Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• i have a boat now but  for the life of me cannot figure out how to send it to fishing! help?
    Here is a link that should help
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/dockyard.htm
  • I have 2 regions in fishing which did not close after all the fish were emptied and one of them is from 2 days.I don't understand how this works.From what I understood ,Once you fish everything it closes and opens a new one ,once every 24 hrs but these 2 regions were like that still open with no fish,one more than 48 hrs and another around 29 hrs.
    I have the same problem I have 2 fishing spots that do not want to reset, initially it was only one which has been empty for more than a day and now I have another spot that has been empty for over an hour, yet other spots regenerate once empty, I do not' know what is going on. 
  • @Seeker1 (US1) The timers for the flower farm & deep sea are having some issues, because the dockyard is acessible on both screens & if you start production of Chum on one screen & harvest on the other, the timers get mixed up. - It is being worked on.

The boats do occasionally "appear" to go to the wrong fishing location, but it is only a display error. The fish still get caught from the correct location & as you say, switching farms makes the boat appear where it really is. :)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Can we expect any fish repairs soon?  It has been two weeks now.......
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    an announcement was made today that the updates are coming soon with a list of the changes.... I am looking forward to the updates :)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    JVD (US1) said:
    an announcement was made today that the updates are coming soon with a list of the changes.... I am looking forward to the updates :)

I noticed this.  I assume that much of the discussion of fishing will move that discussion link?
  • berylk (HIS1)berylk (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 8
    edited 07.06.2017
    @berylk (HIS1)

1. You have to find a fishing pool in the sea (there should be 6 of them, the one in deep - dark blue waters are easier to notice).
    2. Put your mouse cursor on the pool and press the mouse button. The ring menu should appear.
    3. Choose the icon of the fish on the ring menu. The window with fishing data and boats will appear.
    4. Choose the boat and press the green arrow at the bottom right corner and you are done.
    Thank you @aaabbb1 (INT1).

So the reason I couldn't find a fishing spot is because -- I went directly for the last ship in the yard, and never built the first one (the one called a "lancha" in the hispanic server). Apparently. you have to own a "lancha" for the fishing spots to be open, otherwise you'll be left with very opperational boats and a very empty sea orz

I got me a 1st level "lancha" and the fishing spots magically appeared XD

But thank you for the very detailed help @aaabbb1 (INT1) ! :smiley:
  • Can anyone help me please, My dockyard is level 5 & I can only build the runabout & the motor boat, no other boats are showing that they can be built, I have built 14 boats so far

Thx

• Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    14 is the maximum number of boats you can have - you will need to demolish one of your existing boats to be able to see better boats
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    edited 03.07.2017

Post edited by woodenskull (US1) on
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I once had 5 fishing areas active at a time instead of 6.  
    Did you know that starting production of chum in the flower farm saves you money.  
    Click on the zzz above the dockyard in the flower farm to open the ring menu.  This allows you to start production of chum at the flower farm.  Clicking on the dockyard itself will send you to the fishing region which has higher chum production costs.  
    It also has upgrade and build boat buttons but attempting to build will give an error.  
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514

Can anyone help me please, My dockyard is level 5 & I can only build the runabout & the motor boat, no other boats are showing that they can be built, I have built 14 boats so far

Thx

yES 14 BOATS MAX but you also have to have the dock building upgraded to level 8 to build a trawler.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

Can anyone help me please, My dockyard is level 5 & I can only build the runabout & the motor boat, no other boats are showing that they can be built, I have built 14 boats so far

Thx

14 is the maximum number of boats you can have - you will need to demolish one of your existing boats to be able to see better boats
    yES 14 BOATS MAX but you also have to have the dock building upgraded to level 8 to build a trawler.
    Check the player level as well ;)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I got to hand it to you GGS, this Deep sea fishing adventure is the best! I thought the Jetty was a great update, but this Dockyard will lift everyone's spirits and keep them playing BigFarm.

