Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Simple, Basic Guide and Tips for Fishing with new dockyard boats/ships. * Sorry the dream ended *

1911»

Comments

• Updated the first post of this Thread.

Santa left us! back to stone age again. :'(
  • Nothing good ever lasts when GGS is behind it.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Updated the first post of this Thread.

All your hard work.  I just got started with the fleet thing, and used your notes as a valuable guide.  We'll just have to see how it all pans out, but to say we're all very disappointed is a mild understatement.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 16.08.2017

It was great fun for as long as this hysterical moneymaking party lasted, dear Griff - and undoubtedly a little disappointing to say goodbye to it, of course ~ but that it would end in due course never could have been entirely unexpected IMHO... 

At least I am very happy I had the chance to make such big money in such a short time - and to be honest: we in our coop just knew it couldn't last very long (didn't take too many braincells so even I could figure that one out ;) ), I can't even imagine players really expected this DSF-making-fast-millions would last for ever ...

But as we don't know and haven't seen it yet, we decided to just await what this new DSF feature & it's market design will bring us! In the meantime all my members are very happy with the millions they made so far, so "no complaints so far" to use their own words.

In the meantime
    your 'basic' guide was a great help to me and my coop members and

we want to say once again: many, many thanks for your time and energy!!!
    Bedankt smileys Smileys en emoticons

• Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100

So sorry to see it go, but thank you Griffith for all your valuable info.  I made a large amount of money using your methods and would not have that extra cash now if it wasn't for your hard work putting it all together.  Thanks!!
  • What gets me is...we get something that works and GGS breaks it...but will never fix the things that  need fixing.

Their thinking is upside down...what is right is wrong and wrong is right...what gives and why..??
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
     I don't have so much an issue with the DSF changes which were inevitable, as the concern that we may be spending more than we are getting in doing DSF. Crew, storage etc cost money. I'm not convinced the costs will be covered at this stage.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 20.08.2017
     I don't have so much an issue with the DSF changes which were inevitable, as the concern that we may be spending more than we are getting in doing DSF. Crew, storage etc cost money. I'm not convinced the costs will be covered at this stage.
    Completely agree Rusty! :) The adjustment was foreseeable and as you say inevitable (so we in our coop don't have any issues with that either) - but indeed the new numbers/prices absolutely need tweaking, as a good variety of fish spots and the travel times to the fish spots a.o. do too. Now that Griffith proven some numbers/prices to be absolutely way off (great job!!), I am sure that GGS will tweak things after gathering all of our feedback. Let's hope it will be sufficient to get some reasonable profit out of it!
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 23.08.2017
    GGS needs to pay Griffith for all his hard work  oh wait that is why they pay for this forum 1. so players find and direct them to their errors,  2. so players can teach others how to play a game that has no instructions, 3  so players can work the numbers for them 4 as a gauge to how much fun are we having  cant have that meter get too high or we will be re-balanced.
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
    Agreed.  I have everything on the back burner for the time being in case there might be another "adjustment." :)
    Standard ingredients can be both put into contracts and sold directly. Perhaps we should have the choice to sell the fish directly as well as put into contracts but at a somewhat reduced price.

Personally, I would have loved to have seen a simulated world (local server) market with prices rising and falling depending on supply and simulated demand. The prices could be recalculated maybe once a day or even once an hour depending on how much of a particular fish has been sold. For instance, if in the past hour a huge amount of lobster has been sold across the server in excess of a simulated demand, there would be a drop in lobster price. It would increase again if the amount sold in the next period is below the simulated demand.

Another option would be a slow increase in fish prices depending on game and/or fishing level.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499

Personally, I would have loved to have seen a simulated world (local server) market with prices rising and falling depending on supply and simulated demand. The prices could be recalculated maybe once a day or even once an hour depending on how much of a particular fish has been sold. For instance, if in the past hour a huge amount of lobster has been sold across the server in excess of a simulated demand, there would be a drop in lobster price. It would increase again if the amount sold in the next period is below the simulated demand.
    Another bad idea which would only complicate the whole system with one more variable and potentialy make players who don't want to calc for every single sale lose money even more. Or it would just make you set some thresholds and then not sell if the prices were below that threshold. And on top of that I wouldn¨t trust that mechanism to GGS, not after I've played this game for 3 years. Already fed up with the need to constantly check if the "briliant" GGS guys did the math right.
    One huge difference between the Organic Market and the Fish Market:  we can choose what to produce for the organic market.  If a contract is calling for corn and apples, we can then switch gears and plant corn and apples.  We have no such option in the fish market.  We are at the mercy of the developers who right now see fit to supply me only with herring and tuna. (All day, every day.)
    Yes, I have a contract that requires lobster. Suddenly I can not get a lobster pool. Coincidence or...?
  • Honestly I'm still waiting for GGS to respond, even though personally I still can make maybe 200k dollars profit from oysters/shrimp/clams daily, but not everyone is a mathematician and these pools are a trap right now for most of the players who not be super careful. and there's no more Tuna or swordfish or salmon, It's just Herring pools sometimes, and rarely ever lobster or Cod pools. This is just awful...
  • all of these tips are great, but my question is, how often will the pools change? during the hard worker event, the next fish to catch is lobster and I have most boats ready to equip and send out - BUT no lobster pools to be found and 22+ hours left on all the pools. so I am guessing they want me to spend gold to skip lobsters but I also need lobsters for the fish market. 
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    You need to keep emptying pools to get them to change .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file