Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Tasks for Oleg's Fishing Quest

RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
edited 14.05.2018 in Tutorials and FAQs
This is a list of 26 tasks that need to be completed before the dockyard will unlock/be usable.

The first small picture indicates the farm on which the task will appear (in the left hand task bar).
The second picture shows what the task will look like  (when it presents in the left hand task bar).

1.)   Find the Fisherman
     Reward: Small bucket (level 1) 1x and Small tackle box (level 1) 1x

2.)   Donate eggs 10x and corn 10x
     Reward: Reed pole 1x

3.)  
     i.) Learn how to fish
         Reward: Simple line 5x and Small minnow hook 5x
     ii.) Tell Oleg to fish for bass
         Reward: Reed pole 1x and Spinning reel 1x
     iii.) Start your training
         Reward: Simple line 5x and Small minnow hook 5x

4.)   Fish for 150 kg of bass
     Reward: FXP 2,500x

5.)   Donate 20 kg of carp
     Reward: Small minnow hook 20x and FXP 750x

6.)   Donate 80 kg of bluefish
     Reward: FXP 3,500x

7.)   Fish for 150 kg of bass
     Reward: Dollars 10,000x and FXP 2,500x

8.)   Donate 48 kg of bass and 20 kg of bluefish
     Reward: FXP 8,500x and Simple grouper bait 4x

9.)   Donate 75 kg of carp and 150 kg of bass
     Reward: FXP 10,000x and Dollars 20,000x

10.)   Donate 84 kg of bluefish
     Reward: FXP 2,500x

11.)   Donate 250 kg of catfish
     Reward: FXP 3,500x

12.)   Donate 32 kg of pickerel
     Reward: Thin monofilament line 10x and FXP 2,500x

13.)   Fish for 150 kg of carp, 230 kg of pickerel, 150 kg of bonito
     Reward: FXP 1,500x and Dollars 15,000x

14.)   Buy simple bass bait 1x and Use simple bass bait 1x
     Reward: FXP 5,000x and Sophisticated catfish bait 5x

15.)   Fish for 150 kg of catfish and 210 kg of bonito
     Reward: Sophisticated bonito bait 6x and FXP 4,000x

16.)   Fish for 230 kg of mahi-mahi
     Reward: FXP 4,000x and Sophisticated mahi-mahi bait 5x

17.)   Fish for 140 kg of bass and Donate eggs 140x
     Reward: Sophisticated bonito bait 6x and FXP 1,500x

18.)   Produce milk 150x
     Reward: Dollars 20,000x

19.)   Harvest wheat 150x
     Reward: Dollars 35,000x

20.)   Fish for 150 kg of bluefish and Donate apples 150x
     Reward: FXP 4,500x and Dollars 10,000x

21.)   Buy simple sturgeon bait 1x & Use simple sturgeon bait 1x
     Reward: FXP 4,500x

22.)   Buy drag reel 1x and medium monofilament line 1x
     Reward: FXP 12,000x

23.)   Donate 640 kg of sturgeon and 240 kg of pickerel
     Reward: FXP 35,000x

24.)   Donate 64 kg of bonito and 690 kg of sturgeon

25.)   Buy large bucket 1x and wooden pole 1x

26.)   Buy large minnow hook 1x and Use large minnow hook 1x
     Reward: FXP 4,500x

Compiled by Black-.-Angel

After completing Oleg's tasks the dockyard will be unlocked, you will have 8 tasks to complete there.

