Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I am fishing with equip and fishing pools out, I am getting a  better variety and better balance of fish in the pools. Not saying it is perfect, but definitely better and am able to complete contracts between flushes!! Have now gotten up to the 6 contracts and overall my farms are making money collectively. 

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    When I pay for prime rib, T-bone steak, I am not happy to accept a can of sardines  and no wait now i can get a P&J sandwich all for the same price.  Sorry we ran out of food would not cut it  money back please as I walk out of the door. 
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    I earned my gold certificates, however, the last two days I received no fish the HW event called for. In the past, I cleared each task on the left of the screen daily, now I am no longer receiving swordfish or salmon, at least no as often. I am over run with lobster and not making cod or clams enough to fill the fish market needs. Seriously, the fish need to be balanced. I now have 6 contracts and no way to fill the bulk of them. I understand your need for people to buy gold, however, it was bad enough to cut the ability to make a decent money stash, but now, not to receive what we need and being forced to run boats at a loss for stupid prizes is just crazy. I filled one contracts and received 2 water for the trouble...seriously?
    The prime rib place went out of business due to giving such great deals... all that is left is P&J, enjoy your sandwich! 

I loved making the quick buck and lots of it just like everyone, don't get me wrong...

But we knew a change was coming, the fast buck could not keep going! I am taking is slowly and am gradually getting the profit as I said above.

When we started, we had one farm, main farm... we built it up enough so we could then begin working on the gourmet farm from the profits of the main farm... then came the flower farm which we build from the profits of the main and gourmet farms... eventually, the profits from the flower farm took care of the main, gourmet and flower farms if you worked it right... lots of strategy to play with! 

GGS rolled out the DSF poorly, I totally agree, but I profited from it!!! sold my fish as I brought them in knowing things would change, I did not spend a lot of gold on the DSF luckily, but used my profits from the area to build my fleet.

so yes, I am in a good position with it all. But all  my farms work together to grow and there is potential to make  the DSF work  to your advantage, just take your time with it.... tearing down your fleet is nuts, IMHO. Use it as you can to make it work. Trash contracts til kingdom come if you want til you build some stock... those with stock held "hostage", you have a better advantage than I since you have stock, since I sold everything the minute I got it and have no stock... will take me a long time to complete what you call "worthless" contracts, but I am plugging along, picking and choosing what I can do and what will help my farms "collectively" grow. What is in your inventory is worth a lot, unfortunately no longer what it was and most likely never will be, sadly!

Do I want to be able  to sell my fish directly if I so choose, YES I DO!!!! 

I am hoping GGS is working to give us the ability to sell directly (as in all the other produce in the game), appreciate the changes to the pools in the hotfix (glad to hear they are leaving as is for now) and hope they keep working to balance it even more which will make it a good thing again but different... which has brought back strategy to the game as it should be.

all in my humble opinion!!! and wish all the best to everyone!

Happy Farming and Fishing! 
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Very nicely said @JVD (US1). I agree 100% with what you said about our 3 main farms. That was a very nice word of encouragement :)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @JVD (US1)

I completely understand your point of view.  I do see a little potential in the fish market as long as we get rid of the contracts that offer totally insane compensation for our fish such as the drops of water (unless someone does absolutely no farming and participates in no events that give water as rewards and NEEDS water). Same goes for the brushes and rakes (these are given in CCs).  I have been running a virtual simulation of the contracts based on pools and the amounts of fish in the pools.  The main problem I see is lack of certain pools but I guess if you just keep sending out boats and clearing out pools you will eventually get the fish you need and possibly have the fish from the pools you cleared out for the next contracts.

However, you say, "those with stock held "hostage", you have a better advantage than I since you have stock, since I sold everything the minute I got it and have no stock"

I am not understanding this ... an advantage for what?  I do not have an advantage.  ALL my profits are in my inventory.... those that had sold off their fish have the advantage, they have farm cash available.  Farm cash to continue upgrading their farms, cash to play the island, cash to exchange for village dollars, cash to continually send out their boats. They don't HAVE to sit there and tinker with the market to try and re-coop some of that cash.  

Perhaps you are saying I have an advantage to get to the higher contracts quicker? I still haven't decided if it is even worth it to make the touchdown (football reference). I just don't see what is at the end of the tunnel.  Maybe I am missing something.  Is there a goal to this maybe a final reward when we reach the end? Is there an end?

