Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Timing of Events in Big Farm, Yarnacle especially needs to be adjusted!

Hi Developers,  In the May 3 Update Discussion, many players have posted that there are problems with the times that Yarnacle is coming, because he is coming when many players cannot utilize him or contribute to him.  So changes need to be made ASAP. Please consider that this is a 24 hour game and that events need to be adjusted for 24 hour players! Here is the link to that discussion, please take a look at some of the posts there as they are much more detailed than I can post here, because I will not be seeing Yarnacle for some time.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/152716/update-may-3rd-new-horse-season-capt-yarnacle-adjustments-discussion

Here are my comments regarding times in Big Farm for your consideration.   Thank You!
I am far from seeing Yarnacle, and I am thankful to those of you who are sharing the information you are finding about him (and about all of the Village Activities) and helping to fix the bugs in the Village! GGS should have made many adjustments from the test server info, but that's another subject.  I have been playing Big Farm for over 3 yrs, now and many times players on various servers have complained about GGS doing things from the CET (Central European Time-German Time-GGS Time) and how sometimes that was not "convenient" to their time zone.
     I am in the USA on PST time.  I have many players in my Co-op from many different time zones in the USA and some from other countries.  We have gotten used to the game being on CET time and make conversions so we know when things are happening for our individual time zones.   I just asked Cortana on my computer how many times zones there are in the USA and she said that there are 9 standard times-I knew there were a lot of them!  So on the USA server just which one of the 9 time zones would GGS choose to "time" the game by?   There is just no way to do it and be fair to everyone in the USA and the players from other countries as well.
     Here on the west coast (California), we are on Pacific time and have Daylight Savings time, some time zones do not have daylight savings time.  The East Coast is 3 hours ahead of us on the west coast, so we are constantly converting time, especially when doing business coast to coast and everywhere in between with different times zones there too, and around the world!  I also take our time zones into consideration when I schedule Co-op Projects.  I try to pick a time for starting and ending that "fits" most of our players.  And that can change as players enter and leave the game.  I usually give a PST and EST time when I announce it. Others will fill in as needed or can ask me for their zone and I will convert it for them.
     CET time is 9 hours AHEAD of my USA, West Coast, California time!  So I always have to keep this in mind with starting and ending Days/Times for events.  I alert my Co-op to it too, otherwise things are over before we know it, or starting much later.  Simply put as long as we know the time zone the game is on-CET time, it is not a problem. 
     GGS had said long ago that they were working on having each of their servers & events set to the local times zones for that server.  But again, when an area has many times zones, such as the USA does, no one zone will be right for everyone. And I would think that it would be a nightmare for GGS to try to set each of their 32 servers at different times and adjust the times of events for all 32 servers and who knows how many events and get it right! (Geezzzz they can't even get a regular timer to work right lately! And the Hunts still have trouble with the times!) Can you imagine how much time it would take them to adjust the game events and their timing for 32 different servers!  I WOULD RATHER THAT THEY SPEND TIME FIXING THE BUGS AND PREVENTING THEM IN FUTURE EVENTS THAN ON ADJUSTING TIME ZONES!
     Many players have more than one BF game going (you are allowed only 1 game on each server by GGS rules.  IMO, if I had more than one game going, I would just like all of them on the same time, otherwise it would get confusing for me, having to convert everything for each game!
     I have seen GGS give out starting and ending times more and more recently for the events, in CET time.  It has been announced for forum contests too! When we get that ahead of time, it has worked well.  No problem. THANK YOU for that GGS!  They have even tweeted recently about the times Steve Screwdriver the Architect is coming and THAT IS REALLY NICE!!   (GGS WE NEED THE STEVE THE ARCHITECT TO COME MORE OFTEN!!!!)
     Players have all kinds of home schedules and times that they can and do play the game.  NO ONE TIME PERIOD WILL BE RIGHT FOR EVERYONE!!  People work, sleep, get up early, or stay up plate, or play in the wee hours of the night all the time!!  THIS IS A 24 HOUR GAME!
    As far as Events like Yarnacle, and adjustment in the current schedule for his ship does need to be made.If they just do that, Yarnacle could stay longer to get the repairs done, or come back at random time periods.  I have not tried it yet, so I really cannot make an educated suggestion, but it definitely needs to be designed around players who play 24 hours a day! (Steve Screwdriver the Architect comes over a 24 hours period, as does many other things in the game.)
     So, IMO, the Developers should keep this game on CET time for all the servers.  They should continue to announce starting and stopping times for all events in CET time, then we can convert it to our individual time.
  THE DEVELOPERS SHOULD DESIGN ALL EVENTS AROUND A 24 HOUR CLOCK BECAUSE THIS IS A 24 HOUR GAME!  DEVELOPERS SHOULD SPEND THEIR TIME PERFECTING THE GAME SO THAT WAY LESS BUGS OCCUR AND THE ONES WE HAVE GET FIXED, RATHER THAN ON TIME ZONES.
    @WascallyWabbit  I'd appreciate any comment from you and other players of course and please pass this on. Thank you for all that you do for us.  I think I will post about this in the developer's tree house too and see what they say about it.  Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file