Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Tasks for Oleg's Fishing Quest

Comments

• rhino9 (US1)rhino9 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    I am trying to do the 26 tasks to unlock dockyard. I cannot find the fisherman picture under the flower farm.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I am trying to do the 26 tasks to unlock dockyard. I cannot find the fisherman picture under the flower farm.
    Not all the tasks will have a picture of the fisherman. Take a good look at @Rowdy Rac opening post  https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/154396/tasks-for-olegs-fishing-quest
    The first picture is which farm the task is on the second picture shows the task needed to complete to open the Dock Yard
  • wen7988 (US1)wen7988 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    I found mine on the main farm
    I have a motorboat that is ready, how do I send it out to go fishing? What does the fishing hole look like?
  • Sa11y (US1)Sa11y (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    I have a motorboat that is ready, how do I send it out to go fishing? What does the fishing hole look like?
    You must finish all the tasks that are shown in the first post of this thread, before you can send your boat out to fish.
    If you have equipped your motor boat then click on a fishing spot then click the fish then select your boat and send
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Thank you!  I jumped ahead of myself and went to a fishing hole before I checked.

I have just done exactly the same thing :(   I have now no sign of my boat and a fishing area that says that "these fish can still be caught" but how when the boat isn't showing?  Aaaarrrgh !!!!  Where did my boat go to and when will it be back?  Do I have to wait the full 7 or 8hrs that was showing when I went to the fishing area?

I am trying to keep my coop updated with the fishing/dockyard but am finding it very difficult when I don't understand it myself. 

(Reminder to self - READ FORUM BEFORE STARTING SOMETHING NEW)

I did what you said "If you have equipped your motor boat then click on a fishing spot then click the fish then select your boat and send." I click all over the ocean, but I do not see a fishing hole. Nothing pops up saying I can send my boat anywhere.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 29.05.2017
    I did what you said "If you have equipped your motor boat then click on a fishing spot then click the fish then select your boat and send." I click all over the ocean, but I do not see a fishing hole. Nothing pops up saying I can send my boat anywhere.

If you move your mouse over the water you will come across areas that are roughly circled with white - these are the fishing holes.  One of them is above the sunken vessel, which is in a straight line from the dockyard.  There is also one very close to the dockyard, in a straight line to the right in shallow waters.
    Try logging out clearing your browser history then log back in go the the deep sea fishing area see if the fishing holes have shown up for you
  • I am stuck on number 15 on the list of how to open your boat dock.  I bought the bait, then went fishing.  ALL the bass that I caught ran to the bottom and then the line stopped.  They keep wanting me to buy more bait, etc and fish.  Sent Oleg and he caught the bass, but it did not clear out the icon.  Have been fishing 7 times.  I am not a bad fisherwoman, but this is ridiculous.  How can I get off #15 with out going broke?
    edited 31.05.2017
    It sounds like you may not know how to use the bait.
     You just have to use it not catch a fish with it but it doesn't hurt ;)

If you don't have the kind of bait you need, you can purchase some in the shop (top of ring menu, 3rd tab on the shop menu). The ones that cost dollars only attract a single fish of that type while the ones for gold will attract several.
    To use your bait, you will need to open the menu on the left side of the mini game. Click the bait tab, select the type of bait you want to use (you can use more than one type if you like), then click the green arrow to use the bait & make that type of fish appear. 

Note: You don't have to purchase any bait. Once you reach fishing level 15 10, you will unlock the boats & be able to catch the different types of fish in different locations.
    Taken from https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/135909/tutorial-fishing
    thanks @jess_d (US1)
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
    edited 31.05.2017
    The Bluefish and Bonito aren't on the lower farm and makes it harder for members to get through that task.
    Post edited by Sa11y (US1) on
  • ???? I can usually fish for Bonito and Bluefish when I fish direct in the sea from the bridge , (that's from the "flower farm" ) now all of a sudden i can only fish for "lake-fish" there (as well as in the lakes) no chance of fishing anything else .....except if i buy bait for that particular fish : 1 bait (of for instance bluefish) is equal to 1 fish relished i basin ...???
    How can that be?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I bought the bait for bluefish.  Unfortunately, they did not magically reappear in the water.
    edited 31.05.2017
    Why wasn't there a warning? I have been helping a member get through her tasks, she is a bit slow, and now It will take forever to get her through to having a fleet. I just wish we would have had some warning.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 02.06.2017
    Why wasn't there a warning? I have been helping a member get through her tasks, she is a bit slow, and now It will take forever to get her through to having a fleet. I just wish we would have had some warning.