Example of my simulation:  
    Holiday Resort contract Level 0
    381 Tuna needed
    Contract payout: $2,369,311 & 5 Karma
    boats & equipment:  4 boats - $677,550 in equipment - current total fish 292  - fish still needed 89 
    Possible Profit: still calculating but maximum currently is $1,691,761
    Minimum loss based on pre-update: 3,964,814

I don't want to sound petty about 3.9mil, however, that is almost a level 7 cowshed upgrade.
    When we can rely ONLY on our profits from our farms and what few cash rewards are available, every farm dollar counts.  I literally had 5mil in farm dollars when I got out of the hospital and logged in to find no sell button and over 1.5 bil in inventory. Had I been given the opportunity to sell off my inventory, I would have been ok with this and I also would have had no problem rebuilding my inventory based on current profit pricing to fill contracts for a profit.

Every single contract has some type of item, items I honestly don't need.  These items they are offering drastically reduces the cash amount.  I certainly don't need any water, water will not upgrade the buildings on my farm.  I cannot offer water drops or rakes to play the island.  I am constantly making special seeds on all 3 farms and still always have close to 1,000. 

My anger and frustration has absolutely nothing to do with the market or the drastic reduction in fish pricing, it has everything to do with the way GGS first implemented the dockyard and FHWE at the same time and then the way they shut it down; offering no reasonable opportunity to sell off inventory before the changes took place. 
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    @Shay1968 (US1) Before you start to fill the contract and step your foot on DSF Nerf, make sure you turn your farm into your favor first (at least make production cost between -80 'til -90 percent). Until you do this, send your fleet without any equipment is better than filling it. We all know GGS just trying to insult us, even giving the most ridiculous contract ever. But, doing without thinking is just same. That's why before proceed, I always trying to adapt with every changes in BF and find a way to turn it into my favor
    @Shay1968 (US1)

"I completely understand your point of view.  I do see a little potential in the fish market as long as we get rid of the contracts that offer totally insane compensation for our fish such as the drops of water (unless someone does absolutely no farming and participates in no events that give water as rewards and NEEDS water). Same goes for the brushes and rakes (these are given in CCs).  I have been running a virtual simulation of the contracts based on pools and the amounts of fish in the pools.  The main problem I see is lack of certain pools but I guess if you just keep sending out boats and clearing out pools you will eventually get the fish you need and possibly have the fish from the pools you cleared out for the next contracts."

I could care less about rakes and brushes... but yes, clearing out pools does help to generate new pools and with stock to complete contracts that will bring profit to my "farms"... I am not trying to bring profit to just the DSF area...

"However, you say, "those with stock held "hostage", you have a better advantage than I since you have stock, since I sold everything the minute I got it and have no stock"

I am not understanding this ... an advantage for what?  I do not have an advantage.  ALL my profits are in my inventory.... those that had sold off their fish have the advantage, they have farm cash available.  Farm cash to continue upgrading their farms, cash to play the island, cash to exchange for village dollars, cash to continually send out their boats. They don't HAVE to sit there and tinker with the market to try and re-coop some of that cash."

They are in your inventory because you won't let go, those profits will not be back based on what GGS has said, but nothing is set in stone! But you can use them to your advantage if you will let go some... IMHO

Perhaps you are saying I have an advantage to get to the higher contracts quicker? I still haven't decided if it is even worth it to make the touchdown (football reference). I just don't see what is at the end of the tunnel.  Maybe I am missing something.  Is there a goal to this maybe a final reward when we reach the end? Is there an end?

You have the ability to complete contracts that I probably don't because of your stock.... of course choosing the best contracts to complete... not anything to do with getting higher contracts quicker...

"Example of my simulation:  
    381 Tuna needed
    boats & equipment:  4 boats - $677,550 in equipment - current total fish 292  - fish still needed 89 
    Possible Profit: still calculating but maximum currently is $1,691,761
    Minimum loss based on pre-update: 3,964,814"

You are basing your LOSS on the old system which no longer exists... I clearly said I profited because I sold as I harvested... I am working on profiting with today's system...

"I don't want to sound petty about 3.9mil, however, that is almost a level 7 cowshed upgrade.
    When we can rely ONLY on our profits from our farms and what few cash rewards are available, every farm dollar counts.  I literally had 5mil in farm dollars when I got out of the hospital and logged in to find no sell button and over 1.5 bil in inventory. Had I been given the opportunity to sell off my inventory, I would have been ok with this and I also would have had no problem rebuilding my inventory based on current profit pricing to fill contracts for a profit."

again, I sold as I harvested... it has been hard to fill contracts with the pools spawning as they have been, but you have inventory I know you don't want to use hoping GGS will let you sell at the old fantastic prices... I don't believe that is going to happen, but never say never and you will get what you want!