Once you get started I find it so easy to do. I am very happy to hear that you will not be lowering the sell price of the fish and it's very exciting to get all the extra FXP in so many ways. 

There is just one thing I'd like to see added and perhaps one of the MODs could pass it on.

I would like to be able to equip my boats from the "Go fishing" window when I pick a boat for that area. This would save a great deal of time.

As it is now we have to go check out the fishing areas, then go back and equip our boats for that area.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I feel silly right about now, I plumb forgot about that silly little "More boats" button :) I had the ability all along to equip my boats from the Go fishing window and never used it. Now I am setting pretty and can save more time lol 
  • Vini7 (AU1)Vini7 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 18

Hi,
    I thought I put together a list of bugs that are presently taking away from the pleasure of playing (and I enjoy the game very much apart from these bugs) -

1) In the village you can no longer harvest items when the factory is upgrading. That means the timer is useless for any other production until the upgrade is finished.

2) Since the boathouse is linked both to the flower farm and the fish farm, harvesting chum only removes the 'harvest ready' sign from one farm, the other still shows harvest ready and makes the timer inaccessible for other items.

3) Fish pools disappear nilly-willy when I put a boat there for fishing, even though neither the time nor the stock has run out.

4) Since the recent update only 5 fish pools are available, not 6.

5) The downtime counter after planting edge plants only starts when I harvest the crop, even if the crop has been sitting unharvested for hours (over night for instance). Previously the downtime counter started when the harvest was ready, regardless when it was harvested.

6) When I plant a crop that takes longer to grow than the downtime, it shows the full harvest amount in the display, even though I actually only harvest 60% - a serious display error that has probably been there since the village started and caused miscalculation of the crop to be expected.

7) Since the village started my browser crashes about even 30-60min and additionally it crashes every time I try to access one of the temporary farms. Other people in my coop report the same. There are just too many flash things happening and I can hear my (relatively new and fast) computer grinding away on overdrive. Perhaps the developers can reduce some flash items like the blue stars for premium feed after so many new items have been introduced.

Thank you for listening.
    Regards Vini

• Scifi (GB1)Scifi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 78

Yea..  got the same bugs here..  I send one boat fishing Ok, but if I try to send a second boat to the same location, it brings up a Time Stamp Error and deletes the fishing spot.

Vini's item 5 is not so much a bug..  it gives us more time to harvest some secondary clay, stones or sand.

• It appears the hotfix 20 mins ago has fixed the deep sea fishing :)

Thank you GGS :)
  • Hi,
    I thought I put together a list of bugs that are presently taking away from the pleasure of playing (and I enjoy the game very much apart from these bugs) -

1) In the village you can no longer harvest items when the factory is upgrading. That means the timer is useless for any other production until the upgrade is finished.

2) Since the boathouse is linked both to the flower farm and the fish farm, harvesting chum only removes the 'harvest ready' sign from one farm, the other still shows harvest ready and makes the timer inaccessible for other items.

3) Fish pools disappear nilly-willy when I put a boat there for fishing, even though neither the time nor the stock has run out.

4) Since the recent update only 5 fish pools are available, not 6.

5) The downtime counter after planting edge plants only starts when I harvest the crop, even if the crop has been sitting unharvested for hours (over night for instance). Previously the downtime counter started when the harvest was ready, regardless when it was harvested.

6) When I plant a crop that takes longer to grow than the downtime, it shows the full harvest amount in the display, even though I actually only harvest 60% - a serious display error that has probably been there since the village started and caused miscalculation of the crop to be expected.

7) Since the village started my browser crashes about even 30-60min and additionally it crashes every time I try to access one of the temporary farms. Other people in my coop report the same. There are just too many flash things happening and I can hear my (relatively new and fast) computer grinding away on overdrive. Perhaps the developers can reduce some flash items like the blue stars for premium feed after so many new items have been introduced.