1.) Buy 1 motorboat
    Reward: 15,000 FXP

2.) Send your boat fishing
    Reward: 22,500 FXP

3.) Produce 10 chum
    Reward: 33,750 FXP

4.) Buy experienced deck hands x1
    Reward: 50,630 FXP

5.) Collect 50 shrimp
    Reward: 75,950 FXP

6.) Catch 25 lobsters
    Reward: 113,900 FXP

7.) Have 4 trawlers (level 6)
    Reward: 170,860 FXP

8.) Have 4 sonars
    Reward: 256,300 FXP

Compiled by Yalenka

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on

Comments

• malayalam (US1)malayalam (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    I was at fishing level 24. I had Task 25, carbon pole and large bucket to complete. Since carbon pole can only be purchased at level 25, it was not completed. But now I got straight to Task 26, large minnow hook and after doing that I am able to unlock boats.
    But where is my Task 25, carbon pole..... ?
    Removed?
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Fantastic @Rowdy Rac!! Thank you so much for this list
  • Much appreciated for the list!!!  :)
  • Days of frustration just evaporated. Who knew the collection of milk on the MF was a fishing task? I looked everywhere for hours for something that looked like a fishing task. You, sir, are the shiznizzle. A legit e-hero. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    Thanks for the list Rowdy and Black-.-Angel - passed it on to my team.  That's a huge help!!
  • GoodGold1 (US1)GoodGold1 (US1) Posts: 63
    edited 26.05.2017
    thanks for the list; too bad it doesn't fix the problem.

I found the tasks AFTER rebooting the computer; shutting down the browser and restarting did not work; it tells me I am using bait (task 14) but it won't keep the fish when I exit fishing and the bait comes back as if I never fished,

At a minimum you should have had these steps weeks before the HWE so you could work through the bugs and lack of documentation; found these issues and fixed them
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @GoodGold1 (US1)  When you go fishing to use the bait, you must click bait and then click the + sign for it to register for the task!
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    edited 27.05.2017
    @GoodGold1 (US1)

Oleg's tasks have been in the game since late October 2016 ... they are not new.

The way to work with bait in the mini fishing game is as follow:  First you need to buy the particular type of bait you need from the fishing supply shop.  Then you need to move it out of your inventory and into the tackle box. Then you go fishing and as JVD (US1) indicated in the post above, you need to ....

click on that little circle with the + sign and the green arrow.
    That will activate your bait ... and task 14 will be completed.

Edited to correct JVD's name. Sorry, @JVD (US1) , for calling you a DVD  :blush:  :D
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS AND, NO; IT DOESN'T WORK

I have never seen these 26 tasks before and have been playing the game nearly 3 years
  • tkayd (US1)tkayd (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    Thanks for the list and thanks for the tip about the bait!
  • I'm totally lost.  I don't see the tasks either, I have no clue how to do this or participate in the Hard Work event.  Every time I think I understand something about this game another twist is thrown at me & I can't figure out what to do.  I'm frustrated, upset, & tired of not finding answers I understand here, not to mention where the topics are I need are.  ?????  
    edited 27.05.2017
    @PollyWannaFrog (US1)

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with Oleg's quest  :(
    It's somewhat difficult to explain if you have been unaware, up till this point, that these tasks exist, however, let's give it a shot :)

I visited your farm and saw that you are fishing level 17 and that Oleg is standing on your pier, fishing.  
    This tell me that you must have completed at least task 1 (as indicated in the list up there in the first post ^^^), possibly even, without realizing it, the second and third tasks.

So now you need to search for the next task.  Use the picture in the list as a guide to help you find these tasks ... you need to look on both the main and flower farms since they jump between the two.  
    As I'm not sure exactly which one is next for you, I' going to show you a picture of my next task:

This is my left hand task bar on my flower farm.  I need to complete task nr 11 next (circled there in red)  - which is donating 250 kg catfish.

The next task for me (nr 12) will, according to the list, also appear on the flower farm, in that very same spot now circled in red, as soon as I finish task 11.

I hope this will help you to get going on Oleg's task quest so that you might also unlock the dock yard in the fishing area.

Good luck !