"Every single contract has some type of item, items I honestly don't need.  These items they are offering drastically reduces the cash amount.  I certainly don't need any water, water will not upgrade the buildings on my farm.  I cannot offer water drops or rakes to play the island.  I am constantly making special seeds on all 3 farms and still always have close to 1,000. "

You can decline contracts... there are many without "water or other fluff"! Decline, decline and decline...

If I play the "Temp Farms" that is up to me, has nothing to do with the DSF... in fact I play them all with an ulterior motive and involves little cash from me. :)

"My anger and frustration has absolutely nothing to do with the market or the drastic reduction in fish pricing, it has everything to do with the way GGS first implemented the dockyard and FHWE at the same time and then the way they shut it down; offering no reasonable opportunity to sell off inventory before the changes took place. "

I totally understand you anger, but we were given warning something was changing, in fact many commented on it 2 weeks before it happened and I am sorry you were ill and unavailable and hope that you are better/recouperating for sure...

But I must move on which I am doing, I play the game for fun... I am not a numbers person... if I can get my cash up more in a day, I am happy! 

Again, this is all IMHO... Everyone will do what is best for them... My farms are growing!

With what might be in your inventory, and I am guessing, you have the potential to complete quite a number of contracts if you choose without the fluff which is what I decline constantly, but I have to wait to harvest... that is where your inventory counts at today's prices and that is all I have to work with now... make it work for you with today's prices, everything is subject to change...

As I said I do hope that GGS keeps working to balance this more and can only hope they do... it is a game, I play, I pay if I want to and don't if it is not worth it to me... it is entertainment, not my life!

Again all this is IMHO!! I am moving on and there is light at the end of the tunnel if you choose to take it I think...

I am not here arguing with you @shay1968... it was just my point of view, nothing more, nothing less. and not looking for an argument...

@JVD (US1)

Certainly no argument from me.  I just am here now trying to find some rationality to all this; Trying to find the success stories.  I respect everyone for their own opinions.  While I am not happy with the ways things played out with the DSF, I realize we are at the mercy of whatever GGS decides to do.  I for one can only hope they will balance the pools better and improve the contracts. Perhaps I am just holding on to their statements in their official announcements of some type of improvements before diving into the fish market.  So basically I am waiting to see exactly what GGS is willing to compromise on their end.  I guess I would rather be patient and wait for something just a little bit better rather than just wave the white flag and give up with no hope. 
  • GuestSdaf (US1)GuestSdaf (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    and then there is 6 lobster pools!!!!
    seems to me that the hw says that 10/sec is max.   with 30 mins left i was at #54 and i end with #63.  how does anyone pass me at 10/sec???????????????
    hmmmm makes me wonder if the gold buyers just happen to end higher?

edited 30.08.2017
    @JVD (US1)

Certainly no argument from me.  I just am here now trying to find some rationality to all this; Trying to find the success stories.  I respect everyone for their own opinions.  While I am not happy with the ways things played out with the DSF, I realize we are at the mercy of whatever GGS decides to do.  I for one can only hope they will balance the pools better and improve the contracts. Perhaps I am just holding on to their statements in their official announcements of some type of improvements before diving into the fish market.  So basically I am waiting to see exactly what GGS is willing to compromise on their end.  I guess I would rather be patient and wait for something just a little bit better rather than just wave the white flag and give up with no hope. 
    and I hope they do as I have stated.... guess our difference on it is you have the pre-stock and mine was sold... I truly do hope they give a better balance all around for everyone!  ;)
    how can i get passed on the rankings when i am running 10/sec????
    multiple times i became lower in the rankings while i ran 10/sec.  mine shows that  you can not get more than 10/sec. i could understand not moving up....if everyone above me is running 10 as well.  if i am at the max how does anyone get more points than i am?????
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    multiple times i became lower in the rankings while i ran 10/sec.  mine shows that  you can not get more than 10/sec. i could understand not moving up....if everyone above me is running 10 as well.  if i am at the max how does anyone get more points than i am?????
    You lose a lot of time on the clock when you go past 9/sec.  The idea is keep the timer at 9.  (I think on a few fish, you can go higher.)  
    You lose a lot of time on the clock when you go past 9/sec.  The idea is keep the timer at 9.  (I think on a few fish, you can go higher.)  
    time really does not matter when it stays at 10/sec.  ~1 day or 2 days doesn't make a difference.  sat and rain at 10/sec after the first night.
    The ranking are not in real time exactly.  GGS uses cloud servers.  The different servers need to relay the data to the main server and bounce it back to all the other servers.  So while you may see you are in, let's say, 50th place, all the data may have not been collected to show the proper place you are in.  Some servers are much slower depending on the location and the traffic,  so bits and pieces may straggle in at times. Therefore, sometimes it does not show the correct data. However, when the event ends, I am assuming GGS would have a delay to count the straggling data and the final score should contain all the data and correct placements.  So it is very possible to see your placement in the event bounce up and down a bit from time to time.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    This is more than just money  and it is more than how they screwed up things  lack of trust ethical considerations  at least for me those are bad enough  but it is more a series of mishaps that village, useless job center, lack of communication from GGS  no respect, have taken so much of the joy of playing the game I putter, people in the coop are feeling the drain there is a lack of enthusiasm that I dont think this company has the abiltiy to be able to turn the tide of disappointment this time the bitter after taste is still sharp. 
    Thank You shay68!!!   i can understand that then.  we are only seeeing our own server, not everyone who is playing the game.  THANKS!
    i used to get a nice balance of the 4 kinds of pools.  now it is 4-5 lobster and rotate the others.   i got my inventory sold before the change, so i am slow in filling contracts now.  
    JVD, thanks for some good posts!
    just a game...not a real 100,000 bushel bin of corn that went from $7 down to $3!!
  • Hi I am new here I just started today 
  • Can anyony tell me how and where to get Oysters for the hard worker event