I completely agree - players who still have to finish Oleg's list of tasks, are confused now - as well as their tutors... This alteration as well as not giving us a warning on beforehand (if not a bug) = nót a very nice move GGS!

Turned out to be a bug .... lucky us!!  :p
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • rhino9 (US1)rhino9 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    I am on the task using bass bait. I have bought and equipped the bait but am having a problem using the bait. I have caught several bass at three different location and still haven't accomplished the task. What else do I need to do?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I am on the task using bass bait. I have bought and equipped the bait but am having a problem using the bait. I have caught several bass at three different location and still haven't accomplished the task. What else do I need to do?
    @rhino9 (US1)   Read the post from RowdyRac at the beginning of this thread....    :)

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3534248/#Comment_3534248

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Try using the bait just from the dock on the Main Farm, not from going out on the boat to one of the fishing locations (like Wild River, Rough Sea, etc.)  That worked for 2 of my Co-Op mates.
  • I still can NOT fish the reel does NOT work  and it stop working since the last update . I am missing out on all this and the hard works . if it can't be fix  take it off my farm 

Thank You 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @silk_ribbons (US1)  just checking... be sure to keep your cursor (reel) below the water line.... it will not work out of the water
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    JVD (US1) said:
    @silk_ribbons (US1)  just checking... be sure to keep your cursor (reel) below the water line.... it will not work out of the water
    Huge help -- thanks!
  • I was really pleased to see the right fish reaper in in the right basins today THANK-YOU <3 !!!!(whoever or what ever did the trick )   :)  

Now I have a fish bucket question : I'v reached the task where i have to fill a particular bucket with fish (and buy a wooden pole) : >>>>Buy large bucket 1x and wooden pole 1x .<<<<
    I have not yet upgraded my buckets and have to do so now (starting with the smallest )  but I do not have the time to go fishing my self atm and i'v realized ,from trying to fill the buckets by fishing by myself, that it will become a very slow task to upgrade these buckets to reach to the large bucket.
     Is it possible to to send Oleg to do the task for me ?
    I'v tried to send a boat but it did not do any thing (no filled  bucket) 
    SO if anyone have experience to share on the subject I WOULD BE MOST 
    GRATEFUL 
    edited 01.06.2017
    I was really pleased to see the right fish reaper in in the right basins today THANK-YOU <3 !!!!(whoever or what ever did the trick )   :)  

Now I have a fish bucket question : I'v reached the task where i have to fill a particular bucket with fish (and buy a wooden pole) : >>>>Buy large bucket 1x and wooden pole 1x .<<<<
    I have not yet upgraded my buckets and have to do so now (starting with the smallest )  but I do not have the time to go fishing my self atm and i'v realized ,from trying to fill the buckets by fishing by myself, that it will become a very slow task to upgrade these buckets to reach to the large bucket.
     Is it possible to to send Oleg to do the task for me ?
    I'v tried to send a boat but it did not do any thing (no filled  bucket) 
    SO if anyone have experience to share on the subject I WOULD BE MOST 
    GRATEFUL 

@HipLYS (SKN1)   To get from the small to the large bucket, you don't need to fish. Just buy another small bucket until it gives you the option to buy the medium bucket, then buy another medium bucket and it will give you the option to buy the Large bucket. :)

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • I'm on the last level with Oleg.  I've purchased the large minnow hook and I've tried fishing but nothing is happening.
  • Never mind I started just clicking around and the task was completed then.

Thanks,

Xylera

edited 01.06.2017
    I'm on the last level with Oleg.  I've purchased the large minnow hook and I've tried fishing but nothing is happening.
    You have to go to your tackle box and click and drag the large minnow hook over to the right side before you start fishing. :)

• lol >:)
Sign In to comment.