• Thanks so much, I'll check it.  I've had no idea what to do with Oleg & have either had him fish or earn xp.  Hopefully now I can actually get some use out of him!   :)
  • I've run into another problem.  I don't have Oleg's face on the side bar.  Everything else on that bar is there but not Oleg.  Is there a way to fix that?  That's why I haven't been working on quests for him; there was none showing.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I've run into another problem.  I don't have Oleg's face on the side bar.  Everything else on that bar is there but not Oleg.  Is there a way to fix that?  That's why I haven't been working on quests for him; there was none showing.
    It's not always his face on the task bar.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I've run into another problem.  I don't have Oleg's face on the side bar.  Everything else on that bar is there but not Oleg.  Is there a way to fix that?  That's why I haven't been working on quests for him; there was none showing.
    Take a good look at the first post by @Rowdy Rac in the first column of pictures is the farm that the task is on and the next column of pictures is the task it self.
  • tarise (US1)tarise (US1) Posts: 37
    edited 27.05.2017
    I'm Level 30 and I'm at Task 25 - buy a wooden pole and a large bucket.  Got the wooden pole but it won't let me buy the large bucket.  I got more than enough to buy at least 10 of them but I can't buy one single blasted bucket.  What's the deal?
    Post edited by tarise (US1) on
  • I have been able to do some of the tasks but once I got to the bait no farm has any tasks for the fish/deep sea fishing  I bought gold and got a boat that I can load and ready but wont function because the dock isnt unlocked and I have no tasks showing to do to unlock the dock
  • I'm Level 30 and I'm at Task 25 - buy a wooden pole and a large bucket.  Got the wooden pole but it won't let me buy the large bucket.  I got more than enough to buy at least 10 of them but I can't buy one single blasted bucket.  What's the deal?
    Just an FYI, you need to buy the small bucket first and upgrade it up to 5 and then buy the medium bucket, level it up to 5 before you can buy the large bucket.
  • I unlock the dockyard before taking a Oleg's tasks.  Does   quests disappear. Can I find some were to finish Oleg's Tasks? I don't pay attention on the beginnings Please wright to me ASAP   thanks     
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I unlock the dockyard before taking a Oleg's tasks.  Does   quests disappear. Can I find some were to finish Oleg's Tasks? I don't pay attention on the beginnings Please wright to me ASAP   thanks     
    No you must complete the tasks first. 
    Take a good look at the first post by @Rowdy Rac in the first column of pictures is the farm that the task is on and the next column of pictures is the task it self.
  • That mean is to late for Tasks. Oh well,    I loose a lot. Next time I pay more attention before unlock something , but also nothing sow me that I take wrong way. Next time will be nice if some message pop out and ask me if I'm sure to do this .  Thanks for quick respond and I'm mad on my self    I loose a lot
  • Rideon10 (US1)Rideon10 (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    I am stuck on task 14  I have completed the buy the bass bait but nothing I do seems to complete the use the bass bait part.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    I am stuck on task 14  I have completed the buy the bass bait but nothing I do seems to complete the use the bass bait part.
    Rowdy explained above how to use the bait. ;) Here it is again....

Rowdy Rac said:
    The way to work with bait in the mini fishing game is as follow:  First you need to buy the particular type of bait you need from the fishing supply shop.  Then you need to move it out of your inventory and into the tackle box. Then you go fishing and as JVD (US1) indicated in the post above, you need to ....

click on that little circle with the + sign and the green arrow.
    That will activate your bait ... and task 14 will be completed.

• okay, little circle, I get it now. I thought just selecting the right bait in the menu did it.

now for all of us who screwed up and didn't get to do the event, could you possibly give it more time, like another 3 datys????   PLEASE
    @Fruzia (US1)

It is not at all too late to do Oleg's tasks, if you haven't yet completed them :)

When you say you "unlocked" the dockyard I'm assuming you mean that you visited the new fishing area ?
    The dockyard is only considered "unlocked" once you are able to use it to build boats and make chum.
    If you click on it and it still looks like this

it has NOT yet been unlocked.

Then you need to complete all the tasks listed at the top of the page.

Good luck  :)

So my boatyard is unlocked and I bought a boat.  But now it says I don't have the right equipment-how do I know what is right and where to buy it.  This is all very confusing!

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    I'm Level 30 and I'm at Task 25 - buy a wooden pole and a large bucket.  Got the wooden pole but it won't let me buy the large bucket.  I got more than enough to buy at least 10 of them but I can't buy one single blasted bucket.  What's the deal?

You must buy allof the smaller buckets before you are allowed to buy a large bucket.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514

So my boatyard is unlocked and I bought a boat.  But now it says I don't have the right equipment-how do I know what is right and where to buy it.  This is all very confusing!

if you click on your boat you will see a set up similar to the tackle box for manual fishing.  It works like that.  Across the top of the window are several icons which will tell you what they are for if you cursor over them. The specialty fishing equipment allows you to fish for specific things.  You can buy lobster traps, clam rakes, etc.  Each one shows which type of fish it is for.  The people are not too important till yuou get higher level boats.  Tehne after purchasing your items you can click on the far left icon at the top and it will allow you to transfer your purchased items to your boat.  Then click on a fishing hole and a window opens for you to select and send your boat.
    Thank you!  I jumped ahead of myself and went to a fishing hole before I checked.
Sign In to comment.