If you haven't invested to the point where you can fish for them, consider yourself very fortunate. Just say NO to this game feature. 
    Update on my fish market simulation:

NONE: I still have not had any tuna pools spawn.

That was over 3 days ago!

381 Tuna needed
    Possible Profit: still calculating but maximum currently is $1,691,761  (Profit per hour disintegrating rapidly)

• Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    Does anyone have an idea on when the Fishing hard worker event happens each month. Can't seem to find a proper & accurate timeline for the events.

Thanks for any help  :)
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 24.09.2017
    Am hoping that GGS will start using the very useful calendar that we had during the WWE, it is nice to know when events are scheduled to occur.  It could also show when any downtimes/updates are going to take place as not everyone reads the forum to learn this but information posted on the game page could be seen easily.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    There is an event calendar on @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  's site: http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/calendar/calendar.htm

GGS does change the events around sometimes, but it is mostly up to date.
    Have a look around while you're there, it is full of useful information, I use it almost daily :)

• Does anyone have an idea on when the Fishing hard worker event happens each month. Can't seem to find a proper & accurate timeline for the events.

Thanks for any help  :)
    @Wons (AU1) It should be a 4 week cycle of: CC - HWE - CC - FHWE (each Friday), but it does suddenly change occasionally, maybe to keep us expecting the unexpected. For example a CC was skipped a couple of weeks ago & last time the FHWE ran, it ended at the time that it was supposed to start, though I am not sure that was intentional lol
  • Well this time it is fishing again! and we start with oysters, but guess what?!!! there aren't any oysters available for fishing. What a crock this game is beginning to be! 
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I feel your pain dollbaby...did you have previous fishing sites to which you sent boats?  I find if I consistently send a few boats to every site offering all and every fish available in game I somewhere along the line end up with oysters for the fishing event; and before I go to sleep for the night here in Calgary, I send all boats out to fish whatever sites are available.  I call it "scatter fishing" because as in real life, fishes are never where you want them to be nor where you have dropped your fishing line...but in the morning I reap my rewards and move on...sometimes I am on target when the fishing starts and sometimes am behind the eight-ball...it certainly is a crock, but that's the rules for a crap shoot...sigh.  Sorry that I have no definitive solution...game is set up for what seems, extreme randomness.
  • I wonder I was gaining 9 points per second and it will last for more than one day so i will gain too much points . i worked hard to reach 10 points per second suddenly the time reduced to be only 37 minutes after reaching the 10 points. how could that happen work hard and gain less points . how it called hard work event then ??????????!!!!!!!!!
  • I wonder I was gaining 9 points per second and it will last for more than one day so i will gain too much points .I worked hard to reach 10 points per second suddenly the time reduced to be only 37 minutes after reaching the 10 points. how could that happen work hard and gain less points . how it called hard work event then ??????????!!!!!!!!! How could that happen ?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I wonder I was gaining 9 points per second and it will last for more than one day so i will gain too much points . i worked hard to reach 10 points per second suddenly the time reduced to be only 37 minutes after reaching the 10 points. how could that happen work hard and gain less points . how it called hard work event then ??????????!!!!!!!!!
    You are going to find that certain levels like 10 are just not worth getting to unless you are wanting to rush that item to get it to finish as soon as possible.
Sign In to comment.