Thank you for listening.
    Regards Vini

@Vini7 (AU1) Thank you for your list :)

1) Known issue - Being worked on
    2) As far as I know, the dockyard harvests are disconnected from both timers now.
    3) Already fixed.
    4) I see 6 on your farm at this time, but there is one location, that appears sometimes on the very light blue area & is easy to miss.
    5) Intentional.
    6) Previously fixed - Will check on Monday if it has returned.
    7) Try using some different browsers (especially if you are using IE) they vary considerably in performance & you may find one that works much better on your system.

:)
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    Also, I notice that you did reply about the GMLs.  They are still missing from the Fish HW.  Several farmers and I have discussed this.  No one thinks that this is an accident or an oversight, so if it is an accident or oversight, then please clear that up.  However, currently, myself and many other farmers think that you took them out of the CC on purpose, now you have reduced them in half of the HW events going forward (also on purpose), and so we fully expect that you will take them out of the regular HW at some point....that it is only a matter of time.
    Hey @gavinfarms (US1) There are different groups in the fishing HWE. Each division has 1 GML as the top hard work reward with the exception of the highest division which has 2 GMLs. The fishing level ranges are:
    15-25
    26-35
    36-45
    46-55
    56-999

Are all the rest of the Hard Work rewards the same (item & quantity) amongst the different divisions except the GMLs?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    If I remember right, you have to be fishing level 20 before being able to get boats from the dockyard to participate in the fishing HWE.  So where does that leave the levels 15-19? or has something changed so that someone with fishing level 15 can buy boats at the dockyard?
    @FarmerCli (US1), yes it did change.... it is in one of the threads about this, LOL, have no idea where though!!
    Hmmm.....that is interesting....because I know that farmer Cli AUS1 is a fishing level 16 or so and when she goes to the dockyard it says she must be fishing level 20 before she can upgrade it to buy the boats (motor boat, etc).  But I don't think she has completed all of the fishing tasks either...so maybe that is the problem?
    @FarmerCli (US1), yes that is correct, all  the fishing tasks must be completed before you can access the dockyard at any level!
    Hmmm.....that is interesting....because I know that farmer Cli AUS1 is a fishing level 16 or so and when she goes to the dockyard it says she must be fishing level 20 before she can upgrade it to buy the boats (motor boat, etc).  But I don't think she has completed all of the fishing tasks either...so maybe that is the problem?
    I could be wrong about this... did find where they changed accessing Oleg's boat from lvl 15 to lvl 10, but can't find anything on the dockyard... went and looked at mine and it does still say lvl 20 :(
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    JVD (US1) said:
    I could be wrong about this... did find where they changed accessing Oleg's boat from lvl 15 to lvl 10, but can't find anything on the dockyard... went and looked at mine and it does still say lvl 20 :(
    They changed the boat at the dock on the Flower Farm to level 10 - the dockyard itself is still level 20.

WascallyWabbit said:

And another one.......

- Oleg's boat on the flower farm will now be unlocked at fishing level 10 instead of 15.

The update should also have some performance improvements for cooperatives with active challenges.
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3528185/#Comment_3528185
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    JVD (US1) said:
    They changed the boat at the dock on the Flower Farm to level 10 - the dockyard itself is still level 20.

Actually, re-reading the Announcement thread about the Dockyard, I don't think the Dockyard itself has a Fishing level requirement - just a PLAYER level requirement (level 20).

That "Level 20" definitely refers to Player Level, not Fishing Level.
    (because Level 8 requires Level 120, and I'm definitely not THAT high in my Fishing level yet) :)

Pretty sure that as soon as you finish Oleg's 26 quests, you get access to the Dockyard regardless of your fishing level. (It used to be you had to be Fishing level 25 or so just to finish all of Oleg's quests, because the last one (#26) didn't show up until you hit that fishing level, but I don't know if that's still the case or not.
Sign In to comment.