is a problem for all of us the VH happiness so maybe it is there intention that we dont make progress too quickly  right now only CC prizes  special events and horseracing platinum league can we get the decos we need.  Just saying  maybe this is  intentional on their part.  We too are hoping for more opportunities for VH decos.
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    Please consider to modify "making chum from single to a batch".
  • DoctorX (INT1)DoctorX (INT1) Posts: 139
    edited 06.06.2017
    One of our moderators gave us the fishing league level guide during the first event so you can find that there. Not sure how you missed that the tool tip indicating the fish in boat was spoken of and is to be included in update.  

Thanks for pointing it out, I'm not sure how I missed it, I plead temporary blindness :smiley:

• Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 06.06.2017

DoctorX (INT1) said:

I'm absolutely terrible at this multi-quote business... sorry. Anyway, found this answer from one of the moderators, it's buried somewhere in the middle of the first deep sea fishing topic:
    CuddlyFoxes said:

There are different groups in the fishing HWE. Each division has 1 GML as the top hard work reward with the exception of the highest division which has 2 GMLs. The fishing level ranges are:
    15-25
    26-35
    36-45
    46-55
    56-999

Post edited by Jinxy (INT1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 07.06.2017
    • four new recipes will be added to the fish restaurant, all of them can drop seaweed (for use in the farm laboratory): 
      Seafood Bowl      
      Fried Fish Buffet   
      Canned Fish       
      Rare Fillet           

At what levels will these recipes be available in the Mermaid Bay?

• three new recipes will be added to the farm laboratory.  These recipes use chum to create mystery boxes:

• Bronze Mystery box

• Silver Mystery box

• Gold Mystery box

At what levels will the laboratory need to be to do these things?
    "consecutive boxes for the fishing Hard Worker Event will no longer ask for fish from the same location"

Good........ but what about locations that are needed for the FHW simply not being present at all, at that time?

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @gavinfarms (US1) why don't we wait and see what all this means and happens when the update is implemented?!  hard for Mods to give answers when it hasn't even happened yet... they have provided us with the info  they have been given to date. :)
    edited 07.06.2017
    JVD (US1) said:
    @gavinfarms (US1) why don't we wait and see what all this means and happens when the update is implemented?!  hard for Mods to give answers when it hasn't even happened yet... they have provided us with the info  they have been given to date. :)

For question number one above, yes, I can get those answers with the update.  The second issue of the lacking fishing locations for the FHW seemed unanswered in the update announcement.  And typically, the bug fixes that accompany an update tend to be only what they explicitly state and nothing more.......which would still leave us with a completely dysfunctional FHW.

Part of the reason I ask about the recipes, is that placing these recipes (which we are told will drop seaweed) at lower levels would be particularly unfair to those who have worked hard over this past year to improve their fish xp levels.  If a fish xp level of 20 suddenly has a recipe that drops seaweed, this would be terribly unfair to those who have put in the work to get their levels up.  Such a move would really concern me.  Because if you just drop all of the goals in the game down, then what is the point of the game at all?  So, yes, I have a very real reason to be very concerned about the levels of the new fish dishes.  I don't mind them being lower than the 61, previously required to unlock seaweed dishes, because that was perhaps a bit high, but putting them below 50-ish, would deeply trouble me, especially given how easy it is to earn fish xp with the deep sea features.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • Thanks GGS, this sounds like a great update, the dock is amazing and I have been hoping for a nursery on the flower farm, it has never made sense why it does not have one. Well done.

this image is exactly what we need!!! i cant remember half the time what i sent out for!! :)
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507

Exactly. And not only is it individual its completely out of our control.  We cant buy decos that have village happiness. We have to wait for them to come along in an event or as a prize for something
    True, it'll become a major problem in the future. Even the biggest co-op without investing for gold would got a serious problem here, due to increasing production cost, with exception of edge plants, which using farm happiness instead
Sign In to comment.